Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? (1499 Views)

Christians, I Have A Problem / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Where Did God Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yes, we atheists and the sceintists as well do not know where the first life came from. We dont.

Since you know better than the scientists that it is God that brought the first life. Can you explain-

-how he did it
-when he put the first life
-and where God came from

Sorry but you must answer these questions. When some of your brethren mock evolution, we answer the questions

-how evolution works
-the timeline of human evolution
-the nature of the earliest life forms we know]
-the fossil and dna evidence for common descent
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
"you atheists think life came from nothing and the big bang came from nothing"

Seriously, I am tired of that falsehood and failed argument.

Where does your God come from? Isnt it from nothing as well?
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Emusan(m): 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03: Yes, we atheists and the sceintists as well do not know where the first life came from. We dont.

Since you know better than the scientists that it is God that brought the first life. Can you explain-

-how he did it
-when he put the first life
-and where God came from
This is the major questions that make God to be omniscient and all-knowing being.
Turn your Bible to Genesis 2:7

Who created God? Childish question. If you truly want to know who created God, why can't you move closer to Him so that you can ask Him how He was created?

Sorry but you must answer these questions. When some of your brethren mock evolution, we answer the questions

-how evolution works
-the timeline of human evolution
-the nature of the earliest life forms we know]
-the fossil and dna evidence for common descent

when they ask you, you said evolution work through mutation and mutations never causes a gain genetic information rather than loss genetic information.

Nature of life by miller-urey's experiment that produce equal right and left handed amino when all organisms use only left amino.
Even to produce amino is not the major problem but how to arrange thenselves, did miller-urey do that?

You're still clamouring about human from ape when it has been refuted (I believe you created this thread yesterday https://www.nairaland.com/1309560/one-13-people-ape-like-feet )

so stop deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Emusan(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03: "you atheists think life came from nothing and the big bang came from nothing"

Seriously, I am tired of that falsehood and failed argument.

Where does your God come from? Isnt it from nothing as well?

Stop behaving like a kid, this is old time question.

1 Like

Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
Emusan:
This is the major questions that make God to be omniscient and all-knowing being.
Turn your Bible to Genesis 2:7

Who created God? Childish question. If you truly want to know who created God, why can't you move closer to Him so that you can ask Him how He was created?

Guy, just shut up and answer the qustion. Dont tell me to ask God.

If I went to the middle of the church and asked "God where did you come from"....your christian bros will definitely say that I am mad despite the irony...

Answer the question since you are a child of God. I can tell you where my father came from. Where does your heavenly father come from? Nothing?
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Emusan(m): 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy, just shut up and answer the qustion. Dont tell me to ask God.

If I went to the middle of the church and asked "God where did you come from"....your christian bros will definitely say that I am mad despite the irony...

Answer the question since you are a child of God. I can tell you where my father came from. Where does your heavenly father come from? Nothing?

You said I should answer when your own answer is invalid.

See you is it by going to church that will make you more closer to God?
If you truly want to move closer to Him then I can guide you.

@bold- I can't stop laughing, ofcourse they will do. Did you know what cause Moses to see just the back view of God?

Guy, God still remains the highest supreme being.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by nep2ra(m): 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
*sipping my Jack Daniels* Make I laff belle scatter. Nothing do una. Happy Sunday.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
Emusan:

@bold- I can't stop laughing, ofcourse they will do. Did you know what cause Moses to see just the back view of God?

Since you are close to him, you should either know or be able to ask him where he came from.

Where did God come from?
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Emusan:

Exodus 33:11
King James Version (KJV)
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Moses had seen God. Jesus saw him too. You people claimed he created Heaven and Earth. Where was he before he created heaven and Earth?
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by manmustwac(m): 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
@post
Which of the Gods are you talking about
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
manmustwac: @post
Which of the Gods are you talking about

Asper the op....it's the christian God.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by peterphd(m): 6:06am On Jun 03, 2013
@emusan
You haven't answered the question and you call it childish?I'm sure you had doubts about God as a kid and you were scared with the "don't question God" mantra and you probably are going to do the same thing to your kids lol.It is this invisible man theory that has spoilt Nigerians (youth).They can no longer reason but they wait for God to come and solve all their problems besides, I don't think God would be angry if we asked of his origin afterall,you have to know your lineage very well for you to get a title in the village.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Emusan(m): 7:08am On Jun 03, 2013
peterphd: @emusan
You haven't answered the question and you call it childish?I'm sure you had doubts about God as a kid and you were scared with the "don't question God" mantra and you probably are going to do the same thing to your kids lol.It is this invisible man theory that has spoilt Nigerians (youth).They can no longer reason but they wait for God to come and solve all their problems besides, I don't think God would be angry if we asked of his origin afterall,you have to know your lineage very well for you to get a title in the village.

