Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch (13180 Views)

Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters / "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by bobthebuilder99(m): 11:51am On Jun 05, 2013
So many of you are daft beyond belief.

Have you ever asked yourself how a country of 170 million can survive without anyone paying for government services?

Have you ever asked yourself how every other government in the world funds itself?

The answers to those two questions are so obvious that you must be daft if you haven't figured it out. 1. Nigeria has oil. 2. Governments tax, toll, and charge their citizens.

NIGERIANS ARE LIVING LIKE PARASITES. 99% of us PROVIDE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the government, yet we feel entitled to demand things. We are lazy 419'ers living on government welfare. Just like Nigerians all over the world.

If the government is going to provide more services, it MUST make more money. And I am sorry you disgustingly lazy Nigerian, but that means you will have to get off your a** and contribute! Pay the toll and shut your mouth. angry

Even in highly developed New York City all the bridges are tolled. Keep waiting for government handouts like a beggar and I will pay my toll so that Lagos can move forward.

You lazy, arrogant, beggars make my stomach hurt. If oil ran out tomorrow we would all DIE. We are too lazy. Most of us don't know what hard work is. All we know is beg, steal, kidnap, bribe, 419, and get visa to go to Yankee.

Ghana's govt has a 16 billion dollar budget for 24 million people. We only have a 30 billion dollar budget for 170 million! The reason even little Ghana puts our budget to shame is because we DO. NOT. CONTRIBUTE. TO. THE. RUNNING. OF. OUR. OWN. COUNTRY!!!

Yankee and Europe feed us and clothe us, they educate our children, allow us to live in their nations, and they even punish our criminals for us. They chastise us when we misbehave, and they pump our oil out of the ground for us. They even give us a small allowance of AID money so that we can go to the market and buy from Chinko. Are we children? Are we really this daft and weak? Are you really going to sit here and complain about contributing to you own society? Could you walk with your head held high as a man after you impeached a Governor because he asked you to contribute to your fatherland?

Shame on you.
Poverty of the heart and mind is going to kill so many of you dead.

If you were my children I would be looking for something to lash you with.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by Ruq: 11:53am On Jun 05, 2013
Rich Dad: Go nairaland Go!!!!
In another development, for the first time in my Nairaland history, I've finally achieved what many dreamed of. I.e First of all , go down low...... Thanks to all my fans and family. Most especially my Beautiful daughter Jasmine and my lovely wife. Don't worry Daddy is coming back home with the TROPHY. cool cool cool.

And your're a father ?

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by Raypawer(m): 11:59am On Jun 05, 2013
bobthebuilder99: So many of you are daft beyond belief.

Have you ever asked yourself how a country of 170 million can survive without anyone paying for government services?

Have you ever asked yourself how every other government in the world funds itself?

The answers to those two questions are so obvious that you must be daft if you haven't figured it out. 1. Nigeria has oil. 2. Governments tax, toll, and charge their citizens.

NIGERIANS ARE LIVING LIKE PARASITES. 99% of us PROVIDE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the government, yet we feel entitled to demand things. We are lazy 419'ers living on government welfare. Just like Nigerians all over the world.

If the government is going to provide more services, it MUST make more money. And I am sorry you disgustingly lazy Nigerian, but that means you will have to get off your a** and contribute! Pay the toll and shut your mouth. angry

Even in highly developed New York City all the bridges are tolled. Keep waiting for government handouts like a beggar and I will pay my toll so that Lagos can move forward.

You lazy, arrogant, beggars make my stomach hurt. If oil ran out tomorrow we would all DIE. We are too lazy. Most of us don't know what hard work is. All we know is beg, steal, kidnap, bribe, 419, and get visa to go to Yankee.

Ghana's govt has a 16 billion dollar budget for 24 million people. We only have a 30 billion dollar budget for 170 million! The reason even little Ghana puts our budget to shame is because we DO. NOT. CONTRIBUTE. TO. THE. RUNNING. OF. OUR. OWN. COUNTRY!!!

Yankee and Europe feed us and clothe us, they educate our children, allow us to live in their nations, and they even punish our criminals for us. They chastise us when we misbehave, and they pump our oil out of the ground for us. They even give us a small allowance of AID money so that we can go to the market and buy from Chinko. Are we children? Are we really this daft and weak? Are you really going to sit here and complain about contributing to you own society? Could you walk with your head held high as a man after you impeached a Governor because he asked you to contribute to your fatherland?

