Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Atheist Quotes. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Quotes. (6386 Views)

Atheist Quotes / Atheist Quotes Of The Day. / Greatest Atheist Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Faith is to the human what sand is to the ostrich.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Christianity is the best way to cure gayness. Just get on your knees, take a swig of wine and accept the body of a man into your mouth.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Saying that you are moral because you believe in a god is like saying you are an economist because you play monopoly.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
What used to be 'demonic posession' is now known to be neuro-psychological disorders.
What used to be 'divine wrath' is now known to be the Earth's geological and meteorological processes.
What used to be 'curse' is now known to be microbial infections.
What used to be a 'miracle' is now known to be a hoax.
What used to be 'god' is now known to be an excuse to solicit money from ignorant people.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
For those in love with an illusion often refuse to accept reality
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
Faith, while incapable of moving a mountain of evidence, has an incredible capacity to ignore it.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
It is thus religion infatuates man from his infancy, fills him with vanity and fanaticism: if he has a heated imagination it drives him on to fury; if he has activity, it makes him a madman, who is frequently as cruel to himself, as he is dangerous and incommodious to others: if, on the contrary, he be phlegmatic or of a slothful habit, he becomes melancholy and is useless to society.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
Believers beat religion into my father. They tortured me every Sunday of my childhood with interminable rituals. They threatened my child with burning in hell forever for not praying with them. The worst thing any atheist ever threatened us with was a bad grade if we didn’t do our science homework.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
What's "God"?
Well, you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Atheism Is Rare?! so is intelligence
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
The biggest weapon I've had in my arsenal against depression...I stopped seeing myself as broken from birth and needing something/someone else to repair me or make me whole. Dumping the superstitious notion of a judgmental so-called "loving" god who deliberately makes flawed creatures...then punishes them for being flawed...is only the healthiest thing I have done for myself...ever!
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
Man should not fear the gods. The gods should fear man, for they can only dwell beyond the limits of our understanding. The larger our settlement of knowledge becomes the farther into exile they are pushed.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
It's better to live in freedom for one life time than to be a slave of God for an eternity.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
Christianity did not come with tidings of great joy, but with a message of eternal grief. It came with the threat of everlasting torture on its lips. It meant war on earth and perdition hereafter
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
In the aftermath of the recent wave action in the Indian Ocean, even the archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williamson, proved himself a latter-day Voltairean by whimpering that he could see how this might shake belief in a friendly creator. Williamson is of course a notorious fool, who does an almost perfect imitation of a bleating and frightened sheep, but even so, one is forced to rub one's eyes in astonishment. Is it possible that a grown man could live so long and still have his personal composure, not to mention his lifetime job description, upset by a large ripple of seawater?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
Insecurity is the only affliction that prayer seems to cure but the afflicted rely on the disease to maintain their addiction to the prescription.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
I am not sure how evil religion by nature is, but I have no doubt of its stupidity and insanity in practice.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Since it is obviously inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
Religion is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
Faith: Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
The Catholic Church is actually very accepting of homosexuality, provided it's between a man of the cloth and an underage boy.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
Puritanism- The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Five percent of the people think;
ten percent of the people think they think;
and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
The existance of G W Bush is the proof against intelligent design.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Radical Muslims fly planes into buildings. Radical Christians kill abortion doctors. Radical Atheists write books.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
Fear of the Lord is not the beginning of wisdom. It is the beginning of insanity.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
Nonbelievers are not anti-religious, they are anti-fraud and anti-deception.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
The most dangerous aspect of religion is its tendency to glorify the absurd and justify the abhorrent.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
Life is a vacation from two eternities, who wants to waste those precious years worrying about what happens when you get back to forever?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Truthman2012, / I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic / "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.