Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others (14689 Views)

Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) / Lagos Buys 30 New Buses For Intra-City Transportation (2) (3) (4)

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Greatken007(m): 10:46am On Jun 05, 2013
EPOMA:

Akpabio only concentrates on roads which are easy for him to inflate price and steal money. All the road are costed at 2.7billion naira per kilometre . People should stop all this world class this and world that. Those roads are not upto standards in other third world countries like Singapore . Second to the last picture, the culvert are not levelled at all and are not straight . Road markings by now should be made with white tar and be very straight. I get ashame when we keep using all this words.
I have 2 commissioner friend in akwa IBM, one of the steals upto 300 million from his ministry every month, the other take about 10 million a month. Those guys are just stealing money in akwa IBom . If the people know what akpabio and his boys are up to, they will keep quiet. My take is that he does not do enough for the masses
GO AND SLEEP MY FRIEND,WE ARE NT COMPLAINNING

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by sirugos(m): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2013
Rochas okorocha should go and learn from this man akpabio... No be to make noise

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by cjrane: 10:58am On Jun 05, 2013
Akpabio never gets tired of developing his state and The haters are there bad mouthing the good man.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by searay(m): 10:59am On Jun 05, 2013
pendusky: aka road/IBB juncthon uyo
na this place where I come miss road. People laugh me tire.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by dulphines: 11:07am On Jun 05, 2013
taharqa2: Will you SHUT it already, Clown??... Aregbesola? Are u actuali comparing Aregbesola with Akpabio? No kidding?? Aregbe wud NEVER get remotely close to what Akpabio has done in his state infrastructure-wise and in oda areas, even if he was allowd 4 consecutive terms of 20 yrs! So lose that line of thinking; it is not even funny...

Bro, read the guy's comment carefully. He didn't in anyway compare Akpabio's infrastructural development with Aregbesola's but rather said Akpabio should work on "transformational and inter generational development" that will bring about transformation and well-being of the people, bla bla bla bla!
Note: I'm not a fan of any of the Governors, just concerned with how you interpreted Bloggernaija's comment.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 05, 2013
This Akpabio is a bad man. After such heavy infrastructural development in your state, he will come to delta state to tell the governor he is doing well. So sad.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Chubhie: 11:11am On Jun 05, 2013
Nice one Akpabio. i have one piece of advice for him.....Get men to amplify half of what you are doing and your name will be top list to become president.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by dulphines: 11:11am On Jun 05, 2013
EPOMA:

Akpabio only concentrates on roads which are easy for him to inflate price and steal money. All the road are costed at 2.7billion naira per kilometre . People should stop all this world class this and world that. Those roads are not upto standards in other third world countries like Singapore . Second to the last picture, the culvert are not levelled at all and are not straight . Road markings by now should be made with white tar and be very straight. I get ashame when we keep using all this words.
I have 2 commissioner friend in akwa IBM, one of the steals upto 300 million from his ministry every month, the other take about 10 million a month. Those guys are just stealing money in akwa IBom . If the people know what akpabio and his boys are up to, they will keep quiet. My take is that he does not do enough for the masses

How did you know they steal that much from their respective ministry? Are you their banker?

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by anonimi: 11:28am On Jun 05, 2013
EPOMA:

Akpabio only concentrates on roads which are easy for him to inflate price and steal money. All the road are costed at 2.7billion naira per kilometre .

That means he is better than Fashola in stealing the state money.
Fashola is only EXPANDING 13kms of Ikorodu Road for 30b.
And that includes IGR money directly from the wallets, pockets, purses and handbags of residents of Lagos.

Allah, wayo pass wayo!!!

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EPOMA(m): 11:36am On Jun 05, 2013
anonimi:

That means he is better than Fashola in stealing the state money.
Fashola is only EXPANDING 13kms of Ikorodu Road for 30b.
And that includes IGR money directly from the wallets, pockets, purses and handbags of residents of Lagos.

Allah, wayo pass wayo!!!
Am not supporting any of them. It just wrong
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EPOMA(m): 11:39am On Jun 05, 2013
dulphines:

How did you know they steal that much from their respective ministry? Are you their banker?

I told you that I know this people personally and you still skiing how did I know. I can even break down how money I can even tell you how money is stolen from ministry level. If I tell you you now that gods will give Goodluck Jonathan wife about 2 billion naira a month you will want to argue abi
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Afam4eva(m): 11:40am On Jun 05, 2013
ba7man: Those roads make me feel like driving fast on them!!! There are more people walking on those roads than cars though. Akpabio has to think deeper and further than roads now.....at least he has the funds....Skill acquisition centers, attraction of industries and Education will be a welcome addition. The environment is inviting enough.
You're very right. While i commend Akpabio for the infrastructure that he has put together, he has to build more human infrastructure by empowering the people of Akwa Ibom state. There has to be a balance between the people and the infrastructure but in this case it seems the infrastructure far outweighs the human resources. But Akpabio remains the best governor in NIgeria.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by anonimi: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2013
EPOMA:
Am not supporting any of them. It just wrong

Neithe am I inisnuating that you are my bro.

