Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO (28925 Views)

See What This Lady Said About Bleaching. / Nigerian Skin-Bleaching Expert Shares Pictures Of His Transformation / Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 04, 2013
Billyonaire: I doubt if you know the meaning of 'tripping'. I know you will check the meaning now, use google.

You still haven't answered my question..your rhetoric is not working dude.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by AlyricistLaura: 10:17am On Jun 04, 2013
The Mentality of "promotion" over political dialog and reasoning for discouragement

The Mentality...

I notice the very small intricate nuances of "seed planting"

"fashion > politics ~ = promotion > progress

My mind is always Light Years Ahead. The Situation of Depleted Cerebral Coding for many of you, Reads
Dire
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by obowunmi(m): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2013
Lies.... angry
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Lilimax(f): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2013
4chi: Jim NWOBODO is the poster boy for male bleaching in Nigeria, way back in the 70s jim already had fanta face and coca cola body. cheesy cheesy
You mean Iru fanta okpa Coke cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2013
Lilimax:
Nah...it's factory fitted cheesy cheesy
factory fitted factory fitted make we see. grin
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by divex(f): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2013
not surprised. Nigerian women are also the most fake in the world. You came to the world a dark girl and because u saw a fair girl who looks nice, you decide to bleach yourself to stupor. The other day I was in a supermarket and a married woman asked me, What r u using on ur skin. I said nothing and she was like and u r this fair. What a pity. Meaning that if you are fair, you must have used something to bleach yourself. Nigerians women learn to have personality and be authentic

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2013
murimoney: wat is dis one saying? opkonu ni eleyi o.
I grew up in lag so I know 4 sure.

You grew up in Lagos ? So ? Have you ever been to every houses in lagos ? Does your lagos stat applies to Yorubas in the other five south western states and other states in Nigeria ?

Funny how a diickhead like you want to impress me with your foolishness.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by AlyricistLaura: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2013
obowunmi: Lies.... angry

not according to nigerian facebook groups......it appears 1 out of every 6 female profiles looks like she has tampered with her color

i think some of you are bad at spotting bleachers, ....It's easier for a Beige person to spot a fake Beige person..

You look at the contrast between inner palm, and outer exterior top hand.

If the colors are too close, that indicates bleaching

many naija women have the same color beige on their inner palms as they do the top hand

this is not possible

my inner palms are pink, not light brown.

Lightskin bleaching naija women have Light Brown over Light Brown, like a muthafoukin Coffee Cake
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Osyxcel(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2013
Billyonaire:

So you believe that 60% of Nigerians live below a dollar ? A dollar is 160 Naira at most remember ......

I agree with you. It was 72% before, now 60%? Anyhow, it's still not correct. Those figures are always exaggerated
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by collynzo2(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria does not have demographic or biometric database, so not even the Nigerian census board knows the number of Nigerians in this country as a fact. So how did World Health gather their statistics ?
Pulled out of their anus as usual, nothing new.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Okijajuju: 10:29am On Jun 04, 2013
murimoney: factory fitted factory fitted make we see. grin

See wetin?!

So that you go vex go buy 1 carton of Tura.. grin
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by AlyricistLaura: 10:29am On Jun 04, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

"Lightskin" People can spot "Fake" "Lightskin" People a Mile Away.

Absolutely Disgusting.

See what i mean?

Look at the hands......

It's easy to tell....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You grew up in Lagos ? So ? Have you ever been to every houses in lagos ? Does your lagos stat applies to Yorubas in the other five south western states and other states in Nigeria ?

Funny how a diickhead like you want to impress me with your foolishness.
OK I don hear u. professor Bluetooth the tribalist. u must be a Yoruba man trying to defend ur tribe knowing deep down beneath ur mind the truth.
its normal.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by AlyricistLaura: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2013
what i have noticed is, in terms of African Women, it always seems to be the "tweeners" who want to get lighter/remain lighter

I rarely see very very very Dark African Queens Bleach.

9 times out of 10 it's the women who are my color.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Cusubaba(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2013
Black is beautiful. I also don't like people that bleach their skin but where i come from we have many natural fair skin people. When this my Igbo little sister grow up, these inferior minded people will also say that she is bleaching. Nonsense...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by deleteme: 10:33am On Jun 04, 2013
HELEN PAUL...............
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by AlyricistLaura: 10:34am On Jun 04, 2013
These people make everything a tribal issue.....smh

It's a mentality issue, not a tribal issue.

for starters this should be a political discussion in the political section, not a fashion discussion in the fashion section

Self hate is "Fashionable" Now?...oh really?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 04, 2013
Okija juju:

See wetin?!

