Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss (38049 Views)

Saka Shares Photo Of His Beautiful Wife With A Funny Caption / Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? / I Could Not Woo Women During My Undergraduate Years – Saka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
This Etisalat ceo must be high on something; whose mistake was it? Etisalat's or Saka's?

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by enesy4u(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
[b][/b]HIS LIFE JUST BETTER THE MORE .. ETISALAT WILL NEED TO GIVE HIM MORE THAN 20M TO PORT BACK TO ETISALAT ....

BABA GOD WEY DO SAKA OWN DO MY OWN

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by delors(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
Me too, I have been telling Etisalat to sign me since on a permanent deal, they are doing yanga...I will soon sakarize to Nitel now...Then they will know how valuable I am...nanasense!
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by sharpman1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
TechyGuy:

The stats show:

MTN gaining (with more porting in from Etisalat than Glo and Airtel)
Airtel comes 2nd.
Glo is pretty much same (port in and port out, is pretty balanced).
Etisalat has lost more customers, to MTN and Airtel.

Oga,

Where did you get your statistics from? The information i have is that more people are leaving MTN and moving to Etisalat.

Do you think that consumers will change their network because of Saka?
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by nokingasgod: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
pro01: This Etisalat ceo must be high on something; whose mistake was it? Etisalat's or Saka's?

God Bless you o my brother. I thought the guy meant mistake on Etisalat's part but I was shocked to read the balderdash he reeled out. Fact of the matter was that, with Etisalat, Saka was a free agent whose service was paid for by Etisalat on ''per task basis'' i.e, when ever he was needed, he will render the service and got paid and it ends there. THe payment is another matter. It was a paltry sum compared to the fortune Saka brought to the brand. All entreaties to Etisalat by the communications Agency to offer Saka a contract that would lock him out to any other brand were arrogantly rebuffed by the Etisalat guys. THe rest they say is history. You don't give what is holy to the dog lest he will trample on it and come back to chase you!

MTN understood the game very well hence, offering Saka an offer he couldn't resist. Mark me, Saka will not port from MTN in the nearest future talkless of going back to Etisalat!
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by buJu234: 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
men see this poor Saka oo... nai b hot cake now ... o boy

life can b very wonderful oo...

I knw this poor dude; eh ya life ...

Saka its ur time to shine... pz shine well well ooo...

dont mind Etisalat & GLO; if they really want u why didnt they give u the millions since u had been with them..

GLO & Etisalat should go and sleep where contain them; or hug transformer joohh...

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Pennywise, poundfoolish. Saka should return for nothing less than N30m.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by teelong20: 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
yes soo
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by beordune(m): 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
Outsourcing staffs is one of the biggest problem our corporate firms face, the loss out weighs its benefits..

I just wish other corporate bodies will learn from this.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
sharp man:

Oga,

Where did you get your statistics from? The information i have is that more people are leaving MTN and moving to Etisalat.

Do you think that consumers will change their network because of Saka?

I know "Etisalat youths" will never believe the info.
For your information, MTN has more new subscribers daily than almost all other networks put together (don't ask me where I got the stats, wink grin coolwink)
MNP is in favour of MTN as it stands, Etisalat is the biggest looser so far. By the way, it is not just Saka's ad, but MTN's strategic marketing and investment in infrastructure.

Right now:
MTN has over 45 million subscribers
Glo follows with 27 million
Airtel with about 27 million too
Etisalat with about 17 million

MTN has grown since the MNP launch and Etisalat dropped some figures. Major chunk of the figures dropped from Etisalat added to MTN base.
Mind you, I know Etisalat is highly needed in the industry. They are price crashers and also they force MTN and others to continually give promos and freebies.

Though Etisalat has the smallest subscriber base and infrastructure, they are giving MTN run for their money.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by ocheejemb: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omo....maybe theyll give him a bazillion dollars to come back
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by zicobaba(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
A breast at hand is worth two in the bra!

2 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Anniettieufia(m): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dear Etisalat,
#20 million contract is not Akara something,
i.e. Why Mr. Saka port.

Well since it is not a life time contract, you people should just wait after you two years u can offer him #30 million ,

if u can not wait, then take me, I'm available,
i fit play that mumu part for una.

Mail me:
....... michaelufia@yahoo.com.......
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by olaolaking: 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
If saka knows how to play this game, he is in money. Etisalat will want to come with more juicy offer. Mtn will want to make a killer pay. Saka pleaaase play this game hard
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Elmos: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
TechyGuy: The guy is just talking to ease the effect the ad had on Etisalat. Inside information/statistics shows that MTN is gaining from MNP more than any other network and Etisalat is the biggest looser so far.
Many people don't understand how the market in Nigeria works.
You would be shocked to know that more people have ported out of Etisalat to MTN than between any other network.

The stats show:

MTN gaining (with more porting in from Etisalat than Glo and Airtel)
Airtel comes 2nd.
Glo is pretty much same (port in and port out, is pretty balanced).
Etisalat has lost more customers, to MTN and Airtel.

That's why they are trying to do damage control. They goofed big time, thinking media hype among youth immediately translates to popularity.

With all respect, am not currently reside in Nigeria, but I read Nigeria news everyday and listen to Channels News at 10 everyday, so am more or less into the knowing back home. My investigation from a very reliable contact person, he work at high level cadre in one of the telecom companies, told me emphatically that ETISALAT and AIRTELL are getting more. I believe him, he is in a vantage position to know, this guy earn over 5m a month, so that will tell more about his knowledge about what is going on there.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by rapattorny: 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
For 20 milla, over port dey worry me
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by kodewrita(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
Uceegal: I remember when my nick name was saka,back then in secondary school. Thank God I have repented and has dumped that name. Glory be to God Almighty

Thanking God because you dont share a name with a fictional character whose actor has just been paid 20m ( which will most likely have been used to purchase Lekki land with high speculative value)?

