Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31486 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by billante(m): 10:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

They are all lazy, incompetent and disabled so I see them waiting for another 30 years...... Bambiala people..

lmoa..

This ur old boring song of we begging! If we leave lagos for u with all our investment, month no go even end and ur govt will be running to abuja for monthly alawee!

Na because we sustain lagos state govt with our business taxes u hav mouth to talk! Don't provoke ibos to take all their investments home! U will never knw wat u got till u loose it!

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by TheBookWorm: 10:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
I think it went over some of y'all heads, but I am actually poking fun at the way some of you are celebrating toll booths.

Yes they are needed, but to be celebrated? When was the last time you celebrated the tax man? LMAO

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Garrithe1st: 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2013
This is for all the bad belle people on this thread...

Especially those from the "gully-zone"..

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2013
There's no need to celebrate the Toll Booths but instead of people to work hard and smart so that N250 won't be a problem for them in their lives, they sit and complain about it....N250. I dislike petty minded people. If you drive a car and you can't afford N250, Take the N120 route or take a bus. How can you be driving around without N120 in your pocket, that's less than a Dollar....Plain irresponsible.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
Sitting around fuming over N250....Even my artisans can give out X4 of that. Cheap ar5e folks.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
As long there is an alternative route without Toll, then it's justified.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by teskyg: 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
@ ba7man,am sure you worked with LASG and will only wave your Identity card to pass through that fraud.Your types never pay tax so you won't understand.I have ran into many of your types who worked for LASG and hustle for freebies.We are been reasonable with our argurement here and your half baked Marketing skill won't sway us to your fraud infested opinion.

7 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
billante:

Mumu u hav already paid for it!! That's if u are old enough or employed to be paying tax, cause I can see u are jobless or still in being spoon fed by ur parents

US govt can never use tax payers money to build a bridge and still toll it again! They will only allow a toll on a road if it was constructed on a concessionaire basis to recoup investment!

In the state of California, they have something called Transportation Corridor Agencies. The raise bonds to finance highways which the taxpayers end up paying for via tolls. It doesn't matter if they collect the money up front from the taxpayers in form of tax, bonds or other funding methods. Bottomline, the taxpayers still have to pay regardless.

Let me tell you something, many cities in America are privatizing their utilities like water and highways. They'll sell off their public utilities to private comps and the private comps shifts the bill to the taxpayers for like about 100 years with zero kobo going back to the community to fund any projects, that public infrastructure is gone for 100 years.

What is going on in Lagos is a win win situation for the people of Lagos, the bridge still belongs to the people of Lagos state and money generated from this bridge is still going to benefit the people of Lagos state through other projects funded with money generated from this bridge...

The only losers here which (I really don't think they are) are the folks in Lekki/VI/Ikoyi because they are robbing them to fund other projects far far away from this bridge.

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
Prof Corruption: As long there is an alternative route without Toll, then it's justified.
Do you know how many times this point has been pointed out to them over and over in previous threads.....Its like their head's made of concrete....the fact never goes in. "THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATE ROUTE"!!!

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Inik(m): 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Ile: .... I feel your pain, 30 years beg beg for common village river bridge gets very traumatic and.depressing.

Lmao..
Lol you are obsessed with the Second niger bridge, i hope you won't get an heart attack when the project comes on stream. I am not even igbo, i am from Akwa ibom where we have first class infrastructure projects, where people are not enslaved, where we freely enjoy our completed projects, where we don't have a thieving political Godfather who milks us dry.....i can go on and on cool

6 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:18pm On Jun 02, 2013

[img]http://bata.mtc.ca.gov/img/BEN-009.jpg[/img]

[b]Tolls are collected manually or electronically in one direction on each of the state-owned bridges according to a toll schedule established by BATA and the California Legislature[/b]For the typical automobile, a $5 toll is collected — a $1 base toll, $1 for Regional Measure 2 and a $3 seismic retrofit surcharge. The toll schedule for the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge is different during weekdays when congestion pricing is in effect. Multi-axle vehicles pay a higher base toll with the toll determined by the total number of axles on the roadway in a vehicle combination. The complete toll schedule, including future toll increases for multi-axle vehicles, can be found on BATA's website.

http://bata.mtc.ca.gov/tolls/index.htm
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2013
teskyg: @ ba7man,am sure you worked with LASG and will only wave your Identity card to pass through that fraud.Your types never pay tax so you won't understand.I have ran into many of your types who worked for LASG and hustle for freebies.We are been reasonable with our argurement here and your half baked Marketing skill won't sway us to your fraud infested opinion.
I don't work for LASG. I just thank God that paying N500 toll everyday isn't my problem....Funny enough, the problem i have is "Do i have change??" And if it adds to the IGR of Lagos State as they tell us....So be it. Because you don't pay tax doesn't mean there are people who don't. When you run your own Company, you'll find out that its unavoidable in Lagos.....And before i forget..."THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATE ROUTE!!!!".

