Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

A Story: Broken Vows - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story: Broken Vows (96189 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Veevien(f): 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
Thankyou Glow for this masterpiece, thankyou for teaching us abt God which is love and that love conquers all. Thanks Glow. XOXO

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by tonnieblaise(m): 12:28am On Jun 28, 2013
Ehmmmmmmm...........wat can I say now
Abegi dey av said it all jare

All I just wanted 2 add z 'thank u glow'

Wonderful story....perfecto

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by ibironkefayemi(f): 12:37am On Jun 28, 2013
WooooowwwWwwwww! Dis is so interesting n touching, God bless u real big, I pray 4 more annointing n grace upon ur life sis as u use ur talent 2 bring ur readers 2 Christ, may we all nt miss d ultimate prize, d crown of glory! Amen! Continue 2 glow n Christ as ur name implies! Gud work n pls kip it UP!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Anonymous007: 1:29am On Jun 28, 2013
lizzykoka: Glow sweethrt u r wonderful, OMG I cnt believe I actually followd dis story til d end n deres so mc joy n hapiness in me. May d grace of God upon ur lyf neva be reduced n may u increase in wisdom n in favour wit God n man. Kip it up dear u r d best

mind u d story has nt ended coz d karaktas are stil livin,sisi glow abeg no mind am,update soon...

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by bigsholly(f): 6:47am On Jun 28, 2013
Who says Christian romance is nt awesome,
Wait till u read 4rm aunty glowingscenes.
Thanks so much dearie 4 lifting my spirit.

5 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 8:10am On Jun 28, 2013
u have done well my lady. Thumbs to u.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Mutaino7(m): 10:13am On Jun 28, 2013
Aunty glow shebi u get glo sim cos me 2 get glo number so u fit go dhey read me bed tym story. Nah glow infinito service i dhey.
*OYA RULE YAR WORLD*
tana tanananaa GLO!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Lisalil(f): 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
This is a great job,well done glowThis is a great job,well done glowThis is a great job,well done glow

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Uceegal: 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
Let me now make my comments: I ve been enjoying this work,one thing I enjoyed about ur work is ur moderation in suspense. Others include: choice and combination of words,expression,etc. Pls Glow can u give us anoda story? Write d epilog n give us more of ur stories pleaseeeeee

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by nelxsantos(m): 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
wot a 1derful write-up GLOWINGSENCES U r 4 real llllllooooooollllllll
10k dear

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
bigsholly: Who says Christian romance is nt awesome,
Wait till u read 4rm aunty glowingscenes.
Thanks so much dearie 4 lifting my spirit.
thanksss babe!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
Mutaino7: Aunty glow shebi u get glo sim cos me 2 get glo number so u fit go dhey read me bed tym story. Nah glow infinito service i dhey.
*OYA RULE YAR WORLD*
tana tanananaa GLO!
hahahaha...se u wan make i represent glo wen i don dey use MTN? u think say dm go sign me in?loool
thanks dear, im grateful
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2013
Mutaino7: Aunty glow shebi u get glo sim cos me 2 get glo number so u fit go dhey read me bed tym story. Nah glow infinito service i dhey.
*OYA RULE YAR WORLD*
tana tanananaa GLO!
bed time story @ur age? hahahaha...ure very funny
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
EPILOGUE….

Joe was almost exhausted but he knew he had to endure or they were going to pull out his hair like it was part of the whole set up.

‘you should not pass this border Indian!’ Manny raised her hand as a sign to prevent Maggie from coming closer.

Their father lay on the floor like a border and he held himself from laughing.

‘I will, because I’ve come to bring you the good news English gentleman.’ Maggie looked amazing in her indian outfit, feathers over her head and lovely boots her mother had purchased from the store for their church play.

‘and what is the good news?’

‘the news of the dying savior who is alive for ever more. he will save you and give you home everlasting.’

‘a home like England?’

‘a home more than England.’

‘umh…, I see.’ she raised her hand to her invisible beard and eyed the Indian. After a while she nodded her head. ‘what is your name?’

‘pocachulu.’

Maria held her mirth, knowing that if she tried to laugh, the girls would turn against her.

‘umh…’ Manny extended her hand. ‘come with me pocachulu and have a cup of tea with me. Perhaps we could discuss this ‘news’ together as we drink our tea.’

They shook hands across the border and Maggie leaped over the border to join her twin as they walked away together.

‘bravo!..., beautiful!’

‘really?’ the girls beamed at their mother

‘you were awesome!’

‘I’ll appreciate it if you girls help up your old man…’ Joe’s voice sounded muffled on the rug. The girls rushed to his side and struggled to get him unto the couch.

‘phew…, that was some hard work daddy, you were heavy.’ Manny commented and wiped the invisible sweat on her brow.

Maggie mimicked her and placed a hand on her waist.

‘you need to lose some pounds Daddy, what in the world are you eating?’

‘bread and peanut butter, and mum’s favorite dish.’

‘it’s time for bed sugarplums, kiss daddy goodnight and run up the stairs, I’ll be up soon.’

‘goodnight Daddy.’ Manny greeted and kissed her father.

‘goodnight tiger!’

Maggie blew her father a kiss instead. ‘I love you daddy.’

