Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,593 members, 7,770,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:38 AM

More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters (51322 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Nigerians More Evidence That Buhari Is Going Accept Gay Marriage / I ‘ve Video Evidence On Murder Of Abacha, Abiola – Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by sucess001(m): 8:41am On Jun 08, 2013
Nigeria’s Central Bank Governor, Sanusi, Unable To Shake Off Sex Scandal As More Evidence Surface

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Nigeria’s Central Bank Governor, appears unable to shake off a report that he funneled public funds to Maryam Yaro, a married mistress whom he gave a job at the bank he oversees.

Premium Times was first to report the scandal in which Mr. Sanusi was accused of abusing his office in order to advance an amorous relationship with a woman.

Several sources told SaharaReporters that Premium Times has been under intense pressure from associates of the CBN Governor since the expose was published. In the wake of the report, the CBN also issued a widely circulated rebuttal claiming that Ms. Yaro was never a staff of the bank, that she was employed at Nigeria Incentive-based Risk Sharing Systems For Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL), and that the governor had no hand in her recruitment.

But records obtained by SaharaReporters suggest that the bank’s claims are an attempt to muddle up the facts. NIRSAL, to which Ms. Yaro is attached, is a special purpose vehicle (SPV) set up by the Federal Government through a partnership between the CBN and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture. Besides, the project is domiciled in the Development Finance Department of the CBN.
It is the CBN’s human resource department that hires staff for NIRSAL, and it is Mr. Sanusi who approves all recruitments into the agency, insiders say.

Records available to us indeed showed that, contrary to the CBN’s claims, Mr. Sanusi directly and personally approved Ms. Yaro’s recruitment.

Investigations by SaharaReporters revealed that, after approving Ms. Yaro’s hiring and sending her file back to the bank’s human resource department, Mr. Sanusi sent a message to his mistress on June 25, 2012 saying, “I’m in South Africa. I approved your recruitment last week.”

Ten minutes later, Ms. Yaro responded: “You have made my day. Thank you so much. Let me know when you are back.”

When the human resource department delayed in sending her appointment letter, Ms. Yaro contacted Mr. Sanusi to complain.

“I have not heard anything from CBN since you approved my recruitment,” she wrote in a July 9, 2012 message. “Is there anything I need to do?”

A source told SaharaReporters that, following her complaint, Mr. Sanusi contacted the CBN human resource department urging them to expedite action on her case.
Eight days later, on July 17, 2012, Ms. Yaro informed Mr. Sanusi that the human resource department had finally acted on his instruction.

“Allah nguro, I have been issued my letter of offer,” she said in a message. “Thank you so much. When can I come and see you?”

When she submitted her acceptance letter to human resource, Ms. Yaro promptly informed Mr Sanusi and thanked him again for helping her to get the job.

After Ms. Yaro assumed duties at the CBN headquarters in Abuja, the human resource department produced a business card for her. In it she was described as follows:  “Dr. Maryam W. Yaro, Nirsal Project Implementation Office (NPIO), Development Finance Department, Central Bank of Nigeria.”

Even the documents released by the CBN are clear as to whether Ms. Yaro could be regarded as a staff of the CBN, and whether the governor played a role in her recruitment.

For instance, official memos detailing the processes leading to her recruitment are marked “internal,” originating from NIRSAL to other units of the bank. Her appointment letter, written on CBN letterhead, was signed by Chizoba Mojekwu, director, human resources department of the bank.

The CBN’s so-called rebuttal did not say why its human resource director would sign an appointment letter for a staff or consultant of another agency independent of the bank.

In its rebuttal, the bank provided evidence of communications leading to Ms. Yaro’s employment in 2012, but provided none relating to any public announcement of the vacancy she filled. The law requires that such a post must be publicly announced to enable interested candidates to apply.

The details show that the bank treated Ms. Yaro’s employment expressly, with memos between NIRSAL office and CBN’s top management indicating how Mr. Sanusi endorsed her recruitment.

In one document seen by SaharaReporters, a helpless staff of the bank raised concern about Ms. Yaro’s recruitment. In a memo requesting Mr. Sanusi’s approval of the recruitment, the concerned staff minuted: “Please approve as prayed above. We should take into account diversity in future recruitment.”

