Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,328 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31481 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by lollarj(f): 10:47am On Jun 03, 2013
djustice: See mumus paying tolls for a bridge built with their own money. Lagosians are the biggest mugus I know. Totally magalised.

Maga City is working ! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by deleteme: 11:02am On Jun 03, 2013
Pls my dear Eko-Ile. since you are very close to the Lagos State Government and also an ardent fan of Fashola, pls help me tell them that there is no single Government primary and Scenodary School in Ago Palace-Way ( okota). Every morning you see young Lagosians trekking a long distance to Isolo to attending the nearly close school. Pls help us pass this info.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 03, 2013
Ignorance
ignorance
ignorance
ignorance

pain
pain
pain
pain
pain

porverty
porverty
porverty
porverty
porverty
porverty

low self esteem
low self esteem
low self esteem
low self esteem
low self esteem

thats all i can see on this tread
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 03, 2013
[quote author=promisengr][/quote] my father aint rich either but at least i dont use mine to disturb orthers! Besides the evidence of being smart/intellegent is success! Nobody will hear u if u say ur brillant but u failed jamb! Is the ones that pass that re brillant to them so basically every rich man is smarter than the poor ones
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by lekkie073(m): 11:19am On Jun 03, 2013
billante:

This ur old boring song of we begging! If we leave lagos for u with all our investment, month no go even end and ur govt will be running to abuja for monthly alawee!

Na because we sustain lagos state govt with our business taxes u hav mouth to talk! Don't provoke ibos to take all their investments home! U will never knw wat u got till u loose it!
Before ur fore ancestors trek come lagos, it was already d commercial hub of west africa, go siddon angry

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by phantom(m): 11:21am On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:

In the state of California the minimum wage is also $8 an hour I.e $64 a day Lagos is less that $1 a day

PHCN was also privatized in Nigeria and so was NITEL,where did it lead you
The average annual income in America is $45,000 a year,in Lagos,it is by the grace of God

Stop comparing apples and oranges dear

Never heard of anyone celebrating toll gates and taxation on people who are already being rap.ed from all angles except one whose head is deep in the butt hole of the beneficiaries
OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked...i am loving you right now....BTW are you married grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by MARKREN: 11:21am On Jun 03, 2013
It is funny how we are celebrating a "bridge" contracted after 14 years of Democracy and then tolled as dividend of democracy in an area that is flood prone every year, with no proper drainages or flood control mechanisms or "first class hospital" operated by the government within a 10KM radius of the areas covered.

This achievement is celebrated by our leaders who travel abroad and are so to speak more enlightened than us. It is therefore also funny how we are quick to compare ourselves with the big cities of the world like London, Amsterdam. Paris etc. in justifying the need for tolls as necessary if we are to get much needed additional infrastructure. However we than forget to apply the same rule when it come to providing other public services like qualitative education at least at primary & secondary school level, hospitals that can cater beyond malaria & typhoid or fix our pot hole infested roads outside VI, Ikoyi & Ikeja etc via the revenue earned by this state.

It also funny how people in this forum tell “us poor people” to go to hell (or use the alternative which incidentally is also tolled) if we do not like the idea, so that those of us that have the means can enjoy it (someone even compared the charge to the cost of buying a bottle of Coke & Gala which in their opinon is "too cheap" Ignorant & laughable as it may seem), forgetting that we live in a society where the “poor” pay more tax proportionately that the “rich”, and if the source of the wealth of the called rich people are to investigated, most of them will go into hiding due to inability to explain their sources of income as well as the pay the appropriate taxes there-on .

I have no problem with tolls, but charging N250 per trip for a car and up to N400 for some classes of vehicles is shylock. All over the world tolls are used to recover funds spent on building infrastructure over a long period of time say 30 to 40 years. How does the LASG then justify the charge vis a vis the tenure of the PPP for 10 years as contracted.

Governance goes beyond building roads/bridges & tolling. If this is the kind of governance we are shouting and singing praises for. I wonder what will happen if “APC” takes power from the PDP at the federal level.
Note that the Orile- Mile2-Badaagry road will be tolled so those living in that area should gear up.

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by phantom(m): 11:23am On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:

Go and get a real job
One that will help you build on any shred of dignity you may have left
Singing praises day and night and licking shait is a repugnant way for a grown man to earn a living

Stand in a mirror
Take a good look and tell yourself that you are capable of doing better

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked...no you must drop your number o!!!!! grin grin
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 03, 2013
One thing i hate is arguing about how pple re making thier millons why we re here counting our kobo!