@FOLYKAZE too,

You may be scared not to question God when you're a kid but I'm not. Questioning God is not a problem the major problem is, is your life worthy to question Him? God-s eyes cannot behold iniquity.

If this question is bordering I think this is the right time to move closer to God and find out yourself instead of asking people.

This same question has prompt many people to know more about God.

If I know where God live before He created universe or who created what does that have to do with eternity I'm pursuing? Even to know where God live or how He was created is none of my business because it's not the guaranty of making heaven, my own is to find out whether He exist and once I was able to that the next thing is to rest my hope and faith upon Him.

I think the question should be, Does God really exist or it's just a work of imagination?
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2013
God came from himself.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2013
^^^ No pun intended. wink
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: ^^^ No pun intended. wink

lol...liar...... grin grin grin
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 03, 2013
Emusan:

@FOLYKAZE too,

You may be scared not to question God when you're a kid but I'm not. Questioning God is not a problem the major problem is, is your life worthy to question Him? God-s eyes cannot behold iniquity.

If this question is bordering I think this is the right time to move closer to God and find out yourself instead of asking people.

If I know where God live before He created universe or who created what does that have to do with eternity I'm pursuing? Even to know where God live or how He was created is none of my business because it's not the guaranty of making heaven, my own is to find out whether He exist and once I was able to that the next thing is to rest my hope and faith upon Him.

I think the question should be, Does God really exist or it's just a work of imagination?
You have succeeded in saying nothing.
The question, let me remind you, is "where did/does God come from?" Please answer it. It's okay if you don't know.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 03, 2013
fresh_dude: You have succeeded in saying nothing.
The question, let me remind you, is "where did/does God come from?" Please answer it. It's okay if you don't know.

Thank you! It is very simple; no merry go round just answer the question- "where does God come from?"
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by nep2ra(m): 8:47am On Jun 03, 2013
There is no shame in saying you don't know where God comes from. Over sabi too dey worry some people. See as that guy just dey fool 'imself. undecided

1 Like

Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 03, 2013
fresh_dude: You have succeeded in saying nothing.

Your question assumes that God had to come from somewhere or that He hasn't always been here. And that is strange because the definition of God for us is that He has always been, He never had to come from anywhere. So, it's hard for us to make sense of your question because it violates the definition of God.

But if you feel like defining this God you have in mind that must come from somewhere in order to be here, then proceed. If you can define such a God, I think you can also tell where He came from.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Your question assumes that God had to come from somewhere or that He hasn't always been here. And that is strange because the definition of God for us is that He has always been, He never had to come from anywhere. So, it's hard for us to make sense of your question because it violates the definition of God.

But if you feel like defining this God you have in mind that must come from somewhere in order to be here, then proceed. If you can define such a God, I think you can also tell where He came from.

In short, your God comes from nothing?

You people say everything has a beginning....so what is God's beginning?

Something cant come from nothing....so your God cant come from nothing
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 03, 2013
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

In short, your God comes from nothing?

No, in short, He never came at all. He's always been here.

You people say everything has a beginning....so what is God's beginning?

We do? I'm sure we don't. We certainly say that everything in Creation had a beginning, but that God Himself did not.

Something cant come from nothing....so your God cant come from nothing

Exactly what we try to tell you about the Big Bangg. God didn't come from nothing because He never came or had to come at all in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 03, 2013
Ihedinobi:

No, in short, He never came at all. He's always been here.

We do? I'm sure we don't. We certainly say that everything in Creation had a beginning, but that God Himself did not.

Exactly what we try to tell you about the Big Bangg. God didn't come from nothing because He never came or had to come at all in the first place.

Wait, God never came, he just existed out of thin air......he wasnt created but just was there.

So God existed just like that and created every other thing out of nothing. But something cant come from nothing.

How can something just exist like that?

Your God makes no sense.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wait, God never came, he just existed out of thin air......he wasnt created but just was there

What's "existed out of thin air"?

Yeah, He wasn't created. He's always been here.

So God existed just like that and created every other thing out of nothing. But something cant come from nothing.

I thought I just agreed with you that something can't come from nothing. Why are you repeating it?

Your God makes no sense.

Well, unless you've stopped being a materialist, you yourself hold that the material universe is all there is. There are two possible answers for how it is here: that it spontaneously came from nothing or that it has always been here.

You have admitted that something can't cone from.nothing, so you must believe that the material universe has always been here. Now, if that makes sense to you, why not God's eternity?
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 03, 2013
Ihedinobi:

What's "existed out of thin air"?

