Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? (50493 Views)

2012 Batch C, How Much Did You Save From Your Alawi? / Corpers How Do You Manage Your N19,000 (Alawe) Monthly / Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Mzspread(f): 8:36am On Jun 18, 2013
Well..ama batch C corp member serving in delta state. Saving in delta state esp a place like warri is quite difficult due to d high prices of goods. Av bin able to save up to 50k and dats cos I av oda tins I do like home lesson and teachn in anoda sch.if I ad not involved in dos oda tins,I mit av little or notin to save cos otta d allwy,I do d ffl: send money to my younger bro + my grandma every month,tithes,offerings,oda givings,foodstuffs,provs,pure water,recharge cards plus many oda tins..even bought a new bb. Like one nairalander said,money is meant to solve problems and not to b saved foreva. Am happy am solving some problems of odas nd am sure dr prayers would go along way in my life
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by beau49: 9:15am On Jun 18, 2013
konvict0111: I will base this response upon several assumptions that u are a graduate of accounting, your institution is accredited by ICAN, and therefore, u will be starting the exam from PE1 stage. If these assumptions are correct then, consider saving up to around 98k-107k, approximately for that first stage. If u find ur way through at one sitting then, pe2 is next on the cards. Fortunately, it doesn't cost as much as the first stage. I hope u will find d courage to carry this dream through to its logical end. To our success!
thanks a bunch,n u r rite abt ur assumptions buh hw many stages m i gonna pass tru b4 i becum a chartered accountant n also in a situation whereby as a result of financial issues i can no longer continue wat will happen?
I wud really appreciate it if u can give me n ansa.THANK YOU.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by pappythinko(m): 10:08am On Jun 18, 2013
It is a topic like this dt reminds one dt the glory days of interesting topicx is fast returning 2 ds forum. To the topic, I served in Gombe, &under Kwami LGA 2012 Batch C.The day after our passing out i checked my bnk account n found I squeezedly(if der is any word like dt) saved about 110k. But, on getting home i find dt have spent like 20k on tp fare &entertainment of loved ones.Shamefully nw i can't even account for how i spent a huge chunk of the remains.xo sad, am without a JOB n age ix nt ma friend
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 18, 2013
beau49:
thanks a bunch,n u r rite abt ur assumptions buh hw many stages m i gonna pass tru b4 i becum a chartered accountant n also in a situation whereby as a result of financial issues i can no longer continue wat will happen?
I wud really appreciate it if u can give me n ansa.THANK YOU.
With your status, u only need to go past the two stages of: pe1 & pe2; to achieve your dream. Just budget for each of the stages, but if u run short of cash u can continue at whatever point u stopped. I hope this helps?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by zeric4real: 11:20am On Jun 18, 2013
ujchief:

I was already working before I went for service. I worked my service to a convenient PPA and made proper arrangements to ghost it and returned to my work. It wasn't that easy, but it worked quite alright.
na wetin dem ask u??
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2013
demmy55: Well, I haven't been able to save anything so far and I have about 4months left to pass out. The 19,800 ain't even enough to cater for my expenses, let alone saving part of it.

I hate it when I see some people (corpers) being stingy on themselves all in the name of 'saving'. You always hear them say 'I don't have money, I don't have money' meanwhile they have thousands of Naira breathing in their bank account. They always opt out when some compulsory contribution (e.g. CDS, Church donation, tithe etc) comes up. You never see such people buy drinks or snacks (Coke, Viju, Malt, Biscuit, Chocolate etc) for themselves let alone buy for another person. They always expect someone else to buy for them while they are busy saving their allowee.

