Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) (9692 Views)

Exclusive Listen *eedris Abdulkareem - New Album - The King Is Back* / Welcome To Africa By Eedris Abdulkareem Ft 50cent / 50 Cent Vs Eedris Abdulkareem,whom Do U Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by eedrisxxx: 11:16am On May 01, 2008
Kennis Music is good no doubt cuz they pave way for other but the fact is Eedris abdulkareem is a disgrace and shit as music in nigerian has grow and eedris abdulkareem u dont fit in pls
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Fadajasi(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2008
Tseew!
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 2:01pm On May 01, 2008
eedrisxxx:

Kennis Music is good no doubt because they pave way for other but the fact is Eedris abdulkareem is a disgrace and shit as music in nigerian has grow and eedris abdulkareem u don't fit in please

Kennis Music without The Remedies might have been difficult

Whether he is shit or not, I don't think The Remedies are complete without him.

Show some respect when you talk about LEGENDS.

U are an upcoming R & B singer, we'll be waiting ,
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by unix4real1(m): 3:32pm On May 01, 2008
eedrisxxx:

Kennis Music is good no doubt because they pave way for other but the fact is Eedris abdulkareem is a disgrace and shit as music in nigerian has grow and eedris abdulkareem u don't fit in please

I don`t think you are up to the task to suggest wether he is fit in the industry or not, you that find it difficult to buy a N120 cd and listen to what the guy offers, instead you are here saying he is not fit in.

They say "Great minds think alike" now i believe cos 95% of this forum are saying positive things while you and the rest of your pentium 1 brain family are distracting our attentions.

If that ur brian can`t flash back to what this guy has achieved so far in the music industry then you should go to sport section maybe you`ll be able to see reasonable things to contribute there but here, you are not fit in.

A word is enuff for a wise.

tongue
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by hotshawlng(m): 4:11pm On May 01, 2008
Bleep Eedris!!! He's wacky, anyday, anytime!!! Pride has eaten so deep into him!
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by unix4real1(m): 4:13pm On May 01, 2008
hotshawlng:

Bleep Eedris!!! He's wacky, anyday, anytime!!! Pride has eaten so deep into him!

cool
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by javalove(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2008
hotshawlng:

kai, omo see hatred, and una dey complain say i hate saucekif, dis guy is a bloody eedris hater, ko da ooo
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Fadajasi(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2008
kennis hasn't produced a good video ever since.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by GoldCircle: 11:09pm On May 01, 2008
Never knew we had so many fans of Eedris on Nairaland! I am feeling it though! he's good and im no send anybodi! dats really why I like him, can some1 please upload a video for us??
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by lucabrasi(m): 1:18am On May 02, 2008
i didnt think much of the song when he did it life but its growing on me and i v only seen the video like 3 /4 times, i must say the guy has still got it and personally i think he is a better lyricist than ruggedman thats my opinion
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Fadajasi(m): 8:29am On May 02, 2008
@lucabrasi,ah! no now,how u go talk that kain thing,ruggedman beat am 2 d core
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by eedrisxxx: 9:47am On May 02, 2008
@lucabrasi

ha! eedris & rugged man, abeg abeg! no talk am, eedris dey idealess and talentless

and for u wey talk say i no fit buy 120 naira cd. make u and eedris come make i borrow una money,

anyway sha, eedris wan do ma$e, get a life eedris .no doubt u were average anyway when u were around and it was simply becos there wasnt much artist around like now,
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Manta(m): 11:00am On May 02, 2008
I was impressed watching the video of one of his most recent tracks 'The Last man standing' on AIT just this week; this dude has really stepped up his game.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 7:39am On May 03, 2008
eedrisxxx:

@lucabrasi

ha! eedris & rugged man, abeg abeg! no talk am, eedris dey idealess and talentless

and for u wey talk say i no fit buy 120 naira cd. make u and eedris come make i borrow una money,

anyway sha, eedris wan do ma$e, get a life eedris .no doubt u were average anyway when u were around and it was simply because there wasnt much artist around like now,

