Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others (14693 Views)

Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) / Lagos Buys 30 New Buses For Intra-City Transportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by INFO70: 5:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
snowytee: Seriously,young man,why are u hating?Have u eaten today?Don't get so aggressive,take a chill pill.We have witnessed govs that eat the allocation and do no work,now that we have someone that is chopping and working,allow us to applaud him.We are still hoping for the one that will not chop buh work.So,ryt now,Akpabio is God's will for Akwa Ibom state.Ka ke tieh ke isong

Bros u get mouth o. U have finished this guy well well.
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by obi58: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
@ eko ile :
Park well. Ђɑ̤̥̈̊√ǝ̩̩̩̥ you been to akwa ibom before? I'm sure if you did you won't be hating so much.

Regardless of the monthly subvention to the state, I'm sure akpabio could Ђɑ̤̥̈̊√ǝ̩̩̩̥ decided to loot the state blind without embarking on all the noteworthy projects he has been involved in. Yes he eats his own share of the national cake but at least the common man on the street can see with his eyes that a lot of good things ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ happenin in his state. If you were there I'm 120% sure ΰ would Ђɑ̤̥̈̊√ǝ̩̩̩̥ looted faR more and done far less.

We don't need to argue abt newspaper reports! If ΰ Ђɑ̤̥̈̊√ǝ̩̩̩̥ cash just take a flight to uyo and start to witness the difference right frm when ΰ disembark from the plane. You need to see for yourself.

Take it or leave it, for someone who has lived in both cities, (borN and bred in lag finished from unilag) far far more development per square metre ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ taking place in aks.

You talk abt the massive oil revenue akpabio has to play with, ђã†‎​ about the enormous IGR Lagos earns in addition to its monthly allocation? Wht projects cn you boast of except for tolled roads and BRT? Don't ΰ think there ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ also enormous leakage there?

Face the fact as a former state capital with one of the largest economies in Africa much of what makes Lagos tick ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ the product of the hardwork of its inhabitants and much much less its government.

Yes Fashola ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ a far better man than that thief Tinubu but in М̣̣̥̇̊​γ̥​ thinking the governmet can do far more to transform the landscape of the state.

For akwaibom, take it or leave infrastructure wise, you Ђɑ̤̥̈̊√ǝ̩̩̩̥ to give it to the man. Just take a tRip to rivers, abia and delta and tell me if those governors don't receive massive allocations too. That said, in the next 2 yrs, akpabio must put his money where his mouth ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ and focus more on human capital development, job creation and industrial development

1 Like

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Abagworo(m): 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
ehispapa:

Did you just called Singapore a third world country? Kai must you talk and expose your.... ign...?

Of course Singapore,UAE, Saudi Arabia and Brazil are 3rd world countries.
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EkoIle1: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
t-something:

My dear brother, if u had spent time to read the first paragraph of my post, you would have seen that I replied you just to correct the lies you are peddling and not to defend the government. Again I still say TROPICANA has a contract value of 33billion and ur paper excerpt only said 75billion is ”believed" to have been spent. They carefully used that word because they don't have any proof except lies peddled about by mischievous people .
Back to your reply, your now saying the government shouldn't have spent money on an entertainment centre, but in your earlier post you said a govt should invest in parks and recreation. You also said he should bring in investors. Please I would like to ask, In which shop can u find investors and pick them off the shelf? Investors only come when there is an enabling environment. Now for you to catalyse their coming, govts have resulted to building business ventures and later selling them off to private concerns since most investors are afraid of taking the risk of investing in a virgin area. Ibom Tropicana is one of such investments Akwa Ibom state govt has started. If you read well, you would have seen where I stated that the cinema is currently being managed by Silverbird (Private investor) and the Hotel will be managed by Hilton group (Private Investor) .
In addition to creating employment and man power training in these fields, These investors also come with other smaller firms which provide support services to these main investors and the chain continues.
Note Akwa Ibom is not as privileged as Lagos which has FG presence. We have had to provide everything for our selves and even repaired the FG roads cos we are the ones using them. Hence you don't expect Uyo to just be a choice destination for investment overnight. It starts from somewhere.
I sincerely invite you to come to Akwa Ibom to come and see things for yourself. I state here on my honour I will be responsible for your Hotel bills and taking you round to see and feel things for yourself .

