Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York (26180 Views)

– Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. / BREAKING NEWS: Malaysian Passenger Plane Carrying 295 People 'shot Down. / Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Diasporan(m): 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
Americans on the loose.With all these our right to own guns can't be stripped from us even if the CIA make up news like this or not in other to discourage the masses.I love my gun

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Leopantro: 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
To new Yorkers, that was just Sunday

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
Like Kanye said on Murder to Excellence:

"It’s time for us to stop and redefine black power
41 souls murdered in fifty hours"

"It’s a war going on outside we ain’t safe from
I feel the pain in my city wherever I go
314 soldiers died in Iraq, 509 died in Chicago"

America has a serious gun problem...and unfortunately a lot of the gun violence is Black on Black.

I really dont know wetin Black people do God, cos we seem to be under some sort of divine punishment sad

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by abdullkabar(m): 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
Bet y?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by DCTrendy(m): 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
mycon: o
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT

Bro, is everything alright? This shootings happened in The States!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by greall1: 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT

GUY TRY TO READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by nerodenero: 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
supaeagles:
This end of times proclamation has been going on for decades now.... don't you think the effect may be wearing off now?
How I wish it was wearing off but unfortunately things are getting worse or how do you explain this madness on earth?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by searay(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
Has anybody been blamed yet? Ok let me blame GEJ for the shootings.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by DisGuy: 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx: Only in America!! grin

And yanks talk crazy about unsafe London is, when more than 22,000 people are shot dead in that country every year.

If this should happen in London, best believe all the whole place would be on lock down with military police and undercover cops everywhere - stopping and searching every black person in sight.

You know!! some yank on here was talking about how black kids are getting shot in london. like 16/year is a massive shock to the system

only to find out via *cough cough* watch the throne [murder to excellence] more yanks died in Chicago annually than soldiers in Iraq!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: Whether you guys like my comment on not... This is the endtime... No more signs of it... Just watch and see...

Make una like my comment sha...

How do people reason like this? undecided

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by imsuboi(m): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
shocked
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by touchmeder: 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2013

Be thorough when you read stuff. The post has absolutely NOTHING to do with Nigeria
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Joshcoli(m): 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2013

Dundee of the aluminiu oooh sorry millennium
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Aizebioje(m): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Diasporan(m): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx: Only in America!! grin

And yanks talk crazy about unsafe London is, when more than 22,000 people are shot dead in that country every year.

If this should happen in London, best believe all the whole place would be on lock down with military police and undercover cops everywhere - stopping and searching every black person in sight.
There is no comparison bro.Yanks gat too much of gun violence.That is the point Piers Morgan is trying proove and he has been under serious threat in that same NY.That man is being guarded by CIA as i am typing these sentence.Any attempt for him to move alone they will take him out in NY subway
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by hikmoj(m): 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Show! and i dey plan go stay 4 dat N Y city,pls wetin b security situation 4 kenturky&los angeles?if any body savvy make e hala me news.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Yet, US congress is finding it hard to pass laws regulating guns. Probaby until the day one of Obama's daughters is shot in school. #NoGunsAllowed
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by drstan(m): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
If na Nigeria this kan news happen the headline l go be 25 killed within 48hr in Abuja Nigeria capital city.. NYC no get meaming, and wich country NYC day,..rubish
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: 25 People Shot (6 Killed) Over 48 Hours In NYC

Mayhem in the city: 25 people shot in 48 hours
Three killed Sunday after three were killed Saturday. One of the wounded includes an 11-year-old girl who will never walk again.

Violence surged like the mercury Sunday, with three more fatalities from gun violence — and eight others wounded in shootings — bringing the total number of bullet-riddled in the city to 25 in less than 48 hours. Only Staten Island was safe from the wide-ranging spray of gunfire and sickening weekend bloodshed. At least 12 people were blasted in Brooklyn, eight in the Bronx and another four in Queens. The sole person shot in Manhattan took several slugs to the chest and perished in broad daylight.

