Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,285 members, 7,839,398 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order (8823 Views)

MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - How Is Your Area? / MASSOB Sit-At-Home Order In Anambra - Live Updates / Soldiers Flood Anambra Over Massob's Sit-at-home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Okijajuju: 11:58am On Jun 09, 2013
teemlo: THE people of Enugu Saturday refused to comply with the directive by the pro-Biafra group, the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB to sit at home to mourn Igbos killed in northern states by Boko Haram.

There was apprehension among the people over the sit-at-home order but there was no compliance as the people went about their normal businesses.

The state police command had on Wednesday issued a statement warning those trying to cause confusion in the state to drop the idea or face the wrath of the law.

The command thereafter beefed up security in parts of the state to signal their readiness to tackle the miscreants who masquerade as MASSOB members.

Many residents who woke up Saturday morning expecting to see the enforcement of the order were disappointed as the capital city was calm with many traders doing their normal businesses.

The markets were opened to traders and buyers even though some youths were telling people that there would be no trading at Ogbete Main Market.

Officials of MASSOB were nowhere to be found as policemen were seen along major streets of the capital city.

Reports from Nsukka, however, said economic activities were partially paralyzed as some traders locked up their shop in the market for fear of being attacked

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/enugu-shuns-massob-sit-at-home-order

Enugu is home to very educated Igbo men. MASSOB has never had a hold on them. Second is Imo state.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by jason123: 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
I have always said it here. Enugu and Imo peeps are the best set of Igbos in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by wawaboy1(m): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
CFCfan: Afam is spot on!
I think Afam is right
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by jason123: 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
Anambra peeps will think others are trying to cause confusion in Igbo land but that is not the case. They need to learn to be civilized like Enugu and Imo peeps. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by gbanikiti(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: Enugu is always different. If there's one thing i've noticed, it is that MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders.
AFAM! AFAM!! AFAM!!! UGBORO OLE KA M KPORO AHA GI? IJI KWA AHU? LEKWA UDIRI OKWU SI GI N'ONU PUTA? YOU ARE SPEWING TRASH BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM ENUGU STATE. IF THIS HAD HAPPENED IN ANOTHER SE STATE YOU WOULDN'T SAY NONSENSE!

DOROKWA AKA NA NTI GI AFAM!! WERE IRE GI GUO EZE GI!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Uclloyd28(m): 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva is not truly ibo. Insulting Anambra people for no just cause and yet u pride yourself as a matured, right thinking fellow. U are bound to betrayal the ibos if given the chance. Nkita rachakwa gi ike idiot!

BTW, Am from Imo.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Decryptor(m): 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
gbanikiti: AFAM! AFAM!! AFAM!!! UGBORO OLE KA M KPORO AHA GI? IJI KWA AHU? LEKWA UDIRI OKWU SI GI N'ONU PUTA? YOU ARE SPEWING TRASH BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM ENUGU STATE. IF THIS HAD HAPPENED IN ANOTHER SE STATE YOU WOULDN'T SAY NONSENSE!

Afam na eme ka o wee meeda ndi asusu oga ya nyere ya oru morderetor. Ataru m ya uta o! Nihi na ebe mmadu si eri ka ona akpachie!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by jamp: 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Okija juju:

he is one of the few intellectuals we still have amongst us.

Na intellectual we go eat. Why do we igbos hate ourselves. How many times hv u seen the north criticising themselves on this platform.

Somebody called ur father a goat n u praise him all in d name of education

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by oboy3(m): 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
The protest was also carried out in asaba,does it mean that asaba too have a lot of 'pseudo illeterate traders'
I tire for my people

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by yertyr(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's the truth.