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
Inik:
Lol you are obsessed with the Second niger bridge, i hope you won't get an heart attack when the project comes on stream. I am not even igbo, i am from Akwa ibom where we have first class infrastructure projects, where people are not enslaved, where we freely enjoy our completed projects, where we don't have a thieving political Godfather who milks us dry.....i can go on and on cool

No, you are obsessed with Ikoyi link bridge hence your bad bele and attention here.

Abeg get lost with your anger, bad bele and badluck..

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
billante:

This ur old boring song of we begging! If we leave lagos for u with all our investment, month no go even end and ur govt will be running to abuja for monthly alawee!

Na because we sustain lagos state govt with our business taxes u hav mouth to talk! Don't provoke ibos to take all their investments home! U will never knw wat u got till u loose it!

Is Lagos responsible for your 30 years of laziness, incompetence and begging?

If leaving Lagos is going to build your bridge and stop your beg beg, what's stopping you?

It's not like we are going to miss your dirty spare parts and slum living..

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Inik(m): 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

No, you are obsessed with Ikoyi link bridge hence your bad bele and attention here.

Abeg get lost with your anger, bad bele and badluck..
You are a sadist who views the progress of others through myopic eyes of bitterness, to you the world revolves around Lagos, i implore you to change your ways before it is too late. <strolls out>

6 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
Inik:
You are a sadist who views the progress of others through myopic eyes of bitterness, to you the world revolves around Lagos, i implore you to change your ways before it is too late. <strolls out>

You came up with this sorry and pathetic story because you looked in the mirror?

lol @ other peoples progress. Don't you mean invisible progress like the world famous beg beg bridge....lmao

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
Let's here from Lagosians.....
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
New Lekki-Ikoyi bridge excites Lagosians. As the clock ticked past midnight on Friday, the new Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge, in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital, was opened for use to motorists, with many of them applauding the Babatunde Fashola administration for building the bridge, which has truly shortened their travel time.

Mr Agore Aboh, one of the early users expressed happiness and excitement that such a feat is being recorded in Nigeria. “If similar things can be happening in our country, we would be happy. That was why I decided to ply the road, pay the toll and encourage others to pay because the most important thing is that ‘let good things be happening”.

Chief Adolo Okotie Eboh described it as an evidence of good governance and hoped that other states would emulate the Lagos State Government as everything looks good because cars are moving, people are moving freely and it shows that the state is ready to go.

Mr Bambo Ibidapo Obe in his testimony, said: “I love the new bridge. I think it is a new development. I have been waiting for them for a very long time to open it. I am glad it is open; I made efforts to make sure I pass it today on the first day it opened and I am very impressed. It is a very beautiful road. I look forward to Lagos State doing a lot more of this for us.

“I have paid N300 (for Jeep). I think it is the wave of the future. If we want good things we have to pay for it. Nigerians have shown that they are willing to pay for good services. In Lagos especially, it is clear that people are willing to pay for good services and the difference would be clear to anybody that passes it, you know you would get what you are paying for”, Mr Ibidapo-Obe added.

Another motorist who plied the Link Bridge after it was opened and spoke to newsmen is businessman, Mr Valentine Aboh who gave kudos to the Lagos State Governor and his team for their clear vision of infrastructural renewal and development in Lagos State.

He added that the project is a welcome development that is also people oriented, adding that its benefit is for the users of the roads not the government.

“We the masses appreciate it and no matter how much they ask us to pay, we will pay the toll. Let the good things be replicated around the whole state so that people will have easy movement to go around unhindered for their businesses. We Nigerians are willing to struggle to make ends meet but let the government give us the enabling environment”.

Mr Dare Ajayi said he appreciated what the State Governor’s efforts in terms of providing infrastructure, because that is essentially what is needed in the country.

“This is good infrastructure. The quality of the road speaks for itself, well built and the aesthetic value as well is very visible. Once again, I congratulate Lagosians and congratulate the governor for such an initiative. I love the Governor. I was going to say I would keep this ticket as a souvenir and keep for future generations to see. If we have ten of Fasholas in this country, things would turn around for the better. I am not a member of any party but I like to recognize good things. For me it is a joyful moment like this”.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/02/new-lekki-ikoyi-bridge-excites-lagosians/
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
This wonderful and positive reactions from Lagosians makes me not only happy, but also very proud and happy to be a Lagosian.