I keep asking myself, is it not the same 19,800 they pay all of us

In conclusion, everyone have different plans and knows what works for him/her.
As for moi, my Bible has taught me to be generous and not to worry about anything and that has been working for moi grin
On point jare, I even have one in my office, the day they paid us at our PPA she was till asking me to come take her out. The other friend wey i get, aside from the 19.800 wey we dey collect, Lagos state dey pay her 15k, me na just 5k i dey see collect unto sey na Local govt i dey. Yet she go wan make my maga dey spend hin little money anyhow. There was even this day i asked her, what is it you are doing with this your allowance of almost 35k? this was her response: " I have plans for it" I no know whether she dey plan her marriage untop nysc money neh, abi she get one great grand father wey don die wey dem go need do hin remembrance with her NYSC allawee.
Now to the topic, Gaskia saving during NYSC depends largely on location and who you are as a person, you cannot compare the savings of someone who is serving in Kaduna with someone who is serving in calabar. For person like me wey dey serve for lagos, wey be sey TP from my base to Surulere where i dey do my special CD na 7h, Tp to my PPA na 2h, i dey chop every day for office, dey do some uncalculated spendings: Oya Emma come buy this and that for me by frnds and colleagues at work, plus sey guy must do fine boy; in other words i must buy some nice shoes, trousers, shirts, wrist watches, Hang out with friends which comes with spending, watch EPL, spanish league and champions league matches, go see some friends ( now i go need travel go Edo for a frnd's b.day on sat), phone subscriptions and recharge cards, buy food stuffs, beverages, bags of pure water, have to get a new laptop and sometimes have to credit my siblings phone. All these come with spending, hence allawee come in handy. So i cant really say i've been able to save anything, although i just started three months ago, but if eventually i couldnt save anything which is largely impossible, i wouldnt see myself as a Roman Abrahamovich or a certain Sheik Mansur. Life comes with responsiblities and this is exactly what am trying to shoulder, after all i cant forever bank on my parents.
I think at this point it is safe to conclude that the amount of cash you are able to save during your service year depends on the location and individuals involved as i have rightly pointed out in my first paragraph. The fact that you use a nokia torchlight phone has alrdy given you better saving records than someone who uses a blackberry, we have people who dont care about what they wear, hence they stick with the 10 shirts and 2 jeans they have, if you fall under this category you already have a better savings to someone who cant do without buying new shirts every month. We also have people who stay in their father's hse during their service year, and we as well have people who had to rent a room for over 170k in some states in Nigeria during service year, so it all boils down to where you serve and who you are as an individual in terms of spending.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2013
demmy55: Well, I haven't been able to save anything so far and I have about 4months left to pass out. The 19,800 ain't even enough to cater for my expenses, let alone saving part of it.

I hate it when I see some people (corpers) being stingy on themselves all in the name of 'saving'. You always hear them say 'I don't have money, I don't have money' meanwhile they have thousands of Naira breathing in their bank account. They always opt out when some compulsory contribution (e.g. CDS, Church donation, tithe etc) comes up. You never see such people buy drinks or snacks (Coke, Viju, Malt, Biscuit, Chocolate etc) for themselves let alone buy for another person. They always expect someone else to buy for them while they are busy saving their allowee.

