Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe (39854 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk / Nigeria Most Influential Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:51am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:
duurh..... thank god for colonization, Igbos now know what Cotton and Guns are.

I dont want to take it in this direction, but since your are actively pushing it there...

Anyways Im outta here.

And who told you I'm Igbo? I see you can abuse other people when your own heroes needed a foreign ideology to become something substantial, no? Stupid cow jockey.

Come talk to me when your Fula tribe make history books about African history - and not radical Islamic books about jihad in asteroid-worshipping-ragheads-dominated Saudi Arabia, plonker.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PhysicsQED(m): 2:53am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:

The fact that you have your own personal problems with the Fulbe doesn't make us any less important....

See How European Explorers into Africa described the Fulani:

........ the Yoruba, Edo, Mande et all, were all there as at the time that statement was made.

Dude, leave the Edo out of this. I've been watching this bizarre spectacle of a thread for a while, but don't make me descend on this thread with negative quotes about the Fulanis from Europeans. Anybody can find a European explorer who thought this or that about some group, it doesn't mean that their statement about the personal attributes of that African group is necessarily true. And do you actually think all the quotes about Fulanis from European writers are positive? I can assure you that this is not the case.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by ezotik: 2:58am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

My tribe and Fulani's should NEVER be in the same sentence - that's utterly disrespectful. Hence why I haven't really said nothing about my tribe on this thread!

yeah, and i noticed didn't say anything either in her backhanded comments on the first page.

... hmmm, i smell ethnic-bias laced with "race-based philosophy"

or, is this thread purely a lust for fulani d-ck? perhaps searching for a fulani male who will use sharo to shine the kongo? grin

i maybe wrong on all counts tho.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 3:04am On May 27, 2013
ezotik:
yeah, and i noticed didn't say anything either in her backhanded comments on the first page.

... hmmm, i smell ethnic-bias laced with "race-based philosophy"

or, is this thread purely a lust for fulani d-ck? perhaps searching for a fulani male who will sharo to shine the kongo? grin

i maybe wrong on all counts tho.

The bolded is more like it. Women always lose their gaddamn minds when ol'good dyck is involved. grin

The borojo fool might be her bf, who knows? Smashing that thing to smithereens as he's posting. I guess that's why she's liking his stupid and redundant posts. Freaking non-achieving Fulani's who're inconsequential outside Northern Nigeria. grin

I still can't believe the girl created this stupid thread - women, emotions, and ol'good dyck. grin

I'm out. wink

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by ezotik: 3:04am On May 27, 2013
lol, "sharo to shine to the kongo" kinda rhymes btw... just saying.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PhysicsQED(m): 3:22am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:

You are soo silly...mande are an Ethno-Linguistic group, Just like Bantu, Dravadian, Germanics and celts....But you probably dont realize that.... they are npt a monolithic group like Yoruba or Fulani or Kikuyu...do you get it??

lol, so Fulanis aren't a heterogeneous group now? Even when every person with a half a drop of Fulani blood in them seems to be claimed as Fulani? The same Fulani that are widely described as heterogeneous are now "monolithic"? What a joke.

Fulanis are more Influential, Numerous and well known than Mandenka, or Bambara, etc.

from Issa Hayatou, to Ahijo to Yar'Adua to Macky Sall to Dan Fodio to Modibbo Adama, to Umar Tall.... even here within Nigeria i can count 4 governors off my fingers who are fulano, from Murtala Nyako to Isa Yuguda.
Fulanis make good Music, are good statesmen and Politicians, are good nomads, are great at Business {Fulanis dominate the business sphere in Guinea and Sierra Leone}, are good farmers, Are Kings and Emperors, ........

The Mande speaking people founded Gao, ancient Ghana, and Mali. Really, that should end the discussion right there. I really shouldn't have to elaborate on the significance of that and how that makes them more influential, so if you have any questions, hit the books.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 3:41am On May 27, 2013
All these superiority contests. Lol.

Over compensating for shortcomings, I guess undecided.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by AdoZazzau: 9:02am On May 27, 2013
We should give credit where its due. Fulanis are the supreme race in WestAfrica. Politically, militarily, academically, economically, agriculturally, no other tribe or race of people in West Africa has accomplished as the Fulanis have.

