Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York (26187 Views)

– Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. / BREAKING NEWS: Malaysian Passenger Plane Carrying 295 People 'shot Down. / Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: Manhattan? HAVE TOU BEEN TO LONDON CITY? London(including the city) is the most diverse place in the world! Compare NYC to Paris please.
The people with the largest population in London apart from the brits are the Indian/Pakistanis, West Africans and Jamaicans/Carribeans. It's not that diverse if you ask me. New York is still ahead, while London comes second http://www.daynews.com/latest-news/2013/03/top-10-culturally-diverse-cities-in-the-world-15031

But i wasn't even referring to that kind of diversity. I think i explained myself in my earlier post.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Inoknowbook: 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

Can you define the bolded?

Bear in mind the NYC is little London and the city was modeled after London. And almost all the popular streets in London are also in NYC. wink

However, NYC has an edge over London due to its size, the wonderful structures in Manhattan, and the African American influence.

NYC is little London? Are you freaking kidding me? NYC economy is more than twice the size of London's economy. So, who is little here? Anyway, I know you aint serious though.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

NYC not NY state - peep the difference, brother. grin

Anyway, we're talking about crime rate and diversity here, not which is bigger. Obviously, New York state is probably like 10 times(or more) the size of London. Buffalo from NYC is like 6-hours drive, or more. grin And I'll drive around the length, breadth, and width of London in the same 6-hours. grin

Bro., London is arguably the most diverse and liberal city in the world. Heck, even Arabs have their own area out here. The Jews as well.
Due, i know the difference. NYC is made of of the bouroughs of Manhattan, broolyn, Bronx, Queens etc
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
A country is a country whether it's the size of 50 countries put together or not. You're not even ashamed to be comparing Britain with states in the US. That's to show you that states in the US are more important than a lot of countries including Britain.

Britain should start by competing with it's fellow European country before thinking of going international. Germany trounces them in many departments.
Now comparing Germany to UK? Sit Putin and Obama down and ask them who they'd rather have as allies. Britain has nobody to compete with - they own Europe! If Britain leaves the EU today, that is the end of Europe as you know it, but if Germany leaves.......
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

Per ratio - America takes the cake.

I doubt you can walk around Brownsville(Brooklyn) by yourself. grin But you should be able to go to Peckham and Brixton by yourself.

america?
life is safer in iraq than in america. just check out their räpe statistics alone and you would scream. i dunno how a country that practises capital punishment can be that unruly? they just waste money executing offenders - statistics continue to show capital punishment does not deter offenders in the states!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

afam is an ignoramus....
talking about a city he's never been and arguing religiously about it is just an epitome of daftness. comparing london to NYC? what a joke!!!
You didn't remember this fact until i dusted you and you had no fuel to drive on. Tell me my assertions are wrong by providing concrete facts instead of chickening out. Btw, Have you been to NY yourself?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: Now comparing Germany to UK? Sit Putin and Obama down and ask them who they'd rather have as allies. Britain has nobody to compete with - they own Europe! If Britain leaves the EU today, that is the end of Europe as you know it, but if Germany leaves.......
What sort of school did some of you attend? Who's talking about allies? is that what we've been discussing all this while? Pls go to sleep and continue in the morning. WTH.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
The people with the largest population in London apart from the brits are the Indian/Pakistanis, West Africans and Jamaicans/Carribeans. It's not that diverse if you ask me. New York is still ahead, while London comes second http://www.daynews.com/latest-news/2013/03/top-10-culturally-diverse-cities-in-the-world-15031

But i wasn't even referring to that kind of diversity. I think i explained myself in my earlier post.

That's an American link - what do you expect? Heck, dead and old boring Manchester is number 3 on that list. grin Where the F is the diversity in Manchester, UK? Even Birmingham(UK) is more diverse than Manchester!

London is top of the pops, when it comes to diversity. Every nationality is out here. Heck, even Colombians have their own empire in Hackney; and South Americans are taking over South London now. West London is about Arabs, Asians, and Americans/Canadians. Jewish area in North West London etc.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
I no know book:

NYC is little London? Are you freaking kidding me? NYC economy is more than twice the size of London's economy. So, who is little here? Anyway, I know you aint serious though.

The only place worth talking about in NYC is Manhattan - and it's little London. Go ask George Washington. grin
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by InvertedHammer: 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: 25 People Shot (6 Killed) Over 48 Hours In NYC

In other shootings Sunday:
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg in the Ravenswood Houses in Queens at 12:10 a.m.
- A 21-year-old man was shot three times on East New York Ave., Brooklyn, at 2:36 a.m.
- A 20-year-old man was shot in the leg at Bedford Park Blvd. and Webster Ave. in the Bronx at 3:30 a.m.
- A 35-year-old man brought himself to Jamaica Hospital with a gunshot wound in the leg at 4:12 a.m.
- A 15-year-old was shot in his leg and back on Osborn St. in, Brownsville, Brooklyn, at 11:40 a.m.
- A gunman opened fire at Bedford Ave. near Lenox Road in Prospect Lefferts-Gardens around 3:25 p.m.