Do you have any official and credible document to dispute the figures with? If not, I'l go with N75 billion. And even at N30 Billion, it's still mad crazy and irresponsible.

Creating business enviroment means giving the private sectors incentives like tax breaks, subsidized or free land to build on, not spending your own tax payers money on goofy projects .

Again, no sensible and responsible government invests in entertainment projects talk less tens of billions.

I don't get what you mean by FG presence because every state has FG presence and furthermore, it's meaningless since Akwa Ibom with just 3 million people posts larger budgets than Lagos state sate with 20 million people so lay off that track especially since Lagos has more and better projects commisioned and in the pipe line?

Lagos state's generated money from allocations and taxes is around N320 billion which they work hard to generate while Akwa just sits and collect the largest share in allocation that funds it's budget. The budget for 2013 is N539 billion while Lagos budget is N497 billion.

What government boasts such money for only 3 million people and still ends up with not a single visionary project and is only confined to roads and generic projects in 2013?

Is it not ridiculous that the main project guzzling so much state funds is a crappy entertainment complex and not schools, hospitals, safety and secerity, man power developement and many more critical services?

What are you so gladly defending here?
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by rooftech: 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
no matter what truth will prevail,this man is a con artist
produced by the nigerian media
remember igbinedion of edo who was always getting the best governor award
time will tell
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Abagworo(m): 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Do you have any official and credible document to dispute the figures with? If not, I'l go with N75 billion. And even at N30 Billion, it's still mad crazy and irresponsible.

Creating business enviroment means giving the private sectors incentives like tax breaks, subsidized or free land to build on, not spending your own tax payers money on goofy projects .

Again, no sensible and responsible government invests in entertainment projects talk less tens of billions.

I don't get what you mean by FG presence because every state has FG presence and furthermore, it's meaningless since Akwa Ibom with just 3 million people posts larger budgets than Lagos state and I mean over N140 billion more than Lagos state with 20 million people so lay off that track especially since Lagos has more and better projects commisioned and in the pipe line?

Lagos state's generated money from allocations and taxes is around N320 billion which they work hard to generate while Akwa just sits and collect the largest share in allocation that funds it's budget. The budget for 2013 is N539 billion while Lagos budget is N497 billion.

What government boasts such money for only 3 million people and still ends up with not a single visionary project and is only confined to roads and generic projects in 2013?

Is it not ridiculous that the main project guzzling so much state funds is a crappy entertainment complex and not schools, hospitals, safety and secerity, man power developement and many more critical services?

How did you get your figures that Lagos is 20million and Akwa-Ibom 3million. IMHO Lagos is about 12million and Akwa-Ibom close to 5million.

That said, tell me if you believe that without other Nigerians, Lagos would have thrived. I've used Aba and Onitsha severally to prove that culture, inhabitants and history of a city plays more role in attracting investors than the Government in Nigeria. Donald Duke embarked on infrastructural revolution like Akpabio and even added a FTZ as well as seaport but investors still prefer siting industries in Aba than Calabar.
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by obi58: 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
Eko ile- am still expecting your response to М̣̣̥̇̊​γ̥​ earlier post.

Meanwhile, back to the matter regardless of the amount spent are the state inhabitants complaining of such an expenditure on an entertainment park? The project provides JOBS and a place to visit at the weekends!correct me if I'm mistaken but ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ tourism not another means of revenue geneRation? Just take a look at dubai? What's Ųя beef? That with your 320billion IGR Ųя governor ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ yet to provide a credible alternative to your 3rd mainland bridge? And you re regularly stuck in Ųя car (or danfo)in hold ups wishin ΰ could be awarded a contract in aks?
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EkoIle1: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
obi58: Eko ile- am still expecting your response to М̣̣̥̇̊​γ̥​ earlier post.