The Great Mandinkas, their brothers the Wolofs, the fearsome Hausa States,were all routed and subdued by Fulani. Fulani have ruled in all the West Afrivan countries, whether anglophone or francophone. Here in Nigeria, except for Yoruba and Kanuri, evrryone they came in contact with was easily subdued. Binis were lucky the Fulani onslaught was repulsed by Yoruba, they would have been history like the Hausas.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 9:55am On May 27, 2013
Lol fulani are gatemen, their only relevance was because of the colonial master and their follow follow attitude, yes very backward people , don't want to school ..this is why colonial forces used them to subjugate countries, this is how till date we have contracts of 200years with different french companies, i really weep for the day Ahidjo comes to power..the dude was clueless and good to say yes to his masters....he sold our country because of his ignorance, jailed smart leaders from my ethnicity or killed/exiled many of them....a dictator , who brought nepotism and cheated on our quota system... fortunately It's all gone.....Ahidjo gave them money but to some families, I pity their masses.....

Eihn mam, please b wise and listen to what others told you, fulani are relevant maybe in Guinea and the country is a shit hole undecided undecided undecided, all your cities or states are dirty and backward, same with your neighborhoods, I think we as Cameroonian are very lucky that you are a minority.
Bunch of Arab slaves

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 9:59am On May 27, 2013
its amazing the racial hierachy that exists in africa lol

some on here chide me and scorn me for saying somalis/ethiopians are better looking than negroids

but those same people say fulanis are better looking than typical west africans because a few fulanis have features that resemble somalis/ethiopians

amazing.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 10:06am On May 27, 2013
BTW the political relevance of fulani is due to most southerners negligence, we tag all northerners as Fulani, I mean the masses and all languages up there as fufulde, but fortunately my parents insisted to make me visit the whole Cameroon. And not only most people in the North b in Cameroon or Nigeria are not fulani but they dont speak fufulde.tho...also the situation is even more laughable in Nigeria where they call you Hausa-fulani do you think they were fool? Fulani are a fucking minority and will always b....

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 10:08am On May 27, 2013
Hausa should leave your sorry azz tongue tongue and we will see.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by AlyricistLaura: 10:44am On May 27, 2013
Damn Niqqahh...

CAMEROONPRIDE: BTW the political relevance of fulani is due to most southerners negligence, we tag all northerners as Fulani, I mean the masses and all languages up there as fufulde, but fortunately my parents insisted to make me visit the whole Cameroon. And not only most people in the North b in Cameroon or Nigeria are not fulani but they dont speak fufulde.tho...also the situation is even more laughable in Nigeria where they call you Hausa-fulani do you think they were fool? Fulani are a fucking minority and will always b....

CAMEROONPRIDE: Lol fulani are gatemen, their only relevance was because of the colonial master and their follow follow attitude, yes very backward people , don't want to school ..this is why colonial forces used them to subjugate countries, this is how till date we have contracts of 200years with different french companies, i really weep for the day Ahidjo comes to power..the dude was clueless and good to say yes to his masters....he sold our country because of his ignorance, jailed smart leaders from my ethnicity or killed/exiled many of them....a dictator , who brought nepotism and cheated on our quota system... fortunately It's all gone.....Ahidjo gave them money but to some families, I pity their masses.....

Eihn mam, please b wise and listen to what others told you, fulani are relevant maybe in Guinea and the country is a shit hole undecided undecided undecided, all your cities or states are dirty and backward, same with your neighborhoods, I think we as Cameroonian are very lucky that you are a minority.
Bunch of Arab slaves
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 10:52am On May 27, 2013
^^ dude you cant understand how these people destructed African culture.

@ topic last but not the least remove Cameroon in your talks...most of the fulani in Cameroon are of nigerian origin or at least have a Nigerian parent. you are not indigenous here.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by tpia5: 12:08pm On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: This thread was created for people like you, too bad of you if you don't read it: https://www.nairaland.com/9154/why-hausas-fulanis-co-joined-one

You are presuming to teach me about hausa fulani when you yourself know nothing about them?