Shame on you.

which 1 be ur own?? Abi u want make punch publish ur writeup?!!

How come a coun3 like 9ja with all the income from crude nd oda income would'nt survive?
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by Ruq: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
yuzedo: Mukina, I can see u loooookin at my coment wit eagle witch eye. Am sorry, plis send me yo acaant numba & les be freind. Am tired of ban and hiden post dammit!!! angry cry

Datz the ish ooh!! Banning shi people need to hear.
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by RichDad1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ruq:

And your're a father ?
of course, A proud one. Any problem with that?

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by ril19(m): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
seun haz don hiz own. Ol yu oda komputa gaiz shud go an do yor own tu. Biliv me, dia is sti space for yu in di saiber(cyber) biznes. Yor name can sti bi heard in di kontry.
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by ril19(m): 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
oga sheewun haz don hiz own o. Ol yu oda gaiz dat aar saiber or cyber gurus shud go an du yor own. Biliv me dia is stii space four yu in dis saiber biznes. Yor name kan stii bi heard of in dis kontry trost mi
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by johnwizey: 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nosegbe Ɲ̴̩̩̥̩̩̩̥O̲̣̣̥ exist on NL na, were Ponch cum see his comment
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by MARKREN: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
@bobthebuilder99 Nough said When the FG wants to remove fuel subsidy again, I will be the first to support it, so that "the money saved can be used to provide much needed infastructure". I would want to know what the reactions of the so called "intellectuals" & "being tos" like you, and so called oppositions parties like ACN would then say......

By the way for a newspaper of Punch's reputation I am utterly dissapponted with the level of analysis of the dicsussion of this topic on Nairaland. If this is a pointer to their standards of reporting it shows how far off we are in "everything"...............

Shame on you.

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
johnwizey: Nosegbe Ɲ̴̩̩̥̩̩̩̥O̲̣̣̥ exist on NL na, were Ponch cum see his comment

If you include a 'H', you will find the missing handle.

HNosegbe: This bridge was obviously built for the high-class neighbourhoods of Lekki Phase I and environs... People who can AFFORD to pay the toll.

I would have had issues if the bridge was built (and tolled) at Ayobo, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, Ajegunle or Ikorodu.

It's a win-win as far as I see. The Lekki folks get the satisfaction of bypassing Ozumba traffic (leaving it less congested for others) and the government makes more money which can be used for other purposes.

Can't complain.
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by Viclov(m): 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
Raypawer:

not just Nairaland Newspaper cos i no longer buy news papers , all the news is online, so am thinking of nairaland application, i would do it if contracted by seun...
hm!
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by Adesam01(m): 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
What an irony!

The RICH spend money to save time while the POOR spend time to save money!

TETRADE...

2 Likes

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by pendusky(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin grin grin I gat nathing to reply!
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by Inik(m): 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
I am surprised they didn't mention Eko ile, Nairaland's resident Acn thug in the report grin
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by druid06(m): 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
SamConquer: Na everything You go carry serious, abi You wan just show Yourself.Unfollow the Guy na,afterall You dey pay the Guy Money as You dey follow am.Ride on Yuzedo joor,Me to I just bought my own banana manshum!

You get sense at all abi something dey worry your papa??. Na you I dey follow talk abi your papa username na yuzedo??. Now who come dey show himself na. Id-iot!
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
eyenCalabar: The supposed commenters claim they never made such comments. See Nosegbe's profile here: www.nairaland.com/nosegbe and Batman's: https://www.nairaland.com/batman/posts. Where is Punch getting those comments from? Something seems fishy here Mr. Seun, what can you say about this?
Just checked his profile. Zero post and last seen 2007. Something is indeed fishy. Guess our oga @d top knows another oga @d top over there in punch.
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by seunny4lif(m): 1:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
DJDOLA: she dey our custody...all we want from u is 2 coprate wit us...I will inbox u were u will drop d money..and heyyyy don't try 2 involve police and if u do...u will regret doin so...
Last bullet: ur sister is save here I just send one of my boy 2 go and get her jollof rice wit chicken
U no well...Lol
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by SamConquer(m): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
druid06:

