Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,022 members, 7,849,112 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? (1303 Views)

The Choice Every Man Has To Make, Guys Which Will U Choose (photo) / Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner / Difficulty In Falling In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Pilotman(m): 5:51am On May 27, 2013
I was just having this debate with my pals. Some believe that girls find it difficult to choose life partners, others think it is more difficult with the guys.

So let's share your experiences, your stand & reasons. Who has the most difficulty in the choice of a life partner?
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Dygeasy(m): 5:56am On May 27, 2013
O
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Dygeasy(m): 5:56am On May 27, 2013
Of course its both. Its not as if for any of them in any case LIFE PARTNER will be written on their foreheads. Bottomline is getting a life partner isn't a small issue for either of the two genders.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Nobody: 6:57am On May 27, 2013
Women.
After marriage everyone expects them to become submissive and obedient to their husbands so making sure she marries a sensible and compassionate person is crucial. Nobody expects submission from men and it is easier for them to divorce their wives and marry someone else (even cheat with someone else) without any hassles from family and friends. Unlike women that are expected to be builders of the home and the life force that keeps the marriage going.
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Dopefiend(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2013
fellis: Women.
After marriage everyone expects them to become submissive and obedient to their husbands so making sure she marries a sensible and compassionate person is crucial. Nobody expects submission from men and it is easier for them to divorce their wives and marry someone else (even cheat with someone else) without any hassles from family and friends. Unlike women that are expected to be builders of the home and the life force that keeps the marriage going.

@topic, both parties. It aint easy choosing a life patner. Some pple get married for the wrong reasons and choose a less compatible partner because of some qualities(money, or beauty, or attraction, or beliefs etc) and end up with problems after a year or two. I always advise pple to be bestfriends with their partners b4 eventually making that decision, cos by then u'd come to know of his or her flaws and accept them.

@bolded, that is a more cogent reason for a man to look b4 he leaps and why its difficult for dem to make a choice, lest they make the wrong choice. There is nothing worse dan a bad wife.
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Lilimax(f): 12:24pm On May 27, 2013
Women I will say. A lot of women of marriagable age are out there looking for a life parnter but
since out society does not support woman proposing to a man, a lot of them are still there unmarried.
cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 27, 2013
Dopefiend:
@bolded, that is a more cogent reason for a man to look b4 he leaps and why its difficult for dem to make a choice, lest they make the wrong choice. There is nothing worse dan a bad wife.
Abeg it is harder for women. If you marry a bad wife you can easily leave her and marry another wife and society wouldn't frown on you as much as it would frown on a woman. Besides if a woman marries a bad husband it would be worse for her because she is expected to submit to him and let him be the leader of both her and her children. Unlike men that don't have to obey and submit to a bad wife
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Dopefiend(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2013
fellis:
Abeg it is harder for women. If you marry a bad wife you can easily leave her and marry another wife and society wouldn't frown on you as much as it would frown on a woman. Besides if a woman marries a bad husband it would be worse for her because she is expected to submit to him and let him be the leader of both her and her children. Unlike men that don't have to obey and submit to a bad wife

Do you know who or what a bad wife is? undecided undecided

Itz hard for them both. Dnt be biased with ur judgement.
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Monicasque(f): 5:28pm On May 27, 2013
its more harder for ladies
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 27, 2013
Men..........(Women get desperate and may be willing to cope with just any man when it's just about past their prime)

But no man can cope with just any woman.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by BlessedFellow: 7:01pm On May 27, 2013
I think it is equally difficult for both men and women to find life partners.

Female folks would tell you it is more difficult to choose a man while the male folks would also tell you it is more difficult to choose a wife.