There's a reason why you rarely hear of MASSOB wahala in Enugu and that's because it's the sanest city in Igboland and it probably houses the most educated.
seriously, guy this is trash. The issue is simple: u're required to stay at home to mourn as well as commiserate with ur fellow igbos who lost their beloved in the north. Abeg, pesin tell u to join massob? And u're here talking about sane state and states with 'pseudo illiterates'. Na u read pass Ojukwu abi?... That is y biafra can't work, we are not even united to form our own. And 4 ur information: if the word 'illiterates where meant 4 anambrans'... Know that ezekwesili, akunyili, soludo, obi all hail from anambra.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
Uclloyd28: Afam4eva is not truly ibo. Insulting Anambra people for no just cause and yet u pride yourself as a matured, right thinking fellow. U are bound to betrayal the ibos if given the chance. Nkita rachakwa gi ike idiot!

BTW, Am from Imo.
So, i'm not Igbo again? lol. Unu ga egbu mmadu na Nairaland. So, all the years that i have been fighting people on this forum for denigrating my tribe, i was Igbo but because i said something that did not go down well with some of you, i have seized to be Igbo. The problem with a lot ofIgbo people even the so-called educated ones is that they're never objective and want everybody to have one view on issues else the person will be termed sabo.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Decryptor(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
jason123: Anambra peeps will think others are trying to cause confusion in Igbo land but that is not the case. They need to learn to be civilized like Enugu and Imo peeps. A word is enough for the wise.
Your head needs to be examined

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by jamp: 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
Decryptor: Afam na eme ka o wee meeda ndi asusu oga ya nyere ya oru morderetor. Ataru m ya uta o! Nihi na ebe mmadu si eri ka ona akpachie!

Nwanne eji ya! Hapu afam ka ona ekwuyeri. Anyi ga-agbapuro ya maka na obu moderator.

Ka m juo unu, segun ona enye ndi moderator ego?
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Abagworo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
Not observing the "sit at home" plan does not equate to being civilized. From the reports I've got, the compliance was not absolute but satisfactory. I'm totally against MASSOB's plan to disintegrate Nigeria but the "sit at home" was a good way of mourning the thousands we've lost to unwarranted hatred across the country.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
yertyr:
seriously, guy this is trash. The issue is simple: u're required to stay at home to mourn as well as commiserate with ur fellow igbos who lost their beloved in the north. Abeg, pesin tell u to join massob? And u're here talking about sane state and states with 'pseudo illiterates'. Na u read pass Ojukwu abi?... That is biafra can't work, we are not even united to form our own. And 4 ur information: if the word 'illiterates where meant 4 anambrans'... Know that ezekwesili, akunyili, soludo, obi all hail from anambra.
First of all, i don't know why you're naming people from Anambra cos i never said anything about Ndi Anambra being illiterates. I only talked about Enugu town and not it's people. Was Enugu not jointly built by all Igbos with Anambra people even being at the forefront?

There's nothing wrong with calling people to sit at home to mourn Igbos that have been murdered in the North. It's a problem when people are threatened to do so. That's what happens when you have pseudo illiterates running a sensitive group as MASSOB. They should learn to employ diplomacy when doing things. There's a reason why the top echelon of the Igbo society don't associate with Biafra.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by ballabriggs: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
All these umuazi who don't know what it really means to balkanise a country like Nigeria will jump on Uwazuruike's back to scream MASSOB, I laugh in Isiekenesi and Abagana combine.

All I see is a bunch of jobless people who have no idea of what the real thing is. They have no strategy, the 'sit at home' was only to massage their ego, it is a clear waste of their time. When the time comes we will know what the deal is. Till then I can only look and keep laughing at a bunch of ignorant people.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by confusion247(m): 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
jason123: I have always said it here. Enugu and Imo peeps are the best set of Igbos in Nigeria.
Does that save them in the hands of northern jihadist and boko haram?
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, i'm not Igbo again? lol. Unu ga egbu mmadu na Nairaland. So, all the years that i have been fighting people on this forum for denigrating my tribe, i was Igbo but because i said something that did not go down well with some of you, i have seized to be Igbo. The problem with a lot ofIgbo people even the so-called educated ones is that they're never objective and want everybody to have one view on issues else the person will be termed sabo.
Ihire ona emekwa gi? Kedu ka udiri okwu rere ure si gi n'onu aputa? Ndi wawa ole makwanu akwukwo? Ibu ezigbo sabo. Ichoghi oganihu ndigbo. Tufiakwa.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Decryptor(m): 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
First of all, i don't know why you're naming people from Anambra cos i never said anything about Ndi Anambra being illiterates. I only talked about Enugu town and not it's people. Was Enugu not jointly built by all Igbos with Anambra people even being at the forefront?

