Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss (38051 Views)

Saka Shares Photo Of His Beautiful Wife With A Funny Caption / Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? / I Could Not Woo Women During My Undergraduate Years – Saka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by kushe: 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
I am currently working on a concept for etisalat using diddy's 'coming home' as our intro .Saka is on the flag mast of a yellow ship heading towards an etisalatlike coast with tears in his eyes as the wind blows in his face remembering the good old days with etisalat.as he gets to shore,he attempts to give the entire green mass a hug as he goes 'home sweet home'
All the while the sultry voice of skylar grey does all the needed storytelling.just finalising details with badboy for the rights to use that song.

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by ewosk: 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
fpeter: SAKA can be a prayer point too, e.g I disengage myself from every
unprofitable relationship and i port into the desired relationship. Amen grin
Prayer Warrior....u be mfm member? just asking.......
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
kushe: I am currently working on a concept for etisalat using diddy's 'coming home' as our intro .Saka is on the flag mast of a yellow ship heading towards an etisalatlike coast with tears in his eyes as the wind blows in his face remembering the good old days with etisalat.as he gets to shore,he attempts to give the entire green mass a hug as he goes 'home sweet home'
All the while the sultry voice of skylar grey does all the needed storytelling.just finalising details with badboy for the rights to use that song.

Lol! If na your papa, uncle or brother, you go pray make he leave 20 milla back to N250k? Which kind backwardness be that na?
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by kushe: 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
@tech guy

We are offering him 50 M.U know say if we don know say naa so the thing go be,we for don give am pass dat money wey the yellow people give am.See I hate em so much I can't even type their name.Watch out cos the drama ain't over,etisalat go laff last with Sakai being the greatest benefactor.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by spikeitall: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
Were is our sense of loyalty,don't you think his action is against the rules of engagement?
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by luluosas(m): 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
How this one con take concern me wey no dey port?
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
kushe: @tech guy

We are offering him 50 M.U know say if we don know say naa so the thing go be,we for don give am pass dat money wey the yellow people give am.See I hate em so much I can't even type their name.Watch out cos the drama ain't over,etisalat go laff last with Sakai being the greatest benefactor.

Story story. Etibaba no fit match Yellow people na, dem no be mate at all. And by the way, Saka no go gree port again, the thing go become personal issue. He go tarnish him image and spoil him reputation.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
spikeitall: Were is our sense of loyalty,don't you think his action is against the rules of engagement?

Loyalty ko, Loya milk ni. There was no "rule of engagement". Even if there was, haven't you heard of "buy-out clause" before?

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Holyrule(m): 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
hahahahaha....saka ride on jare... undecided
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Cupid4(m): 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
The statement should have been Saka porting to MTN, 'our mistake'
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Peterwins(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
I was very pleased and happy when Saka said the MTN deal had finally chased poverty out of his life. Kudos to MTN for this.

I also remember MTN taking over the entire rights of the TV programme, "Who wants to be a millionaire" from Celtel / V-Mobile (former Econet) and UBA, the major sponsors at the time. They (MTN) saw the potential and went for the kill.

MTN seem to have a very sound management, hence their success in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dat is Naija 4 u
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by soledayo(m): 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
If the ETISALAT MD has a better offer to work for MTN... e go run go join MTN for there. Carry go Saka.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by coolebux(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
mr saka wait oo.. I dey port come ur sidr grin
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by coolebux(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
mr saka wait oo.. I dey port come ur side grin
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
'SAKA' exhibited an attitude that is common with his people. Backstabing!
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
;DSAKA now a new english word e.g my girl has been sakarised by my neighbour lol
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
Way back in school (early 1990s), the word 'SAKA' was in use in pidgin English. It meant the same thing as 'SABI' (know). Then the usage was limited.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by bosa1(m): 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
johnwizey: Now they are using style †Φ call him back
yes ooooo. saka ti fly. eye ki i fo ko bojuweyin.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by nellybigben: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
Meet the 2013 Mr Ideal Nigeria - Chibudem Osugade http:///X4mkHN69w2
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
* BRAND WAR *

Never Fail to appreciate and value the people who help to make things happen for you.
(Creating a niche for you amidst your target audience and market)

Time sometimes forces us to later appreciate well what we once had and devalued right under our Nose.

#Damage control could even be more costlier.

Now etisalat is heavily loosing subsribers who prefer to port out and taste the juicy side of excellent communications service delivery....
Saka moved from begging for a paltry #250000(Pay per Ad) to Joyfully accepting the dangled Ambassador carrot from MTN worth #2OM .

It's evident that Etisalat is ready to do any thing to redeem their brand Image and improving the nose diving and knock down effect 'saka's answered prayer has brought to their subscriber's base number.

Over 3OM From etisalat if saka decides to port back....Did he have to port back in first place if he was rightly valued.....
If you are in his shoes will you ?
#Coperate Branding Lesson's.

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by lonamy: 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
kaorama: 'SAKA' exhibited an attitude that is common with his people. Backstabing!

abeg stop that thing. do you want to work and be under pay for life. if you have opportunity to work for Mtn with a better pay, won't you port there? saka you have taken better decision, now you are better prised.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by ayinde808: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
money is speaking,he heared 10m he ran dere grin[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by aieromon(m): 7:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
Etisalat goofed big time. They should accept responsibility and go back to the drawing board.

Saka has ported up and will never port down for anything.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Peterwins(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Peterwins(m): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
TechyGuy: See some data below as at Q1 of 2013 from NCC's official stats.

With these figures (stats from NCC) it shows MTN having a subscribers base (45%) bigger than the combination of the next two (Glo 21% & Airtel 21%) GSM companies.

MTN really profited from their heavy investment in telecom infrastructure (wide national range/coverage) while Airtel (former Econet) were having various boardroom squabbles and insufficient funding. Glo came in late into the market while Etisalat came in much later.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by mrperfect(m): 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
I think the move is wise one for the artist.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by stunning4real: 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
No wonder saka put all his best in d advert if na me I go leave etisalat wit alarcrity
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by cecegorz(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
I believe this Saka saga (sounds funny) is going to be a huge reference point for both Brand managers and advert executives for a very long time.
For the MD of EMTS to make such a statement shows that his brand was badly hit below the belt by the incident.
Truth is that it was actually their mistake, and not Saka's.
It could be likened to Wenger saying that V.Persie made a mistake 'porting' over to Man U, with a bigger pay and a EPL cup to booth.
Fact is when it comes to Brand marketing/communications in the telco industry, nobody comes close to MTN. In spite of all their network challenges, they have a way of communicating endearment through their unforgettable adverts (y'hello bahn, oh Jerry, MTN presence etc) and strategic program sponsorships (WWTBAM, Project Fame, etc).
If any other telco company were in the shoes of MTN in terms of service disruptions, they would have been history by now.
But then, another thing i'm glad to observe now, is how the indigenous management team are going to handle the brand now that the expats have handed over to them. time will tell.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Decryptor(m): 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
I swear, if Boko Haram ask me to do advert for them for N10m, i no go look GEJ and JTF face o...i go port sharpaly!
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by ngoobest2080(f): 9:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
yesooooo saka no even send.
teniyi: The lesson is that, we should not loose what we have before knowing their value.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olutimehin Adegbeye: AIndre Blaze, BBNaija Voice Sexually Assaulted Me / WOW! Uche Jombo’s Wedding Photos / Anita Joseph And Cossy Orjiakor Strike Sexy Pose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.