I keep asking myself, is it not the same 19,800 they pay all of us

In conclusion, everyone have different plans and knows what works for him/her.
As for moi, my Bible has taught me to be generous and not to worry about anything and that has been working for moi grin
On point jare, I even have one in my office, the day they paid us at our PPA she was till asking me to come take her out. The other friend wey i get, aside from the 19.800 wey we dey collect, Lagos state dey pay her 15k, me na just 5k i dey see collect unto sey na Local govt i dey. Yet she go wan make my maga dey spend hin little money anyhow. There was even this day i asked her, what is it you are doing with this your allowance of almost 35k? this was her response: " I have plans for it" I no know whether she dey plan her marriage untop nysc money neh, abi she get one great grand father wey don die wey dem go need do hin remembrance with her NYSC allawee.
Now to the topic, Gaskia saving during NYSC depends largely on location and who you are as a person, you cannot compare the savings of someone who is serving in Kaduna with someone who is serving in calabar. For person like me wey dey serve for lagos, wey be sey TP from my base to Surulere where i dey do my special CD na 7h, Tp to my PPA na 2h, i dey chop every day for office, dey do some uncalculated spendings: Oya Emma come buy this and that for me by frnds and colleagues at work, plus sey guy must do fine boy; in other words i must buy some nice shoes, trousers, shirts, wrist watches, Hang out with friends which comes with spending, watch EPL, spanish league and champions league matches, go see some friends ( now i go need travel go Edo for a frnd's b.day on sat), phone subscriptions and recharge cards, buy food stuffs, beverages, bags of pure water, have to get a new laptop and sometimes have to credit my siblings phone. All these come with spending, hence allawee come in handy. So i cant really say i've been able to save anything, although i just started three months ago, but if eventually i couldnt save anything which is largely impossible, i wouldnt see myself as a Roman Abrahamovich or a certain Sheik Mansur. Life comes with responsiblities and this is exactly what am trying to shoulder, after all i cant forever bank on my parents.
I think at this point it is safe to conclude that the amount of cash you are able to save during your service year depends on the location and individuals involved as i have rightly pointed out in my first paragraph. The fact that you use a nokia torchlight phone has alrdy given you better saving records than someone who uses a blackberry, we have people who dont care about what they wear, hence they stick with the 10 shirts and 2 jeans they have, if you fall under this category you already have a better savings to someone who cant do without buying new shirts every month. We also have people who stay in their father's hse during their service year, and we as well have people who had to rent a room for over 170k in some states in Nigeria during service year, so it all boils down to where you serve and who you are as an individual in terms of spending.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
I saved 400k

My PPA paid me nothing less than 33k every month, depending on the no. of days I turn up for work.

NYSC paid 19,800k every month.

I bought some gadgets, suits, registered with NCS, CPN, ISMN, and Paid for my Msc fees and still buying textbooks.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by bxcode(m): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hmmm...interesting thread i must say, at least for prospective corpers like us. smiley
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by beau49: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
konvict0111: With your status, u only need to go past the two stages of: pe1 & pe2; to achieve your dream. Just budget for each of the stages, but if u run short of cash u can continue at whatever point u stopped. I hope this helps?
thanks again u av helped me tremendously.....
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by mafioso47(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by remsonik(f): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2013
Am a batch C corp member,I have 50k presently in my acct.I bought a fone of 35k,I ve done two professional courses PMP for 18.5k and HSE level 2 and 3 for 21k.I ve done some tins for my peeps.I still ve 5 months to go,I plan to leave with abt 150k as savings

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by obinoral(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
udifrancis: I saved 400k

My PPA paid me nothing less than 33k every month, depending on the no. of days I turn up for work.

NYSC paid 19,800k every month.

I bought some gadgets, suits, registered with NCS, CPN, ISMN, and Paid for my Msc fees and still buying textbooks.

guy your PPA make sense abeg link me to that place now commision dey oooooooo
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by chrisme(m): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
save ko save ni. its never as easy as we tink not until we got there
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by julbeauty(f): 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
I strongly agree that it all depends on ur location,I served in Ota,with tfare,cds contributions,feeding,and some other tins I was. Able to save like 90K but now I have 86K left with me.but believe me it wasn't easy even thoug I didn't save much like other people...with this lil money I'm going to start a small scale biz soon...