In approving the recruitment, Mr. Sanusi dismissed the staff’s concern, and wrote: “Approved. I think gender is a good basis for diversity here and candidate is qualified.”

Ms. Yaro’s recruitment process took a matter of weeks, and she received her letter of offer in July 17, 2012 and promptly communicated same to the CBN boss while also informing him of her planned date of assumption of duties.

Some sources within the CBN suggested to SaharaReporters that some of the documents circulated by the CBN were forged and backdated as a face-saving measure. However, SaharaReporters was unable to independently confirm the allegation.

SaharaReporters learned that the details of the affair between Mr. Sanusi and Ms. Yaro have stirred anger and outrage within the bank and beyond. Critics have focused on the fact that Mr. Sanusi, a public officer, traveled on jets funded by taxpayers to keep appointments with Ms. Yaro at expensive hotels. Until this scandal broke, Mr. Sanusi was highly respected even if some of his policies, like doling cash to victims of terrorist attacks in Kano, were controversial.

Mr. Sanusi led revolutionary reforms in the banks when he came on board in 2009 and has remained critical and outspoken on several government policies despite serving in the administration. He has also repeatedly advocated adherence to the rule of law.

On the other hand, Mr. Sanusi has had his defenders. Many of these defenders have brushed aside glaring evidence of misconduct by Nigeria’s chief banker, instead accusing news reporters who worked on the story of witch-hunting Mr. Sanusi and attempting to defame him.

Senior officials of Premium Times said they expected the backlash, even as they stated that they stood firmly by their story. “We knew the story was going to shock a lot of people,” said Idris Akinbajo acting managing editor at the publication. “We were under no illusion that it would take a lot of time for many to swallow the bitter truth of the revelations made in the story.” He added, “We have discharged our responsibility of providing information we believe citizens need in order to hold officials accountable.

Mr. Akinbajo continued, “Our job is done, as we will only continue to provide additional information as necessary. It is left for Nigerians to either demand accountability or live without it – and so continue to celebrate the indiscretions of their leaders.”

The executive added: “We stand firmly by our story and look forward to the moment the CBN Governor will boldly look Nigerians in the face and say any of the things we reported did not happen.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria%E2%80%99s-central-bank-governor-sanusi-unable-shake-sex-scandal-more-evidence-surface

6 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Pysam(m): 10:22am On Jun 08, 2013
Even the saint have shit in their anus.this mata must kip spread cos there is more from where this came from

2 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
Sanusi should resign immediately for bringing his office to disrepute!!!!!

Sanusi's position has become untenable!

16 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
He must resign,.nothing else would do. I'm sure the likes of Cecelia and Erastus would be very happy with this unfolding development.

3 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by ifyalways(f): 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
Women !
Women ! !
Onye nwanyi na-egbughi lipsrsealed

30 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by gbanikiti(m): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
In a sane country, this punny chaser ought to have been fired but no one seems to bother about his embarrassment to the nation. smh

10 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Garrithe1st: 2:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
The power of "kpekus"...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Gamji007: 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
Interesting...

This may not be unconnected to the throne of EMIR of Kano Sanusi is said to be aspiring for.

Should he start saying good bye to the seat of Emir of Kano?

2 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by kgbd(m): 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
gbanikiti: In a sane country, this punny chaser ought to have been fired but no one seems to bother about his embarrassment to the nation. smh
really our country is sick, very sick!

1 Like

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by deor03(m): 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
I didn't believe until I read the lame weak rebuttal put up by CBN spokesman.

Sanusi should resign and submit himself to Sharia court, within whose jurisdiction ,the act was done.

15 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by nuclearboy(m): 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
Who is bringing classified official documents into the public eye? shocked

This mallam don vex some seriously powerful people o

11 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Policewoman(f): 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
AND SO BLOODY WHAT? As a muslim he is entitled to 4 wives, so people should mind their business angry angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by hollandis(f): 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Was she his girlfriend. ..did he fork her? Abeg leave matter for Mathias

1 Like

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by superior1: 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
And he was asking that Akingbola and co be hanged for stealing from depositors whereas he man sef na barawo using tax payers money to live like the Emir of Nigeria. I think EFCC should check up on this guy and make him explain why we need to be paying him to sleep with his ashewos

3 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
nuclearboy: Who is bringing classified official documents into the public eye? shocked

This mallam don vex some seriously powerful people o
That's exactly my point. He must have stepped on dreaded toes.

