Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York (26195 Views)

– Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. / BREAKING NEWS: Malaysian Passenger Plane Carrying 295 People 'shot Down. / Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by kalufelix(m): 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
mycon: o
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT
are u high??
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
imperiouxx:

Guns are like toys in their houses. Got to US to sleep in the same house with 5 different kinds of guns (legal) and many bullets. I asked why but was told for defence undecided

Ok!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by ogorsunday(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
USA is not peaceful at all.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by trolling(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
gameboy727: This might be connected to the illuminati
partially yes but the Bilderbergs run it,they create "order" out of chaos, or how would there be One world order if there's no global martial law

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
Awake and Back!
Now, I see some people comparing UK and US in terms of crime.
First of all, statistics show that the Uk is more violent per 100 people than the US - they just use other things, not guns.
Now for US and their gun laws: Piers Morgan, to me, exudes cuntery in heaps and bounds but he has been banging on about it for quite a while now and I must say, he makes sense. Why are Americans so flipping adamant? I expected a total reform of the gun laws after the Connecticut school shootings but no, after a few weeks, they had started to forget the incident.
Why are they even allowed to carry it around?
What do civilians need bloody guns for?
Ask an old lady who is holding an umbrella who she'd fancy her chances with if she's about to get mugged - the guy with a knife or the bloke with a shotgun?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: Awake and Back!
Now, I see some people comparing UK and US in terms of crime.
First of all, statistics show that the Uk is more violent per 100 people than the US - they just use other things, not guns.
Now for US and their gun laws: Piers Morgan, to me, exudes cuntery in heaps and bounds but he has been banging on about it for quite a while now and I must say, he makes sense. Why are Americans so flipping adamant? I expected a total reform of the gun laws after the Connecticut school shootings but no, after a few weeks, they had started to forget the incident.
Why are they even allowed to carry it around?
What do civilians need bloody guns for?
Ask an old lady who is holding an umbrella who she'd fancy her chances with if she's about to get mugged - the guy with a knife or the bloke with a shotgun?

piers morgan has no rights talking about gun laws in america for goodness sake - he's the last person on the planet to air such views. he should leave such talks and concentrate on arsene wenger's management of arsenal fc.

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by bleufaucon: 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
The proponents of anti-gun laws at work. When the people are fully armed,security is guaranteed..or let both the government and everyone disarm and let nature have its way.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by supaeagles(m): 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
ogor sunday: USA is not peaceful at all.
Very intelligent and astute observation, where have you been bro? This is the perfect post to close this thread, no other post can top this one.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
You can twist it all you want, but there are guns everywhere in the UK as well. You can get a repo in London, for as little as £150, within half an hour. You've to be from the bits to know that most of the UK is flowing with so much guns. grin All types of guns.

UK is safe compared to America especially if you're not into the post-code wars and you're always on your Ps and Qs - no slipping. In the UK, people don't just attack other people for no reason, especially if you understand the g-code. However in America, you can get shot dead just for going where you're not meant to be - that's the honest truth.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

piers morgan has no rights talking about gun laws in america for goodness sake - he's the last person on the planet to air such views. he should leave such talks and concentrate on arsene wenger's management of arsenal fc.
Him being dumb doesn't make him wrong. The guy went all out on his show and called for an outright ban on all guns. Why? Because he has feelings unlike all those pro-gun Americans who believe the only solution is to arm more people with guns. I'm an Arsenal fan, by the way, hence my aversion for him.
PS: every time I type the C word, it gets changed to 'well' upon posting. And when I type ediot(obviously misspelt), it gets totally omitted. Seun, what's wrong o?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

of course, britain has nothing to offer....
health is wealth - any country that cannot provide free healthcare is not a developed country. the term "wealth" has a different meaning to you.....
Crappy Crap. How much wealth has Britain produced with it's health. We have a country called America where Billionaires are emerging year in year out and we have another country where citizens live on welfare afer it has milked it's citizens in the name of tax. It's just a matter of time before Germany annexes Britain. No wonder Ireland pulled out and Scotland wants to follow. The glory days of the British empire is long gone. Very soon you guys will have to look for food elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 9:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

How do you know London isn't as diverse as NY? I honestly doubt there's any city in the world as diverse as London. You've got Colombians in North London; Turkish in North London; Africans everywhere; Asians everywhere; Latinos/Hispanics everywhere; Americans and Canadians in West London; and Oceania people everywhere.