See if it painning u that we re paying toll.....u have an option.....KILL YOURSELF!!!

we cant be here arguing if goverment is scamming us or not! I prefer to spend my time finding who i myself will scam! Cos what goes around! Comes around!

me i support fashola o!
The toll money is 4 LCC not lagos goverment...so ignorant pple should stop makin noise.....but the #fact is most pple re not ignorant! Its just paining them that they re not leaving there! Cos me i know say all these pple whey dey shout, if u hammer 2dae, ur BBM status go be "" lekki phase 1 tinz xo on point"" and the toll u go pay am without arguement!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 03, 2013
[quote author=charlesssssssss]we have post jamb questions and answers from 2008-2012 for osun state university
imo state university
ladoke akintola university
adekunle ajasin university
fountain university
babcock university
bowen university
federal university of technology akure
ekiti state university ado ekiti
lead city university
abia state university
university of port harcourt
university of abuja
university of lagos
for more info call or text charles on 0816 528 7508
if you in lagos come to KINGS

how does dis one concern "lekki" "bridge" "fashola" "acn" "toll gates" "lekki-epe expway" "lekki-ikoyi link" ?
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by pendusky(m): 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
ba7man: So you can't afford to pay N250 and you live in that axis. You're biting more than you can chew. The estate association might end up weeding you out with the annual dues.
grin grin grin its okay! Oshe!! U jst register on NL abi? I can c, we wer in ur shoe in those days,u think to be active is jst to comment thrash on al the thread? Nah, dont worry when u reach a year here u will learn how to behav in a forum!

Seriously we need board here for under18.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
Are some people jes dumb of crazy? I jes dnt get it! There are so many tolled gate in this world!!! People who stay in thhe UK can't even say this!
It doesn't look like dt is the only way, there is an alternate route na!

At least it is jes a way of collecting from d rich and giving to the poor! If only 40% passes d tolled bridge, u av jes reduced traffic by 40%, allowing 60% of d poor who complain most to av a less congested road at a zero cost, and made cash from d rich class by 40%.

The poor won't want to pay, but wants d best and complained a lot! Craziness!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by crisycent: 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile: This looks so so better than many in Yankee gan sef.. Eko o ni baje o.

Where else in the world have you been?
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by halavoke: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile: This looks so so better than
many in Yankee gan sef.. Eko o ni baje
o (who dash monkey banana?, na d yankee wen u go for dream abi?) Best u av don is enta MMIA!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
pendusky:
grin grin grin its okay! Oshe!! U jst register on NL abi? I can c, we wer in ur shoe in those days,u think to be active is jst to comment thrash on al the thread? Nah, dont worry when u reach a year here u will learn how to behav in a forum!

Seriously we need board here for under18.

Broke ar5e like you that's complaining over N250. Better pray to God for upliftment.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by bloggernaija: 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
ILIDEFI:

As if I wasn't in Lagos in 1998. Mind u, I never said Igbos developed Lagos. Lagos was built with Nigerian wealth. So you guys should stop claiming all the glory of Lagos. If u want to talk abt south west, talk abt Ibadan Osogbo, Akure, Ado Ekiti, Abeokuta (former president's city. Guess u know I'm aware of that).

Lagos was not built with nigerian wealth. Neither was it built by the federal government . The only contribution of the federal government is to built a few ugly flyovers and third mainland build bridge. Most of he roads were there before. Expanding a road does not make you the builder.
Lagos was built with the wealth of yoruba elites(egbas,ijebus, ilajes,Ibadan ,oyo,Brazilian ,ondos,akokos,ikale and other carribean slave returnee,Lagos island elite ,binis,Dahomeys,Freetown ).lagos importance predates the whiteman because it served as a major port for the evacuation of produce from the thick forest of the yoruba hinterland.
The most recent postitive influence on Lagos was the British .
Lagos wealth has always been there. it generates revenues from it's taxes.
However, Lagos is nt getting any derivation fom the use of it's natural resources(waterways).
Fact:The wealth of Lagos and the western region was used to subsidise other parts of the country before oil.
The wealth of Lagos ,ogunand ondo is still being used to subsidise other laggard parts .
The southwest as a whole is revenue neutral(we contribute our keep). Only the south south can boast of this.

