Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe (39891 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk / Nigeria Most Influential Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:53am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:

IGNORANCE IS BLISS, READ UP!!!

http://slaverebellion.org/index.php?page=african-contribution-to-american-culture

You just proved me right by alluding to cattles!!! grin

That's all Fulani's are about - rearing and jocking cows!! grin

Others contributed culture, religion, music, food, lifestyle et al.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by tpia5: 1:55am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Hausas are not Fulanis and Fulanis are not Hausas, I thought I stated that.

Too bad for you then.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:55am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: I still don't know where you got the strange idea of Fulanis not speaking Fulfulde from...lol! Each time you say that, I can't stop laughing. Do I have to count the number of states where Fulfulde is spoken to you ni?

How many of them speak the language?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:56am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

You just proved me right by alluding to cattles!!! grin

That's all Fulani's are about - rearing and jocking cows!! grin

Others contributed culture, religion, music, food, lifestyle et al.

OHHH TRUST ME, FULBE ARE VERY GOOD AT ALL THAT AS WELL.....

It seems to me though, that Ignorance, more than any other thing is your main problem...
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 1:56am On May 27, 2013
somalis are better than fulanis in every way.

Fulanis are ok looking by negroid standards but many fulanis look like negroids
only very few have nice hair.

while somalis are known for their hair and features.

Somalis have ancient history that links them with trade to egypt, arabia, asia, ottoman empire a d persians

fulanis saying their good looking makes sense by west african standards

but if u compare a somali or ethiopian to fulani its not even close
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:57am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

How many of them speak the language?

MILLIONS.

PLEASE why dont you make substantial research, before asking silly questions?? it Only portrays you as a clueless fellow, try to sond intelligent.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by tpia5: 1:58am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Don't shoot yourself in the foot na. No tribe in West Africa has produced more heads of state than the Fulanis. Go read again. Mansa Musa is dead and we know his worth. Dangote is alive and his possibilities are endless. He can very well be the richest man in the world (actually, he believes he will be). Well, not a few believed he would be the world's richest black so no qualms. The Sokoto Caliphate built by the Fulanis endures till date, all we have of the ancient Mali Empire are ruins now desecrated by Islamist rebels. Abi no be so? As for footballers, I refer you back to the list. grin

Did you miss where someone corrected you on dangote's ethnicity?

Shouldnt you stop arguing sometimes?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:59am On May 27, 2013
somalia9: somalis are better than fulanis in every way.

Fulanis are ok looking by negroid standards but many fulanis look like negroids
only very few have nice hair.

while somalis are known for their hair and features.

Somalis have ancient history that links them with trade to egypt, arabia, asia, ottoman empire a d persians

fulanis saying their good looking makes sense by west african standards

but if u compare a somali or ethiopian to fulani its not even close

Post your picture, 80% OF Fulani probably look better than you do...... lol

And somalis dont look Negroid...oh pleease..... I have sen so many Somalis that look just as African as anyone else....

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:59am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:

OHHH TRUST ME, FULBE ARE VERY GOOD AT ALL THAT AS WELL.....

It seems to me though, that Ignorance, more than any other thing is your main problem...

No, it seems to be that stupidity is your main problem. "Fulani's are very good at that," yet unable to contribute anything like that to the new world other than cow rearing, no? How stupid do you sound?

Stop the madness already - Fulani's are only influential to Fulani's and cows, period.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 2:01am On May 27, 2013
Yes, you are right, we should blame CAF because Super Eagles have not gone to the World Cup. grin Your Timbuktu still remains a Muslim enclave. You only deny that at your own peril. Some of the most important features in Timbuktu may be of African architecture but they clearly serve an Islamic purpose abi you've forgotten Sankore Mosque ni? And in case you don't know, Timbuktu is a World Heritage Site today because of its Islamic influence. The World Heritage Committee in 1988 selected Timbuktu because of the following criteria:

Criterion II: Timbuktu's holy places were vital to early Islamization in Africa.
Criterion IV: Timbuktu's mosques show a cultural and scholarly Golden Age during the Songhay Empire.
Criterion V: The construction of the mosques, still mostly original, shows the use of traditional building techniques.