WONDERS WILL NEVER CEASE.

Remember to thank google for its great assistance, it (google) is the one empowering your keyboard.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by tpia5: 12:10pm On May 27, 2013
somalia9: its amazing the racial hierachy that exists in africa lol

some on here chide me and scorn me for saying somalis/ethiopians are better looking than negroids

but those same people say fulanis are better looking than typical west africans because a few fulanis have features that resemble somalis/ethiopians

amazing.

Fulani features are unique.

And they dont look somalian or horner, they look west african.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PhysicsQED(m): 12:31pm On May 27, 2013
AdoZazzau: We should give credit where its due. Fulanis are the supreme race in WestAfrica. Politically, militarily, academically, economically, agriculturally, no other tribe or race of people in West Africa has accomplished as the Fulanis have.

^^
This is what excessive praise and undeserved hype does for some people who already have a distorted perception of things. The idea/claim of this thread is really too strange for me to bother addressing in detail, but I advise people who believe stuff like this above to simply pick up some books and get some real perspective.

The Great Mandinkas, their brothers the Wolofs, the fearsome Hausa States,were all routed and subdued by Fulani. Fulani have ruled in all the West Afrivan countries, whether anglophone or francophone. Here in Nigeria, except for Yoruba and Kanuri, evrryone they came in contact with was easily subdued. Binis were lucky the Fulani onslaught was repulsed by Yoruba, they would have been history like the Hausas.

The Fulanis were repeatedly defeated by states like Mali that surrounded their heartland. They were simply never a dominant force in their own wider home region until long after more powerful states had declined in power. Mali (the empire of the Mandinka people) was not really defeated by the Fula, but by a fellow Mande speaking group, the Bamana, and they were only bested by the Bamana after their power had declined from what it had been following numerous conflicts with other groups and internal conflicts. It's easy to claim to have bested a group such as the Mandinka that were more powerful than your own group, by referring to a conquest of a less powerful state (Bamana) that happened long after Mandinka power had already declined, but that doesn't mean anyone will actually believe the claim. The Wolof were conquered by the French. Or are the French now being claimed as Fulani too?

The claim on Benin is funny.grin Are you geographically challenged? Yoruba is and was not between the Fulani and Benin, so talk about being saved from the same fate as the Hausas because of that is silly. The Fulanis had a direct route south to Benin through Nupe, but they didn't attempt to conquer Benin itself after they (Fulanis) had gained control of Nupe, even though they had decades to try it (from 1836 onwards). Maybe they might have realized that their horsemen were generally useless in the rainforest area and especially against people armed with guns. Or maybe it was the fact that they were unable to conquer places in the Middle Belt area that were weaker than Benin so they couldn't even contemplate going further directly south. Or maybe it was both. Also, the conflict between Benin and the British that resulted in the conquest of Benin was fought almost entirely with guns (on both sides, although the British were much better equipped), as attested to by the British themselves, and Benin produced some of its own guns locally. The Fulani of the Sokoto Caliphate were still almost entirely using bows, arrows, swords and spears, even up to the time of their conquest by the British. If they had tried invading Benin, the Fulanis probably would have been shot dead off their horses while stumbling around stup1d and lost in the forests.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 12:42pm On May 27, 2013
tpia@:

Fulani features are unique.

And they dont look somalian or horner, they look west african.

lol, yes the vast majority of fulanis look like west africans

only the girl looks remotely horner, the rest look negro

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 27, 2013
Please, Tpia, I beg you don't entertain the troll,please ..thank you

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by tpia5: 12:47pm On May 27, 2013
They are west african so why would they look horner?

Your personal bias towards west africans doesnt mean they are not good looking.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by tpia5: 12:48pm On May 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Please, Tpia, I beg you don't entertain the troll,please ..thank you

Alright, i wont get into all this, i was originally addressing the op anyway.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 12:53pm On May 27, 2013
dude even you guys tell me that some fulani have hair like somalis and ethiopians....but the vast majority dont cause they breeded with negroids who have nappy hair.

look at these pure somalis.