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by dlex21(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
CY09: Hmmmmmmmm, i no fit shout!...Enjoying the stories.
My oga! U must talk ooo!!!
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by iceberry1759: 5:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
ujchief:

I was already working before I went for service. I worked my service to a convenient PPA and made proper arrangements to ghost it and returned to my work. It wasn't that easy, but it worked quite alright.
didn't Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥♡Ʊ settle them from Ūя̲̅ alawe before becoming a ghost? ♓☺w can Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥♡Ʊ possibly save all money? Or was it done fO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я free?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by adorabletun: 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
I was able to save 450k cos I served in a bank. did ajo during service year nd it really helped Me.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Benbiana(f): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
saving has so many factors. its remains 4mths 4me but am able to save 22500*6. if you dont have others means, and you want to save,surely the person will suffer,not even in my ppa.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by ajaljnr: 9:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
I'm sure no one on this thread served at Ibadan. Only if you still call "Your parent" to scam them about one thing or the other... How on earth can you save "a penny" when your transport fare daily is almost 300 (To & Fro). Abi na garri una dey drink Morning, Afternoon and Night?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by solomityo(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
Damsel Queen: I served in 2008 the allowee then was just #9,700. well i was able to save 120k.
why r u even lying? D 9700 for 12months wont even make it to 120k so hw come? Abi state come dey pay u pass federal govt? Pls u ppl should stop writing wat is not true, do u think we r children?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by solomityo(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
bettymafy: Mehn, I over enjoyed my service year. Made cool cash and flexed wella. I was posted to Lagos and to a Primary healthcare centre which was paying me 40k, plus the 19,800 allowee. And ofcourse I had a secondary assignment (Private practice) where I made more than 50k monthly. I ended up saving about 700k. I would have saved more but had to help a lot of peeps.

Many people didn't believe I was a corper until they saw me on my CDS days. I owe it all to God though.

By the way, if u are a Doctor/Pharmacist/Nurse looking for where to serve in Lagos, please find your way to the nearest Primary healthcare centre. U get a fair pay and have ample time for "PP" wink Run far away from General and Teaching hospitals.
Please medical students should not be talkin jor. You ppl r d ones enjoying service.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by nwanneka23: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
Its quite hard to save your allowance i must say, especially for those that stay alone. Too many expenses!!! Except you have another source of income. Then you can save your stipend
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by coruso(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
Me I the dey go batch c, I still the think of which state I for serve so that I go fit the do small hustling.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by enioluwaselore: 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
ujchief: N19,800 x 11 = N217,800.
That's what I saved. Except the first allowee that was paid at camp, I didn't go to bank once to touch that NYSC account. Well, it was easy for me b'cos I had somewhere I was doing a secondary assignment cheesycheesy so it will be wrong to measure other corpers savings with mine.

As for my plans for the cash, I've already paid N50k for NISP safety professional course (levels 2 and 3) starting on monday thru friday at ph. After this, I will still find other professional courses to enroll with the cash, and maybe pick my Msc form with it.

Trying to empower myself with the cash so when I remember my service year, I wouldn't say it was a waste.

Oga mi show me the way o, me sef dey rivers state, I need place of secondary service batch A
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by An0nimus: 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
adorabletun: I was able to save 450k cos I served in a bank. did ajo during service year nd it really helped Me.
*drinks acid* shockedshockedshocked

urm, how did I miss this thread?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by otabsky: 9:01am On Jun 22, 2013
dasparrow:

LOL, sorry to hear that.

As in. Lmao
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by adorabletun: 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
An0nimus:
*drinks acid* shockedshockedshocked

urm, how did I miss this thread?

50k in 9mths is wat? N I earned over 50k plus allowances from home n hubby.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Chicolee(f): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2013
I'm still serving and I have seven months to go but I've not touched my allowee one bit! My 79200 is still chilling in my NYSC account. Thumbs up to me! I dnt have a secondary PPA tho! cheesy
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by obinoral(m): 11:55am On Jul 24, 2013
Chicolee: I'm still serving and I have seven months to go but I've not touched my allowee one bit! My 79200 is still chilling in my NYSC account. Thumbs up to me! I dnt have a secondary PPA tho! cheesy
so hw do you survive?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imam Rafiu Olalekan: Missing Corper In Lagos (Photo) / My Mum Sells Eggs - Corper Shows Off His Mother Who Trained Him In University / Corper Who Got A Gift From Govenor Abubakar In Bauchi During POP .PICS

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.