The history of the modern Nigerian Music is not complete without Eedris. Take it or live it. And since new artist like you are coming to the industry let's see what you have to offer.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by eedrisxxx: 8:14am On May 03, 2008
@abdulrazaq make i school you

c'mon abdul, u ve seen new artist come on block and u see the changes.get these fact right,
eedris came,did his stuff but we all had no choice becos there wasnt anything good then, now good and better stuff are on now eedris is coming to stick his tongue out.
yeah he did came and had effect on modern nigeria music (i agree)but what he actually did was affect it in the wrong way.tell me the right effect he had abeg, jt one
look at tuface, irregardless of how he got the music done or written he performed african queen.now i wanna ask you did 2face had an effect or not,
so dont go concluding surfacely,think deep b4 u make important judgement like "who had an effect on modern day Nigerian music", please

same mistake mase did, if i were mase i had rather come thru featured by someone else, though he tried it with Nelly but he shud had done it with the nelly hits(in album sweat), a hint for u eedris(i ve nuthing against u man just been realistic)

as for me, u watch the strategy, eedris watch!
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 10:37am On May 03, 2008
@eedrisxxx

I can't help ignoring your lecture. But sincerely speaking this is the first time I am reading (or even hearing) it that Eedris has only affected our industry negatively.
He has had his problems but, that does not make a bad influence or effect on the music industry.
I don't have to tell you that he sang the following songs:

Mr. Lecturer (I think this was the track that make him an Olympic torch bearer)
Jagajaga

If you say these songs and many of his songs are not of positive effects to Nigeria, may be because they all contains the truth and the truth, is the last thing an average person want to hear. I don't believe in saying your house is the best when it is actually one of the worst.

The manner these messages are delivered, to me, does not matter the messages in them are the ultimate. You can check out Peace in Niger-Delta and Millineum Development Goals in his latest album: The King is back, the messages in those 2 tracks are very easy for anybody to understand.

Thank you for taking me to school
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by lucabrasi(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2008
Fadajasi:

@lucabrasi,ah! no now,how u go talk that kain thing,ruggedman beat am to the core
my guy ur just saying that because rugged man has been in the scene all through,remember eedris was away for a while,one thing i have learnt about these artise is that if u dont see them for a while and they come back their song s will need to grow on you let me give u an example, olu maintain was away for a while and he said it himself that yahoozee didnt immediately blow up and they had to keep pushing it, look at that awful omotola s song,i hate that song soo much but ait keeps on playing it over and over and over again tht im now humming it,check mtv base out as well,same trick that yeye p diddy song press rewind they kept on repeating it that after a while d song will be in ur subconscious and u cant help but like it.
give eedris a fair chance and wait for him to do some more songs,let him do some collabos and share the airwaves like ruggedman they we can judge if he is good or not.
eedrisxxx:

@lucabrasi

anyway sha, eedris wan do ma$e, get a life eedris .no doubt u were average anyway when u were around and it was simply because there wasnt much artist around like now,

dude,wot r u on,when did i say u cannot buy the cde ?wats my biz wax?? angry
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by lucabrasi(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2008
rather than affect the industry negatively,eedris has affected the industry positively,he was bold and courageous enough to stand up for equal rights fro indegenous artise and all his songs are calling on the government to do something about the mases,you dont see him singing about anaconda and booties onli like d banj,the guy is not fathering children all about like 2face,he is married and a good muslim,wait for the guy to do a couple of songs,b4 u castigate him what hot tracks did rugged man have before he did the collabo with 9ice personally itwas because of 9ice that i liked the song ,why dyu think everyone wants a collabo with 9ice ?because they know its a sure hit,wait for eedris to have a collabo with 9ice as well b4 judging,this song he s dropped is just to say he is back,just stay tuned for his next songs because im sure he is ready and rearing to make a statement
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 1:55pm On May 03, 2008
I am not surprised with the criticism Eedris has been witnessing afterall, FELA was not totally accepted until he's gone.

2pac is being celebrated till date not because of his rap skills but for the messages in his songs. If artistes were celebrated or remembered for their skills I wonder why we hardly hear about Big punisher after his death.

Bob Marley was a reggae artist but still remembered for his inspirational lyrics.

