Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,359 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won (18244 Views)

Election In Rivers Was Credible. JEGA / APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by browncool(m): 5:07am On May 29, 2013
killuminati: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww I made the first page...no rigging,free and fair. Glory,glory!
The last time I checked there was no prize to be won making front page. Back to the topic, the love for money and power is bodly written in our leaders faces thats why a common 36 man vote count, can never be fair in our Country
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by femmy2010(m): 5:50am On May 29, 2013
Just 36 voters and we are still hearing of Rigging?
This is bad for Nigeria.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by nonen(m): 6:00am On May 29, 2013
Typical signs of the last days. Fulfilment of Bible prophecies.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 6:10am On May 29, 2013
why are APC apologist crying blue murder? is Amaechi a member of APC? oh is a traitor in PDP planted by APC to cause mayhem in PDP but HE HAS FAILED. readin some messages here, one will think some of you are seasoned political analysts but in the real sense, you all(pro-APC and Anti-gej) are bunch of ignorant folks. Amaechi is a goner, if he likes let him cry that he won ngf, na him problem be that. in fact Amaechi is the chairman of APC Governors Forum. NGF belongs to JANG who has conveyed his First meeting and with whopping 18 GOVS in attendance plus MORE to attend. Amaechi should convey his own and lets see who the majority are that voted him.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by vixen2: 6:15am On May 29, 2013
a state witout a Governor is like a meal witout salt . . .
Amechi is d man of the people,
By d people,
And for d people
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by God4memi: 6:19am On May 29, 2013
Amaechi is nt a yes man.He is bold,articulate and charismatic.We in Rivers State like him.U guys shld come and see d great works done by dis Action Man.No wonder dey wants him 'dead' by all means.GOD will surely help Amaechi IJN.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 6:24am On May 29, 2013
goldfish80: Peter Obi said the election was free and fair and Jang won, Rochas is saying its free and fair but Amaechi won.
These politician keep sinking to new lows every day.
You are lying! Peter obi did not declear anybody winner in his speech.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 6:33am On May 29, 2013
God4memi: Amaechi is nt a yes man.He is bold,articulate and charismatic.We in Rivers State like him.U guys shld come and see d great works done by dis Action Man.No wonder dey wants him 'dead' by all means.GOD will surely help Amaechi IJN.
Mr man you be LIAR. Majority of Rivers Indigens are SICK And tired of that traitor. he's on his own. stop lying next time. I'm a FULL BLOODED rivers indigen and My People is with DR. JONATHAN not wit one yeye traitor governor.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by sirFrank1159: 6:38am On May 29, 2013
Pontaboki :
Am in Owerri and you are my Governor,but sincerely you are a fool.You have just again closed down the Market for the second time in 2days over nothing.Now your APC masters have told you to open your mouth to say Nonsense,my happiness is that you Know Imo People are not with you in this your APC journey.You how you won election,everybody fought for you,ask yourself how many of those common men on the street are still with you today.Come 2015,the North will not make you Vice President and you will be the final loser.Amadioha Eligwe gbagbue kwa gi!

For the fact u are caliinig black white shows u are even worst than the man u are rendering all this cause on.u better wake up from ur sleep.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Strongfaze(m): 6:41am On May 29, 2013
Pontaboki :
Am in Owerri and you are my Governor,but sincerely you are a fool.You have just again closed down the Market for the second time in 2days over nothing.Now your APC masters have told you to open your mouth to say Nonsense,my happiness is that you Know Imo People are not with you in this your APC journey.You how you won election,everybody fought for you,ask yourself how many of those common men on the street are still with you today.Come 2015,the North will not make you Vice President and you will be the final loser.Amadioha Eligwe gbagbue kwa gi!
pls easy boss, i can feel ur pain! For my family and i, we knw Rochas ain't d best. He claimed to pay us (corps members) 20k each month wic was a propaganda. I got no dime bfor passing out!
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 6:44am On May 29, 2013
payless: Good man called Rochas. This man deserves to be our President. Rochas is man of the people. He is not an ethnic or religious bigot.