By mere looking at the pattern (in this case time of occurence), it is apparent that there were some deals going on that went awry...if you know what I mean.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
You didn't remember this fact until i dusted you and you had no fuel to drive on. Tell me my assertions are wrong by providing concrete facts instead of chickening out. Btw, Have you been to NY yourself?

there's no meaningful state i have not been in america and i would not stay in any of them.....NY? the dirtiest city i have ever been with everyone looking like bums? #spits phlegm#

what fact did you dish? if i roll my sleeves and start with you tonight, you would die of shame! tell me facts about the economy of america? what economy? the one that has made sure america has the higher number of homeless people than the poorest countries in africa?

like i said, you are mostly ignorant to the things you type.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Due, i know the difference. NYC is made of of the bouroughs of Manhattan, broolyn, Bronx, Queens etc

Argue based on the five boroughs and not the state(include Staten Island, the forgotten Borough[I love Stapleton lol]).
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by supaeagles(m): 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
InvertedHammer:

By mere looking at the pattern (in this case time of occurence), it is apparent that there were some deals going on that went awry...if you know what I mean.
I agree with your logic, some juju or mammy water is in action here
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

america?
life is safer in iraq than in america. just check out their räpe statistics alone and you would scream. i dunno how a country that practises capital punishment can be that unruly? they just waste money executing offenders - statistics continue to show capital punishment does not deter offenders in the states!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I can't hate on the yanks - they're our brothers. grin

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
What sort of school did some of you attend? Who's talking about allies? is that what we've been discussing all this while? Pls go to sleep and continue in the morning. WTH.
Didn't you say Britain is not a force to reckon with?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

That's an American link - what do you expect? Heck, dead and old boring Manchester is number 3 on that list. grin Where the F is the diversity in Manchester, UK? Even Birmingham(UK) is more diverse than Manchester!

London is top of the pops, when it comes to diversity. Every nationality is out here. Heck, even Colombians have their own empire in Hackney; and South Americans are taking over South London now. West London is about Arabs, Asians, and Americans/Canadians. Jewish area in North West London etc.
So, because it's an American link, it can't be true. Which link should we believe? A British Link or perhaps a Nigerian link? or perhaps what Shymmexx think? I expect you to provide me proof that London is more diverse than NYC like i did for the opposite. You guys can't just make bold assertions and not back it up with fact. It's annoying.

What's the ratio of Americans/Canadians in London to British people in NYC? Are there more jews in London than in NYC?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: Didn't you say Britain is not a force to reckon with?
Is NIgeria not America's ally? I guess Nigeria is also important. Nothing wey we no go hear.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
mycon: o
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT
Okpe! He even emphasized how factual it is... again .. okpe!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

Argue based on the five boroughs and not the state(include Staten Island, the forgotten Borough[I love Stapleton lol]).
You know if we were to argue based on city and not state then we will be comparing the city of London and not London city to NYC. London is a state in it's truest sense and we're even comparing it to a city. It's like comparing Kano to ikeja.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, because it's an American link, it can't be true. Which link should we believe? A British Link or perhaps a Nigerian link? or perhaps what Shymmexx think? I expect you to provide me proof that London is more diverse than NYC like i did for the opposite. You guys can't just make bold assertions and not back it up with fact. It's annoying.

What's the ratio of Americans/Canadians in London to British people in NYC? Are there more jews in London than in NYC?

At the bolded - I can't really say much about the population ration but there are more than 1 million Americans/Canadians in the UK. And at least 80% of them live in London. There are probably more Americans/Canadians(combined) in the UK than Nigerians, to be honest.

I'll go dig up, eGuerrila's link now.

Americans are always about themselves and they think everything starts and ends with them. Most can't even locate London a map, to be honest. grin And how the heck is Manchester(UK), more diverse like Dubai, for example? That link is thrash!!