So what makes NYC more diverse than London?

I think the Giuliani gun laws saved NYC. NYC used to be proper rowdy in the 90s, though. Also, the gentrification is helping as well. However, with the invasion of Bloods and Crips - NYC should get back to its old ways in next few years. Anyway, NY niggaz have never really been about killing people like other cities in America; they've always been about hustling and robberies. I guess it's probably because of the level of black consciousness that has always existed in the city. Even the most super-gangster triple OGs in NY are black conscious - and most know about black history and Afrocentrism.
There are several kinds of diversity. I wasn't even referring to race diversity which is debatable as it relates which of both cities is more diverse. I was referring to the different strata of people who call New York home.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Crappy Crap. How much wealth has Britain produced with it's health. We have a country called America where Billionaires are emerging year in year out and we have another country where citizens live on welfare afer it has milked it's citizens in the name of tax. It's just a matter of time before Germany annexes Britain. No wonder Ireland pulled out and Scotland wants to follow. The glory days of the British empire is long gone. Very soon you guys will have to look for food elsewhere.

you are an ignoramus!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
There are several kinds of diversity. I wasn't even referring to race diversity which is debatable as it relates which of both cities is more diverse. I was referring to the different strata of people who call New York home.

Can you define the bolded?

Bear in mind the NYC is little London and the city was modeled after London. And almost all the popular streets in London are also in NYC. wink

However, NYC has an edge over London due to its size, the wonderful structures in Manhattan, and the African American influence.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

you are an ignoramus!
is this all you have to say. Why not dispute what i said. It's common knowledge that Britain is not a force to reckon with in any department. They're living on past glory.

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by UyiIredia(m): 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
I certainly hope the killings aren't part of a larger, sinister plan.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Inoknowbook: 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx: You can twist it all you want, but there are guns everywhere in the UK as well. You can get a repo in London, for as little as £150, within half an hour. You've to be from the bits to know that most of the UK is flowing with so much guns. grin All types of guns.

UK is safe compared to America especially if you're not into the post-code wars and you're always on your Ps and Qs - no slipping. In the UK, people don't just attack other people for no reason, especially if you understand the g-code. However in America, you can get shot dead just for going where you're not meant to be - that's the honest truth.

You guys should stop comparing the US with UK. UK is too tiny for that comparison. Texas alone is more than twice the size of UK, while four to five times the size of England. There is no basis for the comparison whatsoever. The number of crimes in US may be more, but when you take size into consideration, UK may be more crime infested.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by supaeagles(m): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I certainly hope the killings aren't part of a larger, sinister plan.
.....Like boko haram revenging the recent military offensive against their camps
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

Can you define the bolded?

Bear in mind the NYC is little London and the city was modeled after London. And almost all the popular streets in London are also in NYC. wink

However, NYC has an edge over London due to its size, the wonderful structures in Manhattan, and the African American influence.
My pointis that new York is like country and has more challenges than small cities like London. London is a very small city and very easy to manage and the population is also moderate, at least compared to other global cities.

New York is a little London? Now, that's a funny one. Manhattan alone takes london to the cleaners. New York is like a country and was founded and named by the dutch. Britain had nothing to do with it. And it was not modelled after London either. You British people should stop consoling yourself. Your time is over.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
Billyonaire: The Nigerian Consulate in the USA has issued an alert to all Nigerians living in that country to stay indoors and avoid gatherings of all nature especially sub-ways and cinemas due to the incessant killings going on in that country. USA is very unsafe at the moment, and this is because of several gangs and militants agitating for control of the lean allocation of medical marijuana, it could be recalled that last month, 2 terrorist bombed a marathon event in Boston, murdering counts of innocent civilians including women and children, it could also be recalled that a man, 50 yrs of age, was jailed last week for having s3x with a pitbull and another for having s3x with her dog.

It is not the best of times for the struggling president barack oldbama who is struggling to pass gun laws in the former world power and restore sanity to a country who has lost moral values by approving use of dangerous drugs, such as marijuana and legalizing same sex marriage in what could be termed Soddom and Gomorrah of the modern history.