They not only like the bridge and willig to pay, they are even willing to may more if need be as long as they get good infrastructures.

“We the masses appreciate it and no matter how much they ask us to pay, we will pay the toll. Let the good things be replicated around the whole state so that people will have easy movement to go around unhindered for their businesses. We Nigerians are willing to struggle to make ends meet but let the government give us the enabling environment”.

Eko o ni baje o...
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
TheBookWorm:

I guess you get a cut in the profit from these toll booths. It pays your salary bro? grin

I would be celebrating as well Mr. Eko Ile if I was you. This is indeed progress! Funny people some Nigerians are...
one question, you dey pay?n if you no dey pay, then shut up angry
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
“This is good infrastructure. The quality of the road speaks for itself, well built and the aesthetic value as well is very visible. Once again, I congratulate Lagosians and congratulate the governor for such an initiative. I love the Governor. I was going to say I would keep this ticket as a souvenir and keep for future generations to see. If we have ten of Fasholas in this country, things would turn around for the better. I am not a member of any party but I like to recognize good things. For me it is a joyful moment like this”.

Awwwwww...

This warms my heart...
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 12:00am On Jun 03, 2013
9jadelta: one question, you dey pay?n if you no dey pay, then shut up angry

You see as I gladly ignore that loser..
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by dammytosh: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2013
Celebrating a toll booth.

this politicians disguising as Eko-ile and Eko-Ode has no brains at all.
That is the problem with ACN, they don't just know when to stop.

lies, propaganda and now celebrating TOLL GATE.

Some one even said it is finer than yankee.... grin grin grin

Note : Dear unborn child, please be informed that Nigeria is just ur father's land. Choose your country wisely later.

6 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2013
Awesome, the roads looks so clean

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by flexshop(m): 12:14am On Jun 03, 2013
So in essence the FG should construct a second Niger bridge and toll it? Maybe also all the federal roads should be tolled? Even the most corrupt government would gladly oblige to that. There is nothing worth celebrating in a tollgate. Its just like any other business venture.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by brownlord: 12:21am On Jun 03, 2013
Make them just cucuma toll every road for nigeria now, if i hear say i pay 1 shishi say because i won waka my own pass any road
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by diarra94(m): 12:24am On Jun 03, 2013
Its easy to rule nigeria; Do whatever you want to do and leave. Look, recently S africans protesting on the same toll gate issue that lagos state government is erecting everywhere. I dont know why nigerians dont protest over anything reasonable. If it was a religious protest, we for don burn down one state completely. But kudos to fashola.

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by contactlenz: 12:25am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko oni baje
fashola is working, lagos is moving forward.
HATERS CAN MOP ATLANTIC OCEAN

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Aderostock(m): 12:28am On Jun 03, 2013
flexshop: So in essence the FG should construct a second Niger bridge and toll it? Maybe also all the federal roads should be tolled? Even the most corrupt government would gladly oblige to that. There is nothing worth celebrating in a tollgate. Its just like any other business venture.

Not just anyhow roads but quality roads and bridges like this one, we will be glad paying tolls. I see this FG not having the ability to build world class roads and bridges
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Oni BAJE...Fashola is working...Lagos is moving.

Ps: kudos to Eko Ile

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by flexshop(m): 12:35am On Jun 03, 2013
Aderostock:

Not just anyhow roads but quality roads and bridges like this one, we will be glad paying tolls. I see this FG not having the ability to build world class roads and bridges

Nigerians amaze me. So you will be glad to pay for a service that the government should provide to you as her citizen. I give up

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 12:36am On Jun 03, 2013
flexshop: So in essence the FG should construct a second Niger bridge and toll it? Maybe also all the federal roads should be tolled? Even the most corrupt government would gladly oblige to that. There is nothing worth celebrating in a tollgate. Its just like any other business venture.

Celebrating infrastructures is a good thing for the citizenry and the government. They are partners facing the same direction, the citizens are happy that something meaningful is getting done with their money and the government is also happy because the people they serve are happy with their judgement and stewardship.

I do understand that this is new to many nigerians because we have terrible leaders whose interests has nothing to do with serving us talk less deliver credible infrastructures on our behalf, but they do celebrate infrastructures all over the world and their are countless websites on the internet like skyscrapercity dedicated to infrastructures.

And if celebrating infrastructure is not your thing, it doesn't mean such should apply to other people.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Bayelsa State (photos) / 2023: Wike Bribes PDP Governors With Cars To Support Him As VP - SaharaReporters / IMO 2015-Uche Nwosu Wins Apc Governorship Ticket In Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.