Meanwhile, back to the matter regardless of the amount spent are the state inhabitants complaining of such an expenditure on an entertainment park? The project provides JOBS and a place to visit at the weekends!correct me if I'm mistaken but ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ tourism not another means of revenue geneRation? Just take a look at dubai? What's Ųя beef? That with your 320billion IGR Ųя governor ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ yet to provide a credible alternative to your 3rd mainland bridge? And you re regularly stuck in Ųя car (or danfo) wishin ΰ could be awarded a contract in aks?

What was your question again cos all I saw was a broad statement?
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by kinguwem: 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
Akpabio should be commended for infrastructural developments in some parts of the state. My concern is the cost of the projects & the absence of industries for job creation. The people are poor & have a high lifestyle. Because of poverty there is so much believe in superstition.
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EkoIle1: 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
Abagworo:

How did you get your figures that Lagos is 20million and Akwa-Ibom 3million. IMHO Lagos is about 12million and Akwa-Ibom close to 5million.

That said, tell me if you believe that without other Nigerians, Lagos would have thrived. I've used Aba and Onitsha severally to prove that culture, inhabitants and history of a city plays more role in attracting investors than the Government in Nigeria. Donald Duke embarked on infrastructural revolution like Akpabio and even added a FTZ as well as seaport but investors still prefer siting industries in Aba than Calabar.

What census are you going by? 2006? Sounds like you gave lagos the bogus and unrealistic 2006 numbers, but you moves Akwas up. If you are going to use 2006, then Akwa ibom is still 2 million.

Anyways, I reason with the rest of your post..
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Tigerhead: 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
Godswill is performing. The next governor will go on to develop human capital. If the governors in the south west did half of what he is doing the SW region would have been a paradise.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Abagworo(m): 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
kinguwem: Akpabio should be commended for infrastructural developments in some parts of the state. My concern is the cost of the projects & the absence of industries for job creation. The people are poor & have a high lifestyle. Because of poverty there is so much believe in superstition.

Akpabio cannot build industries. It is left for the Akwa-Ibomites in diaspora to come home and invest. Akwa-Ibom today is experiencing huge capital flight because of Julius Berger handling most of the contracts. More than 80% of the money leaves Akwa-Ibom to Lagos and Abuja. The vehicles and materials used in construction are bought from other States or imported while the high salary earners in JB live in Abuja, Lagos and abroad.

As a start he should try and increase local content at least in the inner rural areas to alleviate poverty.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by obi58: 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

What was your question again cos all I saw was a broad statement?

Mr eko ile Ђɑ̤̥̈̊√ǝ̩̩̩̥ ΰ been to akwa ibom before?
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EkoIle1: 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
obi58:

Mr eko ile Ђɑ̤̥̈̊√ǝ̩̩̩̥ ΰ been to akwa ibom before?

Yes I have in several occasions....
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by obi58: 6:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
Am sure ΰ went to ado ekiti instead of akwa ibom from Ųя comments. Perhaps your contract bid wAs rejected. Cos I'm amazed ΰ can be tђȊ̝̊̅§ bigotted even after seeing with your eyes.

Pls stay in Lagos. We don't need haters in akwa ibom. Yes its not perfect but its definitely moving in the right direction. Even an elementary econOmist knws that infrastRuctural development ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ the key to investment. Come to think of it.... Was it not that idIot tinubu who started the argument of federal and state roads? Why didn't he (and Fashola) not just get on with it? What's Fashola a trained lawyer doing abt all the agberos that making transportation costs almost impossible in Lagos State? Can you a truth admit publicly that ΰ drive from Ųя home to the office without experiencing potholes? ђã†‎​ major dvpt ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ going on in Lagos that ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ not private sector driven? So wats Ųя basis for the beef?

1 Like

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by BarryX(m): 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2013
There is one thing you can't take away from Akpabio, he has tried for his people. My first visit to Uyo was a lovely experience that I will still buy into the second time.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by tsomething: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

I don't get what you mean by FG presence because every state has FG presence and furthermore, it's meaningless since Akwa Ibom with just 3 million people posts larger budgets than Lagos state sate with 20 million people so lay off that track especially since Lagos has more and better projects commisioned and in the pipe line?

