Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss (38037 Views)

Saka Shares Photo Of His Beautiful Wife With A Funny Caption / Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? / I Could Not Woo Women During My Undergraduate Years – Saka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by HABRUZZY(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Etisalat Nigeria, Steven Evans, yesterday described the decision of one of the brand’s artiste, Afeez Oyetoro, popularly known as Saka, to dump its competitor and acclaimed “dominant operator,” MTN, as a “mistake.”
Evans disclosed this at an interactive session with reporters on Mobile Number Portability (MNP) at Raddison Blue Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos. He said Saka’s decision was a mistake, arguing that it is not uncommon for people to make mistakes once in a while in life.
“Saka made a mistake. Sometimes in life, people make mistakes. He is still coming back,” he quipped without further explanation.
He was responding to a question bothering on whether the telco will re-examine its policy of not fully converting its artiste to brand ambassadors considering its experience with Saka.
Sources close to the artiste alleged that his promoters had passionately appealed to Etisalat to convert him to its ‘brand ambassador’ after using him for the activation of several ad campaigns that recorded resounding successes but the mobile operator turned deaf ears to these appeals. The source said it made the suggestion to the telco several times without success, lamenting that rather than weigh the option on altar of reasoning, Etisalat preferred to pay him between N200,000 and N250,000 for each campaign and let him go.
The source said when MTN dangled the carrot of N20 million at Saka, he did not wait for any further consultation before jumping at the offer.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/business/i-don-port-o-saka-made-a-mistake-says-etisalat-boss/

2 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by teniyi(m): 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
The lesson is that, we should not loose what we have before knowing their value.

83 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by HABRUZZY(m): 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
teniyi: The lesson is that, we should not loose what we have before knowing their value.
true talk bro
You never know the value of what you have till you lose it

4 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by johnwizey: 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
Now they are using style †Φ call him back

10 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Okijajuju: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
Huh?

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Joshcoli(m): 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
Heard SAKA can now be used in making a sentence e.g
My Babe has been SAKARIZED

49 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by HABRUZZY(m): 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
if i was in SAKA'S shoe i would have done thesame

4 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by miqos02(m): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
saka must be real celebrity now
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by rhymesteey(f): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
A bird @hand worth thousand in a bush

2 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by pokyes(m): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
let the best bidder take him home jor!!!

4 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Abujafood: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
MODs what do you call putting this thread on the front page when there is a similar one here: https://www.nairaland.com/1316288/saka-ll-port-back-etisalat?
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Winners72(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
Yes oooo
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by gramci: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
Etisalat preferred to pay him between N200,000 and N250,000 for each campaign and let him go.
The source said when MTN dangled the carrot of N20 million at Saka, he did not wait for any further consultation before jumping at the offer.

I see
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
Sometimes we don't value what we have until we loose it.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by scholes23(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by alaoeri: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
Indirectly Etisalat is regretting, a bird at hand ...............

2 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by omo9ja1(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
he he laugh wan kill me with this trend
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by iBukas: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
Saka is on money
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Lilimax(f): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
HABRUZZY: Etisalat preferred to pay him between N200,000 and N250,000 for each campaign and let him go.
grin grin grin
It's very good to port ooo... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Dermie: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
BIG ONE.
Now you know... SMH.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by AnOlAd: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
I laughed so hard reading from 250 thousand to 20million.... If na u nko..... Abeg Saka na because of ur I Don port song I no port go Etisalat from Mtn oooo I swear down.....

4 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
You would not know the value of what you have until it is taken away from you.

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
His family wld av cursed him if e had refused d offer! Am i mad?

Nonsense talk: mistake ko, mistake ni!

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Uceegal: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
I remember when my nick name was saka,back then in secondary school. Thank God I have repented and has dumped that name. Glory be to God Almighty
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by dridowu: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
Saka really d hot cake
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by kokoye(m): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
Etisalat made a mistake....

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Inik(m): 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
Who wouldn't jump at an offer of 20 million naira over a 250,000 naira offer? saka made the right choice and definitely it wasn't a mistake

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
The guy is just talking to ease the effect the ad had on Etisalat. Inside information/statistics shows that MTN is gaining from MNP more than any other network and Etisalat is the biggest looser so far.
Many people don't understand how the market in Nigeria works.
You would be shocked to know that more people have ported out of Etisalat to MTN than between any other network.

The stats show:

MTN gaining (with more porting in from Etisalat than Glo and Airtel)
Airtel comes 2nd.
Glo is pretty much same (port in and port out, is pretty balanced).
Etisalat has lost more customers, to MTN and Airtel.

That's why they are trying to do damage control. They goofed big time, thinking media hype among youth immediately translates to popularity.

4 Likes

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Trecixnine(m): 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2013
I envy Saka.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Reachyrich(f): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Etisalat no value saka b4,but now dey want am bk.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by fpeter(f): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
SAKA can be a prayer point too, e.g I disengage myself from every
unprofitable relationship and i port into the desired relationship. Amen grin

35 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' / Ladies Are Rubbing Kcee's Backside On Stage (photos) / Tonto Dikeh's son's award shows his surname has officially been changed to Dikeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.