My Humble Self: It is good to say the truth, if one must speak or better keep quiet when tempted to lie.

I thought his comment was going to be political but he made a simple statement of truth.

This does not warrant him to be president. Though i support Okorocha's presidential ambition.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by femiaction(m): 6:44am On May 29, 2013
jhydebaba: I don't want to say that Nigeria is a failed state. lipsrsealed cry
Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 6:45am On May 29, 2013
And the only way this clown can express himself is to adorn himself with aboki agbada and cap..this cinderella gov is nothing but a real saboteur and betrayal to his own people..
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Chility(m): 6:48am On May 29, 2013
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by gratiaeo(m): 6:51am On May 29, 2013
Okorocha is either ignorance or a liar and can not be trusted.
Below is Mr Peter interview 48hours after the erection not this cock and bull story from Okorocha
"The crisis rocking the Nigeria
Governors’ Forum (NGF)
deepened yesterday with
opposition governors and anti-
Amaechi group sticking to their
positions 48 hours after a
controversial election that split
the 36 governors’ camp.
Relying on the NGF’s
constitution, Anambra State
Governor Peter Obi said it does
not make room for re-election of
a sitting chairman.
Rivers State Governor Rotimi
Chibuike Amaechi was re-
elected NGF chairman by 19
governors in theelection that
was held in Abuja last Friday.
Plateau State Governor
JonahJang is recognized by 16
governors as the new boss of
the influential body. The anti-
Amaechi governors claimed
there was no election but the
NGF’s Director-General, Mr.
Ashishama Okauru, disagreed,
saying Amaechi won the
election even as Ekiti State
Governor Kayode Fayemi was
sad over the controversy
trailing an exercise which he
described as free and fair.
Reacting to the development,
Governor Peter Obi said that
the re-election of a sitting
chairman has no place in the
NGF’s constitution. A
chairman, he noted, could only
serve a single, non-renewable
term.
Speaking to Daily Sun in Abuja
yesterday, Gov. Obi said the
NGF which was modeled after
American Governors’ Forum
constitution, prescribes only a
single two-year term for a
sitting chairman with no
proviso for re-election.
Gov. Obi revealed that the
amended constitution which
Gov. Amaechi relied on to run
in the controversial election was
not only doctored, but was
never ratified by the larger
bodyof governors.
He claimed that Amaechi’s re-
election could not stand because
he was not the consensus choice
of the body.
“Four out of the five governors
in the South-East said Gov.
Jang is their choice; five out of
the six governors in the South-
South recognise Jang as their
chairman; in the North, it is the
same thing, so what are we
talking about? This is a body of
equal partners, a voluntary
group, and there has never been
a time we had election. It had
always been by consensus.
They doctored the constitution
which was never even ratified.”
Excerpts :
What is your view on the
contentious NGF election?
First, let me say that in the
history of our forum, we have
never had chairmanship
election . In Ilorin, we were
about seven governors, later on
Oshiomhole came by the time
Amaechi was selected..
Was he elected or selected, was
it done through consensus?
Let me tell you what happened ,
we just arrived there and they
said that we need to have a new
leadership . Everybody was like,
it was going to be me because I
was the vice based on the
constitution. The then governor
of Bayelsa State, Sylva said
Amaechi , then the PDP
governors said Amaechi.
Nothing else, nobody said; raise
your hand . It was just like
that . It has always been
through consensus, when we
agree we agree. Initially what
worked against me was that
they argued that I’m a non –
Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) governor. In fact, I have
letters , documents to back
what I am saying .
You are perceived as a man of
integrity. What exactly
happened?
For you to understand, let me
continue with what happened in
Ilorin. they said that it should
not be me because am not from
PDP, it was actually zoned
to the South-East . Let me tell
you the background so that you
will understand this very well.
When we were having a little bit
of problem with Saraki and
governors wanted to remove
