Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) (9694 Views)

Exclusive Listen *eedris Abdulkareem - New Album - The King Is Back* / Welcome To Africa By Eedris Abdulkareem Ft 50cent / 50 Cent Vs Eedris Abdulkareem,whom Do U Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by lucabrasi(m): 12:04am On May 07, 2008
Meldrick:

I wonder who made Eedris king. Well maybe he is the king of insane people. His arrogance and pride gave him an ignominous fall the first time. Rather than come for a second chance humbly he has made himself king.Nobody hears a word when he raps. Na so e go dey compare himself with 50cent. That guy will go nowhere and his second fall will not be a surprise. He should learn humility from his mates. Who says he is an Icon? Abeg no make me vex. Compare him with Ekwe not Fela or Tupac
so u want him to be humble and kiss 50 cent's ass abi,was he fighting for just himself or the rest of the nigerian artiste?are they not enjoying wat he was fighting for then?he did what all of them did not have the balls to do so he is the king.
u think 50cent gives a fck about nigeria if he wasnt paid to come?even the late lucky dube who is our neighbour in south africa,when he was called by cross river,imagine a nigerian state governor,he collected his money in full before stepping out of south africa,he now got here and shoutn i love nigeria ,i love africa,
go check out 50cents interview about his trip to nigeria and u ll realise eedris wasnt boasting when u heard the yeye 50 was sayn about ur naija ppl
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 9:25am On May 07, 2008
unix4real1:

them say i no like government
because them treat my people anyhow
them say them no give me show
them wan see how rude boy wan survive

them say i jagajaga
i yamayama, i scatter scatter
i too get wahala fa
my people suffer suffer
we still dey buy water
when i talk dey say who give me mouth to
talk
when i yarn dey say who give me mouth to
yarn
50 cent na my man you know we kicking it
tight
charly boy and Pman u know dey stab me for
back
Mr Star u knw na we dey drink d beer
if i like i go turn green to black
i go make peace with star
i go do how i like
don`t blame me style
everybody get im mouth, you get your mouth to
yarn
2face get im mouth im get him to yarn
2face wan be like obasanjo oh oh oh oh
me i wan be like fela anikulapo kuti

Ruggedman:
Look pass the money you wan eat and see the
problems
face of the masses abi you need glasses
on the street go teach lessons
you wan loan the classes
do the right thing before water pass garri
before guns turn to wetin everyman dey wan
carry
everyday for the thief one day for the
owner
guess who be the thief and who be the

owner.

Chorus:
till fade.

Eedris is definitely the king. Some artist would have ignore saying the "dangerous" truth in the lyrics above, considering the fact that he is just coming back to reclaim the top spot he truly belongs.

The truth is dangerous while people embrase lies wholeheartedly. Jagajaga was, at some time, criticised despite the fact that the song is the truth in its simplest form.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Nobody: 10:14am On May 07, 2008
grin grin grin grin eedris go take a break dude ,ya time is up, mudafuka, we got sauce kidd,neto c and better people who has knocked you off the stage get a life eedris just step down like maise did you ain't welcomed here no more iight ,
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by lucabrasi(m): 1:22pm On May 07, 2008
dude,im dissappointed in you, you started the thread and even if you wanted to mention ppl that were better than eedris u r sayn naeto csauce kid
lets just wait and see now abi, promise ill dig up your thread and do some "i told you so dance" lol
for real eedris still got it and very soon the likes of all these ppl will be the one chilling out,abeg dont mention naeto c or sauce kid or even ikechukwu when talking of lyricist o abeg you,they only try and cover the rest up with yankee phonetics/hype
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 1:49pm On May 07, 2008
Thank God the poster is still around.

What's up Jayon, we've been waiting for your response since you start this thread. But, I think is not worth it anymore because, it seems you are down with people like Naeto C and co. They taught you what a motherf****r is, abi? They should have spelt it for you.

Now it is clear that you start this thread just to show your hatred for a man that is far better in all standard to all your favourites.