As for the Jews; They've got a whole area to themselves out here. But I can't really say which country has the most Jewish people.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
coogar:

there's no meaningful state i have not been in america and i would not stay in any of them.....NY? the dirtiest city i have ever been with everyone looking like bums? #spits phlegm#

what fact did you dish? if i roll my sleeves and start with you tonight, you would die of shame! tell me facts about the economy of america? what economy? the one that has made sure america has the higher number of homeless people than the poorest countries in africa?

like i said, you are mostly ignorant to the things you type.
Your hate for America will make you to say things that even you won't believe. let's just for the sake of this discussion assume that you're right about the bolded. What about the number of billionaires and millionaires America breeds yearly? isn't that the sign of a prosperous country? How many Billionaires can Britain boast of? Most of the billionaires in that country are not even from there.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is NIgeria not America's ally? I guess Nigeria is also important. Nothing wey we no go hear.
You are so obtuse! Britain is one of the world's heavyweights and you dare say they are not a force to reckon with? Have you no shame?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Inoknowbook: 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

The only place worth talking about in NYC is Manhattan - and it's little London. Go ask George Washington. grin

Little London is in Connecticut, okay? And it is far prettier than London, UK!
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

At the bolded - I can't really say much about the population ration but there are more than 1 million Americans/Canadians in the UK. And at least 80% of them live in London. There are probably more Americans/Canadians(combined) in the UK than Nigerians, to be honest.

I'll go dig up, eGuerrila's link now.

Americans are always about themselves and they think everything starts and ends with them. Most can't even locate London a map, to be honest. grin And how the heck is Manchester(UK), more diverse like Dubai, for example? That link is thrash!!
Pls stop spreading falsehood...if there are 1 million Americans/Canadians in the UK and 80% are in London, it invariably means that there are 800, 000 Ameri-Canadians in London. Does it mean the American/Canadians are around 10% of London 7.5 million population?

Pls provide an alternate link or at least any proof. I won't just believe anything that proceeds out of your mouth.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: You are so obtuse! Britain is one of the world's heavyweights and you dare say they are not a force to reckon with? Have you no shame?
It seems you've reduced this argument to Military warfare. A great country is not only calculated in what it has in it's arsenal but a correlation of other factors that makes it a great country.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
You know if we were to argue based on city and not state then we will be comparing the city of London and not London city to NYC. London is a state in it's truest sense and we're even comparing it to a city. It's like comparing Kano to ikeja.

Come on, City of London is just like Manhattan - you can't compare that to New York City. And the way city status is given in the UK is different from America. London has two cities - City of Westminster and City of London(according to UK city status-ship). But if we're to use the American definition of a city - then the whole of London should be a city.

Let's use the yank model - NYC vs. London City(Town lol).
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Your hate for America will make you to say things that even you won't believe. let's just for the sake of this discussion assume that you're right about the bolded. What about the number of billionaires and millionaires America breeds yearly? isn't that the sign of a prosperous country? How many Billionaires can Britain boast of? Most of the billionaires in that country are not even from there.
The size issue comes into play again here. Britain is too small for you to compare it with US in terms of billionaires produced.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
tdade: The size issue comes into play again here. Britain is too small for you to compare it with US in terms of billionaires produced.
Size is not even an issue for me. let's talk about economy and other cogent factors. Britain is a dwarf where the US is.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
I no know book:

Little London is in Connecticut, okay? And it is far prettier than London, UK!

Meet me at Soho in Manhattan loooooool.

Fvck that - the REAL SOHO is in London... grin grin grin The fake one is in NYC. tongue
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by coogar: 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:

what's the point of having billionaires when millions are homeless? can't you see the daftness in your point? america is a capitalist country - everything is geared into money. there's no maternity leave in america.

they work themselves to death and the population is 300 million. logic suggests they would have more billionaires and more poor people than the UK......but to have more poor people than most countries in africa suggests something is not right!!!

like i said earlier, wealth has a different meaning to you. if we are talking about billionaires, russia has more per square kilometer than any other country in the world - should that then mean russia is better than germany? afam, stop arguing about the things that are beyond your IQ. the well-being of a country cannot be hinged on the number of billionaires they have - it should hinge on the country with the fewest number of poor people.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Afam4eva(m): 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
shymexx:

Come on, City of London is just like Manhattan - you can't compare that to New York City. And the way city status is given in the UK is different from America. London has two cities - City of Westminster and City of London(according to UK city status-ship). But if we're to use the American definition of a city - then the whole of London should be a city.

Let's use the yank model - NYC vs. London City(Town lol).
Why should we use the yank model and not the British model? Anyways, whichever model that's use still puts London at the mercy of NYC.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why should we use the yank model and not the British model? Anyways, whichever model that's use still puts London at the mercy of NYC.

If we're to use the British model - then there'll be no city in America, to be honest. grin

America will have to wait for the Queen and the Anglican Diocese. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US Calls For ‘Strong African Response’ To Russian Aggression / Mass Shooting In Las Vegas Concert / Magnitude 7.2 Earthquake Hits Japan. Tsunami Advisory Issued (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.