Both of them need to be jailed for massive corruption.
But that is not likely to happen as we dey sing dem praise for the shine shine oyoyo projects and keep CONSOLING ourselves they are better than their predecessors so we should give glory to God.
SMH!!!
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Maybe you think Lagos belongs to you because you are a Yoruba man. Sorry for you. Osun man like you go dey claim Lagos.

Let me tell you this: We own lagos. We non-indigenes. We make Lagos tick. Without us, Lagos would be just like Ibadan or Ife or Ogbomosho or Ijebu Ode.

What makes Lagos tick:
The banks: We own them. Diamond, Stanbic IBTC, Zenith, UBA, you name it.
The Airlines: We own them.- Arik and Aero. Edo & Delta. Ibru and Aruremi.
The TV stations: We own them. Channels, AIT, Silverbird...you name it.
The Hotels: We own them. Federal Palace, Sheraton, Four Points, the new Marriot, and a whole lot others.
Or is it the ports? Na we dey import everything that passes through.

As if the infrastructure that makes Lagos tick was built by Awo. Gowon built the infrastructure. Even the money that built the infrastructure came from down south. So what the heck is this talk about go back to your village.

Akwa Ibom is making progress and peoiple celebrate but you here throwing jealous rants. Maybe the reason for your fear is that the owners of everything that makes Lagos tick would start considering moving to Akwa Ibom. Nonsense!!
BROS DON'T MIND THEM ABEG, I SEE N-DELTA IS OVER LOOKING SOME SILLY PEOPLE AROUND, EVEN ABOKI THEY CLAM ABUJA TO BE THEIR OWN....I URGE U GUYZ KNOW THAT ABUJA & LAGOS ARE BEEN BUILD UP WITH THE HELP OF N-DELTA WEALTH....RESPECT N-DELTA, GREAT EDO STATE...

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by dolphinife: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Maybe you think Lagos belongs to you because you are a Yoruba man. Sorry for you. Osun man like you go dey claim Lagos.

Let me tell you this: We own lagos. We non-indigenes. We make Lagos tick. Without us, Lagos would be just like Ibadan or Ife or Ogbomosho or Ijebu Ode.

What makes Lagos tick:
The Hotels: We own them. Federal Palace, Sheraton, Four Points, the new Marriot, and a whole lot others.

As if the infrastructure that makes Lagos tick was built by Awo. Gowon built the infrastructure. Even the money that built the infrastructure came from down south. So what the heck is this talk about go back to your village.

Akwa Ibom is making progress and peoiple celebrate but you here throwing jealous rants. Maybe the reason for your fear is that the owners of everything that makes Lagos tick would start considering moving to Akwa Ibom. Nonsense!!

you better shut that your mouth??
THE BANKS: Dangote owns 50% shares of Zenith and UBA for your information. WEMA BANK, GTB, FIRST BANK, UNION BANK, are owned and controlled by the YORUBA PEOPLE....
THE AIRLINES: ARIK AIRLINE is wholly owned by OBASANJO, he put ARUMEMI AND PETER ODILI as stooge, AERO has been taken over by AMCON, the IBRU family has lost it. HAK air is owned by HARRY KUTI, CAVERTON AND AOS HELICOPTERS are owned by the YORUBAS except BRISTOW HELICOPTERS, the biggest company that owns private jets in Nigeria are EXECUJET and EVERGREEN APPLE, owned by the YORUBAS.....WHAT ELSE?
TV STATIONS: AIT is owned by BABANGIDA, TVC is owned by TINUBU, HITV is also owned by a YORUBA MAN: The best hotel in LAGOS STATE is owned by a YORUBA MAN(ORIENTAL HOTEL), JIMOH IBRAHIM owns NICON HILTON HOTEL, 70% of the hotels in IKEJA and ISLAND are owned by the Yorubas...........so dnt start what you can't finish
If you are talking about the PORT, DANGOTE, MIKE ADENUGA, OBAT OIL and WALE TINUBU generates and contributes 80% of the revenue of the PORT.....make your findings about this. The IGBOS only do menial jobs at the SEAPORT.
Mention any sector in this Lagos state that the YORUBAS does not enjoy considerate amount of patronage and recognition.
LET FEDERAL GOVT WITHHOLD THE FEDERAL ALLOCATION OF AKWA IBOM STATE FOR JUST 6 MONTHS AND LET'S SEE IF THE WHOLE OF AKWA IBOM WILL NOT COLLAPSE....BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 05, 2013
bloggernaija:

