Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals (20112 Views)

Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform / Tribunals: Rivers APC Allege Wike Is Set To Bribe Judges With N10bn / PDP Accuses DSS Of Interfering With Election Tribunals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Splashme: 9:23am On Aug 06, 2015
ABUJA—FOLLOWING complaints of undue interference by the Department of State Services (DSS) in the Rivers State Election Petition pending before the Election petition Tribunal, the Senate has summoned the Director-General of the DSS, Lawal Daura to appear before it.

The upper chambers said that it would want prompt response to invitations and questions raised during the investigation.

The Senate had received a petition by the Rivers State House of Assembly and it was last week referred to the Senate Committee on Ethics and Public petitions. The Committee is chaired by Senator Samuel Anyanwu (PDP, Imo East Senatorial District.

Lawal Daura The Senate, which has commenced investigation into the allegations, asked the DSS Director- General to appear before the Senate Ethics, Privileges and Public petitions that would be conducting the investigation today (Thursday)

The Senate moved into action to summon the DSS director general when it got a petition signed by the 31 members of Rivers State House of Assembly. In the petition, the state lawmakers alleged among others that the DSS arrested some officials of the Independent National Election Commission (INEC) and members of the Election Petition Tribunal and subjected them to intimidation, harassment and coercion to compromise the judicial independence of the Tribunal and pervert the cause of justice.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/senate-grills-dss-chief-over-interference-in-rivers-tribunal/#sthash.5QgZsd1H.dpuf

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by dokiOloye(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2015
At d rate d SSS is going under d 2 Daura men,
Very soon they will be standing on d road collecting 'roger' like their uniformed brothers.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Rexceedo: 9:24am On Aug 06, 2015
Saraki must have read Barcanista thread on the undue interference of DSS....
All respect to Barcanista for keeping the present administration on their toes.
Pls teach the DAUra cow his chores lest his men invade ur house in search of ur wife.
**modified**
For a wk now I've been striving for FTC just to congratulate my amiable governor His Excellency Gburugburu for the wonderful plan he's orchestrating in Enugu State(precisely Nsukka).
Manage STC abeg Ftc no reach me..
Yellers! Dont try to quote me... For I'm an angry Wailer! And I'll keep wailing till the Daura President gets some nerves in his brain....

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Melahou(m): 9:26am On Aug 06, 2015
The Department of State Services (DSS) don't know their functions any longer

Soon they will be performing the function of Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) in Lagos

Or that of the Federal Road Safety Corps

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 06, 2015
Way to go!!! Thank God for the independence of the present NASS leadership.We need them to stem the current slide of the DSS into dictatorship.

That useless Daura needs to be taught some lessons

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by KingKonga: 9:28am On Aug 06, 2015
ess
Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Mogidi: 9:33am On Aug 06, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Iykopee(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2015
The daura dulllard is the reason for the DSS's mess

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Mogidi: 9:42am On Aug 06, 2015
Rexceedo:
All respect to Barcanista for keeping the present administration on their toes

GBAM!!!
You beat me to it,
Garba/Adesina or their agents are here everyday to read the latest barca topic.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2015
Rexceedo:
My bro we have to keep them o. Otherwise...

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by luvinhubby(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2015
dokiOloye:
At d rate d SSS is going under d 2yrs, Daura men,
Very soon they will be standing on d road collecting 'roger' like their uniformed brothers.
grin You beat me to it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by dustmalik: 9:49am On Aug 06, 2015
Rexceedo:
If you had bothered to read the publication, you would have seen where it was stated that they received a petition from River state house of assembly, not Saraki reading Barcanista's thread. But then again, you are a saTANist A.K.A Wailing wailer, so i don't expect any better from you.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by debo07(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2015
PDP did worst

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Happiness87(f): 9:55am On Aug 06, 2015
dustmalik:

If you had bothered to read the publication, you would have seen where it was stated that they received a petition from River state house of assembly, not Saraki reading Barcanista's thread. But then again, you are a saTANist A.K.A Wailing wailer, so i don't expect any better from you.
your bad belly is phenomenal, is it hereditary too?

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 06, 2015
Mogidi:

GBAM!!!
You beat me to it,
Garba/Adesina or their agents are here everyday to read the latest barca topic.
My Oga eka'aro o.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Mogidi: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2015
barcanista:

My Oga eka'aro o.

Bros how bodi?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Bashirfuntua(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2015
They force their self into office just the way saraki forge constitution and now they don't want the DSS do their job. Lawal pleas dont listen to them

6 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by zik4ever: 10:04am On Aug 06, 2015
"Loyalty" has always been a dilemma for DSS -the delicate balance between loyalty to who appointed the boss/nation. I recall how several people lambasted the DSS under its former DG. Of course, I didnt support some of the actions of the DSS then, but I also knew that it would not be any different. Its a matter of changing "loyalty" to the new DG/C-in-C. Thats what the DSS have done (not that I support this). I was never swayed by those who expected to see a "new", "changed" and "professional" DSS under a new leadership. DSS will wax more powerful under its new DG and the current President -it was like that powerful when it was NSO during Buhari's tenure as military ruler back in the days. What do we do?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2015
Bashirfuntua:
Cry me a river

Lol Hope you know they senate can force the useless mofo out of his seat

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by dokiOloye(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2015
debo07:
PDP did worst
how?
When?
Can U give instances where they crossed their bounds?
But in Buhari's 2 months,I can give U 5 instances already.

15 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2015
Mogidi:

Bros how bodi?
Fine Baba and you?

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by ionsman: 10:43am On Aug 06, 2015
Rexceedo:
The article clearly stated that the senate received a letter from the RSHA and you are talking of your Nairaland boss.

Please, even if you wanna be stupid, be stupid in a polite manner.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Splashme: 10:43am On Aug 06, 2015
Lawal Daura should remember tomorrow.
He will not be on that seat forever.

#This country belongs to all of us oo . . .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 06, 2015
debo07:
PDP did worst

When did PDP use security agents to start harassing INEC officials? The Buhari regime seems bent on taking us back to the dark days of Abacha.We are going to resist it.If the people of the Lower Niger congress say they do not want an APC government in their state then so be it

15 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by Jesusloveyou: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2015
chukwudi44:
Way to go!!! Thank God for the independence of the present NASS leadership.We need them to stem the current slide of the DSS into dictatorship.

That useless Daura needs to be taught some lessons
and u think dss is wrong to investigate electoral mal-practice,

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by idongesit88: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2015
Following
Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by PassingShot(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2015
NASS will soon understand that their position in most of national issues is advisory.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals by MizMyColi(f): 11:01am On Aug 06, 2015
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S. Institute Of Peace Confirms Aisha Buhari's Visit On Its Twitter & Facebook / Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC / 2019: Amaechi Confirmed As DG Of Buhari Campaign Organisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.