So, as you can see, your talk of Timbuktu as a 'scholastic centre for higher learning' is just Soyinka grammar. Unless you meant 'Islamic scholastic center for higher learning'. Yeah, I got this for you from Wiki: Timbuktu was a world centre of Islamic learning from the 13th to the 17th century, especially under the Mali Empire and Askia Mohammad I's rule. So, if you want to promote your black or white consciousness, leave Timbuktu out of it. Maybe you go southwards to Ngola. wink
shymexx:

The question is: was that empire built on the back on Jihad - Yes, or no? And no, Timbuktu isn't a center of Islamic heritage - it's a scholastic centre for higher learning. Also, the architectures in Timbuktu are quintessentially African architectures. Can you show me anywhere else in Africa that looks like that? The only place with similar architectures is Nubia.

What's special about CAF? Comparing an influential man(Sekou Toure) who's among the top-20 greatest African people to walk this planet - to a CAF that's inconsequential is not just it. Do African even play professional football? Remind me when an African country gets to semi-finals or finals of the world cup. CAF is irrelevant!
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 2:02am On May 27, 2013
Yeah, I missed it grin
tpia@:

Did you miss where someone corrected you on dangote's ethnicity?

Shouldnt you stop arguing sometimes?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:02am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:
MILLIONS.

PLEASE why dont you make substantial research, before asking silly questions?? it Only portrays you as a clueless fellow, try to sond intelligent.

I'm arguing percentages here, the unintelligent and stupid one.

What percentage of your people speak fulbe? - anything less than 50% means you lot don't speak your damn language. Anything less than 0.50 is null and void.

Do the maths and get back to me, son.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:04am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

No, it seems to be that stupidity is your main problem. "Fulani's are very good at that," yet unable to contribute anything like that to the new world other than cow rearing, no? How stupid do you sound?

Stop the madness already - Fulani's are only influential to Fulani's and cows, period.
More Ignorance....
Fulanis are only good at cattle rearing, Yet Various African head of states past and present have been Fulani
They are only goot at cattle rearing, yet they have produced famous Musicians
They are only good at at cattle rearing, yet they have produced academia and Business people.
They are only good at at cattle rearing,, yet they have produced Kings past and present........

Enough of your flamboyant display of Stupidity already.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 2:04am On May 27, 2013
somali women

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 2:05am On May 27, 2013
somali women

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:06am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

I'm arguing percentages here, the unintelligent and stupid one.

What percentage of your people speak fulbe? - anything less than 50% means you lot don't speak your damn language. Anything less than 0.50 is null and void.

Do the maths and get back to me, son.

How many Italian and German Americans speak Italian and German at home??

Infact lets even come nearer to home, How many Igbo Lagosians speak Igbo to others on Lagos's streets

And to your Question, if you go to Adamawa, taraba Etc, at least 80% of fulbe there speak Fulfulde
in Mali, at least 80%
in Senegal, probably 90%
In Fouta Djallon Guinea probably 90%
Etc

Your stupidity knows no bounds....

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:07am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Yes, you are right, we should blame CAF because Super Eagles have not gone to the World Cup. grin Your Timbuktu still remains a Muslim enclave. You only deny that at your own peril. Some of the most important features in Timbuktu may be of African architecture but they clearly serve an Islamic purpose abi you've forgotten Sankore Mosque ni? And in case you don't know, Timbuktu is a World Heritage Site today because of its Islamic influence. The World Heritage Committee in 1988 selected Timbuktu because of the following criteria:

Criterion II: Timbuktu's holy places were vital to early Islamization in Africa.
Criterion IV: Timbuktu's mosques show a cultural and scholarly Golden Age during the Songhay Empire.
Criterion V: The construction of the mosques, still mostly original, shows the use of traditional building techniques.

So, as you can see, your talk of Timbuktu as a 'scholastic centre for higher learning' is just Soyinka grammar. Unless you meant 'Islamic scholastic center for higher learning'. Yeah, I got this for you from Wiki: Timbuktu was a world centre of Islamic learning from the 13th to the 17th century, especially under the Mali Empire and Askia Mohammad I's rule. So, if you want to promote your black or white consciousness, leave Timbuktu out of it. Maybe you go southwards to Ngola. wink

I see you like arguing backwards. How can you label Timbktu "Islamic scholastic center for higher learning," when all subjects from maths, to philosophy, to astrology, to sciences, to culture, to arts etc. were taught in Timbuktu? You're not making sense at all.