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 12:55pm On May 27, 2013
smiley

i smile cause am somali

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PhysicsQED(m): 1:08pm On May 27, 2013
@ , I see that you actually liked AdoZazzau's "Fulani master race" post. I saw your username as the only username under the "viewing this topic" list, not long after he made that post, then soon after your name was on the viewing list, there was 1 like for his post. Are you a Yoruba Muslim from somewhere in Kwara who has heavy Fulani roots/ancestry or something? Or Did a Fulani man save your whole family? What's with this distorted perception of the Fulanis?

I don't have anything against the Fulanis, except for their seeming unwillingness to try to rein in and control the violent nomadic pastoralists among them, and I can certainly see how someone could be a fan of their unique culture or history. Now, if there were really such great evidence for the dubious claim this thread is centered around, I might actually accept it, and I think that some other people would as well, but so far, it seems like only you and the two Fulani posters on this thread actually believe the claim.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 1:13pm On May 27, 2013
PhysicsQED: @ , I see that you actually liked AdoZazzau's "Fulani master race" post. I saw your username as the only username under the "viewing this topic" list, not long after he made that post, then soon after your name was on the viewing list, there was 1 like for his post. Are you a Yoruba Muslim from somewhere in Kwara who has heavy Fulani roots/ancestry or something? Or Did a Fulani man save your whole family? What's with this distorted perception of the Fulanis?

I don't have anything against the Fulanis, except for their seeming unwillingness to try to rein in and control the violent nomadic pastoralists among them, and I can certainly see how someone could be a fan of their unique culture or history. Now, if there were really such great evidence for the dubious claim this thread is centered around, I might actually accept it, and I think that some other people would as well, but so far, it seems like only you and the two Fulani posters on this thread actually believe the claim.

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 27, 2013
PhysicsQED: @ , I see that you actually liked AdoZazzau's "Fulani master race" post. I saw your username as the only username under the "viewing this topic" list, not long after he made that post, then soon after your name was on the viewing list, there was 1 like for his post. Are you a Yoruba Muslim from somewhere in Kwara who has heavy Fulani roots/ancestry or something? Or Did a Fulani man save your whole family? What's with this distorted perception of the Fulanis?

The chic is half-fulani and she has a fulani bf. Don't believe the hype on the internet.

Just as Isale_gan2 is Igbo but she has been claiming Yoruba for time. grin
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PhysicsQED(m): 1:22pm On May 27, 2013
Somalia troll, Fulanis intermarried with people from many of the groups that they came into persistent contact with, both in the Niger Valley region and in other places like Nigeria, provided the person was Muslim. Kwara state in Nigeria is just one of several examples of this. Anyway, even if what you posted was really true (it doesn't seem to be borne out by reality), it's not what I asked about.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PhysicsQED(m): 1:24pm On May 27, 2013
shymexx: Just as Isale_gan2 is Igbo but she has been claiming Yoruba for time. grin

I doubt that though. I think if you skimmed through most of her post history you'd see that that's highly unlikely.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 1:24pm On May 27, 2013
PhysicsQED: Somalia troll, Fulanis intermarried with people from many of the groups that they came into persistent contact with, both in the Niger Valley region and in other places like Nigeria, provided the person was Muslim. Kwara state in Nigeria is just one of several examples of this. Anyway, even if what you posted was really true (it doesn't seem to be borne out by reality), it's not what I asked about.

and this is the reason why 90 percent of them look like you guys, and only 10 percent of them look like horners with the soft hair and straight nose.

am sure if their ancestors could have an up or down vote wether to intermarry with negroids knowing that their decandants would look negroid they would rethink about this issue.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PhysicsQED(m): 1:31pm On May 27, 2013
^
Whatever dude. I don't care about that stuff like you do, so go rant to someone else about it.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 27, 2013
PhysicsQED:

I doubt that though. I think if you skimmed through most of her post history you'd see that that's highly unlikely.

She's as Yoruba as mimifiwon is Igbo. They both have mothers from the two groups respectively.

Perhaps, that's why she posts as Yoruba, and mimifiwon posts as Igbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Myth About Wall Geckos / Names Of God In Yoruba Language (with English Subtitles) / Benin Kingdom In Edo State Remained Part Of The Expansive Yoruba - Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.