My brother, I wonder where you keep getting these figures you brandish. Akwa Ibom state's budget for 2013 is 470bill while Lagos state's budget is 499Bill. On the population of 3million for Akwa Ibom state, I wonder where you got such value, because even wickipedia stated 4.8mill as at 2005 census.
If you don't know what I mean by Federal presence, let me educate you. Lagos state houses 3 airports, a seaport and a land border to Benin Republic. These alone are enough to attract anyone to Lagos state. So when these people come into Nigeria and settle in Lagos and pay taxes to LASG, you believe it is because of the management ingenuity of your ACN Governor. If it were so, why hasn't Oyo state generated 20billion monthly like Lagos? Why hasn't even the so-called Aregbesola generated even 10Billion? Or are these governors not well tutored from the management ingenuity of their ACN party?
Who told you Akpabio hasn't touched the educational sector? Come and see how our schools are built, its not mighty like you may want it to look like, but its conducive for the little population which the state supports. Also its FREE!!
The state is building a 5-star hospital called the 20th Anniversary Hospital, am not on that project so wouldn't comment much about it, but from what I see when I drive by, work is still in Progress. Please ask your ACN Governor what happened to the Central Hospital building that collapsed during construction in Edo state. He will show you a true picture of what an abandoned project looks like.
My invitation for you to come to Akwa Ibom is still open
Please stop the hatred, acknowledge progress when you see one!!!

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by owobokiri(m): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
When will they start banning keke from Nigerian roads? That thing is an eyesore..
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EkoIle1: 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
t-something:

My brother, I wonder where you keep getting these figures you brandish. Akwa Ibom state's budget for 2013 is 470bill while Lagos state's budget is 499Bill.

Akwa Ibom's budget for 2013 is N470 billion

^^^^ Add the extra N80 billion supplementary the governor asked for and approved by the state lawmakers approved = N539 billion

Akwa Ibom's budget for 2012 is N397 billion

^^^^^^ Add N125 billion supplementary he asked for and the state lawmakers aprooved = N522 billion

As for the rest of your imaginary and phantom projects, let them stay imaginary unless you have something to show us..
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EkoIle1: 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
obi58: Am sure ΰ went to ado ekiti instead of akwa ibom from Ųя comments. Perhaps your contract bid wAs rejected. Cos I'm amazed ΰ can be tђȊ̝̊̅§ bigotted even after seeing with your eyes.

Pls stay in Lagos. We don't need haters in akwa ibom. Yes its not perfect but its definitely moving in the right direction. Even an elementary econOmist knws that infrastRuctural development ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ the key to investment. Come to think of it.... Was it not that idIot tinubu who started the argument of federal and state roads? Why didn't he (and Fashola) not just get on with it? What's Fashola a trained lawyer doing abt all the agberos that making transportation costs almost impossible in Lagos State? Can you a truth admit publicly that ΰ drive from Ųя home to the office without experiencing potholes? ђã†‎​ major dvpt ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ going on in Lagos that ı̣̣̣​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​ not private sector driven? So wats Ųя basis for the beef?

You asked me a question, I gave you an honest answer and you came back with needless name calling, insults and gutter talk..

Please log off if you are not interested in a sane and civil convo..
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by tsomething: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Akwa Ibom's budget for 2013 is N470 billion

^^^^ Add the extra N80 billion supplementary the governor asked for and approved by the state lawmakers approved = N539 billion

Akwa Ibom's budget for 2012 is N397 billion

^^^^^^ Add N125 billion supplementary he asked for and the state lawmakers aprooved = N522 billion

As for the rest of your imaginary and phantom projects, let them stay imaginary unless you have something to show us..

My Brother quit producing figures from the air!!! I have googled and searched everywhere, even made calls to some highly placed people to know if Akwa Ibom state has any supplementary budget for 2013 and the answers have still remained NO!! Please where did you get your news of 80Bill supplementary budget??
However am shocked you cleverly avoided the other parts of my post where I asked Why Oyo , Ekiti and Osun isn't generating as much money as Lagos since according to you a state doesn't need FG presence to survive!!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by mojounited(m): 7:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Akpabio cannot build industries. It is left for the Akwa-Ibomites in diaspora to come home and invest. Akwa-Ibom today is experiencing huge capital flight because of Julius Berger handling most of the contracts. More than 80% of the money leaves Akwa-Ibom to Lagos and Abuja. The vehicles and materials used in construction are bought from other States or imported while the high salary earners in JB live in Abuja, Lagos and abroad.