You get sense at all abi something dey worry your papa??. Na you I dey follow talk abi your papa username na yuzedo??. Now who come dey show himself na. Id-iot!
As You No get Papa how You go get respect for other people papa.I Like am e dey pain You.I don rubbish Your Comment,for page 1 even chop dozen Like on top.hahahahahaha tongue
druid06:

As You No get Papa how You go get respect for other people papa.I Like am e dey pain You.I don rubbish Your Comment,for page 1 even chop dozen Like on top.hahahahahaha tongue

3 Likes

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by Zonacom(m): 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
bolaino: I believe in one God, and in the holy catholic church, I believe in the pope, I believe he is God's representative on earth.
Nnaa wetin cari dat one come here. Abeg no de play wit God name... Or his church
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by yuzedo: 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Adesam01: What an irony!

The RICH spend money to save time while the POOR spend time to save money!
Poignant!

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by micki83(m): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
sheyie2007: Abeg, I sent my sister to go help me get airtime, abeg una help me see am? She never show
She's in d sexuality section.seun begged her to follow him there so that she can help him check one thing...
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by raystanley(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2013

Shame on you.

F00l, HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT THE SAME NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT/LEADERS LOOT THE TREASURES AWAY TO OVER-SEAS, LEAVING THE CITIZENRY IN PAINS AND STRANDED...AND YOU ARE HERE ACCUSTOMING BLAMES ON THE INNOCENT ONES...

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by Sibrah: 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Thank God all the good comments were not hidden before Punch newspaper became interested in it. It Goes to show the moderators are working.
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by deebrain(m): 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
grin

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by druid06(m): 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
SamConquer: As You No get Papa how You go get respect for other people papa.I Like am e dey pain You.I don rubbish Your Comment,for page 1 even chop dozen Like on top.hahahahahaha :PAs You No get Papa how You go get respect for other people papa.I Like am e dey pain You.I don rubbish Your Comment,for page 1 even chop dozen Like on top.hahahahahaha tongue

In response to the bolded part above just showed how timid and little minded you are. Such an attention who-re. Your reaction could only come from a bit-ch and so you're bit-ch nigga. You saw it fit to tackle my simple advice to a fellow nairlander derailing from his usual self just because you want people to like your comments and fill that little ego you have. Kid, I have something better to do than wasting such precious time on such a waste and menace the society has produced to make our lives more miserable and that waste is you. I pity your father, I pity the old fool. So kid, go watch some cartoons smoke some weed and guzzle some sirrup since it's what kids your age does or get a job and stop being a little dic-k and a little piece of shi-t.
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by tpia5: 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
Just checked his profile. Zero post and last seen 2007. Something is indeed fishy. Guess our oga @d top knows another oga @d top over there in punch.

hmmm, must be one of those "sanusi stories" written and cast by nairaland.

some folks have "friends in high places" to help them peddle their wares.
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by hammedkola(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
fyne_Ijay:
You dey look for ever lasting ban..... carry on.

Opening of account is still available
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by jjcbuthot: 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
Where is the cyber war?

What will cause cyber war in a straight case of development?

If FG could build a second niger bridge even if its not the fanciful city-befitting suspension bridge, will igbos not happily pay to use? Didnt we have toll gates on highways across Nigeria before? Did heaven fall when those toll gates were there or we were not paying VAT then? Are those people complaining not living in Lagos where FG collects toll on the road leading to international airport? What justifies that illegal collection?

We have a state government that has spent money and used their creativity to build something as monumental as the suspension bridge and some villagers mostly from SE who have never seen and may never see what a suspension bridge looks like are complaining.

We Lagosians are happy to pay after all the bridge is not in a poor area.

I will post a video of my first cruise on the bridge.

Eko o ni baje oooo
Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by fernandoc(m): 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

guy stop smoking this your pawpaw leave with lizard shyte and mosquito coil. seriously it is affecting your brain everyone can tell that from this your ever expensive gbaguns.

Dryyyyyy striving to be funny

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch by aniiii(f): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
druid06: @yuzedo, [size=18pt]I LOVE YOU !!!! BE MY SWEETHEART[/size].

How hard was that?? smiley

now sit tight and wait for his pm

oh by the way HE IS NOT GAY so you might want to [size=28pt]forget it [/size]angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Apologies For Endorsing Fayemi - Tinubu / President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church / Drop Your Presidential Ambitions - Shehu Sani To El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.