Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Atheist Quotes. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Quotes. (6387 Views)

Atheist Quotes / Atheist Quotes Of The Day. / Greatest Atheist Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:36am On Jun 07, 2013
I have been called arrogant myself in my time, and hope to earn the title again, but to claim that I am privy to the secrets of the universe and its creator - that's beyond my conceit.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:37am On Jun 07, 2013
The atheist does not say 'there is no God,' but he says 'I know not what you mean by God; I am without idea of God'; the word 'God' is to me a sound conveying no clear or distinct affirmation. ... The Bible God I deny; the Christian God I disbelieve in; but I am not rash enough to say there is no God as long as you tell me you are unprepared to define God to me.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:41am On Jun 07, 2013
I have seem even those who have long since abjured God die in grace. . . . Atheists don't use their drying to bargain for a better seat at the table; indeed they may not even believe supper is being served. They are not storing up 'merit.'; They just smile because their heart is ripe. They are kind for no particular reason; they just love.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:56am On Jun 07, 2013
Without God, life is everything.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2013
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2013
Gods always behave like the people who created them
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
Religion: giving people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:01am On Jun 07, 2013
If I had a large amount of money I should certainly found a hospital for those whose grip upon the world is so tenuous that they can be severely offended by words and phrases and yet remain all unoffended by the injustice, violence and oppression that howls daily about our ears.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2013
Pray: To ask the laws of the universe to be annulled on behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2013
Anyone who claims, on the one hand, that he is concerned with human welfare, and who demands, on the other hand, that man must suspend or renounce the use of his reason, is contradicting himself.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:04am On Jun 07, 2013
What is it that makes a person insist passionately on the existence of metaphysical realities that can be neither demonstrated nor refuted?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:05am On Jun 07, 2013
It is my firm conviction that man has nothing to gain, emotionally or otherwise, by adhering to a falsehood, regardless of how comfortable or sacred that falsehood may appear.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:05am On Jun 07, 2013
Who needs Satan when you have a God like this?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2013
The lack of understanding of something is not evidence for God. It’s evidence of a lack of understanding. And what we should do, if we’re scientists, or anyone, is try and say, “Let’s try and understand it before we go the intellectually lazy route of saying, ‘I don’t understand it, so let me assign it to an entity that I can’t understand, a divine entity beyond my comprehension.’”
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2013
I still say a church with a lightening rod on top shows a lack of confidence.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2013
Man has never been the same since God died. He has taken it very hard.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2013
Religion is unusual among divisible labels in being spectacularly unnecessary. If religious beliefs had any evidence going for them, we might had to respect them in spite of their concomitant unpleasantness. But there is no such evidence. To label people as death-deserving enemies because of disagreements about real world politics is bad enough. To do the same for disagreements about a delusional world inhabited by archangels, demons and imaginary friends is ludicrously tragic.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:12am On Jun 07, 2013
It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:13am On Jun 07, 2013
God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:15am On Jun 07, 2013
Religion doesn't just cloud our minds. It asks us to deliberately deceive ourselves-- to replace reason with its opposite, faith. And when men operate on faith, they can no longer be reasoned with, which makes them more dangerous than any sane man, good or evil.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2013
Hey, let's get serious... God knows what he's doin' He wrote this book here And the book says: 'He made us all to be just like Him', So... If we're dumb... Then God is dumb... (And maybe even a little ugly on the side)
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2013
Organizing atheists is like hurding cats
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2013
"to get your proof you need to believe in him" is the same as "buy our product, and you'll realize why you want it" pardon me, but, bullshit.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2013
Why are all the creators referred as 'HE' and not 'SHE'....sexism started from the beginning of time....and religion gave it the seal of approval
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2013
If Atheism is a religion, then health is a disease!
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2013
The idea that the Christian god is just, is directly contradicted by the idea that the Christian god is merciful. Perfect justice and any mercy are necessarily directly in contradiction, because mercy is a suspension of justice.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:20am On Jun 07, 2013
The longer I have been an atheist, the more amazed I am that I ever believed Christian notions.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:22am On Jun 07, 2013
Although the far territory of the extreme can exert an intoxicating pull on susceptible individuals of all bents, extremism seems to be especially prevalent among those inclined by temperament or upbringing toward religious pursuits. Faith is the very antithesis of reason, injudiciousness a crucial component of spiritual devotion. And when religious fanaticism supplants ratiocination, all bets are suddenly off.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:23am On Jun 07, 2013
In the absence of fear there is little faith.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:24am On Jun 07, 2013
It's 90 degrees in the shade in jerusalem. Where did noah get two penguins and two polar bears from?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2013
Faith is the surrender of the mind, it's the surrender of reason, it's the surrender of the only thing that makes us different from other animals. It's our need to believe and to surrender our skepticism and our reason, our yearning to discard that and put all our trust or faith in someone or something, that is the sinister thing to me. ... Out of all the virtues, all the supposed virtues, faith must be the most overrated
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2013
You'll never find a dead Christian in a foxhole who didn't pray.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. / Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? / If You Believe In Reincarnation Get In Here And Answer These Questions !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.