Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Atheist Quotes. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Quotes. (6384 Views)

Atheist Quotes / Atheist Quotes Of The Day. / Greatest Atheist Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2013
For god so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son,
that whosoever would believe in him would believe in anything.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:29am On Jun 07, 2013
You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:31am On Jun 07, 2013
If god created man in his own image, how come I'm not invisible?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:31am On Jun 07, 2013
The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2013
Dear Lord, you have been good to me. For the first time in my life, everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is. So here's the deal: You freeze everything the way it is, and I won't ask for anything more. If that is OK, please give me absolutely no sign. OK, deal. In gratitude, I present you this offering of cookies and milk. If you want me to eat them for you, give me no sign. Thy will be done.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:39am On Jun 07, 2013
The difference between faith and insanity is that faith is the ability to hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with the evidence, whereas insanity is the ability to hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with the evidence.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2013
The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance...logic can be happily tossed out the window
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:41am On Jun 07, 2013
A man without reason is no better than a mad dog, and mad dogs must be put down for the good of everyone.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by pweeryambre: 10:42am On Jun 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Jesus' last words on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" hardly seem like the words of a man who planned it that way. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure there is something wrong here.
This is not just a quote, this is deep.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2013
Leaving your religion and having to invent your own system of values is a big deal, after all.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:44am On Jun 07, 2013
I say Creationists absolutely should be able to open their own schools. But only if they can build them in six days.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:21am On Jun 07, 2013
I don't want to believe. I want to know.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:22am On Jun 07, 2013
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:23am On Jun 07, 2013
When women understand that governments and religions are human inventions; that Bibles, prayer-books, catechisms, and encyclical letters are all emanations from the brains of man, they will no longer be oppressed by the injunctions that come to them with the divine authority of "Thus sayeth the Lord."
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2013
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends! Well I say there are some things we don't want to know! Important things!
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2013
Koranic teaching still insists that the sun moves around the earth. How can we advance when they teach things like that?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:26am On Jun 07, 2013
Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're just making him madder and madder
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2013
If god created my brain I'm certain he approves of its usage.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:28am On Jun 07, 2013
Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:30am On Jun 07, 2013
I'd be more willing to accept religion, even if I didn't believe it, if I thought it made people nicer to each other but I don't think it does.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2013
A good king inspires loyalty. An evil tyrant demands blind obediance. A good king allows those who do not want to serve him leave in peace. An evil tyrant kills and tortures those who will not be slaves. This is why I could never be christian.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2013
Primates often have trouble imagining a universe not run by an angry alpha male
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2013
A religious text should ideally not extend past three pages. Any longer and it tends to contradict itself.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2013
One of the greatest tragedies in mankind’s entire history may be that morality was hijacked by religion.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2013
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2013
Hell would be to have to spend eternity in a Heaven with those who are sure they are going there.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2013
Love and respect all people. Hate and destroy all faith.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2013
For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2013
Who are the bigger fools? Those who are born stupid or those who choose stupidity?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
Christians talk as though goodness was their idea but good behavior doesn't have any religious origin. Our prisons are filled with the devout.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
There can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
Often, if someone refers to doing something 'religiously' they mean in a manner that is dogmatic, unquestioning and single minded. That speaks volumes about religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? / Have You Ever Had A Miracle? Share Your Experience. / Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.