As a start he should try and increase local content at least in the inner rural areas to alleviate poverty.

The last picture of the completed road project I posted on the first page was done by a local indigenous contractor. Same applies to the internal roads of Akwa Ibom Polytechnic which is depicted in the video. Much still has to be done though, but I think the present administration have laid and are currently laying a solid foundation...

1 Like

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by ujoinme: 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
EPOMA:

Akpabio only concentrates on roads which are easy for him to inflate price and steal money. All the road are costed at 2.7billion naira per kilometre . People should stop all this world class this and world that. Those roads are not upto standards in other third world countries like Singapore . Second to the last picture, the culvert are not levelled at all and are not straight . Road markings by now should be made with white tar and be very straight. I get ashame when we keep using all this words.
I have 2 commissioner friend in akwa IBM, one of the steals upto 300 million from his ministry every month, the other take about 10 million a month. Those guys are just stealing money in akwa IBom . If the people know what akpabio and his boys are up to, they will keep quiet. My take is that he does not do enough for the masses
In Nigeria all public servant steal money and thats a fact. but in akwa ibom upon all the money you accuse them of stealing there is something on ground like the above 30 projects to be commisioned tomorrow and many more under construction.
If every public servant in nigeria stole like akpabio and his cronnies are doing in their state. but with visible project and achievement on ground for all to see. Nigeria will be better for it . and nigerians will be happy with them.
By the way your state officials are also stealig from your state coffers can you show me what they have achieve on ground in your state?
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by ujoinme: 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
dolphinife:

you better shut that your mouth??
THE BANKS: Dangote owns 50% shares of Zenith and UBA for your information. WEMA BANK, GTB, FIRST BANK, UNION BANK, are owned and controlled by the YORUBA PEOPLE....
THE AIRLINES: ARIK AIRLINE is wholly owned by OBASANJO, he put ARUMEMI AND PETER ODILI as stooge, AERO has been taken over by AMCON, the IBRU family has lost it. HAK air is owned by HARRY KUTI, CAVERTON AND AOS HELICOPTERS are owned by the YORUBAS except BRISTOW HELICOPTERS, the biggest company that owns private jets in Nigeria are EXECUJET and EVERGREEN APPLE, owned by the YORUBAS.....WHAT ELSE?
TV STATIONS: AIT is owned by BABANGIDA, TVC is owned by TINUBU, HITV is also owned by a YORUBA MAN: The best hotel in LAGOS STATE is owned by a YORUBA MAN(ORIENTAL HOTEL), JIMOH IBRAHIM owns NICON HILTON HOTEL, 70% of the hotels in IKEJA and ISLAND are owned by the Yorubas...........so dnt start what you can't finish
If you are talking about the PORT, DANGOTE, MIKE ADENUGA, OBAT OIL and WALE TINUBU generates and contributes 80% of the revenue of the PORT.....make your findings about this. The IGBOS only do menial jobs at the SEAPORT.
Mention any sector in this Lagos state that the YORUBAS does not enjoy considerate amount of patronage and recognition.
LET FEDERAL GOVT WITHHOLD THE FEDERAL ALLOCATION OF AKWA IBOM STATE FOR JUST 6 MONTHS AND LET'S SEE IF THE WHOLE OF AKWA IBOM WILL NOT COLLAPSE....BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES
Tell me which state will survive, if federal govt does not pay the allocation to them?
Now if akwa ibom blows up all the oil wells in thier back yard where will the federal govt. get the allocation to pay?to all the states?
before you talk about lagos IGR? what drives the economy? the IGR is dependent on the economy and nigerian economy is 98% dependent on oil take the SS@SE oil form the ecomomy there will be no nigerian economy and by extension no IGR for any sate and no nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Afam4eva(m): 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
ujoinme:
Tell me which state will survive, if federal govt does not pay the allocation to them?
Now if akwa ibom blows up all the oil wells in thier back yard where will the federal govt. get the allocation to pay?to all the states?
before you talk about lagos IGR? what drives the economy? the IGR is dependent on the economy and nigerian economy is 98% dependent on oil take the SS@SE oil form the ecomomy there will be no nigerian economy and by extension no IGR for any sate and no nigeria.
Than you very much. I find it laughable when some people throw IGR around as if it's not oil that runs most things in Nigeria. let oil dry up and you will see how a lot of non-oil businesses will fold up.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by ujoinme: 7:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
EPOMA:

