Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria (29491 Views)

APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike / Nigerian Armed Forces Display Boko Haram Flags Captured During Battle With Them / What Are The Three Arms Of Government And Their Symbols Of Authority? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 4:53am On Jun 12, 2013
ifechez:

oga. anambra state no get flag or coat of arms. so remove this thing you posted. biko!!!

Unfortunately the Anambra State Government website has been suspended, but you can still see the link to the logo on the website. It was this same flag that was hoisted during the National Sports Festival (Eko 2012) when the flags of all competing states were hoisted (in the presence of the Vice President of Nigeria, the Lagos State Governor and commissioners of sports of all the states) and this logo is still on the Anambra State facebook page.

http://anambrastate.gov.ng/images/intro%20Logo.gif

http://anambrastate.bmobilized.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fanambrastate.gov.ng%2F

http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=121100671319164&refid=46

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Anambra-State-Nigeria/198453873539688?id=198453873539688&_rdr
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Eddy2cute(m): 7:46am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by kennydee05(m): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2013
naptu2: Kwara

Kwara State (1967-1970)

Kwara State 2012
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/886331_Kwara_jpg64e0d4b6161c2fd2fe03021704021348[/img]
Ire n ßƐ ni bi (Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ į̸̸̨§ Ğoº°˚°ºϑ here)
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by ifeanyi83(m): 8:42am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Dewze(m): 8:44am On Jun 12, 2013
Finest logos: Ekiti and Ondo state.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Evestar200(f): 8:52am On Jun 12, 2013
igbo boy:
ta go and sit down...delta own wowor pass wowor. You dey yan OP for here...
If elected into the government house, I promise to provide a better flag for my dear delta people.
LOL,,,WHO WAN ELECT U,,MAKE U GO CHANGE D COLOUR TO BLACK ,,RED AND WHITE AS IF WE DY DANCE IGBE
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Dewze(m): 8:54am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Evestar200(f): 9:11am On Jun 12, 2013
igbo boy:

Nna talk well

Utomi
Ibrus
Obaigbena
Ngozi Iweala
Ralph Uwechue
Jim Ovia
Ayo Oritsejafor
JP Clark
Ofili family
Okocha
Keshi
Sunday oliseh

Nna you go fear list. Berra pack well before I bring out round 2. We are well rounded for delta state, be it politician, businessman, intellectuals, athletes... you name it, we dey carry first
make i continue from where u stop,,,WILSON ORUMA,,BLESSING OKAGBARE,,,AGOFURE FAMILY,,,AYERI (911),,,OVIE WHISKEY,,emm!!! Emm!!! Emm!!! Ooooh!,,, I dy come
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Lanceslot(m): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2013
Nice job.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Inik(m): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2013
naptu2:

The states I left out are the states that use similar coats of arms (based on the Nigerian coat of arms).

Abia State

Imo State

Enugu State

Sokoto State
[img]http://newsatnine.info/newsoffice/upload/1007_Sokoto_State_Government.jpg[/img]

Akwa Ibom State

Adamawa State

Etc.
Okay, thanks
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:33am On Jun 13, 2013
Oops! I left out a few. I also forgot to include the seal of the president (when I posted the presidential and armed forces flags).

Every state must have a logo, because the logo is the seal that is used as a stamp or letterhead. I'll also post the logos of states that use the nigerian coat of arms as the centrepiece of their logos.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:34am On Jun 13, 2013
Abuja (Federal Capital Territory).
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:36am On Jun 13, 2013
Ebonyi State
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:38am On Jun 13, 2013
Seal of the President
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:41am On Jun 13, 2013
Abia State
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:42am On Jun 13, 2013
Imo State
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2013
Enugu State
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:48am On Jun 13, 2013
Akwa Ibom State

1 Like

Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:49am On Jun 13, 2013
Adamawa State
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 6:50am On Jun 13, 2013
Niger State

Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 8:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
Most of these logos and symbols resemble One Kobo.

Is there any difference, abi na colour?

naptu2: I don't have Niger State's logo, but I have the seal of the governor.

Niger State

Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 8:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: Most of these logos and symbols resemble One Kobo.

Is there any difference, abi na colour?

That's why I excluded them at first, but I realised that it won't be fair to people from those states if I exclude them.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 8:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
The truth is that some States don't have logo.

If I were you, I will simply refer to them as stamps/seals which they are.

Every indigene of Ondo and Osun States can identify with their respective logos while I am likely to face jail term if I was to use my State's own (Abia State).

You got to see that logic.

naptu2:

That's why I excluded them at first, but I realised that it won't be fair to people from those states if I exclude them.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: The truth is that some States don't have logo.

