Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss (38050 Views)

Saka Shares Photo Of His Beautiful Wife With A Funny Caption / Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? / I Could Not Woo Women During My Undergraduate Years – Saka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by tintingz(m): 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
[size=16pt]Saka cash flows....they are fighting over the hot cake saka[/size] cheesy

== ''make una leave me jeje-li jeje-li o!...ah don porti oo jareh!!''
[img]http://2.bp..com/-2Vp0zM9Y_48/UYaS9lJyjPI/AAAAAAABBbM/unVcdA2VPzA/s1600/SAKA+DON+PORT+1.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by mkoabiola: 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
No wonder am not seing saka @our bread n beans joint in ijankin.
Anyway,my turn de come.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by dray01(m): 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
etisalat has misplace its priority by nt given SAKA what belongs to him wen he was with etisalat.Now, u can nt eat ur cake and have it..MISTAKE ON SAKA PART HAS MADE HIM A MILLIONAIRE.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by poweredcom(m): 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
omo make saka even port go Glo..if dem go give am 40 milla....na for him poket..if na una una no go go where money Big
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by masqot(m): 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
I'm not potting to anywhere. I stay put with MTN
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by mindtricks: 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
What's all this Sakarcism all about!?
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by kubumilano(m): 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
miqos02: saka must be real celebrity now
undecided
miqos02: saka must be real celebrity now
. wasn't he a celebrity before
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nten: 12:00am On Jun 08, 2013
Mumu network people, on their own they cant give free #!00 to their numerous customers for their patronage. Except their usual "load this we will give u this". But they can give millions of naira to 1person in the name of ambassador, they can give multi millions to 1person say e win raffle draw. Y not share even a #100 to ur numerous subscribers make them feel una.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by victorv12(m): 12:22am On Jun 08, 2013
What other telecommunication companies fail to realize about MTN is their marketing strategy. We all know MTN can't be compare to some telecom companies in Nigeria in the aspect of quality services with their competitors, but the ability to capture Nigerians populace with their subliminal and subconscious advert is nothing to joke with. Any company that want to be relevant in Nigeria should follow their concepts. Which Nigerian will say he or she doesn't know about yhello Nigeria when they first came?! Every angle and advert in Nigeria was painted yellow to capture our attention for years, now MTN has "SAKARIZED" everything again with, I don port ooo! Again, everybody's mind is captured. GBAM! Mr Saka wearing Yellow Native and dancing with some chicks, dancing as if we're watching a western video in our local way with I don port ooo slogan. All the major media houses are playing the advert everyday and Nigeria is being covered again in yhello. I'll give kudos to the MTN advertising team. They know how to send out subliminal messages to capture people's minds! Airtel still the best!!!

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:11am On Jun 08, 2013
Abeg mr. managing director abi na CEO, lef dat thing wey u dey talk, Saka don kollekt 20M, so lef am alone! cool
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by mytym(m): 2:17am On Jun 08, 2013
fpeter: SAKA can be a prayer point too, e.g I disengage myself from every
unprofitable relationship and i port into the desired relationship. Amen grin

abi na, from every redundant collabo Baba port me comot with speed of thought!...
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by stchinedu: 3:21am On Jun 08, 2013
fpeter: SAKA can be a prayer point too, e.g I disengage myself from every
unprofitable relationship and i port into the desired relationship. Amen grin
AMEn!
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by crosspaul1(m): 5:27am On Jun 08, 2013
Saka isn't the only that would leave your network cos I have joined mtn also, unless you guys stop stealing credit and changing subscribers plan without notifying them. You will soon loose all ur subscribers.
Etisalat the thief network
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by TechyGuy: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2013
victorv12: ...We all know MTN can't be compare to some telecom companies in Nigeria in the aspect of quality services with their competitors...

Are you kidding me? MTN has the BIGGEST, WIDEST, AND BEST COVERAGE, QUALITY SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE, by far!
Read my earlier posts and you may get some info.
Do you know what it means to have over 50 million subscribers on their infrastructure?
GLO and AIRTEL put together has the subscriber base of MTN.
MTN is 3 times bigger than Etisalat, you can't even compare them. 50 million to 17 million, that's the figure.

NOW, put MTN's subscriber base on any network and THEY WILL CRASH IN HOURS!
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by kilmix: 8:57am On Jun 08, 2013
Reminds me of the story of the Boy and the Bird "The Bird said: Always keep what you have got". "The Boy said: I shall do that, I sha'nt forget".
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Sheggy13(m): 9:01am On Jun 08, 2013
TechyGuy:

Don't generalize because of your experience from one location compared to the entire Nigeria.
MTN has the biggest investment in Nigeria. Glo is supposed to be though, since they own MainOne which forms part of the back bone of GSM infrastructure in Nigeria.

