Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? (925 Views)

10 Reasons Why Relationships Fail / This Is One Of The Strongest Reasons Why many Relationships fail. / 10 Reasons Why Marriages/relationships Fail In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by kismo(m): 5:58pm On May 25, 2013
My fellow nairalanders, have you ever wondered why many years (say 6 yrs) of marriage and relationship fail? Why do we have so many broken marriages and relationship in our time than our ancestors'? You see many guys and ladies this days who say to their patner they are no more interested in the relationship after 5 or more years. Sometimes you also see some married men and women who just suddenly discovered that they're no more in love with their spause and they wish to quit it.
To me, I believe it's because they never really knew what they wanted from onset. Please what do you think is the cause?
Re: Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by jntyjnty007(f): 10:54pm On May 25, 2013
People are constantly changing like upgrading phones to the newest model, human nature to change during the course of your life. Sometimes people just grow apart naturally.

Knowing someone, or thinking you know someone does not guarantee longevity. There is no one specific element or reason in a relationship or marriage that will see you through to the end. However, I am a firm believer in communication, no matter what.

Sometimes people just go through life with their eyes wide shut. Oblivious and blind to the fact the other half is drifting. It is easy to lose interest and not know what is really happening or going on, because one is more involved with their own life plan.
Re: Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by fuckluv(f): 2:01am On May 26, 2013
Because it wasn't built on a solid rock from inception.
Re: Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by Princesszoe: 7:16am On May 26, 2013
Solid rock which is God and fear of God
Re: Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by Mynd44: 7:45am On May 26, 2013
Because people lie a lot and live a false life before marrying
Re: Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by dhrey: 7:52am On May 26, 2013
Princess zoe: Solid rock which is God and fear of God
i totally support this.
Re: Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by tanidabi: 5:51pm On May 26, 2013
People marry for all the wrong reasons,I think we should think very well and make our choices ourselves without parental influence,marry cos u are ready for d commitment not because evry one is doing it
Re: Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by kismo(m): 6:57pm On May 26, 2013
@jntyjnty007, are you sure of your claim? I got to know that in most cases lack of effective communication has litle or nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Re: Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by kismo(m): 7:00pm On May 26, 2013
Mynd_44: Because people lie a lot and live a false life before marrying
You are right. But what do we say of those who fulfilled all righteousness and yet experience this?
Re: Why Do Many Years Marriages And Relationships Fail? by kismo(m): 7:02pm On May 26, 2013
Princess zoe: Solid rock which is God and fear of God
Affirmative!

(1) (Reply)

CONFUSE- Pls Advice Needed / Heartbroken... / Marrriage Is For Losers!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.