Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,473 members, 7,840,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. (1028 Views)

The Wedding Night Sex - Naija Romance Stories / Must Wearing A Ring On The Fourth Finger Be A Sign That One Is Married? / Amazing Fact Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by kentoplash(m): 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
The wedding ring is an emblem which signifies marital agreement between two people by means of a wedding, it is a representation of  the fact that a person is married.

A lot of people are ignorant of why the wedding ring is worn on the fourth finger. Have you ever pondered about it? Well, the guess is over because the Chinese people have given a perfect, beautiful and convincing explanation for this. I saw this and decided to share with you all. Do read and try the little exercise below to find out yourself.

The fourth finger of the left hand has a nerve that is connected to our hearts. As we all know, the heart is a symbol of love . It is also said that the fourth (Ring) finger represents your Life Partner.

Thumbs represents your parents,
Second (index) finger represents your siblings,
Middle finger represents yourself,
Fourth (ring) finger represents your life partner and
The last (middle) finger represents your children

- Firstly, open your palms (face to face), bend the middle fingers and hold them together-back to back as seen in the picture above.
- Secondly, open and hold the remaining three fingers and the thumb-tip to tip.
- Now, try to separate your thumbs (representing the parents)…they will open, because your parents are not destined to live with you lifelong, and have to leave you sooner or later.
- Please join your thumbs as before and separate your index finger (representing siblings). They will also open, because your brothers and sisters will have their own families and will have to lead their own separate lives.
- Now join the index fingers and separate your little fingers (representing your children), they will open too because the children will also get married and settle down on their own some day.
- Finally, join your little fingers, and try to separate your ring fingers (representing your spouse). You will be surprised to see that you just CANNOT.., because husband and wife have to remain together all their lives- through thick and thin.

So here is the lesson, learn to tolerate your partner and settle your differences because you are bound to be together for live—till death do you part.

Did their little experiment work for you?Do you agree with it? Send us a shout if it did…cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by peleson: 4:19am On Jun 09, 2013
Very nice
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 09, 2013
Mine separated.. No wonder Im divorced angry

1 Like

Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 09, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Mine separated.. No wonder Im divorced angry

Shitt happens..
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 09, 2013
REALITY101:

Shitt happens..

Abi angry
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 09, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Abi angry

Yep... How are ya
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 09, 2013
REALITY101:

Yep... How are ya

fabulous kiss How are you?
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 09, 2013
Good. At my cousin's graduation event, boring as F.. Bunch of hs girls oldest will be bout 17.. I ain't tryna go to jail lol
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 09, 2013
REALITY101: Good. At my cousin's graduation event, boring as F.. Bunch of hs girls oldest will be bout 17.. I ain't tryna go to jail lol

Go for the older sisters wink
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 09, 2013
Nah.. I love em from 18-22 kiss cheesy
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by tedd(m): 5:25am On Jun 09, 2013
Yeah she's right. They r wiser and smarter
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by kentoplash(m): 6:10am On Jun 09, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Mine separated.. No wonder Im divorced angry
I strongly doubt, it is not possible 4 urs 2 seperate.
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 09, 2013
kentoplash:
I strongly doubt, it is not possible 4 urs 2 seperate.

Anything is possible. angry
Re: Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger. by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 09, 2013
Falsified theory. Totality lie and forever jargon. Gush! Why did I even lock my fingers in the first place? Op respect yourself o. Chinko and fake things sha

(1) (Reply)

Cheating Wife Gets Busted On Live Radio / Ladies' Reactions To Being Dumped According To Their States / 5 Steps To Take Before Starting A New Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.