#Seen.

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by xixftpluz(m): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
@Techyguy where did u get ur statistics? Categorically speaking, Mtn has been d major loser per d porting issue. Wait for NCC's statistics later in d quarter and Let's see who is right. This is a first hand info.

Stop spreading falacy Bro.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by getapay: 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
SAKA don PORT finish...

u too PORT here... for real... free

http:///m4r25
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by sylve11: 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
My Airtel nor go die. cool
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
Elmos:

With all respect, am not currently reside in Nigeria, but I read Nigeria news everyday and listen to Channels News at 10 everyday, so am more or less into the knowing back home. My investigation from a very reliable contact person, he work at high level cadre in one of the telecom companies, told me emphatically that ETISALAT and AIRTELL are getting more. I believe him, he is in a vantage position to know, this guy earn over 5m a month, so that will tell more about his knowledge about what is going on there.

xixftpluz: @Techyguy where did u get ur statistics? Categorically speaking, Mtn has been d major loser per d porting issue. Wait for NCC's statistics later in d quarter and Let's see who is right. This is a first hand info.

Stop spreading falacy Bro.

I don't expect anyone to agree as I cannot state the source here. However, it is from a regulating body that has stats for ALL telcos, not some cooked up stat by staff of the telecoms coy. Does your contact work in MTN? Every telco coy will tell you they are gaining so forget the guys report, he most likely do not have the stat for competitors.
@xixftpluz, is it not possible I work in NCC or have a close relation/buddy/pal in NCC. You guys seem not to know that there is a unified MNP clearing house for all Naija telcos.

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
rhymesteey: A bird @hand worth thousand in a bush

True! A bR-east in hand is worth thousands in the Bra.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by aquabeing: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ride on Saka
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Guys, I'm not campaigning for any telco, I learned a lot from the MNP launch. I never saw the Saka thingy coming like most of you didn't.
MTN was supposed to be on the defensive but they took the bull by the horn and attacked the loudest competitor.
Etisalat is the smallest GSM telco but are the loudest or should I say "most hyped"(thanks to their plan to appeal to young people - freebies, price crash and some good bundled packages).

Oldies will hardly port, Co-ops will hardly port either. Where Etisalat missed it was the way they handled Saka. He was their "brand" but they didn't know that. He brought a lot of young subscribers to Etisalat with his comical ads. They goofed big time!

5 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by olaolaking: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
TechyGuy:

I don't expect anyone to agree as I cannot state the source here. However, it is from a regulating body that has stats for ALL telcos, not some cooked up stat by staff of the telecoms coy. Does your contact work in MTN? Every telco coy will tell you they are gaining so forget the guys report, he most likely do not have the stat for competitors.
@xixftpluz, is it not possible I work in NCC or have a close relation/buddy/pal in NCC. You guys seem not to know that there is a unified MNP clearing house for all Naija telcos.

Mtn has highest subscriber base in Nigeria based on the past. But be aware that those who cares about every penny they spend don't like mtn. Their tarrifs are about the highest in the country with strict and confusing offers. Majority of nigerians want it cheap. Tell me why people will port to Mtn. Their network was the best before but not now. I use mtn o so I know what I am saying
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by alligatorswerve: 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Abujafood: MODs what do you call putting this thread on the front page when there is a similar one here: https://www.nairaland.com/1316288/saka-ll-port-back-etisalat?
bros calm down.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by olawaletaiwo(m): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Saka, small work plenty money jor, God grant my prayer too
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
olaolaking:

Mtn has highest subscriber base in Nigeria based on the past. But be aware that those who cares about every penny they spend don't like mtn. Their tarrifs are about the highest in the country with strict and confusing offers. Majority of nigerians want it cheap. Tell me why people will port to Mtn. Their network was the best before but not now. I use mtn o so I know what I am saying

Don't generalize because of your experience from one location compared to the entire Nigeria.
MTN has the biggest investment in Nigeria. Glo is supposed to be though, since they own MainOne which forms part of the back bone of GSM infrastructure in Nigeria.

MTN has about 40-45% of mobile subscriber base in Nigeria.

In my location, Etisalat is dead, not even a good 2G, Airtel is a bit okay, Glo is super fast and MTN is pretty good, I can get 200kb/s on my lappy and 500kb/s on my android phone.
I can't use Glo BB plans on my android and lappy but can use MTN and Airtel but MTN has more data (unlimited on my lappy grin) and fair usage of over 2GB on my android for just 1k, so I stay with MTN.
The fact is that MTN Super saver tariff is quite cheap. N6/min MTN to MTN and N15/min to other network. On my Glo, which I use a lot for calls, I call N15 flat to all networks, so I don't know how MTN is more expensive. In Data, it is cheaper, BB is cheaper, and calls are cheaper too. I actually feel they have the cheapest tariff.

2 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by everyday: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
I see nothing wrong is a person porting to his preferred network operator
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by coretechng(m): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Saka star is shinning.What makes him thick? I wanna learn oo.

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by nerodenero: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Nothing is impossible.Maybe we might see Mr.Steven Evans porting to another network with a juicy package in the nearest future.For me,Saka's decision based on what we have read so far wasnt a mistake,in fact it was a perfect decision.Always value what you have is the lesson-I think Mr.Steven should take that as a free advice.

2 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
See some data below as at Q1 of 2013 from NCC's official stats.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olutimehin Adegbeye: AIndre Blaze, BBNaija Voice Sexually Assaulted Me / Medical Student Draws Trey Songz (Photo) / Useless old man - Bobrisky blasts Actor Charles Awurum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.