1 Like

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by MrFord1: 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
Policewoman: AND SO BLOODY WHAT? As a muslim he is entitled to 4 wives, so people should mind their business angry angry angry angry
The woman is married.

41 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Ekans: 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
I see the hands of the failed banks sacked CEOs in this.Which government official in nigeria does not chase after things in skirts?.Its a norm in this clime although that doesnt make it right.

1 Like

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Hmmmm.. Power of punany, women I fear una

This same mallam always claiming to be a saint, where were the asslickers defending him when the news first broke, if dude has any shame, he should call it quit, but trust a typical African, he prefers to be shamed in power than resigning willingly
Go Sanusi go...

But wait ooo, shey dem don dey hack mobile phone for Nigeria ni?
Hahaha, our politicians are in soup

2 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by eriegua83: 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Sanusi! S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ this wayward A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ useless?

1 Like

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by OduntanGabriel(m): 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Soooooooooooo? Who amongst u is a saint? Though this is unethical but most of us criticizing this man have skeletons in our cupboard...

4 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by negosus: 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
women are powerful. Using their God-given assets to control mighty men, kings and princes.
I just remembered Cleopatra and Caesar. Men should be very careful when it comes to pleasures from women.
Nothing goes for nothing.
Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by akorlade(m): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
and he speaks as if he is holier than soludo.

1 Like

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
He is a he-goat. Jumping from one nanny goat to another.

1 Like

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by solomon111(m): 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
Oduntan Gabriel: Soooooooooooo? Who amongst u is a saint? Though this is unethical but most of us criticizing this man have skeletons in our cupboard...
bullshitt.
If you must work in the public sector,especially a very sensitive post as the CBN governor,then you are expected to be a saint.

16 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by ebamma(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
.How did they get hold of his personal text messages?
He should sue them for breach of privacy

2 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by deeptesting(m): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
Oduntan Gabriel: Soooooooooooo? Who amongst u is a saint? Though this is unethical but most of us criticizing this man have skeletons in our cupboard...

You must be a bandit.........tomorrow you will begin to complain why things are not working in Nigeria...How old are you?

11 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by ChristKid1: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
Lol who knew the funky mallam was a player? How did they even obtain those messages?

I'd love to read Jarus take on all this. grin

1 Like

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
Policewoman: AND SO BLOODY WHAT? As a muslim he is entitled to 4 wives, so people should mind their business angry angry angry angry

4 wife's including someone else wife?

2 Likes

Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by adextetoo(m): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
monkey don chop banana san gba fo!!!
Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by OduntanGabriel(m): 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2013
solomon111: bullshitt.
If you must work in the public sector,especially a very sensitive post as the CBN governor,then you are expected to be a saint.

Says who? Tell me a saint u knw, even jesus christ said "enirere kan ko si"
Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2013
Hehe. Sanusi don hear am. This is truly the handwork of his enemies.

Anyway, the private lives of govt officials shouldn't be our business.
Re: More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters by Born2beRich1(m): 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2013

I didnt want to post anything concerning this issue until i saw this post that kept me wondering when nigerians will wake up from their hullicinations.

WHen sanusi took up the oath in office as the CBN director did he take it up as a muslim or as a qualified individual for the post that will take the CBN to the next level

It is very wrong and offensive when a CBN governor abuses his post to be employing his girlfriends or promoting his secret lovers( married and unmarried) that arent worthy of that post in office..Take a lesson from the past world bank president that was accused of promoting his office girl friend to a very high post that she wasnt qualified for...

Guess what? he had to resign becos of it.

If this is true Mr sanusi is in deep mess but this is Nigeria, if Ifeayin uba and other subsidy criminals are roaming free then it will be easy for sanusi all he has to do is to appease the gods in politics.

34 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nuhu Ribadu's Daughter, Fatima Graduates From NTIC (Photos) / Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" / Busari Twin Sisters Meet President Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.