LAGOS WAS ALREADY BUILT UP AND WAS A MODERN CITY BY THE 1920
many of the old 3/4 storey buildings in Lagos island were built before the 1940s

The developments of the 70s ,80s and 90s basically destroyed Lagos. People started immigrating into Lagos in droves . Green sites , public park ,car park were parcelled out and built on and building codes were ignored.
SO GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD. LAGOS WAS NOT DEVELOPED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ?LAGOS WAS NOT BUILT WITH OIL MONEY. EXPANDING ROAD THAT AVE BEEN THERE FOR OVER 100 YEARS AND BUILDING A FEW UGLY FLYOVERS(GOWON) IS NOT BUILDING A PLACE.CITIES LIKE LONDON,PARIS HAVE VERY FEW OF THOSE EYESORES .

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by bloggernaija: 12:51pm On Jun 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I'm not here to debate fuel subsidy but I just raised the issue to buttress my point of hypocrisy.

By the way, can all those who staged fuel subsidy protest in Lagos be said to be the very poor? Was it the poor that supplied the T-shirts, music and food for the protests?
Kerosine is one product that is mostly used by the poor but it has been selling far above the cost fuel (for as much as N150per litre at times) for a very long time. No one seems to be interested in that. Why? Because the middle class and elites have nothing to do with Kerosine.

This same ACN e-warriors that are showing us how beautiful a toll plaza is and opposed removal of fuel subsidy by PDP led govt may tomorrow promote fuel subsidy removal by an ACN led govt. That is Nigeria for you, where issues are analysed from the prism of partisan and ethnic sentiments.

Anyway, I will say nothing further on this fuel subsidy issue to avoid derailing the thread.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by bloggernaija: 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I'm not here to debate fuel subsidy but I just raised the issue to buttress my point of hypocrisy.

By the way, can all those who staged fuel subsidy protest in Lagos be said to be the very poor? Was it the poor that supplied the T-shirts, music and food for the protests?
Kerosine is one product that is mostly used by the poor but it has been selling far above the cost fuel (for as much as N150per litre at times) for a very long time. No one seems to be interested in that. Why? Because the middle class and elites have nothing to do with Kerosine.

This same ACN e-warriors that are showing us how beautiful a toll plaza is and opposed removal of fuel subsidy by PDP led govt may tomorrow promote fuel subsidy removal by an ACN led govt. That is Nigeria for you, where issues are analysed from the prism of partisan and ethnic sentiments.

Anyway, I will say nothing further on this fuel subsidy issue to avoid derailing the thread.

Off point and off topic. The protest against oil subsidy removal was protest against extreme rightwing ideology ,plutocracy ,slavery and colonisation. Every president from IBB , ABACHA,OBJ tried to increase fuel price and faced one protest or the other.
I won't bother you with stories.Have you ever wonder why there is growth without development ? It is not by accident . It was meant to be this way.
GO AND READ ABOUT MILTON FRIEDMAN AND THE DAMAGE HE CAUSED IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD.

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Mogidi: 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Tinubu will make a killing from these tolls no doubt but why Fashola keep helping this crook is anyone's guess.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by MARKREN: 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
@ bloggernaija you are speaking from both side of your mouth. @9gerian made his point aptly.....

There is no difference between toll gates as presented by LSSG and the removal of fuel subsidy as presented by PDP as they are both aimed at generating revenue for so called infastructure. ACN should not call us for protests when it suits them to "fight for the poor".
bloggernaija:

Off point and off topic. The protest against oil subsidy removal was protest against extreme rightwing ideology ,plutocracy ,slavery and colonisation. Every president from IBB , ABACHA,OBJ tried to increase fuel price and faced one protest or the other.
I won't bother you with stories.Have you ever wonder why there is growth without development ? It is not by accident . It was meant to be this way.
GO AND READ ABOUT MILTON FRIEDMAN AND THE DAMAGE HE CAUSED IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by toskut(m): 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
Are u sharing pictures of the toll booth or the bridge? Don't get.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by billante(m): 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
MARK-REN:
@ bloggernaija you are speaking from both side of your mouth. @9gerian made his point aptly.....

There is no difference between toll gates as presented by LSSG and the removal of fuel subsidy as presented by PDP as they are both aimed at generating revenue for so called infastructure. ACN should not call us for protests when it suits them to "fight for the poor".

Well said!

Dont be surprise when the ACN people start organizing protest rally at ojota if after FG reconstruct and maybe toll the lagos ibadan expressway......when all these opposition people say they are fighting for the masses while criticizing GEJ i laugh! they are just using the gullible to seek for power.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
These suffer head 30 years beg beg and still no bridge poor villagers are still crying?

Damn!!!! lmao
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Danabu(m): 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
HNosegbe: This bridge was obviously built for the high-class neighbourhoods of Lekki Phase I and environs... People who can AFFORD to pay the toll.

I would have had issues if the bridge was built (and tolled) at Ayobo, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, Ajegunle or Ikorodu.