him, we decided that we must
formalize everything concerning
the forum . We went and
borrowed the American
Governors’ Forum constitution
which says that there would be
a chairman and vice chairman .
After two years, the chairman
leaves and the vice takes over, a
new vice is appointed. That is
the American constitution and
that was what we adopted.
Based on this, on the day we
agreed to this, I was elected the
vice chairman under Saraki.
That was in 2009. It was by
consensus, the governors said
let Peter Obi be the vice
Chairman. That was how I
became the vice chairman.
How come there is a problem of
re-election?
It is not supposed to be. That
document is doctored. What we
adopted has no provision for re-
election . The American
Governors’ Forum constitution
says after two years, the vice
will automatically take over. So,
there is no issue of reelection .
This like an NGO of equal
partners.
After I served for two years,
when it was 2011 they brought
the issue of PDP being the
majority party. I was the only
APGA governor then. They
zoned it to the South-East, the
then four PDP governors in the
south east signed and said they
wanted me. At that stage, they
decided to look for another
zone. That was how
Amaechicame into being.
But we understand that a
section on non-re-election was
amended at the Corporate
Affairs Commission?
Let me tell you, all those things
were not approved by anybody .
They doctored it. I am one man
who attends every meeting, I
can’t remember ever sitting
down and adopting the
constitution you are talking
about.
Was there truly an election,
what happened?
As far as I am concerned, in
Kwara , aparticular governor
said they should not conduct
election in Kwara because we do
not have a quorum . He was
told that a quorum is 12 .
Andeven in this constitution,
they are quoting now, our
quorum remains 12. If the
quorum is 12 and 12 don’t want
you, that means you should
even not contest.
And the 18 are saying, you don’t
recognize him?
If the quorum says it is 12 and
12 do not want you , the game
should be up, I don’t see
anything anybody will stay a
day longer for.
As we speak to you now, who is
the chairman of NGF?
For me, for our zone, our
support goes to Jang. Let me tell
you my stand on this, I support
Jang based on consensus and
based on the agreement of my
zone.
Do you feel bad that Amaechi is
insisting on re-election when he
knows how he himself emerged?
The way I see it is that it is a
voluntary organisation which
nobodyshould insist on being
the chairman . If the quorum is
12 and 12 people have said no, it
should end there.
Meanwhile, Governor Fayemi
has described Amaechi’s re-
election as victory for
democracy, saying that the
decision of the forum to opt for
election instead of consensus
was as a result of democratic
growth.
Fayemi, who spoke with
journalists at his Ishan-Ekiti
country home at the weekend,
however urged Nigerians to see
the emergence of Amaechi as
strictly a demonstration of his
colleagues’ confidence in his
leadership of the Forum and not
a victory over the Presidency.
Fayemi said: “It is a contest
among governors for the
chairmanship position and it
would be wrong for anyone to
consider it a contest between
President Goodluck Jonathan
and Amaechi as the President
was not a contestant.”
Fayemi described as “sad”
comments by the anti-Amaechi
governors that the NGF election
was rigged. According to him, it
is sad and soilingthe integrity of
anyone who holds such a belief.
He added that the election
which was recorded on tape was
one of the most credible he had
witnessed.
In a related development, Jang
has pledged to unite the
governors’ forum.
The governor who stated this
yesterday at the Yakubu Gowon
Airport in Jos shortly after his
arrival from Abuja where he
emerged as theChairman of the
NGF, said he never bargained
for the position, but out of God’s
work he emerged.
He pledged to give the forum
the best, stressing that the NGF
should not divide the Governors
Forum. Meanwhile, Plateau
citizens came outen-masse to
celebrate his emergence with
many saying they were caught
unawares as they never
expected it.
h
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by God4memi: 6:53am On May 29, 2013
barcanista: Mr man you be LIAR. Majority of Rivers Indigens are SICK And tired of that traitor. he's on his own. stop lying next time. I'm a FULL BLOODED rivers indigen and My People is with DR. JONATHAN not wit one yeye traitor governor.