Sunday’s first fatality was Ivan Martinez, 21, who was approached around 3:25 a.m. by a 20-year-old gunman and a woman at E. 139th St. near Brook Ave. in the Bronx, police said. The gunman shot Martinez once in the head and ran off with the woman. In the second fatal attack, a man in his 40s was gunned down during an argument in East Harlem around 1:20 p.m. The victim, who has not been identified by police, was blasted multiple times in the torso on E. 105th St. near First Ave. Less than four hours later, Damien Powell, 25, was killed after he was shot in the chest outside the Albany Houses in Crown Heights, sources and witnesses said. The victim’s mother collapsed at the scene, where shell casings littered the street, witnesses said.

In other shootings Sunday:
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg in the Ravenswood Houses in Queens at 12:10 a.m.
- A 21-year-old man was shot three times on East New York Ave., Brooklyn, at 2:36 a.m.
- A 20-year-old man was shot in the leg at Bedford Park Blvd. and Webster Ave. in the Bronx at 3:30 a.m.
- A 35-year-old man brought himself to Jamaica Hospital with a gunshot wound in the leg at 4:12 a.m.
- A 15-year-old was shot in his leg and back on Osborn St. in, Brownsville, Brooklyn, at 11:40 a.m.
- A gunman opened fire at Bedford Ave. near Lenox Road in Prospect Lefferts-Gardens around 3:25 p.m.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/25-people-shot-48-hours-article-1.1361388#ixzz2VAXlhtzm
o.m.g
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2013

Somebody should please hide this post and ban this dude for breaking rule 1,7 and 8.

@OP

These people blamed Obama for attempting to temper with the 2nd ammendment even when the man is trying to protect their lives from folks who shouldn't possess a firearm in the first instance.I do hope the GOP are happy with the way Americans are killing themselves..RIP to those victims who lost their lives because of some peoples' selfish interests.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2013

Boko haram fight has muddled some guy that when he reads GUNSHOT --- straight away its BOKO HARAM... grin grin grin grin grin bros read carefully oh, no be for naija oh na 4 US of A...
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by bishopjoe02(m): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
youngman r u sure u cn read at all. Dis shooting didnt happen n 9ja, it's n USA.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Kk4(m): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
Olodo. Is new York in Nigeria?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by collynzo2(m): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
I hope one of those diasporans always preaching safety and security in the US, hell in Nigeria is one of them.

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by collynzo2(m): 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
collynzo2: I hope one of those diasporans always preaching safety and security in the US, hell in Nigeria is one of them.
This post is from the bottom of my heart
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by brownlord: 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
USA una need help, make we send troops come for una

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
Diasporan:
There is no comparison bro.Yanks gat too much of gun violence.That is the point Piers Morgan is trying proove and he has been under serious threat in that same NY.That man is being guarded by CIA as i am typing these sentence.Any attempt for him to move alone they will take him out in NY subway

Yeah, the 2nd Amendment fanatics have brought out the knives for him. As for me, I'm all in favor of limited gun-control-background checks should be MANDATORY for prospective gun buyers/owners.

May the souls of the 25 dead people rest in peace.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by imperiouxx(m): 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, the 2nd Amendment fanatics have brought out the knives for him. As for me, I'm all in favor of limited gun-control-background checks should be MANDATORY for prospective gun buyers/owners.

May the souls of the 25 dead people rest in peace.

Guns are like toys in their houses. Got to US to sleep in the same house with 5 different kinds of guns (legal) and many bullets. I asked why but was told for defence undecided

Ok!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
united states - advanced third world country....
may the dead rest in peace!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
is newyork in Nigeria?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by takeprofit: 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
searay: Has anybody been blamed yet? Ok let me blame GEJ for the shootings.

Buhari and Tinubu must be behind this. because of 2015.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
imperiouxx:

Gun is like toy in their houses
I tell you. Some gun fanatics believe they can use their guns to fight a Federal government that has nuclear weapons, fighter jets, bombers and cruise missiles! it's absolute hallucination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US Capitol Locked Down After Pro-Trump Protesters Storm Building / Alexei Navalny’s Mother Given Hours To Agree To Secret Burial / 40 Killed In India Bridge Collapse, 30 Critically Injured, Many Feared Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.