It's a win-win as far as I see. The Lekki folks get the satisfaction of bypassing Ozumba traffic (leaving it less congested for others) and the government makes more money which can be used for other purposes.

Can't complain.
leave them to say whatever! nothing good comes cheap and easy. Just know all ye out there that as long as we keep clamouring for free things we will always get sub standard goods and services. Free education, free water, free power, free health services and all that! Haba!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ichidodo: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
bloggernaija:

Lagos was not built with nigerian wealth. Neither was it built by the federal government . The only contribution of the federal government is to built a few ugly flyovers and third mainland build bridge. Most of he roads were there before. Expanding a road does not make you the builder.
Lagos was built with the wealth of yoruba elites(egbas,ijebus, ilajes,Ibadan ,oyo,Brazilian ,ondos,akokos,ikale and other carribean slave returnee,Lagos island elite ,binis,Dahomeys,Freetown ).lagos importance predates the whiteman because it served as a major port for the evacuation of produce from the thick forest of the yoruba hinterland.
However, Lagos is nt getting any derivation fom the use of it's natural resources(waterways).
Fact:The wealth of Lagos and the western region was used to subsidise other parts of the country before oil.
The wealth of Lagos ,ogunand ondo is still being used to subsidise other laggard parts .
The southwest as a whole is revenue neutral(we contribute our keep). Only the south south can boast of this.

many of the old 3/4 storey buildings in Lagos island were built before the 1940s

The developments of the 70s ,80s and 90s basically destroyed Lagos. People started immigrating into Lagos in droves . Green sites , public park ,car park were parcelled out and built on and building codes were ignored.
SO GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD. LAGOS WAS NOT DEVELOPED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ?LAGOS WAS NOT BUILT WITH OIL MONEY. EXPANDING ROAD THAT AVE BEEN THERE FOR OVER 100 YEARS AND BUILDING A FEW UGLY FLYOVERS(GOWON) IS NOT BUILDING A PLACE.CITIES LIKE LONDON,PARIS HAVE VERY FEW OF THOSE EYESORES .
Bloody Liar, Lagos was collectively built by Nigerians hence the adage No Man's Land.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by BrokenTV: 1:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko ilee i want ask a simple question and i want answer, if it was pdp government that construct the brigde and tolls on it what will be your reaction.

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
Broken TV: Eko ilee i want ask a simple question and i want answer, if it was pdp government that construct the brigde and tolls on it what will be your reaction.

Silly question. You are assuming they know how to build bridge or do anything . The fact is, toll or no toll I don't care, just build infrastructures and make our lives better which so far the useless and worthless PDP don't know how to do.

This bridge was built in less than four years while the useless people are still in capable of building a shorter village Niger bridge after 14 years rule.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
ichidodo: Bloody Liar, Lagos was collectively built by Nigerians hence the adage No Man's Land.

You can only mutter Lagos as No man's land in the safety of your home, back in your village or on an anonymous forum such as this...

We know your type..

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by MARKREN: 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
Your post is so false. Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria. The attraction of populations to Lagos was due to it postion as the administrative & commercial capital of Nigeria at that time. Where did the money for the massive road expansion & other infasturcture development of the 70's & early 80's come from...... The Oil Boom. And to say that Lagos does not rely on oil wealth...... Laughable. The money oiling the financial wheels of Lagos is mainly from where........... Don't belive the Hype the day Oil starts to sell for less than $40 a barrel, which will happpen by the time US, China & Russia fully exploit Shale Gas as well as develop other substitutes, you will understand the term economic linkages in relation to my above comments. Fill free to look it up......
bloggernaija:

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

I know its all fun and laugh, but these villagers are in serious pain hence all the anger and sadness. But hey, they prefer beg beg and laziness instead of handling their own future and destiny.... Na.their akpu so make den chop am like that....

lmao....
U MUST STOP THIS UR IMPRUDENT EAGLE-PRID...NEVER U INSULT PEOPLE IN THAT MANNER...I THKI NO 1 IS ACTUALLY PERFECT...
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by billante(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Silly question. You are assuming they know how to build bridge or do anything . The fact is, toll or no toll I don't care, just build infrastructures and make our lives better which so far the useless and worthless PDP don't know how to do.

This bridge was built in less than four years while the useless people are still in capable of building a shorter village Niger bridge after 14 years rule.

Dont you think if you keep repeating one silly joke peeps will start scrolling past your post once they see ur name!

Its now sounding childish and lame, pls find another joke!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) / SURE-P Vs N-Power: Which Is More Transparent? / 10 Richest Countries In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.