Also, was Malian empire built on the back of jihad - yes, or no?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:10am On May 27, 2013
somalia9: somali women

First and second women are FUGLY!! LOL

Among the group picture in the bottom, , there are a few good looking ones... but thats about it..

LOL , you are trying to turn this into the classic "Somalis and Horners look caucasian" and are therefore more beautful than other Africans" thread

I Ain't got no time, for all that Bullshit!

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 2:10am On May 27, 2013
fulanis try to ride on the back of somali/ethiopians lmao

only 10 percent of u people look remotely like horners

this is why am against mixing, the negro gene is as strong as it is ugly

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:11am On May 27, 2013
[s]
Bororojo:
More Ignorance....
Fulanis are only good at cattle rearing, Yet Various African head of states past and present have been Fulani
They are only goot at cattle rearing, yet they have produced famous Musicians
They are only good at at cattle rearing, yet they have produced academia and Business people.
They are only good at at cattle rearing,, yet they have produced Kings past and present........

Enough of your flamboyant display of Stupidity already.
[/s]

You mean the same ret.arded and uneducated Head of States that have made the countries they reigned over redundant? Can you name any notable Fulani's Head of State, that's worth mentioning?

What academia are you yapping about? All tribes in Nigeria can boast of far superior acadamics than everything Fulani tribe from Cameroon to Futa Djallon can offer.

Get a life, son.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 2:12am On May 27, 2013
It is either you don't like reading or you just don't want to read. Right now, I need to focus on other things. Goodluck! If you like, you can add Jonathan cool
shymexx:

I see you like arguing backwards. How can you label Timbktu "Islamic scholastic center for higher learning," when all subjects from maths, to philosophy, to astrology, to sciences, to culture, to arts etc. were taught in Timbuktu? You're not making sense at all.

Also, was Malian empire built on the back of jihad - yes, or no?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:18am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:
How many Italian and German Americans speak Italian and German at home??

Infact lets even come nearer to home, How many Igbo Lagosians speak Igbo to others on Lagos's streets

And to your Question, if you go to Adamawa, taraba Etc, at least 80% of fulbe there speak Fulfulde
in Mali, at least 80%
in Senegal, probably 90%
In Fouta Djallon Guinea probably 90%
Etc

Your stupidity knows no bounds....

Your IQ is in the 10th decimal.

All the Fulani people in Northern Nigeria speak Hausa as their first language - fact!

Nigeria has the largest population of Fulani's - yes, or no?

And if the ones in Nigeria don't speak fulbe, that shows that more than 50% of your people don't speak your language. So evidently, you don't speak your language.

I'm dealing with percentages here - grab a pen and write this down, son.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:20am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: It is either you don't like reading or you just don't want to read. Right now, I need to focus on other things. Goodluck! If you like, you can add Jonathan cool

Just telling you to stop disrespecting the continent of Africa and its people with your lousy claims.

Fulani's are inconsequential when it comes to influence on the African continent.

They contributed NADA to African history!!

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 2:26am On May 27, 2013
This thread was created for people like you, too bad of you if you don't read it: https://www.nairaland.com/9154/why-hausas-fulanis-co-joined-one
tpia@:

Too bad for you then.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:29am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

Your IQ is in the 10th decimal.

All the Fulani people in Northern Nigeria speak Hausa as their first language - fact!

Nigeria has the largest population of Fulani's - yes, or no?

And if the ones in Nigeria don't speak fulbe, that shows that more than 50% of your people don't speak your language. So evidently, you don't speak your language.

I'm dealing with percentages here - grab a pen and write this down, son.

The Fulanis are Widely dispersed, and Wherever they can be found in the midst of other populations, they mostly adopts the language of the majority in that society. Just the same Way Igbos in Yorubaland speak Yoruba, due to condition.

