Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? (50481 Views)

2012 Batch C, How Much Did You Save From Your Alawi? / Corpers How Do You Manage Your N19,000 (Alawe) Monthly / Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Chicolee(f): 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
obinoral: so hw do you survive?

My dear, e no easy o. Actually, I spent all my personal savings on rent, food and transportation (300 naira everyday), so I decided not to touch my allowee so I'll have something to fall back on. So, I'm depending solely on my personal savings which is not a lot by the way. I can't wait 4 ds NYSC thingy to be over by next yr. I've spent a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by obinoral(m): 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chicolee:

My dear, e no easy o. Actually, I spent all my personal savings on rent, food and transportation (300 naira everyday), so I decided not to touch my allowee so I'll have something to fall back on. So, I'm depending solely on my personal savings which is not a lot by the way. I can't wait 4 ds NYSC thingy to be over by next yr. I've spent a lot.
good plan dear but wait which state are you serving?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by solomityo(m): 9:00am On Jul 25, 2013
Chicolee:

wats d different? You r still spending money. Whether u spend ur personal savings or nysc money is it not still MONEY? So my dear no difference....
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by obinoral(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
solomityo:
wats d different? You r still spending money. Whether u spend ur personal savings or nysc money is it not still MONEY? So my dear no difference....
may be you should look at the topic again.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Chicolee(f): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
obinoral: good plan dear but wait which state are you serving?

Delta State
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by obinoral(m): 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
Chicolee:

Delta State
okkkk
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by solomityo(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2013
obinoral: may be you should look at the topic again.
and maybe u should read d beginning of d post again.....
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by obinoral(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
solomityo:
and maybe u should read d beginning of d post again.....
dnt have time for that BTW since you have the time to debate the kind of money spent u should read the topic again and digest it.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by obinoral(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
@creamie u don dey save ni?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Shugamania(f): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
mko abiola: I gave all to my fiancee.
Now ex.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This ur joke too funny.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by evagolden(f): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
i no save shishi nd i no regret. Just thank God i m thru with service cos that money was neva enough.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by dlex21(m): 10:32am On Aug 02, 2013
both diff stuffs n invested...Cos @ d end, the so-called savings will still be spent
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by bardklectic: 1:44am On Sep 16, 2013
Truly a traveller's companion. And not only are you a traveller, you are also a sojourner not knowing what to expect at your destination. One thing you can expect when you do leave orientation camp is a high probability of "poor sleeping arrangements" when you arrive at your PPA. This easy to use pneumatic bed can be deflated and inflated when ever you want. Doesn't sag like regular mattresses, is portable and most of all...is affordable. Comes in either the single or double bed varieties and with each you have the option of either an electric or manual pump. An inflatable pillow also comes with the package. Get one today because its comfort, everywhere you go!

If you are interested in this product (of which i'm sure YOU WILL), please call:
TJAY - 08062535345
E-FACE - 08034870267

1 Share

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by chimeluiz: 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
konvict0111: Niger insurance, my dear. There isn't so much to expect in terms of the return, as you only get 1% interest on what is the proposed target sum. In my own case, that was 120k. If u apply 1% on that sum, it gives just a meagre N1,200. So, you can already see for yourself that this is not worth the while in terms of the ROI.
Thnx 4 d idea.
Pls Hw do I apply for dere insurance. What class of dere package is dis.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by gloriana(f): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hi all. If u av up 2 100k n u r interestd in a joint venture, just holla me. Only 10 people needed.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Trendy4gud(f): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
I was able to save 15OK after doing a professional course, sending my PPA allawee to my kidsister in school, showing appreciation, helping people,church activities etc.

I really enjoyed my service year cos I had multiple streams of income like part time job & home tutorial. Also I was highly favoured as people supported me financially as if I were the first ajuwaya ever.

Saving during service year is all about being prudent & location. As the stipend seams to be the first income of almost all graduates, many tend to satisfy every desire thereby left with nothing to the extent of not sponsoring their job search/interview after service...too bad!! :-/
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Opiosko: 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thanks guys, u all have really bless me. I got some invaluable advice here. Going to camp in 4 weks time. Am targeting 500k nd upward. Thank nd God bless u all.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by MrMcJay(m): 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
Opiosko: Thanks guys, u all have really bless me. I got some invaluable advice here. Going to camp in 4 weks time. Am targeting 500k nd upward. Thank nd God bless u all.

