Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG (7942 Views)

Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals / Photo Of New Sss Dg Resuming At Yellow House Sss Hq / I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by KingSolomonI: 6:30am On May 27, 2013
The director-general of the Department of State Services, Mr Ita Ekpeyong, during the weekend announced that the Service had forgiven the killers of some police and SSS operatives in Eggon, Nassarawa State.

Over 70 security officials including 10 SSS operatives and police personnel were killed in Eggon community in Nasarawa State when they were going to arrest the leader of a notorious Ombatse cult group accused of forcefully initiating Muslims and Christians into the group.

Ekpeyong made the announcement during a candlelight service held in honour of the 10 SSS operatives killed during the attack. He said that the killers had been handed over to the almighty God for vengeance.

In a swift reaction during the event, the pioneer director-general of the Nigeria Security Organisation NSO, Gen. Abdullahi Mohammed, told the large crowd comprising members of the SSS family, family members of the deceased and well-wishers that the past DGs of the SSS had not forgiven the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

The SSS DG who in his speech during the occasion recalled the incident leading to the onslaught noted that the security operatives embarked on the deadly mission to avert what could become the emergence of another case of Boko Haram or Maitasine.

He said: “I want to recall that exactly 17 days today some 10 dedicated and highly committed officers and men of this family were sent in an operation. The operation was aimed at fulfilling our sacred mandate, that is, the protection and preservation of our nation which is our collective patrimony. They went to keep the peace and douse the tension generated in the state by the activities of an unscrupulous group of primitive people.

“This group had on 20th April ,2013, at Arugba Isa village in Lafia North forcefully initiated some members of Izala Muslims. Also, on 28th April some Christians in Gidan Gambo village were forcefully initiated. Similarly on 2nd May 2013, at Kayarda village, an attempt by some of the group members to initiate some Muslims almost led to a violent confrontation. It was in an attempt to arrest the situation from further deteriorating that law enforcement agents were sent because, from experience, this was the same manner that the Maitasine and the Boko Haram terrorists started.

“We have waited in vain for your return and, accordingly, we have come to terms with the painful reality that you have paid the supreme price so that Nigerians can live in peace and be united. But I want to promise you that you will never die in vain because when you live in the hearts of those you love is not to die. You will never die because your death has emboldened us, inspired and united us. It has motivated and strengthened us.

“We will remain resolute determined and focused. Therefore, for the sake of our colleagues and the survival of our country, we will never raise the white flag. Those who do not wish this country well will. To those who could only kill the body, note that you have made your community an ignoble sepulcher of innocent law enforcement agents and that even though our spirits and will are cast in iron yet we have forgiven you. We have obediently handed all of you over to the almighty God since he taught us that ‘vengeance is mine’.”

The former NSO DG in is reaction pointed out that it was the first time a tragedy of such magnitude was befalling the force and called on Nigerians to rally round the services to secure the nation. He said: “We the past DGs share this sorrow with you. Since the inception of the service I don’t think we have had a tragedy such as this. This is very, very touching and we share your sorrow. I was looking at the TV yesterday and I was looking at a man who led to the death of these gallant men saying that his gods killed the operatives. I wonder why that man is still free and talking. I wonder. I can’t understand it.

“We have heard about some moles in the police, we have heard about some moles in the military but we have never heard about a mole in the service. This is our pride. Some people said they have forgiven the killers of these young men; we have not forgiven them.”

President Goodluck Jonathan, who was represented by his chief of staff Chief Mike Oghiadomhe, said he was grieved by the sad news of the death of the operatives and assured that the government was determined to ensure that this wave of criminality was stamped out of the country.
http://leadership.ng/news/270513/we-have-forgiven-killers-our-operatives-sss-dg
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by AdoZazzau: 7:54am On May 27, 2013
I cannot believe what im reading here. A national intelligence gathering agency backs off from confrontation with an ordinary village cult.

There is no country left in Nigeria. Evrryone is just hanging on to chop chop oil money. No one is any longer interested in fighting to uphold the integrity of nationhood.

9 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by boron10(m): 7:55am On May 27, 2013
He is nothing but a Coward

3 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Aedesmuskeeto: 8:01am On May 27, 2013
boron10: He is nothing but a Coward
Harsh!
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Nobody: 8:30am On May 27, 2013
Before nko, you wan fight the chief priest? He will delete una like mp3.

6 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Omen100(m): 8:42am On May 27, 2013
Wonders shall never end. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by boron10(m): 8:46am On May 27, 2013
Aedes_muskeeto: Harsh!
But true

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by gbadexy(m): 8:47am On May 27, 2013
The men of various security operatives are not supermen , remove the gun and they are mere humans too.
The only advantage security forces use to enforce law and order or to intimidate is the gun and in a situation where guns are ineffective against a group of people, they would rather mellow.
Sending more men and even soldiers would still be like the troops fighting with bare hands against cutlass wielding men unless they deploy jet bombers and tankers there which I doubt any responsible government would try at this moment.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by UYCO: 8:49am On May 27, 2013
If them send you go arrest people there, you go gree go?
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by idupaul: 8:50am On May 27, 2013
AdoZazzau: I cannot believe what im reading here. A national intelligence gathering agency backs off from confrontation with an ordinary village cult.

There is no country left in Nigeria. Evrryone is just hanging on to chop chop oil money. No one is any longer interested in fighting to uphold the integrity of nationhood.

Na dem know the metaphysical thing dem experience in Alakio Village oo

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by omaigala(m): 8:52am On May 27, 2013
It's because you guys can't do natha to them.

What was the offence of those group in the 1st place?

If truly those guys were guilty, you won't back away from justice.