EEDRIS na your king oo. You no like am? Go to court.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Fadajasi(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2008
eedris is simply the best
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by dready(f): 8:28pm On May 07, 2008
Me i have listened to his album the album is just there i fit still open my mouth talk say in this album he was below average i will say it over and over again omo i nor dey see any body face for here.
I can't compare his album to Eldee's, Freestyle's, Sanchez's O.D's not even the few singles i have heard from M.I
He needs more improvement i dont hate him coz i have his album you can call me a fan but dude gotta upgrade .
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 6:09pm On May 08, 2008
dready:

He needs more improvement i don't hate him because i have his album you can call me a fan but dude gotta upgrade .

He is still growing up (his words in LETTER TO MR. PRESIDENT). Hoping this new album record a very good success commercially. I am also looking forward to an Eedris with more rap tracks in his next album. May be because he always a lot of political messages to pass that is why he sometimes use those styles of Afrobeat, reggae in some tracks.

My mother and my little sisters understand JAGAJAGA very well but, they can't pick a point from CRY by Mode 9 though, the track (CRY) is filled with good rhymes and addresses very vital issues (Violence in campus and driving under the influence of alcohol)
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by lucabrasi(m): 9:03pm On May 08, 2008
abdurrazaq:

He is still growing up (his words in LETTER TO MR. PRESIDENT). Hoping this new album record a very good success commercially. I am also looking forward to an Eedris with more rap tracks in his next album. May be because he always a lot of political messages to pass that is why he sometimes use those styles of Afrobeat, reggae in some tracks.

My mother and my little sisters understand JAGAJAGA very well but, they can't pick a point from CRY by Mode 9 though, the track (CRY) is filled with good rhymes and addresses very vital issues (Violence in campus and driving under the influence of alcohol)

totally agree wih you,kennis music interview a deejay in gambia and apart from 2face,the guy said in all the places he s played thatnigeria jagajaga was their favourite,not because of the lyrics but the beats and eedris,i have not listened to most of these nigerian lil wayne,dmx e.t.c wannabes because they are not real real talent to me is rapping in hausa,yoruba,ibo, if not why id 9ice in demand,nigga raw,even rugged man,ibo boy and a whole lot of them i am opportuned to watch mtv 24 hours of the day if i want to so i see the original panadol,why wud i want to subject myself to listening to mode 9's pathetic excuse for rap,its gotten to a stage that they now speak naija ceented american phonetics in normal interviews, the funny thing is that people like naeto c,ikechukwu,sauce kid who are american born and bred force themselves to speak pidgin english
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by eldee(m): 8:46am On May 09, 2008
abdurrazaq:

Eedris is definitely the king. Some artist would have ignore saying the "dangerous" truth in the lyrics above, considering the fact that he is just coming back to reclaim the top spot he truly belongs.

The truth is dangerous while people embrase lies wholeheartedly. Jagajaga was, at some time, criticised despite the fact that the song is the truth in its simplest form.

My days, you guys never cease to amaze me. . .
Let me explain to you, diss the government card is just a publicity stunt by a 'has been' musician who's taking advantage of Obasanjo's comments
Aight, what dangerous truth has he said that no one has said before?
Or did you by any chance miss 'For Instance-Tuface', 'Crisis by African China', or any of Sound Sultan's songs?
This is the Music Section not Politics, we care more bout how he presents a message as much as the message itself.
If you're good at what you do, no matter the lyrics, Nigerians will feel you.
Eedris is crap at rap, SIMPLE!!! There's no argument about that.

Let me give you a simple assignment, look at that track you posted, and tell me who's verse was harder.
My dayz, even Ruggedman dissed him on that song.
Infact name one rapper in Nigeria that Eedris is better than.
I have no beef with him singing whatever kind of music he likes, but he needs to stay off hiphop. tongue
And believe me, I have a right to tell him, why? Like Rugged said, I'm a consumer, I want a proof of my spending, even listening cheesy.
With Eedris, hiphop has never sounded this bad.

PS. For those, dumbasses mentioning Edris in the same breath with Modenine, ask Channel O, why they gave him 3 awards.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Fadajasi(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2008
hmm
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 12:09pm On May 09, 2008
Eldee

I want you to answer this question for me.
Why has the former president (Chief Olusegun Obasanjo) deicded to respond to Jagajaga and not For Instance(2face) or any of the songs you mentioned?