Whether u are an indigene or nt doesn't count.I've been in ph 4 over 9yrs. I'm married there with children. Amaechi is far better than previous regime.come home and see the roads and the schools all over d state. Seeing is believing. D guy is good.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by gratiaeo(m): 6:55am On May 29, 2013
okpara ugo:

Which truth? Okorocha is nothing but APC apologist trying to score cheap political point
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by adexway(m): 7:05am On May 29, 2013
payless: Good man called Rochas. This man deserves to be our President. Rochas is man of the people. He is not an ethnic or religious bigot.
Ok. So because Rochas is being honest with the result of the governor's forum, he deserves a shot at presidency. You're joking, abi? Rochas is another schemist, go and ask if you dont know. He deserves nothing but a vacation in orlu.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by sexybol(m): 7:33am On May 29, 2013
Pontaboki :
Am in Owerri and you are my Governor,but sincerely you are a fool.You have just again closed down the Market for the second time in 2days over nothing.Now your APC masters have told you to open your mouth to say Nonsense,my happiness is that you Know Imo People are not with you in this your APC journey.You how you won election,everybody fought for you,ask yourself how many of those common men on the street are still with you today.Come 2015,the North will not make you Vice Presiden[/b]t and you will be the final loser.[b]Amadioha Eligwe gbagbue kwa gi!

My brother i believe you have something against APC, North and Okrocha but thats not enough not believe the truth. This man has just told the world what happened and you calling amadi to do what ever(Does amadi work with liars r those saying the truth) yet you r clamoring for a change and you r supporting the liars and calling the truth a puppet show. My brother relax before ur amdi strike u!!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by gabinogem(m): 7:53am On May 29, 2013
God4memi:

Whether u are an indigene or nt doesn't count.I've been in ph 4 over 9yrs. I'm married there with children. Amaechi is far better than previous regime.come home and see the roads and the schools all over d state. Seeing is believing. D guy is good.
which roads, which schools?! Mr man, i hope it's d rivers state i'm in u are talking about. As a matter of fact amaechi has made life unbearable for both indigene and both non-indigene in d state...
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Emmyimo(m): 8:05am On May 29, 2013
pls Rochas should go nd sit down,hes my governor yes but he ve lost the faith we hv in him
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by EASTSIDAZ: 8:10am On May 29, 2013
Pontaboki :

SECONDED
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by NoContract(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2013
How does the NGF affect the price of garri?

Cause I no understand what the hulabaloo about this NGF thing be, since last week oo.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 8:20am On May 29, 2013
Rochas haters! Go hug transformer
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by maclatunji: 8:26am On May 29, 2013
owobokiri: The governors forum should be abolished. Jonathan should then declare "no victor- no vanquished" Amechi style! It is nothing but a weird invention that serves no useful purpose other than to massage the ballooning egos of some wayward state chief executives. This group should be scattered and members forced to be more productive in their states with impeachment threats from Abuja dangling over their capitals like the sword of Damocles. . Okorocha should also learn where to draw the line between defending his personal interests and fighting for his states. His APC is DOD in Imo. Turning Imo into a hotbed of opposition politics when the state can do with a lot of federal help is counter productive and should be stopped. As productive as his two years in power has been, he should always remember that one of the main propaganda tools deployed against him by the opposition before his election was the charge that he was a northern stooge. Some of his recent actions and outbursts don't seem to help in changing this deep rooted perception. .

