Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States (16258 Views)

Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months / Shuaibu Salisu: I Delivered $47m In 11 Suitcases To Dasuki - The Nation / PENGASSAN, NUPENG Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Smhart1(f): 1:29am On Jun 01, 2013
Wetin Amossun dey take teachers money do....#chei#
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by ZnO: 1:30am On Jun 01, 2013
Three ACN state Ekiti, Ogun and Edo, no fit pay. Dead broke, educationally backward states.
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by ZnO: 1:34am On Jun 01, 2013
Ebonyi should be removed from SE and added to MB
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Paschal007: 1:41am On Jun 01, 2013
The teachers are protesting against the non-payment of their 27.5 per cent enhanced salary scale and N18, 000 minimum wages.
The states are Cross River, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Ogun, Edo, Kogi, Niger, Borno, Benue, Zamfara and Sokoto.
haaa!!! Even SW states that were boasting of having bigger state budget than SE states can't pay 18k minimum wage? shocked chei
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by gerald09(m): 1:44am On Jun 01, 2013
Abeg oh dis people shuld not go on strike dey are already so many idol youth out there if they wait for the government people children go dey house for years even una own too. Be wise, if the govt have not payed it by nw what makes una fink dey can be threatened, eventually all u get are 25yr olds trying to finish high school. U people shuld look for another approach please the educational system is @ d edge of collapse make una no follow push am down hill.
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Nobody: 2:32am On Jun 01, 2013
So Abia state Uni don finish strike? grin
The 20 years strike don end?
We praise God.
I hope my 40years old recent undergraduates will find jobs.

As for Ekiti....una wan follow follow style abi? smh
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Tigerhead: 2:41am On Jun 01, 2013
It is GEJ's fault. He should have become the Governor of the all the states concerned and paid the salaries and allowances they are demanding.

Just helping the haters out is all.

1 Like

Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Nobody: 3:01am On Jun 01, 2013
ZnO: Ebonyi should be removed from SE and added to MB
lol, I don laugh tire.
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by churific(m): 3:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Only 11? There should be a strike in all 36 states for all public schools. How can we expect our country to prosper and become more developed if we can't take our greatest assets, teachers, seriously!

We treat our teachers like trash...who do you expect to produce the next doctors, lawyer, etc?
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by tinnymerit(m): 3:12am On Jun 01, 2013
kalunomics: Look at how they are complaining about like they really do the job they are asking for the payment. I thought they've turned their staff room to markets, they should be able to make money out of it. grin

Government should instill tough punitive measures, if not dismissal, to teachers whom out-rightly miss schools and skip classes in a bid to fish out the culprits and curb this menace because there are a few who are committed to their job that deserves their salaries.

But wait, what is the reason of the government for owing them?
So if ur parents are teachers you will pray they should depend on 9k minimum wage when their levels in other states are collecting 18k.How much is even 18k self?.That should be around 120 dollars or so.I could remember the time of Abacha must go saga in which you will see landlords putting to let as this ''HOUSE TO LET NOT FOT TEACHERS'''is that a good omen for teachers or must their rewards be in heaven when that of politricians and pocketicians are right here?.
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by cfc: 3:36am On Jun 01, 2013
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by folafola(m): 5:29am On Jun 01, 2013
kalunomics: Look at how they are complaining about like they really do the job they are asking for the payment. I thought they've turned their staff room to markets, they should be able to make money out of it. grin

Government should instill tough punitive measures, if not dismissal, to teachers whom out-rightly miss schools and skip classes in a bid to fish out the culprits and curb this menace because there are a few who are committed to their job that deserves their salaries.

see you na you dey sing na you dey dance, teachers are great no controversy
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Acidosis(m): 6:03am On Jun 01, 2013
babyosisi: Backward states oshebay! Hey!
Dem no fit pay their teachers minimum wage ,after now some eediots will be shouting PDP this,PDP that
Now we know the poorest places in Nigeria wey no wan pay teachers while their governors are getting richer

The leading states in education e.g ,Imo,Anambra ,Rivers,Abia and Delta no dey among
Are we surprised?

Lol.. Leading states in education hahahaahaha

How come you didn't list states with over 6 LEGAL universities e.g Ogun, Lagos, NOT Tianshin cementary university, Umaiaha grin grin grin 'John Hopkin' grin University of Trade & Investment, Onitsha grin grin

Lol.. @Abia, Anambra.. Una dey go school?? grin

Your love for your kinsmen is so obvious. cheesy carry go, na your season...

Don't forget to include other Igbo dominated states.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Acidosis:
Lol.. @Abia, Anambra.. Una dey go school?? grin

My brother, the thing funny die grin

I think they're simply tired, give them another month to pick up where they left off grin grin

Texas.Cowgirl:
So Abia state Uni don finish strike? grin
The 20 years strike don end?
We praise God.
I hope my 40years old recent undergraduates will find jobs.

As for Ekiti....una wan follow follow style abi? smh

1 Like

Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Acidosis(m): 6:07am On Jun 01, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

My brother, the thing funny die grin

I think they're simply tired, give them another month to pick up where they left off grin grin

grin grin grin sist, I tire ooooo grin

We are talking of quality education here... madam is talking about illegal education grin
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 01, 2013
Abia State University University Shut Down Till Further further notice?