MTN has about 40-45% of mobile subscriber base in Nigeria.

In my location, Etisalat is dead, not even a good 2G, Airtel is a bit okay, Glo is super fast and MTN is pretty good, I can get 200kb/s on my lappy and 500kb/s on my android phone.
I can't use Glo BB plans on my android and lappy but can use MTN and Airtel but MTN has more data (unlimited on my lappy grin) and fair usage of over 2GB on my android for just 1k, so I stay with MTN.
The fact is that MTN Super saver tariff is quite cheap. N6/min MTN to MTN and N15/min to other network. On my Glo, which I use a lot for calls, I call N15 flat to all networks, so I don't know how MTN is more expensive. In Data, it is cheaper, BB is cheaper, and calls are cheaper too. I actually feel they have the cheapest tariff.
please techyguy how do u activate unlimited browsing on ur laptop and get over 2GB data on ur android phone with MTN..i need to know pls wink
TechyGuy:

Don't generalize because of your experience from one location compared to the entire Nigeria.
MTN has the biggest investment in Nigeria. Glo is supposed to be though, since they own MainOne which forms part of the back bone of GSM infrastructure in Nigeria.

MTN has about 40-45% of mobile subscriber base in Nigeria.

In my location, Etisalat is dead, not even a good 2G, Airtel is a bit okay, Glo is super fast and MTN is pretty good, I can get 200kb/s on my lappy and 500kb/s on my android phone.
I can't use Glo BB plans on my android and lappy but can use MTN and Airtel but MTN has more data (unlimited on my lappy grin) and fair usage of over 2GB on my android for just 1k, so I stay with MTN.
The fact is that MTN Super saver tariff is quite cheap. N6/min MTN to MTN and N15/min to other network. On my Glo, which I use a lot for calls, I call N15 flat to all networks, so I don't know how MTN is more expensive. In Data, it is cheaper, BB is cheaper, and calls are cheaper too. I actually feel they have the cheapest tariff.
please techyguy how do u activate unlimited browsing on ur laptop and get over 2GB data on ur android phone with MTN..i need to know pls
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by suco01(m): 9:06am On Jun 08, 2013
Am happy for u saka, y etisalat abi wetin dem call theirself no hear ur complain @ 1st instance now dey realise their loss and nw think they shd bring u back, saka na d best move u take, God b wit u jawe.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by foxgiovani(m): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2013
TechyGuy: The guy is just talking to ease the effect the ad had on Etisalat. Inside information/statistics shows that MTN is gaining from MNP more than any other network and Etisalat is the biggest looser so far.
Many people don't understand how the market in Nigeria works.
You would be shocked to know that more people have ported out of Etisalat to MTN than between any other network.

The stats show:

MTN gaining (with more porting in from Etisalat than Glo and Airtel)
Airtel comes 2nd.
Glo is pretty much same (port in and port out, is pretty balanced).
Etisalat has lost more customers, to MTN and Airtel.

That's why they are trying to do damage control. They goofed big time, thinking media hype among youth immediately translates to popularity.
source, please.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Chinom(m): 9:16am On Jun 08, 2013
Considering the kind of profits these foreign Telcos make in Nigeria, any Nigerian they sign up for any campaign should not earn less than N5m. Celebrity or not. They should give something back.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by ibrobell(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2013
I don't get it. Who made the mistake? It obviously not saka. Refusing will be the biggest mistake.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by IncomeTutor: 9:59am On Jun 08, 2013
Let them continue to groom other Sakas
for Glo, Airtel, etc. They will not learn
their lessons. The Nigeria syndrome.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by sam90s(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2013
Uceegal: I remember when my nick name was saka,back then in secondary school. Thank God I have repented and has dumped that name. Glory be to God Almighty

Thanking God because you dont share a name with a fictional character whose actor has just been paid 20m ( which will most likely have been used to purchase Lekki land with high speculative value)?

#Seen.

Park well Abegiii! Saka consult you for 'Lekki property with high speculative value' abi you be 'Al Green'?
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by badesco(m): 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
Saka made a right decision.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Man51ut(m): 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
It doesn't matter if Saka ports to heaven or not. all i know is MTN service sux, and no 'funny' guy with jacked teeth is going to make me switch to them.
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by nenergy(m): 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2013
In the corporate world, there are no mistakes..only LESSONS!!! Hope Etisalat learnt their lesson.hahahaha
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Vires: 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
cheesy cheesy :Dfrom green ankara to yellow ankara cheesy
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Vires: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
victorv12: What other telecommunication companies fail to realize about MTN is their marketing strategy. We all know MTN can't be compare to some telecom companies in Nigeria in the aspect of quality services with their competitors, but the ability to capture Nigerians populace with their subliminal and subconscious advert is nothing to joke with. Any company that want to be relevant in Nigeria should follow their concepts. Which Nigerian will say he or she doesn't know about yhello Nigeria when they first came?! Every angle and advert in Nigeria was painted yellow to capture our attention for years, now MTN has "SAKARIZED" everything again with, I don port ooo! Again, everybody's mind is captured. GBAM! Mr Saka wearing Yellow Native and dancing with some chicks, dancing as if we're watching a western video in our local way with I don port ooo slogan. All the major media houses are playing the advert everyday and Nigeria is being covered again in yhello. I'll give kudos to the MTN advertising team. They know how to send out subliminal messages to capture people's minds! Airtel still the best!!!