To EEDRIS ABDULKAREEM: Some Nigerians still believe in you and are always ready to listen to you so far you keep up the good work. Do not look the way of haters, they are just there to keep you moving up. You will forever be in the Histrory of Nigerian Music whether they like it or not even, if they call your style whatever
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by eedrisxxx: 2:03pm On May 03, 2008
i cant believe in wildest dreams u can compare Fela(baba),Tupac,bob marley with eedris, that shows how shallow unrealistic u can be eedris,
ur pride has brought ur downfall
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by unix4real1(m): 3:02pm On May 03, 2008
@Abdurrazaq and Lucabrasi

I think you guys are really there with your senses and really knows what your are saying but for the hatters that just don`t know what to write with their 1hr. ticket that takes them 3 weeks to use but to keep saying negative things about a man that has his visions and doing his things the way he knows how to do it best and also have thousands of fans, fame and fortune to show for it. we`re all matured to choose the type of music or beat we wants to dance to but not to say negative things against the ones u don`t like.

I used to respond to eedris hatters before but not anymore because i believe pple with different opinions and some are just hatting for no reason and no matter how you are trying to show them the truth they won`t listen but keep saying rubbish over what they know nothing much about. i hv been listening to eedris from his first album till date and i knows the type of message he passed accros but some pple that just listen to only the ones plays on radio or watch in the video will keep judging only with 2 or 3 track they opportuned to listen to and they can`t proud of one single CD from the artist they are critisizing.

I think you guys should let the sleeping dog lies cos responding to this eedrisxx guy is just wasting of time cos his ambition is to critisize eedris for the rest of his life and what he`s going to achieve doing this is what am still trying to figure out.

For the Hatters:

He is back and if u hv any problem with that then bend down and kiss you ass!!!

For the Lovers:

Keep it coming and i promise you his Koleyowon Lyric soon for you guys to feel.

Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by lucabrasi(m): 6:01pm On May 03, 2008
abdurrazaq:

I am not surprised with the criticism Eedris has been witnessing afterall, FELA was not totally accepted until he's gone.

2pac is being celebrated till date not because of his rap skills but for the messages in his songs. If artistes were celebrated or remembered for their skills I wonder why we hardly hear about Big punisher after his death.

Bob Marley was a reggae artist but still remembered for his inspirational lyrics.

To EEDRIS ABDULKAREEM: Some Nigerians still believe in you and are always ready to listen to you so far you keep up the good work. Do not look the way of haters, they are just there to keep you moving up. You will forever be in the Histrory of Nigerian Music whether they like it or not even, if they call your style whatever

you r on point there,and im sure there are millions of nigerians who appreciate him already just watch out in 2008 and see how the guy will take over,i get pissed off when ppl start comparing him to rugged man,eedris abdulkareem raps fluently and smoothly,in hausa,and normal hip hop slangs, rugged man only raps in the normal hip hop only that should tell us the guy is more natural,let me add my own shout out to eedris too

mr lecturer abeg we want a collabo with 9ice opls we beg you in GOD'S name or lord of ajasa, smiley

@unix4real1
glad to know we r not the onli ones here,and pls post the lyrics or any links u have abeg and if you know the guy pls we his fans want collabo o
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by unix4real1(m): 1:31am On May 04, 2008
Here is the lyrics:

Intro.:

Eedris: Ruggedman and eedris abdulkareem
collabo.

Ruggedman:No be dream(2x). mehn it`s

reality right here.

Ijeta lari raa (4x)

Eedris:

Dem say i fight 50 cent
see their mouth dem just dey yarn anyhow
dem say i run go exile
if Mr president catch u e go flog u
for your information me met mr president
one on one inside Aso Rock
dem say i no go make am again (na lie)
dem say ain`t gat no game
kenis music am back again
keke D1

dem say i no like government
because dem treat my people anyhow
dem say dem no give me show
dem wan see how rude boy wan survive
me travel to america and canada
asia, caribean,south africa
men u no so BMG we doin it right
now am back home lacream we kicking it
tight
for my fans wey love me
i thank you well well
eedris is back again

Chorus:

papa di popo papa koleyewon o
popo di papa papa koleyewon o (2x)

Ijeta lari raa (4x)

