Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? (19189 Views)

Marriage To A Non-muslim / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Tijay90(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
Tijay90: Well...I dunno know the answer to @op's(self-justifying,pity-soliciting)qwestion.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Policewoman: I THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT ANSWER TO THE QUESTION THE O.P ASKED.

The NLFT is a christian organisation that converts people in India to Christianity by FORCE
You think they don't mention that name while converting people?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Liberation_Front_of_Tripura
The National Liberation Front of Tripura (or NLFT) is a Tripuri nationalist militant organization based in Tripura, India.[2][3][4][5] The NLFT seeks to secede from India and establish an independent Tripuri state, and has actively participated in the Tripura Rebellion. The NLFT manifesto says that they want to expand what they describe as the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura.

The Government of the state of Tripura claimed to have uncovered evidence to support the assertion that the Baptist Church of Tripura has been funding the terrorists. The NLFT has been accused of forcing local tribals to convert to Christianity at gunpoint.[9] They have also opened fire on Hindu worshippers and ransacked celebrations of Durga Puja.

The NLFT is currently proscribed as a terrorist organization in India.

Or the Lord Resistance Army in Congo/Uganda do not?
And Hutaree?

Christian terrorist organisations actually fight and terrorise in the name of Christianity!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tintingz(m): 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
jmoore: Because Muslim terrorists start to chant "Allah Ackbar!" as they are about to unleash their terror.
you dont know about the terrorist crusaders that chant ''Jesus killed Mohammed''
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by joshuaidibia(m): 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
maclatunji: People, it is not a must that you must comment. You do not know the answer to the question asked on this thread? Just ignore, no need to try to derail the topic.

hahahaha. they answered the question.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by maclatunji: 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
jmoore: HAHAHAHA!!! you hid my post because I exposed the truth

Are you afraid of your own Koran? I quoted the verses in koran that supported the terror attacks and it was hidden. Keep deceiving yourselves. smh

No, my self-promoting thread derailer. What have those quotes got to do with coverage of non-Muslim terrorists by the media? You can't tell me there is a correlation.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by jmoore(m): 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
maclatunji:

No, my self-promoting thread derailer. What have those quotes got to do with coverage of non-Muslim terrorists by the media? You can't tell me there is a correlation.

Close the thread, you have gotten enough answers. smh
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by maclatunji: 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
Tijay90: Well...I dunno know the answer to @op's(self-justifying,pity-soliciting)qwestion.

Fixed.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
maclatunji:

but bros e,he answered somebody question now! A question or better still a challenge by a muslim brother now.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by SensibleMusa: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
What exactly is this post meant to potray?

I really don't like when people kill in the name of Allah because they don't understand the holy book!
I hate it when some useless people defend these poor, uneducated, ignorant souls that believe they are doing Allah's will.

Dearest OP, When some people start killing in the name of a peace loving religion, then I might join you in your indecent comparison.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by ziccoit: 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
There is a primary school in my area with handful population of pupils-the leaders of tomorrow. The school has about 10 pupils who are Christians. Yes about 10 in total! Simply because the public school is christened Methodist primary school, the school authority mandate that morning devotion should be in Christian ways; IRS should not be taught in the class; no teacher should wear hijab etc.
Yet, the others schools in my area christened Ansar-u-deen, Ansar-u-Islam etc allows days in a week for Christian devotion; make provision for CRS etc.

I just don't know where to place them. Hypocracy may be too subtle.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
toshmann:

Is it possible that the highlighted part is why it wasn't emphasized in nairaland ?

No. This also happened in India. It was even in a remote village while the one the one they left out on Nairaland happened in an urban community. Somehow they found it and posted it on Nairaland because it happened in a Muslim community
https://www.nairaland.com/1124871/indian-village-bans-use-cellphones

I assure that if the deaconess that was conducting virginity test on students in a secondary school in Ogun State had been a Muslim, Islam, rather than the woman, would have been the focus of the comments on Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/1137091/principal-trouble-allegedly-conducting-virginity

Similarly if the 40 bodies that were found on Ezu River had happened in a state dominated by Christians, it would have been attributed to Islam

My point? Christians on Nairaland don't mind terrorism or violent acts UNLESS it was done by Muslims
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
SensibleMusa: What exactly is this post meant to potray?

I really don't like when people kill in the name of Allah because they don't understand the holy book!
I hate it when some useless people defend these poor, uneducated, ignorant souls that believe they are doing Allah's will.