World class road for world class poverty .look at the poverty/misery of the people on thay road in spite of the stupendous monthly allocation .those road /flashy hotels will not be in the same condition in a few years but the poverty will remain constant .
If you want to know about transformational and inter generational development.look no further than aregbesola and what he his doing to transform the future of the kids of osun state.some of those kids will become great someday.
That is how you build a nation .if it is so good as you say, you can move there.i have been to akwa ibom before and even know when the then commissioner for local government affair akpabio was scheming for the governorship.but nowhere in this country is so harder to make money and nowhere is it more difficult to survive without money than uyo.
If you have many ,you will enjoy yourself like no other place even before akpabio.uyo girls are quite generous
The elites are swimming in so much money and their children are arrogant . the everyday people are poor but very nice and friendly .
Personally, I think the poor in that state need a governor who will concentrate on human capital development since the money is available .education ,health ,agriculture &housing . A typical state in the southeast and southwest have the critical mass of educated middleclass professionals at home and abroad.akwa ibom needs a champion to build that for them

Very hard to make money in Akwa iBom state? You dunno what you're talking about, or you probably started the wrong kinda biz that didn't appeal to the people living in Akwa ibom state.
Before you start a business wherever, you must consider what's trending and not in that environment. You must also invest in businesses that can fetch you profits.
You don't just sway into a place and start up a business you like without carefully examining and considering the population, their most important needs and stuff like that. Duh!
Progress is being made- acknowledge that!

Akwa ibom ado okay.
I agree we 're not there yet, but we're on the way- that's something.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 05, 2013
Please my beloved state is trying, the Gov is working - obviously.
Constructive criticisms are supported, unnecessary jealousy and absurd criticisms are not funny.

AKWA IBOM ADO OK!!! :-)

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
cjrane: Akpabio never gets tired of developing his state and The haters are there bad mouthing the good man.

My dear let them hate. I'm fine with him as long as he is working amidst the tapping, his work is visible- even the blind can see it. Hehe :-)

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Charles1234: 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ricky_Ross: These are world class roads in rural communities in Akwa Ibom and its free for all. In Lagos these roads/bridges must be tolled.
Totally Agree with you smileyWhen Lagos state build an infrastructure that is quality of this standard with tax payer money the govermor still want to toll it even with the massive tax renue the state receive every months.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by bibina: 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
PapaBrowne:

What makes Lagos tick:
The Newspapers: Guardian, Thisday, Vanguard, and the rest of the best.

Akwa Ibom is making progress and peoiple celebrate but you here throwing jealous rants. Maybe the reason for your fear is that the owners of everything that makes Lagos tick would start considering moving to Akwa Ibom and Lagos would suddenly look like Abeokuta. Nonsense!!

This is the most sensible write up in this forum! i support you die. We all own Lagos!!!!!!! the yorubas are known to be living in mud storey buildings, if you doubt this go to Ekiti, Osun, Ondo and the rest

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by obailala(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Why not tell your brothers to relocate from Lagos to Akwa. Ibom. After all it has an International Airport and a Seaport as well as "World-Class" Infrastructure....

Did you say God Forbid??

I thought as much.....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sometimes I marvel at the way sycophancy takes away the reasoning of some individuals. How can any right thinking person compare the economy of Lagos (a former national capital) to anywhere else?.. Very soon they will say it's Fashola or ACN that makes people migrate to Lagos..#SMH

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Charles1234: 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
obailala:
Sometimes I marvel at the way sycophancy takes away the reasoning of some individuals. How can a right thinking person compare the economy of Lagos to anywhere else?.. Very soon they will say it's Fashola or ACN that makes people migrate to Lagos..#SMH
Nobody is comparing Lagos with any state and by the way since the economy is larger than any state economy and they receive more tax revenue also and they have much more investor or Major company then that should be a reason why the state governor shouldn't always toll every massive road that is build with tax payer money.
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Inik(m): 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
Akpabio has completely transformed the landscape of Akwa ibom. Prior to his emergence as Governor in 2007, our roads were in a state of decay and disrepair, in those days you could literally count off your fingers the number of good roads in the state. Today the situation is different!
The quality of roads in Akwa ibom is the best you can find in the country and elsewhere in the world. Bad roads have been repaired and new ones built from scratch and dotted in both the rural and urban areas of the state. As i am tying this, road construction machines are working on the road in my street. One thing that residents of the state enjoy especially those in Uyo is driving/travelling on smooth roads without the discomfiture of potholes.

We have not achieved El-dorado status yet, the next area Akpabio should seriously look into is the area of human capital development. Unemployment rate in the state is quite high and the highest employer of labour still remains the state government. Akwa ibom is ripe enough to throw away the "civil service cloak" and wear a new apparel of industrial growth and development. We need small scale and large scale industries that will provide jobs for our youths. Hopefully when the independent power plant at Ikot abasi is completed and the Ibaka sea port is up and running, the state will become "the Mecca' for investors and industrialists!