Nigerians are hereby advised to stay indoors and wait for another notification on safety rating while our Nigerian Intelligence in that country monitor the unfortunate events.
nice grin
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Abrakhan: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
uniqueval: HAS BOKO HARAM ERECTED A CAMP THERE...
This type of killing is noy new in Us especially New York man.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
is this all you have to say. Why not dispute what i said. It's common knowledge that Britain is not a force to reckong with in any department. They're living on past glory.
errm... How did you arrive at this? If you wanna compare Britain to the US, please bear in mind that US is a nation of nations. Texas, the richest(or second) state in the US is three times the size of UK yet UK's economy is greater than that of every single state in US. Britain not a force to reckon with? How about the ninety billion pounds they spent on nuclear warheads and submarines not long ago?
People are really starting to underrate the UK and I have a feeling its owing to their size.
If they are not a force to reckon with, why do US have them as their biggest allies? Think man.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: errm... How did you arrive at this? If you wanna compare Britain to the US, please bear in mind that US is a nation of nations. Texas, the richest(or second) state in the US is three times the size of UK yet UK's economy is greater than that of every single state in US. Britain not a force to reckon with? How about the ninety billion pounds they spent on nuclear warheads and submarines not long ago?
People are really starting to underrate the UK and I have a feeling its owing to their size.
If they are not a force to reckon with, why do US have them as their biggest allies? Think man.
A country is a country whether it's the size of 50 countries put together or not. You're not even ashamed to be comparing Britain with states in the US. That's to show you that states in the US are more important than a lot of countries including Britain.

Britain should start by competing with it's fellow European country before thinking of going international. Germany trounces them in many departments.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: Him being dumb doesn't make him wrong. The guy went all out on his show and called for an outright ban on all guns. Why? Because he has feelings unlike all those pro-gun Americans who believe the only solution is to arm more people with guns. I'm an Arsenal fan, by the way, hence my aversion for him.
PS: every time I type the C word, it gets changed to 'well' upon posting. And when I type ediot(obviously misspelt), it gets totally omitted. Seun, what's wrong o?

piers morgan is a loonie....
when his ancestors were pillaging american villages, they got their freedom with those guns. that gun signifies freedom to them. so when a british tells an american to lay down his gun, it's like adding insult to injury.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
My pointis that new York is like country and has more challenges than small cities like London. London is a very small city and very easy to manage and the population is also moderate, at least compared to other global cities.

New York is a little London? Now, that's a funny one. Manhattan alone takes london to the cleaners. New York is like a country and was founded and named by the dutch. Britain had nothing to do with it. And it was not modelled after London either. You British people should stop consoling yourself. Your time is over.
Manhattan? HAVE TOU BEEN TO LONDON CITY? London(including the city) is the most diverse place in the world! Compare NYC to Paris please.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:

NYC not NY state - peep the difference, brother. grin

Anyway, we're talking about crime rate and diversity here, not which is bigger. Obviously, New York state is probably like 10 times(or more) the size of London. Buffalo from NYC is like 6-hours drive, or more. grin And I'll drive around the length, breadth, and width of London in the same 6-hours. grin

Bro., London is arguably the most diverse and liberal city in the world. Heck, even Arabs have their own area out here. The Jews as well.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

piers morgan is a loonie....
when his ancestors were pillaging american villages, they got their freedom with those guns. that gun signifies freedom to them. so when a british tells an american to lay down his gun, it's like adding insult to injury.
True.....
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by dayokanu(m): 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
If only Ombatse can market their anti Gun charms he would rival Bill Gates
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
I no know book:

You guys should stop comparing the US with UK. UK is too tiny for that comparison. Texas alone is more than twice the size of UK, while four to five times the size of England. There is no basis for the comparison whatsoever. The number of crimes in US may be more, but when you take size into consideration, UK may be more crime infested.

Per ratio - America takes the cake.

I doubt you can walk around Brownsville(Brooklyn) by yourself. grin But you should be able to go to Peckham and Brixton by yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Magnitude 7.2 Earthquake Hits Japan. Tsunami Advisory Issued (Video, Photos) / 40 Killed In India Bridge Collapse, 30 Critically Injured, Many Feared Missing / Thieves Burgle Russia's Nuclear War 'Doomsday' Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.