I told you that I know this people personally and you still skiing how did I know. I can even break down how money I can even tell you how money is stolen from ministry level. If I tell you you now that gods will give Goodluck Jonathan wife about 2 billion naira a month you will want to argue abi
you are just an empty sack, making empty noise. You dont know jack.
You think that stealing from the state by public officials in nigeria is news? Let me break it dowm for you dummy! no Nigerian is shocked when you mention graft about any of its official. We all know they steal, what nigerian wants are officials who inspite stealing are able to perform by bringing dividens of democracy to their state or ministry.like akpabio is doing for his state.
If you are under any illusion that there is any nigerian official thats not stealing from his office in any form , wake up from your dream!
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EkoIle1: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
t-something:

My Brother quit producing figures from the air!!! I have googled and searched everywhere, even made calls to some highly placed people to know if Akwa Ibom state has any supplementary budget for 2013 and the answers have still remained NO!! Please where did you get your news of 80Bill supplementary budget??
However am shocked you cleverly avoided the other parts of my post where I asked Why Oyo , Ekiti and Osun isn't generating as much money as Lagos since according to you a state doesn't need FG presence to survive!!

N80b loan: Is Akwa Ibom mortgaged?
EXPECTEDLY the prospect of a new $500 million (about N80 billion) loan for Akwa Ibom State government, coming two years after N50 billion was borrowed, has startled many Akwa Ibomites and elicited varied comments, particularly from those in the Diaspora community

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=121161:etim-n80b-loan-is-akwa-ibom-mortgaged&Itemid=615

Akwa Ibom assembly passes N125bn supplementary budget into law 2012

The Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly on Thursday passed the N125 billion supplementary budget into law

http://www.punchng.com/news/akwa-ibom-assembly-passes-n125bn-supplementary-budget-into-law/

N390 billion + N125 billion = N522 Billion = Largest budget spending in Nigeria

Lagos state budget for 2012 = N485 billion

I ignored the rest of your post because it's irrelevant to the conversation. This is about Akwa Ibom and Lagos state. You said Lagos has an advantage because of the federal government, but it makes no difference becuase Akwa Ibom still collects a larger share of allocations which translate into more money than what Lagos state generates, collects, budgets and spends..
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by dayokanu(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hopefully you people can move to Akwa Ibom and leave lagos alone

Calabar was also Federal Capital and Lagos has ceased being capital for over 2 decades
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by ujoinme: 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

^^^^ please stop bastardizing the words world class.

And since world class means so.much to you, what about world class schools and colleges? What about first class hospitals? What about world class skills and manpower development centers? What about world class parks and recreation centers? What about world class safety, security and control centers? What about world class governing institutions?

What about this for world class....

[img]http://3.bp..com/-YeuI8GI6MzY/UU2Y2gPJjvI/AAAAAAAAiqc/Ga9jxDF75R4/s1600/topten-naija-akwa-ibom.jpg[/img]

Again, ease up on the world class nonsense..[

you mean like using words like massive to descibe culvert construction going on in your home state? untill you are able to show pictures of what is going on in your home state in comparison to what akpabio is doing in akwa ibom state for all forum members to c. then you are just an envious little man.
stop claiming lagos your not from there you are just one of those who are ashamed of claiming your home state cos there is nothing there to show.

https://www.nairaland.com/1238225/massive-construction-going-ogun-state

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor / CBN, Abokifx And The Resurgence Of Authoritarian Regulation / Missing $44m: Kingibe Intimidates Reps Into Closed Door Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.