If you aren't in the medical line, that may be difficylt. Either way, I hope you don't 'invest' the savings in buying ulcer drugs.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by distinct00: 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
please how much in total will they pay us before we leave the camp. i heard there are some allowances. will it be up to 25k
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Mercyu1(f): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
Quote author=distinct00]please how much in total will they pay us before we leave the camp. i heard there are some allowances. will it be up to 25k[/quote]U ll get #22,800
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by EmmyDe25(m): 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mr McJay:

If you aren't in the medical line, that may be difficylt. Either way, I hope you don't 'invest' the savings in buying ulcer drugs.
@LordEmmyDe: The Ulcer drug part got me all laughing.... but realistically, if you are serving in a state like Lagos, the afformentioned amount would be impossible... Not bad to dream though.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
How Bright Biogas System Work

Bright Biogas Make Use Of A Relatively Simple, Well-Known, And Mature Technology. A Biogas System Comprises A Large Tank, Or Digester. Inside The Tank, Bacteria Work Symbiotically To Convert Organic Waste Into Methane Gas Through The Process Of Anaerobic Digestion.

Every Day, The User Of A Bright Biogas Feed The Bacteria Inside The Digester With Household By-Products Such As Market Waste, Kitchen Waste, And Manure From Livestock.

The Methane Gas Produced By The Bacteria Inside Bright Biogas Can Be Used For Cooking, Lighting, And Other Energy Needs.

Waste That Has Been Fully Digested Exits The Bright Biogas In The Form Of Organic Fertiliser And Is Good For Fish Meal
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Kingscollege(m): 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
i manage to save 350k cos during my time it was an election period 2010-2011...but now am a big boy earning 400k monthly...

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by OmniSparrow: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kingscollege: i manage to save 350k cos during my time it was an election period 2010-2011...but now am a big boy earning 400k monthly...
U were asked how much u saved which u answered. However, u weren't asked how much u earn now or if u are a big boy or a small gal.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by REDBUNNY(f): 9:07am On Jul 09, 2014
embarassed I don't know how I am going to save cos I'm just wondering how on earth I'm going to survive with 19k every month starting from next month.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by yokiti: 10:57am On Jul 09, 2014
REDBUNNY: embarassed I don't know how I am going to save cos I'm just wondering how on earth I'm going to survive with 19k every month starting from next month.
My sister, you can make that possible I will advice you to "make sacfrice by denial"
If you believe it, you can make it happen. Just spend of the necessary things (feeding, transportation to important "must go places", ladies things minus things that will make you to be competing unnecessarily with your female folks) and not want.
Your state alawee or PPA alawee will be added to the 19+k you will be paid by the FG.
If you are serving in not too urban areas; buy your stuffs on market days and make friend with the necessary people in the process.
If you stay in NCCF lodge (Nigeria christian corpers fellowship); you are gauranteed a 2 meals per day in a month for just (#4000 - #5000 only).
A little drop of water makes mighty ocean in the long run; cultivate the habit of saving a fixed amount (lets say #10, 000) of money in a month. You can do this by saving the money where you willl not have immediate/ stressless access to it.
My Christian mind will make me advice you to pay your tithe as at when due.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by REDBUNNY(f): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
yokiti:
My sister, you can make that possible I will advice you to "make sacfrice by denial"
If you believe it, you can make it happen. Just spend of the necessary things (feeding, transportation to important "must go places", ladies things minus things that will make you to be competing unnecessarily with your female folks) and not want.
Your state alawee or PPA alawee will be added to the 19+k you will be paid by the FG.
If you are serving in not too urban areas; buy your stuffs on market days and make friend with the necessary people in the process.
If you stay in NCCF lodge (Nigeria christian corpers fellowship); you are gauranteed a 2 meals per day in a month for just (#4000 - #5000 only).
A little drop of water makes mighty ocean in the long run; cultivate the habit of saving a fixed amount (lets say #10, 000) of money in a month. You can do this by saving the money where you willl not have immediate/ stressless access to it.
Choiii! Sacrifice by denial? I will try. I really need to try.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by fweshblacboai(m): 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
yokiti:
thanks bruv I really appreciate ur response ,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by chimeluiz: 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
REDBUNNY: Choiii! Sacrifice by denial? I will try. I really need to try.

Sacrifice By Denial sounds a.k.a Suffer Head grin grin grin
Seriously, Once ur used to a particular lifestyle u can't just change overnight...
Anywaiz have a plan that would allow you save some money that would take you through 1-2 months after service
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Ezegozie(m): 10:34am On Aug 10, 2014
yokiti:

hiaaan.......pay tithe untop #19800?

Ok let us do the mathematics,
10% of 19,800 =1980.

19,800---1980=17820.

People dey ask wether 19,800 go be enof for them, na em you dey talk of further reduction.

I will serve next year shaa.

Make una pray for me make dem post me to Rivers, i wan save better money.
Those serving in Rivers, KWENU
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by wordsplay(m): 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
mission: to save 200k
Let's see how it goes by the time i'll pass out February, 2014. *E no go easy o*
Its way past febuary bro, how was it? Lolz.....mission accomplished?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imam Rafiu Olalekan: Missing Corper In Lagos (Photo) / My Mum Sells Eggs - Corper Shows Off His Mother Who Trained Him In University / Corper Who Got A Gift From Govenor Abubakar In Bauchi During POP .PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.