Dearest OP, When some people start killing in the name of a peace loving religion, then I might join you in your indecent comparison.

So you don't mind the NLFT, LRA and Hutaree?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by omoredia: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
Cos there are none! I'm sure you'll be educated enough to call a spade a spade and stop being sentimental.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by riloxy(m): 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hmmm! nawa oo. See as people dey shout, na una noise awake no from sleep.. My contributn be say, how many true facts do u know about your counterpart's religion? Have tv ever read through ur counterpart's scripture to establish facts. For peace to reign in this world we have to work hand io hand regardless of your religion. As for me I dont want to believe in (woni wonpe) what other people say about other people.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
toshmann:

A gunman is someone who for some reason has gone crazy and is shooting and killing people.

A terrorist has an agenda. Usually not acting alone. Intends to affect policy decision via violence.

The Muslim who went crazy in Texas fort hood massacre is yet to be convicted (I guess). The justice department is yet to classify him as terrorist bc his actions are yet to be fully defined as terrorism. And he's a Muslim o.

So the terminology ( terrorist vs gunman ) depends on the motive of the violence. But let me ask, is tht your main problem? Whether gunman or terrorist, the name is of little importance to me. They are both despicable. So there's no advantage therein for either nomenclature.

WAS BREVIK NOT ACTING ALONE

Based on your understanding, he was not a terrorist, what kind of reasoning is that?? A single gunman can have an agenda as well, no matter how sick.

The problem is the definition of a terrorist is not clear..

There have been many single-man 'terror plots' which were actually entrapment by the FBI. Those guys were still called terrorists and they were acting alone.

So what exactly is a terrorist??

The fort hood gunman is still called a terrorist by media outlets.. Is that not the focus of this thread?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
Paschal007: I don't understand. If these terror acts were not covered by media how are you guys able to report it?

The gun violence in America are usually well detailed and covered by the media. You terrorist sympathizers can do better now. undecided

Besides no one is stopping you from running ya own media.

So why do you guys still bring acts committed to Nairaland to comment upon
Why are you not just satisfied with only the media coverage

How am I a terrorist symphatiser and you are not?
You don't like Alqaeda and Boko Haram; I detest them too
You love the NLFT converting people by force to Christianity in India but I hate them
You tolerate the LRA engaged in senseless killing of non-Christians in Congo but I detest them
You symphatise with the Christian militant group Hutaree while I frown at their acts

I despise violence against innocent people everywhere, you are selective in your choice of terrorists that you condemn
You find Muslim terror groups unacceptable but to you, the motives of Christian terror groups should be understood!
Sir, I believe that you are about to take over from Rev king to prepare you for your next assignment as Head of NLFT in India!!
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by siddiq202(m): 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

The NLFT is a christian organisation that converts people in India to Christianity by FORCE
You think they don't mention that name while converting people?

The NLFT is currently proscribed as a terrorist organization in India.

Or the Lord Resistance Army in Congo/Uganda do not?
And Hutaree?

Christian terrorist organisations actually fight and terrorise in the name of Christianity!
You just educate some people I tell you. Well done bro
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
"Why are there so few Muslim terrorists? With more than a billion Muslims in the world—many of whom supposedly hate the West and ardently desire martyrdom—why don't we see terrorist attacks every day? Where are the missing martyrs? "

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Missing-Martyrs-There-Muslim-Terrorists/dp/0199766878

An interesting analysis of Europol’s data on terrorist attacks:

"Once again, a minuscule percentage of terrorist attacks in Europe were committed by Muslims. In 2009 and 2010, there were a grand total of 543 terrorist attacks, of which only 4 were committed by Muslims. This means that only 0.7% of terrorist attacks–again, less than 1%–were committed by Muslims.

Meanwhile, in that same time frame, separatist groups in Europe committed 397 terrorist attacks, or 73% of terrorist attacks overall. In other words, separatist groups committed 99.2 times (almost 100 times) more terrorist attacks than Muslims."

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/11/updated-europol-data-less-than-1-of-terrorist-attacks-by-muslims/

All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t

"CNN recently published an article entitled Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated; according to a study released by Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “the terrorist threat posed by radicalized Muslim-Americans has been exaggerated.”

