Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Britain Welcomes First Black Baroness (A Nigerian) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Welcomes First Black Baroness (A Nigerian) (1474 Views)

Yakubu Dogara Receives John Abraham, The First Black Parliamentarian In Poland / Breaking: Chatham House: Baroness Scotland Of Asthal To Rescue Buhari / Slick Oil Baroness” Folorunsho Alakija Covers Forbes Woman Africa Magazine’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Britain Welcomes First Black Baroness (A Nigerian) by Siga: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
The United Kingdom welcomed its first black baroness last weekend, when the daughter of a Nigerian oil tycoon (Emma McQuiston) tied the knot with the future Marquess of Bath, Ceawlin Thynn- inheriting the tile of Baroness by way of his family’s hereditary power in the area.
Unfortunately, Thynn‘s family were allegedly against the wedding…on the grounds of Emma’s race. Speaking to the publication Tatler, Emma revealed:

“There’s class and then there’s the racial thing. It’s a jungle and I’m going through it and discovering things as I grow up. I’m not super-easily offended but it’s a problem when someone’s making you feel different or separate because of your race.”

http://bunmiodunowo.com/britain-welcomes-first-black-baroness/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=britain-welcomes-first-black-baroness

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Longest Serving Rep Wants 5th Term, Says 'I Pray Five Times Daily' / IMO STATE Prepare As Ikunna Foundation Builds 3 Factories In Imo / Impeachment: PDP, APC Clash Over Nyako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.