I think this is one of the most effective song of all time in Nigeria. The good thing about it is that it is easily understandable. JAGAJAGA would not have attract comments from the then President if it had been delivered or performed like CRY by Mode 9 was performed.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by get2bboy(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2008
The King is Back, Oba ju oba lo gbabeski,

Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by lucabrasi(m): 12:50pm On May 09, 2008
abdurrazaq:

Eldee

I want you to answer this question for me.
Why has the former president (Chief Olusegun Obasanjo) deicded to respond to Jagajaga and not For Instance(2face) or any of the songs you mentioned?

I think this is one of the most effective song of all time in Nigeria. The good thing about it is that it is easily understandable. JAGAJAGA would not have attract comments from the then President if it had been delivered or performed like CRY by Mode 9 was performed.
apart from that,rugged man or anybody can diss whoever he likes,doesnt mean ruggedman is better than him,also ruggedman's new album wasnt all that if not for 9ice who made the album a hit,mode nine got awards because he came into the industry at the time the industry was yearning for that kind of music not because he was good,even the guy said it himself that he almost packed up singing because he wasnt getting the response and had to go do something else,if he was that good then he ll have blown up immediately he got on the scene, look at the likes of 9ice, the industry is gettn wiser to the likes of mode nine and nobody is listening to them like before ,the in thing now is the indegenous rap/hip hop thats why u see most rappers in naija now using their traditional language,9ice,lord of ajasa,even rugged man e.t.c as far as im concerned eedris is back with a bang and its obvious that last man standing is a hit
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2008
get2bboy:

The King is Back, Oba ju oba lo gbabeski,

Love that.
What about this? Ologinni t'ajo de, ekute ile e para mo.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Suntemi(m): 4:11pm On May 14, 2008
"Awon enermy, Won ma ku ti won ba gbo pe a gba Grammy". Haters try listen to Welcome to Africa. Even 50 Cent teach himself how to dance Yahoozee that very day. See It seems most people hate the truth. Imagine Americans do behave like the world revolve around them that why it very easy to pick up quarell with them. As a Nigerian I don't see myself as been inferior.

The truth remains that "Nigerian Hip hop history is incomplete without mentioning Eedris". You can go and die if you can't accept that.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 8:58am On May 15, 2008
Not the history of Nigerian Hip hop alone but, also the success of the Nigerian Hip hop is not complete without the name Eedris. Even everythin about the sustained Hip hop in Nigeria started with The Remedies and, without Eedris Remedies is not complete.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 23, 2008
hip-hop is dead,but we av only one messiah 2 bring it alive--d swaga boi a.k.a sauce kidd, eedris just wana giv u a lil advice go and die, we nigerians no send ur style,life and music again.R.I.P EEDRIS ABDULMALU
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Suntemi(m): 5:43pm On May 23, 2008
jayon:

hip-hop is dead,but we av only one messiah 2 bring it alive--d swaga boi a.k.a sauce kidd, eedris just wana giv u a little advice go and die, we nigerians no send your style,life and music again.R.I.P EEDRIS ABDULMALU

See to be sincere, uh, I think u have some problem up there, because I see no reason y You should be saying Nigerians no send Eedris style even with all the replies u've gotten so far. I think you are only saying this because You felt very foolish starting this kind of tread. Anyway Bleep u n go and die instead. Asshoe!!!
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 6:26pm On May 23, 2008
@Jayon, take heart, you think Eedris won't be back but, now he is back and back to rule the industry again. If you don't like his music, style and face then, that is your problem. You better find a better thing doing with your once in a while internet ticket, coming here trying to spoil an artiste in the class of Abdulkareem will not help you. You can use the money and time doing other things that will add value to your own life.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Dclique(m): 6:27pm On May 23, 2008
king ma ass, idris was n will always b a clown 2me
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Suntemi(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2008
Abdurrazaq, I think this guy (Dclique) also need your respond.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by dready(f): 9:47pm On May 23, 2008
@ sun_temi you dey mental ooo you dey tell abdurrazaq say Dclique need he respond which kind response to me i dont tag him to be a clown but i know most people here do not have his album get his album all you hailing him will stop hailing him coz his recent album to me is a flop he still needs to upgrade like match.com Eedris if you dey hear me i say make you upgrade like match.com so that na the people when get america ip go fit access .
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by unix4real1(m): 11:38pm On May 23, 2008
dready:

@ sun_temi you dey mental ooo you dey tell abdurrazaq say Dclique need he respond which kind response to me i don't tag him to be a clown but i know most people here do not have his album get his album all you hailing him will stop hailing him because his recent album to me is a flop he still needs to upgrade like match.com Eedris if you dey hear me i say make you upgrade like match.com so that na the people when get america ip go fit access .

I never think that i will see you on eedris thread again ever since i asked you to judge eldee`s definition of ruggedman`s line in eedris track we need peace to move even if we no be equals but since then i never see you again on that thread.

I used to like you anyway because u always say things sensibly.

dready:
to me is a flop he still needs to upgrade like match.com

It shows that the album to you is flop but not for everybody. but for some idiots we knws but can`t mention their names undecided  for stupid response reason, is quiet differnt.

wether he is wack, lame, or needs to improve, he can still proud of thousands of fans to his credit so what are we talking about?
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by 9ja4eva: 8:30am On May 24, 2008
Eedrissssss
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by abdurrazaq(m): 8:46am On May 24, 2008
@deady,
First let me tell you that I have the album and listen to it almost everyday. I have also got all his previous albums and to be sincere to you, I was expecting a full rap album this time. But, the truth is that even if he had dropped an album with rap tracks only, haters will definitely be there. Now I enjoy tracks like AURE (I don't even know what this track is about) and DURC and they are not rap tracks like THE LAST MAN STANDING.
No man can ever tell you he is fully developed and, only the dead can not improve anymore. So if you say he needs to upgrade I agree since, he is still living and still hope to remain in music.

@sun-temi
I am too busy to respond to haters. cool
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Suntemi(m): 9:11am On May 24, 2008
Dready, I think you've gotten a reply already. Just don't start what you can't finish.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Suntemi(m): 9:17am On May 24, 2008
To all Eedris fans,

Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by dready(f): 9:49am On May 24, 2008
@ unix4real1 wad up man,
i am so sorry for not letting you into that line rugged man talked about i actually read it when you first asked it but i had so many things to do online coz i needed money so i just jumped that your question, First thing first , do you have eedris album ? if yes go through the album and let me know what ya feel, i dont hate on a brother and i swear i will never be among those people that tag him to be wack all i will say and still say is that he needs to upgrade talking about his thousands of fans i think his recent album has made him lose most of those fans coz them don see he worth after some years underground he is coming with this kind of album ? that is insane, before he dropped his album his song he did for 50 cent during that kora whateva in abuja i heard people saying eedris is still the best rapper in nigerIA but now make those people come talk that same word with his recent album they can't even say it coz he did not meet people's expectation, talking about ruggedman's line in that song i feel its a normal line any rapper will do in any track i do not think it was exactly want eldee meant but don't forget that its my own opinion and eldee might be right or wrong can't say now.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by dready(f): 9:55am On May 24, 2008
@ sun_temi see guy you be confirm jew for rap music so no dey come here dey come make noise, listen unix4real1 nor fit give me reply say he dey run me down he only asked me a question i nor suppose to dey let you know things i go leave you make u dey reason like omomo ,
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Suntemi(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2008
See girl, How I wish u can be online I mean on Yahoo messenger so that U can come and face me one on one on this issue. my ID is temitech27. Because I'm not feeling this "snail respond style" ok? U said I be confirm jew for rap music wen U dont even know me at all. See, I think you are just talking off point.

Plz just try do me a favor, try come online and face me ok? I'm always online.

.:: suntemi ::.
Re: The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) by Suntemi(m): 1:52pm On May 24, 2008
Dready, I have u on my messenger now. So I'm patience waiting for you to come online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Radio 90.9 Fm Contact Address? / Download - Davido - Fia [new Music] / ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.