‘sweet dreams buttercup.’

Maria looked at her husband and shook her head, ‘these names you give this kids…, I hope Maggie doesn’t become a real ‘buttercup’ as you always call her.’

‘she blew me a kiss, I couldn’t help it.’ He stood to join his wife. ‘jealous?’

‘you know I’d do more than blow you a kiss, silly!’ she spanked his hand playfully as he touched the swollen stomach.

‘hope you’re counting…’

‘we’re still going to eight, you know.’

‘hey!’ her eyes grew big. ‘you’re so unbelievable’

‘is that a good thing?’

‘I guess so.’ She planted a kiss on his lips and managed to move past him since he wasn’t ready to let her go. ‘we’re going to see Salma tomorrow, she’s just gotten pregnant and she won’t let me rest, not even Trevor. She wonders how I carried two when she’s still having difficulty in carrying just one.’

‘didn’t you tell her you’re my Proverbs 31 woman…’ he winked at her.

‘I’m flattered.’ She pretended to blush and blew him a kiss on the first staircase that led to the children’s room

‘I love you.’ he whispered

‘I couldn’t love you less.’

The END.

note from the author…….

Dear one,
It’s a privilege to write to you and have you read it and for coming thus far, I am glad and hope you enjoyed my story.

I hope I was able to deliver the message God was portraying and has been wanting to portray since the beginning of creation, Love and forgiveness. The love that he had for us enough to die for us and reconcile us back together with him and the heart large enough to forgive us when we realize we have sinned and come before him with a sober heart. It’s not easy to forgive and love freely but with the help of our beloved Saviour and his grace, we can learn to love freely, giving as God gave and withholding from no one when they have the heart to as God has ordained for everyone he has called.

31 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by vingi(f): 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
Wow!!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
Awwwww, i love d epilogue that i am moved to tears with d writer(author) note. *but i can't cry na(a man has got 2 be a mangrin). Thanks o much glow, i love you

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
Damex333: Awwwww, i love d epilogue that i am moved to tears with d writer(author) note. *but i can't cry na(a man has got 2 be a mangrin). Thanks o much glow, i love you
love u too hun!!!muahhh
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by bigsholly(f): 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2013
Excellent!!!!!! Wow u really mk my day aunty
Glow more of God grace upon u dearie. Hmmm
Whispering When should we expect another one
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Aghagba(f): 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
Oh dear, am cryn,glow u are a darling.words cannot describe dis writeup. d epilouge is wondaful.
Damex33,men do cry also.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by yajoe(m): 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
Wow!! God bless you rili gooD,it wasn't a mistake dt God showed M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣ dis, you are a blessing 2 Dis generation, ur fountain of knowedge will neva run dry, can't wait 2 see more. God bless u

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by kemiola89(f): 9:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
Nwanyi oma! You are just the bestest of the best, keep glowing with pride.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by MumZ(f): 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thank you 4 dis amazingly beautiful story. God bless u always.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Choca(f): 9:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
oh Glow may God bless you so much.
Thank you so much, you are a perfect example of using one's talent for the furtherance of the kingdom of God.
I just love you.... I'll be on the look out for the next story.
muahh muahh muahh
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by ibironkefayemi(f): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
I thnk God 4 giving me d privilegde 2 read dis great story, my life was blessed n d lesson learnt ll remain wit me 4 eva! Now my praya is dat God blesses d hand dat wrote dis beautiful piece of story n increase her undastanding AMEN!thnx Glow!more power 2 ur hands n fingers more ink 2 Ur pen! Amen!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Bilany(f): 9:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
This is one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever read. It's just awesome.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Diamonddamsel: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
Wow God bless u.Im glad i followed d story till d end.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 11:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
the Hallmark of Humanity is Forgiveness. You forgive someone, not becasue the person deserves it but because u deserve peace. To my lady glow, u have done a great job blessing our lives with this wonderful piece. Thanks for this. Ur knowledge will continue to increase. Keep glowing in every scene u find urself. Love ya
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emygreat747(m): 12:02am On Jun 29, 2013
I luv dis story nd most especially the writer's idea of saying God loves nd is alwayz ready to forgive nd forget our past.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Sleekbaby(f): 5:49am On Jun 29, 2013
Wow! Ds is awesome, tnx @ Glow, may God continue 2 bless n inspire u
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by weezii(m): 8:28am On Jun 29, 2013
this story i must confess is just one of a kind. The first i ve seen on NL that is genuine and portrays lots of lessons to be learnt. The most of all Love n forgiveness...with these two attributes any man can go places.

Love all,
Forgive all.

Tnx for teaching us this once again @glow. Keep up the good work
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 29, 2013
Glow dearie,u've gat a wonderful talent... Go ahead n xplore it sweerie.. Bst ov luk
Won't 4get to add d@ ur writeup s wonderful
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by kaboninc(m): 10:31am On Jun 29, 2013
Awesome, inspiring, breathtaking, suspense-filled, thrilling, captivating and most importantly beautiful!

Been following and reading your updates and really enjoyed every bit of it, infact I look forward to every new update be it in the day or night even as far as dawn!

You're a wonderful writer.

I like you but love your story, this story.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / SCHOOL LIFE / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.