There's nothing wrong with calling people to sit at home to mourn Igbos that have been murdered in the North. It's a problem when people are threatened to do so. That's what happens when you have pseudo illiterates running a sensitive group as MASSOB. They should learn to employ diplomacy when doing things. There's a reason why the top echelon of the Igbo society don't associate with Biafra.
Ehhh! I understand your point but in my place we have a saying that: " Nwanne gi gba otoo puta ezi, esokwana ndi amaa chia ya ochi mana were ogodo kpuchie ya aru.
Ima na ndi kporo ndi ibo asi juru eju eba and they are looking for a slight opportunity to "ikwa anyi emu" U understand what i mean!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Uclloyd28(m): 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:

All am saying is that u went too far. And so you know, Imo has the most educated number of people in SE and ranked among the best 5 educated states in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by ballabriggs: 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
Abagworo: Not observing the "sit at home" plan does not equate to being civilized. From the reports I've got, the compliance was not absolute but satisfactory. I'm totally against MASSOB's plan to disintegrate Nigeria but the "sit at home" was a good way of mourning the thousands we've lost to unwarranted hatred across the country.

Like I said before, MASSOB do not care about anybody murdered in any place in Nigeria. If they did they will have done more to prevent people from being kidnapped and murdered in the South East. In fact most of the kidnappers are actually members of the criminal group MASSOB.

MASSOB is just like the EDL that used the death of Sergeant Lee Rigby to further their hate and neo-fascist agenda. Fact is if these things did not happen, these bunch of hate mongers will look for other events to attach their hate ideologies. We know such groups and the way they operate. They will attach it to religion, they will attach it to ethnicity, the will attach it to race, they will attach it to sports, they will even attach it to the autonomous communities created by OUK and Udenwa. You cannot help hate mongers and xenophobes, it is like a disease.

It is over 12 years since this their nonsense 'sit at home' began, what progress has MASSOB made in its so-called "actualization of Biafra"? Nothing! While the gullible continue to spend their money on Uwazuruike and the other demons.

Azi gbakwa ihe ojo.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by confusion247(m): 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
Abagworo: Not observing the "sit at home" plan does not equate to being civilized. From the reports I've got, the compliance was not absolute but satisfactory. I'm totally against MASSOB's plan to disintegrate Nigeria but the "sit at home" was a good way of mourning the thousands we've lost to unwarranted hatred across the country.
For the past 40 years the unwarranted killings have continued with no end in sight and you still want this country to remain in the delusion that we are one Nigeria so that more innocent people will die. Too Bad.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
Uclloyd28:

All am saying is that u went too far. And so you know, Imo has the most educated number of people in SE and ranked among the best 5 educated states in Nigeria.

At least now i know you didn't get my statement. Imo state may have the number of most educated Igbos but i was referring to Enugu city and not Enugu indegenes. This Enugu city was the former capital of the east and it has the most intelligent people from Abia, Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi and Enugu.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by jamp: 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam you need to tender apology to igbos now cos u went to far.