We neva even get state police yet, na em them dey use federal ones like this, I tire for all these thugs wey we get as leaders sef.

I bet if you guys went back there, their gods go still whip una again.
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by boron10(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2013
gbadexy: The men of various security operatives are not supermen , remove the gun and they are mere humans too.
The only advantage security forces use to enforce law and order or to intimidate is the gun and in a situation where guns are ineffective against a group of people, they would rather mellow.
Sending more men and even soldiers would still be like the troops fighting with bare hands against cutlass wielding men unless they deploy jet bombers and tankers there which I doubt any responsible government would try at this moment.
You mean he has done well to retreat? These are supposed to be trained armed men. Are you telling me that the six months or more training they underwent after they were recruited was just to learn how to shoot at the civilians?

2 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by LEvuls(m): 9:11am On May 27, 2013
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by BlackPeni5: 9:11am On May 27, 2013
How can you forgive somebody who has not asked for forgiveness. We are doomed in this country cos if a village juju man can hold the whole SSS to ransom,then there's no hope.

I foresee the FG establishing a Ministry of Juju Affairs to be headed by the Ombatse Chief.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by MrAboki: 9:12am On May 27, 2013
[size=13pt]WHAT THE F`UCK?!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

F`uck the Police.. Time to call in Spiderman..

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by FrankC3: 9:13am On May 27, 2013
This is not for nairaland kids hidden away somewhere in Ogbomoso or Kaura-namoda who only hear of SSS or see them with what looks like toy guns, but I must say that anybody who have ever had a brush with those boys knows that any operative must be able to do one thing- never forgive. If fact, when SSS guy, especially those with innocent faces smile at you after an encounter, watch out for a big hit.

It is not that SSS does not want to forgive the men that killed their brothers, they are actually incapable of forgiving them. In fact, 50 years from today, they are still avenging their loss. That is SSS for you.

4 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by greall1: 9:13am On May 27, 2013
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by mascot87(m): 9:13am On May 27, 2013
Na lie, they are not capable of going for a reprisal attack cos they are scared of death tongue
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Nobody: 9:15am On May 27, 2013
undecided dama wetin wuna wan do before?!!
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Nobody: 9:16am On May 27, 2013
I understand, "IF YOU CANNOT BEAT THEM, FORGIVE THEIR TRESPASSES"
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by chris365(m): 9:17am On May 27, 2013
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by chris365(m): 9:17am On May 27, 2013
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by ZUBY77(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2013
Run! Ombatse run!..
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by chris365(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2013
This only proves that there's more to that incident that the Governor and those security heads are hiding. Am very sure the governor did not get presidential backing on it, and it will be suicidal for him to continue after what happened.

I don't support how our operatives were killed, but am made to believe that those ombatse were only defending themselves and protecting their leader from political assassination. just my opinion sha

6 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by nijanigga: 9:20am On May 27, 2013
Why can't they send second batch including the DG of SSS to go and arrest the cult people? But they know how to arrest oil money. otufia!

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by slimfit1(m): 9:21am On May 27, 2013
Let be honest to ourselves here, with respect to the dead, it is very clear that all the forces in Nigeria need adequate training.
These people died because of lack of wisdom.
These people that died would have got away with murder if not because the prey they thought was weak was actually stronger. A lot of time the police kill innocent people and frame them as thieves or terrorist, or claims accidental discharge.

There was clearly know intelligence here, they approached these people on assumptions.

These is what happens when we use cow boy methods of policing. In most countries their police is the strongest institution, not even the presidents or prime ministers, but in Nigeria the politicians are the strongest institution. In Nigeria the president is the one that will tell the police who to and not prosecute. The police don't even know their duties, they are more of a joke when you see them, hungry set of people even from the main or their top boss.
Most of them are clearly not educated that is sure we all know that, I would like to say it's time the police force and every other forces are well informed about their job description by us because it looks like these politicians dont want to tell them.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Lateef9961(m): 9:23am On May 27, 2013
K
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by bjjbam: 9:36am On May 27, 2013
Mr DG, you disrespect the memories of ur late colleagues if u do not bring these perpetrators to justice. You talk of forgiveness like we are in a church. Don't u just get it? 70 security operatives were murdered in cold blood including ten of ur men and u talk of forgiveness? Perhaps GEJ and all Nigerians should forgive BokoHaram for their past atrocities. DG, we yearn for justice and not forgiveness please!!!

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by AMvanquish: 9:37am On May 27, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: I understand, "IF YOU CANNOT BEAT THEM, FORGIVE THEIR TRESPASSES"

LMAO....SUMS UP D MATTA
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Sitex(m): 9:38am On May 27, 2013
I wouldnt like to interpret this to mean that the death of this officers has been laid to rest...this community must pay.
A rational way is just been fashioned out
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by AnanseK(m): 9:41am On May 27, 2013
Who will join your weak organization if you will send them to their deaths and forgive the killers within a few weeks?Anyway who gives employers the right to forgive when their staff are killed? Should forgiveness not be the families of the murdered officers? The DG should wait and forgive when members of his family are killed in this way.

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Nobody: 9:42am On May 27, 2013
U have forgiven them? Grand but while u are at it, can u explain to us why it required 100 cops and some sss men to arrest one man.... An event which ultimately lead to the death of men, ur men, men with family and u just FORGIVE !!!!!
God will punish that ur Gorvernor bootlicking mouth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killing Of My 3 Sons Planned By GEJ—Nigeria’s Shiite Leader, Sheikh El-ZakZaky / APC Website Vanishes With Road Map And Campaign Promises / When She Just Came From The Village (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.