Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31466 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 6:17am On Jun 06, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
Federal Govt should toll all their roads in the SW. Since tolling is accepted in lAGOS, Ikorodu, 3rd Mainland and Apapa and Mile 2 Rds should be tolled. Subsidies in the form oil should also be removed and all existing federal schools should be self autonomous in fund generations via a new fee arrangement
The FG that hasn't thought of fixing those roads for decades. If they expand the roads to 10 lanes, put streetlightings and emergency services along its stretch and its adequately maintained, if they now toll it, Lagosians will gladly pay. Lagos state is already expanding and upgrading Ikorodu road for the FG and it won't be tolled b'cos its located in the middle-class/low-class areas. We Lagosians pay for progress we see not hear about. The day those Mega projects stop uncompleted and the rate of Tolling and Taxation remains the same.....I'll definitely be one of those that will protest.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by BrokenTV: 11:47am On Jun 07, 2013
Eko Ile:

What do you want from me? The lousy PDP 14 year old government is yet to build any bridge and have no intentions of building any so why are you asking me dumb questions? Ask me that dumb and silly question when they start building bridge.

Niger bridge is still a beg beg bridge after 30 years and 14 years PDP administration.

Please get lost wih your retardation nonsense. Usless cassava bread dullard.

Asking me dumb question as if your masters sabi wipe their nose talk less building bridge.
can't you get what am saying to your greasy head i need yes i will support it or no i will not support it simple. Instead of spewing all this jargon.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by TruthFM(m): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
Federal Govt should toll all their roads in the SW. Since tolling is accepted in lAGOS, Ikorodu, 3rd Mainland and Apapa and Mile 2 Rds should be tolled. Subsidies in the form oil should also be removed and all existing federal schools should be self autonomous in fund generations via a new fee arrangement

I think u are letting ur pvt parts speak for u
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by LaudateII: 2:58am On Aug 17, 2013
ba7man: Its better to pay a token toll(Bottled coke and Gala money) to use a bridge that's convenient than not pay a toll and get stuck on River Niger bridge....I mean, so you can't pay N250 to avoid the traffic on Niger Bridge??. At least the people paying aint complaining cuz they aint broke and if you can't afford it, there's a cheaper route and a free route. If you aint careful, they'll charge you to look at the bridge....looks good, don't it? You seem bitter about the bridge, are you truely that concerned?? Enter Politics naa if you are.

Hope you can pay the bottled coke & gala money every single day....

If you drive a saloon car, you would be paying =N=15,000 a month if you take the bridge twice a day or =N=180,000 a year....

That is a lot of bottled cokes if you ask me...wonder how many state civil servants (e.g. teachers, clerks etc) can afford this on their meager salaries. undecided
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 6:03am On Aug 17, 2013
Laudate II:

If you drive a saloon car, you would be paying =N=15,000 a month if you take the bridge twice a day or =N=180,000 a year....

That is a lot of bottled cokes if you ask me...wonder how many state civil servants (e.g. teachers, clerks etc) can afford this on their meager salaries. undecided
If you can't afford it, there is a toll free route.

The bridge was targeted at residents of that axis that are obviously not teachers and clerks.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by LaudateII: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
ba7man: If you can't afford it, there is a toll free route.

The bridge was targeted at residents of that axis that are obviously not teachers and clerks.

Yeah....now we have a government of the rich, for the rich and by the rich. Only the rich residents of Lekki are entitled to ply that bridge, even though it was built with tax collected from both the rich and poor, including teachers and clerks. Fashola loves the rich.

Bourdillon Road in Ikoyi was rebuilt and re-constructed at enormous tax payer's cost. Last time I checked, there was no toll gate on that road.

Na wah oh! sad
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by LaudateII: 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
deleteme: Pls my dear Eko-Ile. since you are very close to the Lagos State Government and also an ardent fan of Fashola, pls help me tell them that there is no single Government primary and Scenodary School in Ago Palace-Way ( okota). Every morning you see young Lagosians trekking a long distance to Isolo to attending the nearly close school. Pls help us pass this info.

Hehehe...!! grin

There is NO single government owned hospital in the whole of Lekki axis as well. One can only estimate the number of emergency cases that have ended on a sad note due to this oversight. cry

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by mojeer678: 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
TheBookWorm: Hahaha

Eko Ile I normally like the pictures you post, but this one I cannot share in the celebration.

Toll booths bro? Celebrating toll booths? I guess I can't get away from these things! They are a necessary evil, but you wont see me celebrating this other form of taxation. lol

You Can Get Away From Them.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by mojeer678: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
Laudate II:

Another sensible comment on NL.

I believe if we continue to constructively engage the trolls on this forum without resorting to insults, abuses, curses, tribal/ethnicity sentiments, their agenda to derailing threads that cut too close to their principals' interests (which by the way run contrary to the peoples' welfare) would be exposed and defeated.

The truth is coming out and no power on earth can suppress or stop it!

See: www.scribd.com/doc/171828536/Metro-Lagos-Upgrade
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by simpleseyi: 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
billante:

Foolish human being! Celebrating slavery.....one day ur master will also tax you for sleeping with ur wife!

Then I will start sleeping with his(the master's) wife and he(the master) will be taxed for that grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

IMO 2015-Uche Nwosu Wins Apc Governorship Ticket In Imo State. / Anambra Has Over 1 Billion Barrels Of Oil & 30 Trillion Cubic Ft Of Gas - Obiano / Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.