Sometimes we make mistakes

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by biodunid: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
My people keep forgetting that Biafra possesses only 3% of naija land mass but maybe 20% of the population and that this the real reason they are all over the place - not because they love other lands or are more adventurous but sheer necessity. Upshot is that Biafra needs Nigeria more than Nigeria needs Biafra. As for the Igbo / Ijaw alliance, we all know how that will end. Attached is a break down of land mass for the various regions. Things are so bad that you can fit the whole of Biafra into old Oyo, Bendel or even current Benue. BTW naija itself is already five times as densely populated as the US - half the population on 10% of the land. We should be thinking of how to bring about the United States of west Africa with nine times our current land mass and only 180% of our population to provide lebenstraum for us and not this braindead fixation with a solution that did not work 40 years ago and won't work today. My people should study these numbers and understand their import before Uwazurike causes them to make the most regrettable decision. As for relations between Biafra and rump Nigeria if a break up ever happens, I ask you to cast your gaze on the two Sudans or the two Koreas even after over 60 years.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: Enugu is always different. If there's one thing i've noticed, it is that MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders.

While you may, out of your own resolve, display apathy towards MASSOB'S struggle, do not ridicule their persons in such condescending manner in order to appear neutral to outsiders.

For Christ's sake, you are Igbo and should understand exactly the point they are trying to pass across. Is it now a crime to you that the dead should be honoured? Your dead Igbo brothers and sisters?

At least MASSOB is putting in work rather than sitting somewhere in Lagos or in a foreign country and ranting over the net.

While Enugu may be less inclined to indulge in rash and outspoken means of agitation like MASSOB in other states do, every Enugu resident, indigene and entire Igbo nation at large, irrespective of being educated or not, white collared or blue collared, wish and hope within their hearts for a new and better nation than what is currently obtainable called Nigeria, whatever that new nation may be called.

Respect others man, and recognise those who have staked a lot to make sure that your people are given the respect they deserve. You and many like you on this forum should not throw objectivity away and just spit nonsense just to get acknowledged by strangers who have numerous times wished you and your people genocide and unimaginable death. Ignore MASSOB but respect them, in as much as you may be tempted to believe they are fools and uneducated.

Always thought you were smarter but your comments sometimes leave me totally baffled and dumbfounded.

Smh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by phantom(m): 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
jaymdee: The Enugu/Anambra wahala shouldn't come up at all. It's clear that Enugu holds more enlightened people in the East. This doesn't mean that you have less literate people in Anambra. And FYI, literacy and enlightenment can have some disparity. Enugu is to the East what Lagos is to the West. And Anambra is to the East what Ekiti(literary giants) is to the West. Simple. No fight here biko.
funniest thing ive read today...Smh.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by ACM10: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2013

I'm disappointed with this comment of yours. Seems you are prone to gaffe. Onitsha is the home of the most enlightened Igbos and indeed Nigerians. Think of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Prof. Chike Obi, Philip Emeagwali, Justice Ikpeazu, just to name few. Soon you will start wailing of Anambra superiority complex when Chino stumbles on this comment.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by phantom(m): 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
gbanikiti: AFAM! AFAM!! AFAM!!! UGBORO OLE KA M KPORO AHA GI? IJI KWA AHU? LEKWA UDIRI OKWU SI GI N'ONU PUTA? YOU ARE SPEWING TRASH BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM ENUGU STATE. IF THIS HAD HAPPENED IN ANOTHER SE STATE YOU WOULDN'T SAY NONSENSE!

abeg go and sit down.what did he type that some of you are screaming blue murder.we all can see why comprehension is so important in our curriculum.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2013
ACM10:

I'm disappointed with this comment of yours. Seems you are prone to gaffe. Onitsha is the home of the most enlightened Igbos and indeed Nigerians. Think of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Prof. Chike Obi, Philip Emeagwali, Justice Ikpeazu, just to name few. Soon you will start wailing of Anambra superiority complex when Chino stumbles on this comment.
Did these people you listed live in Onitsha? Go back and read my comment and understand it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Our Presidents Have Conspicuous Aides De Camp. / Why Men Die Faster Than Women (hillarious Pictures) / Your View On Oduduwa Radio, BBC Hausa And Radio Biafra. PICTURE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.