Eedris:

dem say i jagajaga
i yamayama, i scatter scatter
i too get wahala fa
my people suffer suffer
we still dey buy water
when i talk dey say who give me mouth to
talk
when i yarn dey say who give me mouth to
yarn
50 cent na my man you know we kicking it
tight
charly boy and Pman u know dey stab me for
back
Mr Star u knw na we dey drink d beer
if i like i go turn green to black
i go make peace with star
i go do how i like
don`t blame me style
everybody get im mouth, you get ur mouth to
yarn
2face get im mouth im get him to yarn
2face wan be like obasanjo oh oh oh oh
me i wan be like fela anikulapo kuti

Chorus:

papa di popo papa koleyewon o
popo di papa papa koleyewon o (2x)

Ijeta lari raa (2x)

eedris: Ruggedy.

Ijeta lari raa (2x)

Ruggedman:
dis na the unexpected collabo
ruggedman and eedris abdulkareem
(koleyewon o)
what we done none can stop it
club we rock it
we drop shit but none can flush it
dust na dust that`s easy to comprehend
no be magic say me and my nigga decide to
blend
na message we dey try to send to the people
we need peace to move on even if we no be
equals

Eedris:
Politicians and people and government

Ruggedman:
Look pass the money you wan eat and see the
problems
face of the masses abi you need glasses
on the street go teach lessons
you wan loan the classes
do the right thing before water pass garri
before guns turn to wetin everyman dey wan
carry
everyday for the thief one day for the
owner
guess who be the thief and who be the

owner.

Chorus:
till fade.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by lucabrasi(m): 2:24am On May 04, 2008
nice one man , awesome ill look for it on youtube
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Fadajasi(m): 10:48am On May 04, 2008
thanks 4 d lyrics man,where did u get it frm?
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by unix4real1(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2008
Fadajasi:

thanks 4 d lyrics man,where did u get it frm?

i took my time to write it down just for you guys cool
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Fadajasi(m): 3:30pm On May 04, 2008
hmm, great,thought it was fron naijapals
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2008
eedrisxxx:

i can't believe in wildest dreams u can compare Fela(baba),Tupac,bob marley with eedris, that shows how shallow unrealistic u can be eedris,
your pride has brought your downfall

Fela, 2pac and Bob Marley are not witches, they are humans like Eedris. The fact that I mention them while discussing Eedris ( or issue related to Eedris) does not mean I've compared them but, the way Eedris is going with his courage and determination to make a change with his music he will definitely be mentioned in the list of these Icons by people like you sooner or later.

Joining the list while alive is not even a sin or abomination for Eedris

lucabrasi:

you r on point there,and im sure there are millions of nigerians who appreciate him already

It is good to know that you are not alone. Great minds really think alike.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Meldrick(m): 1:23pm On May 05, 2008
I wonder who made Eedris king. Well maybe he is the king of insane people. His arrogance and pride gave him an ignominous fall the first time. Rather than come for a second chance humbly he has made himself king.Nobody hears a word when he raps. Na so e go dey compare himself with 50cent. That guy will go nowhere and his second fall will not be a surprise. He should learn humility from his mates. Who says he is an Icon? Abeg no make me vex. Compare him with Ekwe not Fela or Tupac
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Meldrick(m): 1:40pm On May 05, 2008
Eedris cannot sing without critisizing other musicians. Eedris you are too arrogant and proud. I wonder how you have affected Nigerian music. Well ,I agree negatively. I wonder who the hell talks of tuface fathering children. The guy has his life to live so mind you buisness and live him alone. Tuface is the heatrob of Nigerian music. Take it or leave it.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 8:26am On May 06, 2008
@Meldrick

Eedris is the King, if you love it good luck, if not, you can find your own king elsewhere or hit your head on the rock, who cares?

You can go and listen to those that sings about illusions. You can dance to the greenland tunes when we all know that there is nothing green about Nigeria for now.

Listen to the so called love songs when there is no love in the land but, you can't change the reasoning of some of us that have decided to stick with the truth and those who dares to speak it.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by 9ja4eva: 3:08pm On May 06, 2008
Eedris is king

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Radio 90.9 Fm Contact Address? / Download - Davido - Fia [new Music] / ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.