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Keneeby(m): 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
God have answered our prayers, we were nt recogniz and other state looked down on us bt now d story hv changed we r nw d leading state in Nigeria. Akwa Ibomites r been respected any part of d country. 'D stone dat d builders rejected becomes a chief corner stone' thnk U Jesus!

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by dulphines: 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
EPOMA:

I told you that I know this people personally and you still skiing how did I know. I can even break down how money I can even tell you how money is stolen from ministry level. If I tell you you now that gods will give Goodluck Jonathan wife about 2 billion naira a month you will want to argue abi

Na wa o, what will Jonathan's wife be doing with 2 billion naira monthly with all the money they have? Guy, you sound strongly connected, link me up with those guys. I need money to finance my proposed project.
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Inik(m): 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
frodobee: ^^ did you say its very hard to make money in Akwa-Ibom? Please elucidate on that. I have intentions of moving my business down there.
What type of business are you into? Pls move your business down here, the business environment here is serene & condusive and depending on the type of business you are into you will have access to relatively cheap labour.
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Inik(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
yuzedo: hope he gived poeple mony for "MISTEH BIGGS"... and Prado. undecided
yes and many tinzs too wink if you come to akwa ibom and behef lik a good boi, i will give yuo babe with ice cream laps and biggb brests cheesy gaddemnit! mods dont hide my pose sad
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by topazjosh(m): 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2013
bloggernaija:

World class road for world class poverty .look at the poverty/misery of the people on thay road in spite of the stupendous monthly allocation .those road /flashy hotels will not be in the same condition in a few years but the poverty will remain constant .
If you want to know about transformational and inter generational development.look no further than aregbesola and what he his doing to transform the future of the kids of osun state.some of those kids will become great someday.
That is how you build a nation .if it is so good as you say, you can move there.i have been to akwa ibom before and even know when the then commissioner for local government affair akpabio was scheming for the governorship.but nowhere in this country is so harder to make money and nowhere is it more difficult to survive without money than uyo.
If you have many ,you will enjoy yourself like no other place even before akpabio.uyo girls are quite generous
The elites are swimming in so much money and their children are arrogant . the everyday people are poor but very nice and friendly .
Personally, I think the poor in that state need a governor who will concentrate on human capital development since the money is available .education ,health ,agriculture &housing . A typical state in the southeast and southwest have the critical mass of educated middleclass professionals at home and abroad.akwa ibom needs a champion to build that for them
abeg joor,wen will u pple stop overhyping dis aregbe of a man,fact akwa ibom get much more than osun but u can't rubbish akpabio works by merely coparing him with aregbe,he may be trying tho but my own prob be say make una no dey shout that short man name like say him don turn osun to dubai,even the so called opon imo can't guaranty the students or make them best perfoming student in nigeria
Una too dey overhyped,haba!
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Garrithe1st: 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
obailala:
Sometimes I marvel at the way sycophancy takes away the reasoning of some individuals. How can any right thinking person compare the economy of Lagos (a former national capital) to anywhere else?.. Very soon they will say it's Fashola or ACN that makes people migrate to Lagos..#SMH

Lagos was Capital.... How many years ago??

Abeg park well joor!!!
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Aderostock(m): 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
PapaBrowne:

What makes Lagos tick:

Akwa Ibom is making progress and peoiple celebrate but you here throwing jealous rants. Maybe the reason for your fear is that the owners of everything that makes Lagos tick would start considering moving to Akwa Ibom and Lagos would suddenly look like Abeokuta. Nonsense!!

This tells you that there are only two ethnic groups in Nigeria. Yoruba and others ( urhobo, Igbo, itsekiris, Edo, Ibibio, Enang, Efik, Ijaw)
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by topazjosh(m): 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
PapaBrowne:

What makes Lagos tick:

dunno y I have lots of love and passion 4 south south,I would have blast u back if not so,you may be right tho wit some of ur points ,if e were 2 b a south eastern dude he won't be able to point to one certain too aside bragging,but all the same watch ur mouth papa browne,I love south south
But omo yoruba ni mi,oya giv me 1 akwa ibom lady
I love south west.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by topazjosh(m): 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
obinna-kenedo:
they own agberos and tolls collectors. Lol
yea dem don show,with their name and what they spit out u will surely know whom they are,u better speak for ursef,full blooded armed robbers and ritualist is a normal thing in ur region,omo nna

Bala Mohammed: Nigeria Will Be Lucky To Have Wike As President / Buhari Writes Senate, Requests For Confirmation Of 19 RECs, Other Appointments / CBN, Abokifx And The Resurgence Of Authoritarian Regulation

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83