Yeah, He wasn't created. He's always been here.

I thought I just agreed with you that something can't come from nothing. Why are you repeating it?

Well, unless you've stopped being a materialist, you yourself hold that the material universe is all there is. There are two possible answers for how it is here: that it spontaneously came from nothing or that it has always been here.

You have admitted that something can't cone from.nothing, so you must believe that the material universe has always been here. Now, if that makes sense to you, why not God's eternity?

That is the problem with you and your religion. Your religion has incredible answers for things it has no idea about. That arrogance from ignorance is irritating.

How is it possible that something can exist just like that? No history nothing. God just existed like that out of thin air.

God of the gaps. You can not admit that you dont know.....that is arrogance.....you just fill your ignorance with God...

Time is a paradox....You can always point a beginning before a beginning. If the world started at x, what about x-1? If the world started at the big bang, what happened before the big bang? What happened before what happened before the bog bang?

There is no solution for now for the paradox. Scientists and intelligent people admit that they dont know the beginning of the universe. The furthest they know is the big bang theory.

Religious douchebags like you come and say there is a solution. God is uncaused, he created the world. You replace a mystery/paradox with another paradox. There is no such thing as an uncaused cause. what came before God? One can always point to a time before a specific time.

Furthermore, existence is based on time. How can God be outside time when to exist means that you live in the present ("I am is present tense).......ironically, your God is called "I am that I am". So God becomes another paradox again.

Furthermore, if something cant come from nothing, out of what did God create the universe? Because only god is supposed to be eternal. So from which material did God create the universe?
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Emusan(m): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wait, God never came, he just existed out of thin air......he wasnt created but just was there.

Your God makes no sense.

You're still shouting about this, your question even disprove your atheism because what atheist stand upon is "there's no God" whether He came from somewhere or He live somewhere else before the causes is not what atheist is fighting for.
Fundamental belief of atheism is very glering "No God or intelligent design" so for to ask where is God come from? It means you believe He exist but your problem is where He comes from.

Let even assume that Christian didn't know where God come from they just believe by faith, but atheist do claim is different from faith. "Big ba.ng happen by chance and they claim it scientifically but no scientific method has ever applied for us to observed this claim".

All the facts we are talking about happened in the past and we are very lucky if we spend above 100years but why do we know much about the past? if not for assumptions and faith.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Emusan(m): 11:26am On Jun 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

That is the problem with you and your religion. Your religion has incredible answers for things it has no idea about. That arrogance from ignorance is irritating.

How is it possible that something can exist just like that? No history nothing. God just existed like that out of thin air.

God of the gaps. You can not admit that you dont know.....that is arrogance.....you just fill your ignorance with God...

Time is a paradox....You can always point a beginning before a beginning. If the world started at x, what about x-1? If the world started at the big bang, what happened before the big bang? What happened before what happened before the bog bang?

There is no solution for now for the paradox. Scientists and intelligent people admit that they dont know the beginning of the universe. The furthest they know is the big bang theory.

Religious douchebags like you come and say there is a solution. God is uncaused, he created the world. You replace a mystery/paradox with another paradox. There is no such thing as an uncaused cause. what came before God? One can always point to a time before a specific time.

Furthermore, existence is based on time. How can God be outside time when to exist means that you live in the present ("I am is present tense).......ironically, your God is called "I am that I am". So God becomes another paradox again.

Furthermore, if something cant come from nothing, out of what did God create the universe? Because only god is supposed to be eternal. So from which material did God create the universe?

The problem you have is that you always boycott any thread that contain fact.

Cosmos said atmosphere form under the hug temperature from the sun, Bible says atmosphere came before sun appear

Now research has shown that if sun exist before earth appear atmosphere could not form. I created a thread for that Tempearture: evidence for a creator.

Then notice this; if an illitrate Moses wrote it before it was corfirmed then somebody who knows how universe was created would have inspired him. Moses did not say he guess, He said God inspire him.

I created this thread also "What only God could have known"

I created another one again "facts about earth that can't happen by chance" you ignore them because you can't disprove those fact.

Just keep on to what you believe nobody is forcing you to accept God, but what I'm affter is you can't disprove the existence of God scientically.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol. I don't see you proving me and my religion ignorant of anything or offering incredible answers anywhere.

As I have shown, that is as much your question to answer as mine. And I still don't know what "existed out of thin air" means so I can't answer it.

I could also say that you fill your ignorance with arrogant disbelief, couldn't I?

But you cannot ask sensibly, "what happened before time began?" can you? And I have not seen you prove anywhere that time existed before the Big Bang. So your infinite regress is rendered absurd.