It is a registered corporate body with internal mechanisms that produced Amaechi as chairman. Those making noise are unpatriotic elements looking out for their selfish interests.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by gerald09(m): 8:43am On May 29, 2013
My vex is that ameachi is busy asking for help from the public and he is fighting for the right thing yet he has abandoned his state everything on stand still and he wants he people to help him yet he doesn't care about d same people
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 8:50am On May 29, 2013
gabinogem: which roads, which schools?! Mr man, i hope it's d rivers state i'm in u are talking about. As a matter of fact amaechi has made life unbearable for both indigene and both non-indigene in d state...
Don't mind that bufo0n of a mad man. He just came to rivers for only 9 years from his slump thinking he has seen development. He doesn't know what PHC used to be like or he failed to asked why Phc is called Garden City. RSUST is on strike-something that NEVER happened during Odili regime except for the general ASUU strike. Odili provided free transport to secondary/primary school kids, Odili constructed roads, Free Train movement for Undergraduate and School children, Odili provided Skills empowerment program for youths, graduate and undergraduates and PAY them as at when due etc. inasmuch as i loathe Peter Odili for concentrating more on PHC, i prefer 1billion Odili to Northern Stooge and noisemaker Amaechi. The core north and APC/ACN are apologist of Amaechi simply because they planted him as judas to get power from Jonathan through the back door and by betrayal. But Dr. Jonathan is seriously disappointing them and frustrate their efforts. I hope Amaechi relocates to Maiduguri or Osogbo after his impeachment cos RIVERS state will not contain him and the entire IJAW nation-oh i forgot he'd first spend some decades in prison. hahaha. Ibori on my mind
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Rohzay(m): 8:53am On May 29, 2013
Pontaboki :
........people lyk u shld b removed frm OUR imo state of mind
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Pontaboki: 8:58am On May 29, 2013
I know you don't stay in Owerri,that's why you are saying this.This man is a very good Liar,he will not decieve us in Imo Again.He is scheming for the Vice Presidential slot against the well being of Imo People.
payless:

I know you can't be a good Christian with all these curses on your Governor. When you point one finger at someone, the remaining four fingers pointing at you.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by goldfish80(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2013
Sunehri_145:
You are lying! Peter obi did not declear anybody winner in his speech.
Obi actually said Amechi is ineligible to contest,because theres no room for re-election.hence,he's. Aligning himself to Jonah Jang faction.I wonder,if these 36 guys cant organize an election amongst themselves, one can safely say Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by chiborado: 9:20am On May 29, 2013
Rochas is just doing abrakadabra in Imo state. Am really disappointed. He's just like Udenwa, ohakim. Gov Mbakwe finished all the work in Owr munincipal and environs, why are these new generation Governors kept on recycling and renovating Owerri main town while there are severall linking roads to some major LGAs that needs serious attention. Towns in Owerri North and West are suffering to connect from home to state capital.several promises yet to be fulfilled. Its quite disheartening. Just used pouring of laterite to do people poopi like all the roads will be done in a flash. Not even to mention other aspect of infrastructura dev. Its over two years now, before you know it another two is gone! I still give to Gov Mimiko of Ondo state,I have spent 4 yrs in that state now and have been in almost all the local Govt Area. There's no place U won't see a significant mark left by his govt. I his 1st two years, he was able to do what Agagu couldn't do in 6 yrs. Rochas pls try and prove to us U are what U made us believe U are.But first U must disassociate ur govt with those failed 419ers serving as either spiritual adviser, protocol officer etc.They are the ones stifling progress in Imo state and dragging ur name to the mud.
Re: Okorocha - NGF Election Was Credible, Amaechi Won by Nobody: 9:23am On May 29, 2013
femmy2010: Just 36 voters and we are still hearing of Rigging?
This is bad for Nigeria.

lwkmd! Finally, just 36-man voting that was done behind closed bars.

But i watched d programme, and Amaechi won Jang.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Gospel Of Change According To "Saint" APC / ​Ossiomo Power Plant Begins 24-Hour Power Supply To Facilities In Edo State / Kanu’s Family Warns Against Burning Of Govt Properties In Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.