So that you go vex go buy 1 carton of Tura.. grin
lol grin
I tire o see as she dey shout factory fitted 4 thread since. n I no see am.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by 50calibre(m): 10:35am On Jun 04, 2013
Billyonaire:

So you believe that 60% of Nigerians live below a dollar ? A dollar is 160 Naira at most remember, and conductors earn 5000 naira per day, Okada riders make average of 8,000 naira per day. In my village, my gradnmom pays labourers 2,500 naira per day's job. The cleaners are paid 15,000 naira per month (divide by 30). And these happens to be the poor bracket, yet none earns less than 160 naira per day. I want to also tell you this fact. That 1000 naira has more value in USA than in Nigeria. Houses are cheaper in USA than in Nigeria. Hotel accomodations are cheaper in USA than Nigeria. etc etc etc.

Learn to read and travel, and you will realize that you have been f00led all along by those who throw figures around. American girls bleach their skins more than Nigerians. The whites use more fading agents than blacks. if you doubt me, ask dermatologists.

WHAT!!!! With statements like this, I can't even take you serious. That's the most ridiculous and ill-informed statement I've seen this year.

I see you me mentioning how much okada riders, cleaners etc earns but you fail to know that income is different from daily expenditure. Someone can earn 5k a day and still spend just 100 naira because there are lots of other responsibilities to be taken care of. You say 30k monthly is big, how is that big? Take away transportation, accommodation, kids school fees ( if applicable) miscellaneous, and how much is left?

I think you should heed your own advice, try to read and travel more because this comment shows an extremely high level ignorance. As for me, don't bother, I'm well traveled for my age

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2013
Cusubaba: Black is beautiful. I also don't like people that bleach but where i come from we have many natural fair skin people. When this my Igbo little sister grow up, these inferior minded people will also say that she bleaching. Nonsense...
gbagaun u rang d bell grin
we don hear u. grin
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by AlyricistLaura: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2013
Cusubaba: Black is beautiful. I also don't like people that bleach but where i come from we have many natural fair skin people. When this my Igbo little sister grow up, these inferior minded people will also say that she bleaching. Nonsense...

Lightskin Girls start bleaching later on to "remain" lightskin and remove traces of sun tan

that's the part of the bleaching epidemic most guys can't comprehend

it's not always about "becoming" lightskin, it is more about "maintaining" light brown skin.

Light Girls Bleach more then Dark Girls. IMO

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2013
This is so true and I just commented on a thread on how some chics were amazed that I'v proudly been usin my pears baby and stil havin a great skin!went to a cosmetic shop and evry thing was all abt whitener!mixin al sort of nonsence and ending up with disgustin hands and feet with red blue pink green purple veins tryin 2 burst out of their skin! Evn men now bleach!!had to walk out of a relationshp wen d guy wanted to force me into usin al those rubbish,now d "white women"luk disgustin to him he's probably tired of spending too much on their mixed concotion he wants me back!and now luvin my brown skin.Godforbid !may God help us.Black is bold and beautiful.Black girls rock!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by pulel(f): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2013
Libkid: Na wash.where did they get thier fact.abegi

D get their fact from the amount of bleachin products coming into naija for 1. D no of nigerians with funny skin color is anoda 1.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by juman(m): 10:39am On Jun 04, 2013
The WHO statistic probably is wrong, but there is skin bleaching problem that needed to be tackle.
Re: Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO by AlyricistLaura: 10:40am On Jun 04, 2013
peppy luv: This is so true and I just commented on a thread on how some chics were amazed that I'v proudly been usin my pears baby and stil havin a great skin!went to a cosmetic shop and evry thing was all abt whitener!mixin al sort of nonsence and ending up with disgustin hands and feet with red blue pink green purple veins tryin 2 burst out of their skin! Evn men now bleach!!had to walk out of a relationshp wen d guy wanted to force me into usin al those rubbish,now d "white women"luk disgustin to him he's probably tired of spending too much on their mixed concotion he wants me back!and now luvin my brown skin.Godforbid !may God help us.Black is bold and beautiful.Black girls rock!

Interesting Testimony By a native woman, i need to log this in my files.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Do Women Gain By Exposing Their Bodies? / Girls Uses Indomie To Style Hair!! [pic] / Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.