Why would you expect scientists to know the beginning of the universe? Is the beginning of the universe a material affair? Does science measure anything outside matter and energy?

What about your position that the univerae has always been here? How is it different from the "paradox" you claim that I offered? And, again, before the Big Bangg, there was no such thing as time, was there? So how do you define "before" the Big Bangg?

What do you mean "to exist means to live in the present"? What does it mean to exist at all? How do you define a condition of existence?

Why would God need material to create anything?
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 03, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. I don't see you proving me and my religion ignorant of anything or offering incredible answers anywhere.

Yawn....I did

Ihedinobi:
As I have shown, that is as much your question to answer as mine. And I still don't know what "existed out of thin air" means so I can't answer it.

Keep feigning ignorance.....

Ihedinobi:
I could also say that you fill your ignorance with arrogant disbelief, couldn't I?

Yes.....that makes sense...fill a bucket with emptiness.....

mtchew.....how can you fill ignorance with disbelief?....emptiness with empty belief?

smh

Ihedinobi:
But you cannot ask sensibly, "what happened before time began?" can you? And I have not seen you prove anywhere that time existed before the Big Bang. So your infinite regress is rendered absurd.

Time never began and it never will end......

If you are talking about the spacetime for our universe, yes, It has a beginning

Time in itself in general can not have a beginning. Are you saying that if God had a watch before the big bang, the watch wouldnt work?

Ihedinobi:
Why would you expect scientists to know the beginning of the universe? Is the beginning of the universe a material affair? Does science measure anything outside matter and energy?

What nonsense are you talking about? The universe is material and so why wouldnt its beginning be material? are you silly? We only know up to a certain point. Scientists do not even know the exact initial conditions of the big bang.

Ihedinobi:
What about your position that the univerae has always been here? How is it different from the "paradox" you claim that I offered? And, again, before the Big Bangg, there was no such thing as time, was there? So how do you define "before" the Big Bangg?

lol.....who said that the universe has always been here? I actually said in the beginning of the op (which you have strawmanned) that I do not know the exact origins of the universe

As for time before the big bang, refer to my above post

Ihedinobi:
What do you mean "to exist means to live in the present"? What does it mean to exist at all? How do you define a condition of existence?

Does your great great grandfather exist? No. He is not presently alive. Presence requires being presently present. No presence, no existence.

Existence is based on time. Outside time? Then you dont exist!

Ihedinobi:
Why would God need material to create anything?

Because something cant come from nothing
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by peterphd(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Emusan:

@FOLYKAZE too,

Your reply brings us to the question of "which God?".You should realise that if God exists he isn't a muslim,christian,Jew,Buddhist or one of the million gods out there so how do you have faith in something you can't really prove to exist?its Not hard to see that these gods are made up and it is belief that gives them power...the human mind is powerful.
Re: Christians, I Am Tired Of This Merry Go Round! Where Does God Come From? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn....I did

Where?

Keep feigning ignorance.....

How am I doing so? You're not just trying to avoid my questions, are you?

Yes.....that makes sense...fill a bucket with emptiness.....

mtchew.....how can you fill ignorance with disbelief?....emptiness with empty belief?

smh

And who says that disbelief is merely the absence of belief? That is mere indifference and can only result from ignorance of the issue.

Disbelief about a given thing is belief about its opposite?

Time never began and it never will end......

If you are talking about the spacetime for our universe, yes, It has a beginning

Time in itself in general can not have a beginning. Are you saying that if God had a watch before the big bang, the watch wouldnt work?

I guess you'll have to define time, since I have no idea what you mean.

What nonsense are you talking about? The universe is material and so why wouldnt its beginning be material? are you silly? We only know up to a certain point. Scientists do not even know the exact initial conditions of the big bang.

If the beginning of the universe is material, then there was no beginning at all because matter which began the univerae must have existed prior to its beginning. In which case, I wonder what your objection to an eternal God without beginning and end really is.

lol.....who said that the universe has always been here? I actually said in the beginning of the op (which you have strawmanned) that I do not know the exact origins of the universe

As for time before the big bang, refer to my above post

Have you ceased to be a materialist? Do you believe that something other than matter exists?

Does your great great grandfather exist? No. He is not presently alive. Presence requires being presently present. No presence, no existence.

Existence is based on time. Outside time? Then you dont exist!

I still do not see the meaning of the condition of existence. Do you plan to supply it at some point?

Because something cant come from nothing

I have an idea what you are trying to say but you yourself are defeating your own argument. Either God by definition created everything out of nothing or else the material universe has always existed and never had a beginning. Which is it, buddy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Et/ufo's -- New Age Assault On Christian Faith / What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? / Is Creationism A Cult?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.