Have they put a date on "till further notice"? Since 2012....

http://www.kanyiokeke.com/2012/10/abia-state-university-university-shut.html#sthash.VHpf88bT.dpbs

Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by kalunomics(m): 6:11am On Jun 01, 2013
If I catch u eh? U wan turn me to semi Aboki? grin
If I catch u eh? U wan turn me to semi Aboki?
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 01, 2013
Acidosis:

grin grin grin sist, I tire ooooo grin

We are talking of quality education here... madam is talking about illegal education grin

Lol we cant expect Illegal schools to go on strike now
Na muscle flexing be that
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Acidosis(m): 6:24am On Jun 01, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Abia State University University Shut Down Till Further further notice?

Have they put a date on "till further notice"? Since 2012....

http://www.kanyiokeke.com/2012/10/abia-state-university-university-shut.html#sthash.VHpf88bT.dpbs

grin grin
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Acidosis(m): 6:26am On Jun 01, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Lol we cant expect Illegal schools to go on strike now
Na muscle flexing be that

grin Yes ooo... True talk
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by kalunomics(m): 6:35am On Jun 01, 2013
tinnymerit:
So if ur parents are teachers you will pray they should depend on 9k minimum wage when their levels in other states are collecting 18k.How much is even 18k self?.That should be around 120 dollars or so.I could remember the time of Abacha must go saga in which you will see landlords putting to let as this ''HOUSE TO LET NOT FOT TEACHERS'''is that a good omen for teachers or must their rewards be in heaven when that of politricians and pocketicians are right here?.
Am not advocating Government owing them but rather will want them to implement the new salary structure all over the 36 states.
What I am pointing out here is public school teachers lackadaisical attitude towards their vocation which is part of the reason why Nigeria is where it is today. We are always fast to point fingers on our public office holder when nobody is ever ready to give in his/her best when it comes to government-runned establishments.

None of them would want to register their child/ward in public schools where they teach.
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Acidosis(m): 6:38am On Jun 01, 2013
kalunomics: If I catch u eh? U wan turn me to semi Aboki? ;DIf I catch u eh? U wan turn me to semi Aboki?

Look at this young man!

You no happy say u wan come north central?? abeg we don't need your type here self...!!

The newly "refurbished" Ajaokuta steel alone in Kogi state can accomodate all the employed and the unemployed people of Ebonyi including your governor a good job, a better life...

Dangote Cement in Obajana in Kogi st (The largest in west africa) alone can provide jobs for the next generation of Ebonyi citizens..

Do I also need to tell you your brothers in Anambra are already trying to possess the Oil in the land of Kogi?

Just to mention few

We can save y'all from this pestinence in Ebonyi. grin Starvation may strike soon, be warned.

Tell your gubernatorial dullards to come beg Idris Wada in Lugard's house, Lokoja... grin grin
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by JoelFelix(m): 6:56am On Jun 01, 2013
gramci: Teachers need all the support they can get
i support you 100%
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by ignis: 7:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Please, somebody tell me, Is it only Primary school teachers embarking on this strike or Secondary school teachers inclusive? Because am serving in one village secondary school here in cross river state. I can't wait to go home.
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by rodeo0070(m): 7:39am On Jun 01, 2013
It has become an habit in this country to owe and deprive teachers their pay in this country, (ever since I've been able to pronounce the word "teacher"). Every administration, be democratically elected or the military, is guilty of this. They do consider teachers as less than human and at the end of the day, they'd say "teachers reward is in heaven".
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 01, 2013

where did u hear that they've turned classrooms into markets?.....pls be sure of what u say before posting for the public to see.
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by linuster(m): 7:46am On Jun 01, 2013
De stiuation is eorst in benue 4 teachers r nt pay at wen due
Justosaus:

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/teachers-begin-strike-in-11-states/
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by iwanchop(m): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2013
Even Oshiomole..hmm
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by alaricsaltzman: 8:13am On Jun 01, 2013
I've been following dis strike Ish 4 2 months now and it is suppose 2 be 19 states including Enugu!!! Y is it now just 11 states?? Y evil??
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by EasternLeopard: 8:38am On Jun 01, 2013
[quote author=kalunomics]
What I am pointing out here is public school teachers lackadaisical attitude 2wards their vocation which is part of d reason y Nigeria is where it is 2day.[color=#006600] So u xpect a teacher earning 18k to be focused. If not 4 Jesus I would have
Re: Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States by bigmom: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2013
[quote author=brownlord]Abeg if teachers go on strike shei even corpers self no go go school? chai thank you Jesus, i don first tire self, abeg shei Osun state join the state.

Chai NUT include Osun now lazy lazy corper commot for road

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FFk: Any Party That Doesn't Respect The Yoruba People Will lose the presidency / Ninth House Of Reps status: APC Has 211 Members, PDP 111- Punch newspaper / Presidential Panel Recommends Probe Of David Mark, Stella Oduah, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.