It is not often easy for either party to find the other party with the *right mix* of qualities at the *right time*. Just like a bloke who has *pear* and is looking for someone who has *apple* for *trade by barter*. The bloke needs to keep searching for someone who has *apple* and willing to trade it for *pear* or shift his/her stance and look for someone willing to accept *pear* for another fruit say *pawpaw/pineapple/mango/banana/cashew*.
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Nobody: 12:09am On May 28, 2013
blogexpert: (Women get desperate and may be willing to cope with just any man when it's just about past their prime)
fallacy
But no man can cope with just any woman.
Another fallacy. You have gone round the world and confirmed that no man can cope with just any woman abi? Rather women have more coping skills because they are desperate. Mtchew
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Nobody: 12:14am On May 28, 2013
Dopefiend:

Do you know who or what a bad wife is? undecided undecided

Itz hard for them both. Dnt be biased with ur judgement.
Yes, I know what a bad wife is.
I am not being biased when I said women have more difficulty,I even gave reasons for saying so in my last two posts. Why don't you also give cogent reasons for claiming that men have it worse?
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Dopefiend(m): 7:55am On May 28, 2013
fellis:
Yes, I know what a bad wife is.
I am not being biased when I said women have more difficulty,I even gave reasons for saying so in my last two posts. Why don't you also give cogent reasons for claiming that men have it worse?

If u know wat a bad wife is den y we still having dis discussion? A guy that wants to get married has to think carefully and hard. What if he marries the wrong person and loses all he has worked for? Marries a woman whos immature and she wants to keep having fun, thereby neglecting her duties - to the kids and the husband? I know a guy who got married to a girl he thought was the girl of his dreams--she was caring, nice, respectful et al --when they got married he began to see her for who she really was. The girl cant cook, cnt do anytin. All she does is go out and hang with friends,disrespects her father in law, call him names, tells him to clean the house abi is that not the reason he came to their place. Told her hubby to get a Maid, who'd be living with them and when the husband refused she moved out of the house taking almost all the properties in the house with her. Now the hubby camps with his buddy because theres nthn in his house. They have a kid and shes pregnant with the second. So it takes the grace of Almighty God to choose a life partner and no one has the upper hand here. People pretend a lot, esp during courtship.
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Nobody: 11:13am On May 28, 2013
^Long story. If a man marries a bad wife he can easily send her packing and easily get another woman to marry. If a woman marries a bad man she would find it hard to leave the marriage because in Nigeria women are advised to stay in marriages and put effort into making things work or to stay and put up with the man's infidelity and bad treatment of his wife because if she leaves him she is not likely to find another man to take her husband's place.
Bad wives are less of a problem than bad husbands because men can easily dispose of bad wives and marry better ones.
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by AtheistD(m): 11:30am On May 28, 2013
Pilotman: I was just having this debate with my pals. Some believe that girls find it difficult to choose life partners, others think it is more difficult with the guys.

So let's share your experiences, your stand & reasons. Who has the most difficulty in the choice of a life partner?

Women clearly. They are on a time schedule and are affected by looks and attitude. They are also less flexible.

For men it is mostly related to finance. The more we have the easier it is. We have more time and are also more flexible.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by faksy(m): 2:07pm On May 28, 2013
Pilotman: I was just having this debate with my pals. Some believe that girls find it difficult to choose life partners, others think it is more difficult with the guys.

its man,coz his d breadwinner
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by Oohrhii(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2013
Everybody knows its Men.

Its easier for a lady to set her mind on marrying anyone so long she would be convenient..

As for a man ..Everything he has been , his reputation, and all he has worked for ever in his life is at stake.. therefore he needs to make sure he does not make the wrong decision.

Which ever way you want to look at it.. without being sentimental..its harder for men.
Re: Who Has The Most Difficulty In The Choice Of A Life Partner? by AtheistD(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2013
Oohrhii: Everybody knows its Men.

Its easier for a lady to set her mind on marrying anyone so long she would be convenient..

As for a man ..Everything he has been , his reputation, and all he has worked for ever in his life is at stake.. therefore he needs to make sure he does not make the wrong decision.

Which ever way you want to look at it.. without being sentimental..its harder for men.

And how bad can it be for a man? If it goes wrong he can move on. Imagine a woman with 2 kids and some weight gain in her 40s having to move on? It is women by a country mile.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can Difference In Church Denomination Be A Major Issue In Marriage Proposal. / Why Don't Nigerian Girls Consider Flower As A Romantic Gift ? / "Ladies Share How You Would React When Your Man Tells You These Things Below"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.