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Daresh(f): 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
Abeg get over yourselves jor, you think anybody has time to pursue you cos you are Muslims? Ol boi get over ur selves cos we couldn't be bothered
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Fussbot: 10:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

So you don't mind the NLFT, LRA and Hutaree?
bros,na dust u dey yarn

I,like so many people on dis thread avn't heard dis names b4(cus dey are less harmful)

But at d mention of AL---am sure 90% of people on dis thread already knows d name I wanted to write,simply cus?dat's d dfrnc...
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
^ That is exactly why the question on this thread was asked??
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by stone07(m): 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
ziccoit: There is a primary school in my area with handful population of pupils-the leaders of tomorrow. The school has about 10 pupils who are Christians. Yes about 10 in total! Simply because the public school is christened Methodist primary school, the school authority mandate that morning devotion should be in Christian ways; IRS should not be taught in the class; no teacher should wear hijab etc.
Yet, the others schools in my area christened Ansar-u-deen, Ansar-u-Islam etc allows days in a week for Christian devotion; make provision for CRS etc.

I just don't know where to place them. Hypocracy may be too subtle.
Like yoruba people wll say. "if nah mad man kill ur mother,if u see mechanic, make u run. So u expect someone boko haram killd his or her relatives in Maiduguri to be making friends with muslims? You cant expect d school to be offering i.r.s wen dey know how alumangiri is being groom in d northern schools. Oboy no dey compare white things with black.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Fussbot: 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

So why do you guys still bring acts committed to Nairaland to comment upon
Why are you not just satisfied with only the media coverage

How am I a terrorist symphatiser and you are not?
You don't like Alqaeda and Boko Haram; I detest them too
You love the NLFT converting people by force to Christianity in India but I hate them
You tolerate the LRA engaged in senseless killing of non-Christians in Congo but I detest them
You symphatise with the Christian militant group Hutaree while I frown at their acts

I despise violence against innocent people everywhere, you are selective in your choice of terrorists that you condemn
You find Muslim terror groups unacceptable but to you, the motives of Christian terror groups should be understood!
Sir, I believe that you are about to take over from Rev king to prepare you for your next assignment as Head of NLFT in India!!
wia av anyone said dey support d motives of d christian terror groups?d groups we don't even know?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
^Exactly!! That is why the thread was written...
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
Fussbot: bros,na dust u dey yarn

I,like so many people on dis thread avn't heard dis names b4(cus dey are less harmful)

But at d mention of AL---am sure 90% of people on dis thread already knows d name I wanted to write,simply cus?dat's d dfrnc...

How do you define harm?
How many people in the US have heard of Ombatse? But they killed more than 100 policemen in one day!
The problem with us is that we don't really pause to reflect on the bias that we are subjected to

We fear and focus on what the press feed us!

Look at this!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/21/boston-marathon-bombs-us-gun-law
Why does America lose its head over 'terror' but ignore its daily gun deaths?
The same day of the marathon bombing in Boston, 11 Americans were murdered by guns

At the same time that investigators were in the midst of a high-profile manhunt for the marathon bombers that ended on Friday evening, 38 more Americans – with little fanfare – died from gun violence. One was a 22-year old resident of Boston. They are a tiny percentage of the 3,531 Americans killed by guns in the past four months – a total that surpasses the number of Americans who died on 9/11 and is one fewer than the number of US soldiers who lost their lives in combat operations in Iraq.

I don't belittle any crime, but we should put matters in RIGHT perspectives when we comment!
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tintingz(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
[size=16pt]‘Christian warrior’ charged with firebombing Oregon mosque[/size]

A 24-year-old Oregon man — who told police that he was a “Christian warrior” — has been charged with a hate crime for allegedly firebombing a mosque last November.

Cody Crawford faces 10 to 30 years if convicted of firebombing the Salman Alfarisi Islamic Center, which is about 200 feet from his house. Although his DNA has been connected to the crime scene, Crawford has maintained that he’s “100 percent innocent.” In an unrelated incident, Crawford had ranted to police about Muslims, according to court documents.

“You look like Obama,” he said to a McMinnville officer in December. “You are a Muslim like him. Jihad goes both ways. Christians can jihad too.”

The documents reveal that Crawford also told authorities that “only Christians could understand him, that he was a Christian warrior that they were persecuting.”
www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/08/christian-warrior-charged-with-firebombing-oregon-mosque/

If it was a muslim that called himself a ''muslim warrior'' we will all hear it in the media and the non-muslim will start shouting 72 virgins...now this man called himself a ''christian warrior'' his he also expecting his 100 wives in heaven??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Starts Operation-Wear-Himar (Hijab) Campaign / Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" / Renovation Of The Roof Of The Holy Ka’bah In 1377AH (1957))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.