Wherever the concentration oof Fulanis move anywhere close to even 40% However, they stick to their own, and even dominate....
Check the three Northern provinces of Cameroon, Fulfulde is not only the major language there, but a LINGUA FRANCA for communication between various ethnicities.

If you feel on your own that Your tribe is .more influential than the Fulani, then bring up valuable claims, instead of talking silly

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by ezotik: 2:29am On May 27, 2013
somalia9: fulanis try to ride on the back of somali/ethiopians lmao

only 10 percent of u people look remotely like horners

not yet, but i see it coming... coz after all, oyibo don talk am already...

Physically, except where miscegenation over several generations has blurred the image, they run remarkably true to type. It is possible, for example, to pick Fulani out of a group of other Africans with much greater certainty than, say, Scandinavians out of a group of Europeans. Typical Fulani approximate closely to their own physical ideals of light copper-coloured skin, straight hair, narrow nose, thin lips, and a slight but wiry frame.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:31am On May 27, 2013
author=somalia9

Look the topic at hand has nothing to do with your darling Somalis or whatever........lso please keep them out of this.
You are as stup.id as you are bigoted .

3 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:36am On May 27, 2013
Let's put this lousy claim to rest now by using Guinea as a case-study to prove how irrelevant the Fulani's are.

The Fulani's are the majority tribe in Guinea, however, the Mandika's are the political and economic powerhouse in that country. Sekou Toure lorded over Guinea like forever and all the subsequent PMs have been Mandinka's(PMs wedge more authority than presidents in parliamentary system of government).
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:38am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:

The Fulanis are Widely dispersed, and Wherever they can be found in the midst of other populations, they mostly adopts the language of the majority in that society. Just the same Way Igbos in Yorubaland speak Yoruba, due to condition.

Wherever the concentration oof Fulanis move anywhere close to even 40% However, they stick to their own, and even dominate....
Check the three Northern provinces of Cameroon, Fulfulde is not only the major language there, but a LINGUA FRANCA for communication between various ethnicities.

If you feel on your own that Your tribe is .more influential than the Fulani, then bring up valuable claims, instead of talking silly

My tribe and Fulani's should NEVER be in the same sentence - that's utterly disrespectful. Hence why I haven't really said nothing about my tribe on this thread!

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:40am On May 27, 2013
shymexx: Let's put this lousy claim to rest now by using Guinea as a case-study to prove how irrelevant the Fulani's are.

The Fulani's are the majority tribe in Guinea, however, the Mandika's are the political and economic powerhouse in that country. Sekou Toure lorded over Guinea like forever and all the subsequent PMs have been Mandinka's(PMs wedge more authority than presidents in parliamentary system of government).

silly ideology that sounds like its coming from a 10th grader.\
okay, lets use Nigeria s a case study the Yorubas and Igbos combined are Insignificant in the history of Nigeria, because for most of our History, Powr has resided in the North..... With Fulanis mostly working out the power deals, behind the scene.

BTW: Fulanis are not an overwhelming Majority in Guinea, like you are making it sound like, but rather, a plurality of the population

Its 40%:30%:20% Fulani: Mandenka: susu.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:42am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

My tribe and Fulani's should NEVER be in the same sentence - that's utterly disrespectful. Hence why I haven't really said nothing about my tribe on this thread!

duurh..... thank god for colonization, Igbos now know what Cotton and Guns are.

I dont want to take it in this direction, but since your are actively pushing it there...

Anyways Im outta here.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:48am On May 27, 2013
[s]
Bororojo:

silly ideology that sounds like its coming from a 10th grader.\
okay, lets use Nigeria s a case study the Yorubas and Igbos combined are Insignificant in the history of Nigeria, because for most of our History, Powr has resided in the North..... With Fulanis mostly working out the power deals, behind the scene.
[/s]

You mean the power that was handed to you on a platter of gold by the Brits because you're willing servants and, because unintelligence and servitude is innately ingrained in the Fulani's state-of-mind/psyche, no? You're ret.arded beyond redemption - just stick to jocking cows and being a marauder! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Myth About Wall Geckos / Colorful Photos From Oba Of Benin Coronation "Oba Ewuare II Of Benin Kingdom" / Ooni Of Ife, Ogundamisi, Participating In The Oshoosi Festival (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.