So true !!!!!
For every 10 calls I get, 8 are mtn
Almost everyone I know that uses mtn, abuse, insult, curse them everyday
But would they drop their mtn, NOPE
The worst they do is have additional networks
Truly mtn have juju

1 Like

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
TechyGuy: The guy is just talking to ease the effect the ad had on Etisalat. Inside information/statistics shows that MTN is gaining from MNP more than any other network and Etisalat is the biggest looser so far.
Many people don't understand how the market in Nigeria works.
You would be shocked to know that more people have ported out of Etisalat to MTN than between any other network.

The stats show:

MTN gaining (with more porting in from Etisalat than Glo and Airtel)
Airtel comes 2nd.
Glo is pretty much same (port in and port out, is pretty balanced).
Etisalat has lost more customers, to MTN and Airtel.

That's why they are trying to do damage control. They goofed big time, thinking media hype among youth immediately translates to popularity.

I'm surprised to hear eti-baba is losing out in this porting war. Are u sure your Intel is reliable?
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by MEILYN(m): 12:01am On Jun 09, 2013
nice move SAKA such is life.....Happy Porting

Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Carsonv(m): 12:21am On Jun 09, 2013
Vires:

So true !!!!!
For every 10 calls I get, 8 are mtn
Almost everyone I know that uses mtn, abuse, insult, curse them everyday
But would they drop their mtn, NOPE
The worst they do is have additional networks
Truly mtn have juju
MTN-Subsciber relationship is like an abusive relationship...you don't enjoy it but you just can't leave!
MTN still tops because:
1. They control a huge percentage of the market.
2. Since they have majority, they have cheaper ON-NET call rate which in essence is more economical compared to any FLAT tariff offer by any other network.
For other networks to be able to compete favorably, NCC has to bridge the wide gap between ON-NET and OFF-NET calls on the MTN Network. That's the solution to creating a truly competitive market...else we'll keep having the trend where the 'smaller' networks slash prices and MTN readjusts without losing sleep and still remains in profit.
Remember once when Vmobile did this offer (can't remember exactly)...but I think it was N1/min slash. People streamed to Vmobile...and it became tough to call MTN numbers with Vmobile line. Everybody was forced back to MTN!
Re: Saka Porting To MTN Was A Mistake - Etisalat Boss by Carsonv(m): 12:32am On Jun 09, 2013
TechyGuy:

I know "Etisalat youths" will never believe the info.
For your information, MTN has more new subscribers daily than almost all other networks put together (don't ask me where I got the stats, wink grin coolwink)
MNP is in favour of MTN as it stands, Etisalat is the biggest looser so far. By the way, it is not just Saka's ad, but MTN's strategic marketing and investment in infrastructure.

Right now:
MTN has over 45 million subscribers
Glo follows with 27 million
Airtel with about 27 million too
Etisalat with about 17 million

MTN has grown since the MNP launch and Etisalat dropped some figures. Major chunk of the figures dropped from Etisalat added to MTN base.
Mind you, I know Etisalat is highly needed in the industry. They are price crashers and also they force MTN and others to continually give promos and freebies.

Though Etisalat has the smallest subscriber base and infrastructure, they are giving MTN run for their money.
The only reason I'm still on MTN is the cheaper call rates to MTN numbers (the majority). You know that, I know that and MTN knows that.
On th issue of QoS, MTN falls flat on their belly. Don't argue based on the fact that they have majority of the market. If you want to control 51% of the telecom market be ready to install infrastructure that would deliver the QoS needed. Can you compare the subscriber base of Cingular, AT&T to MTN Nigeria? Yet these telcos deliver out-of-naija services! MTN Sucks...and I can't wait to port my call services from them. Cos currently they can't handle my data services. Etisalat rocks... Saka or no Saka.

Don't blame Saka though...man must wak!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Medical Student Draws Trey Songz (Photo) / WOW! Uche Jombo’s Wedding Photos / Useless old man - Bobrisky blasts Actor Charles Awurum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.