If I were you, I will simply refer to them as stamps/seals which they are.

Every indigene of Ondo and Osun States can identify with their respective logos while I am likely to face jail term if I was to use my State's own (Abia State).

You got to see that logic.

They are actually more than just stamps/seals. It's just that they bear such a close resemblance to the national coat of arms that people hardly realise that they are there. They are often used as logos during things like trade fairs, distribution of free textbooks, they are actually on state governments' websites, sports competitions and track suits, etc. People see them and just assume that it's the national coat of arms, but if you look closely you'll see **** state.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 2:22am On Jun 14, 2013
Next I'm going to post the flags and coat of arms law 1960 (as amended). This version was compiled in 1990. The National Assembly was in the process of amending the law last year, but I don't think they've completed the process.

I hope pyguru doesn't ban me.
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by naptu2: 2:26am On Jun 14, 2013
[size=14pt]Flags And Coat Of Arms Act

Chapter 148

Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990
[/size]

An Act to regulate the display and use of the National Flag, certain other flags and the National Coat of Arms.

1st October, 1960

Short title. 

1. This Act may be cited as the Flags and Coat of Arms Act.

2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires “the National Flag” means the National Flag of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;

"public place" means any highway, wharf, street, bridge and thoroughfare, and includes every place (including any foreshore or any beach or open space belonging to the State) to which the public under ordinary circumstances have the right of legal access, whether with or without payment of any entrance fee or gate money, and also includes all land and land covered with water contiguous to a public place from which an act consti­tuting an offence against this Act would ordinarily be viewable by persons in such public place.

3.             (1) Any person who otherwise than in conformity with the terms of a licence granted by the Minister or under other lawful authority, flies or exhibits in any public place any of the following flags, that is to say-       

(a) the Royal Standard or the personal standard of royalty as Head of the Commonwealth when in Nigeria;

(b) any flag for the time being appointed to be flown by  the President;

(c) any flag appointed to be flown only on ships of the Nigerian Navy, or in connection with establishments of the armed forces of Nigeria or the armed forces of any member State of the Commonwealth;

(d) any flag for the time being appointed to be flown only by a Department, or any branch of a Department, of the -Government of the Federation;

(e) any flag so closely resembling any such flag as aforesaid that it might reasonably be taken to be that flag, shall be guilty of an offence against this Act.

(2) Any person who, except otherwise than in conformity with terms of licence granted by the Minister or under other lawful authority, files or exhibits in any public place- ­

(a) the National Flag; or

(b) the flag of any member State of the Commonwealth, if the flag so flown or exhibited bears thereon any addition or is in any way modified or defaced, shall be guilty of al offence against this Act:

Provided that nothing in this subsection shall be deemed, to restrict the flying of exhibiting of the flag of any State in so far as the National Flag forms part thereof.

4.             (1) Subject to the provisions of this section, if in any public place in Nigeria the National Flag is to be exhibited or flown for any purpose, it shall not be exhibited with or be flown on the same staff or cross bar with the flag of any State, or the flag of any Commonwealth or foreign country; and the National Flag or any other flag when exhibited or flown shall not appear in a defaced or tattered condition; but the National Flag shall not be deemed to be defaced by reason only of the fact that it is embodied in or forms part of a State flag.

(2) Where the flag of any State is flown in the State to which it relates or elsewhere than in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, it shall not be necessary for the National Flag to be flown at the same time; but if the flag of a State and the National Flag are to be flown at the same time in a public place in that State or elsewhere in Nigeria, the National Flag of at least the same size as the State flag shall fly above that of any State flag.

(3) The Minister charged with responsibility for internal affairs may, from time to time, by notice either generally or specially authorise the flying of the flag of any Common­wealth country or of any foreign country in any public place, either alone or at the same time as the National Flag, and upon such terms and conditions as he thinks fit; but for the avoidance of doubt and to give effect to any diplomatic convention, no embassy, high commission, or consulate shall be a public place, and no means of transport when used by members of any embassy, high commission, or consulate shall, for the purposes only of this subsection, be deemed to be operating in a public place.

(4) Nothing in this section shall be construed so as to prohibit the flying by any ship other than a Nigerian ship, of the flag of the country where the ship is registered, or the flying of the National Flag by any ship entering or leaving a port in Nigeria.

5. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Act shall be construed so as to require a licence to exhibit or fly any flag within the meaning of subsection (2) of section (3) of this Act, if the person flying or exhibiting any such flag in a public place is actuated by no other motive than that of patriotism, the proof whereof shall lie upon such person.

6. Any person who, otherwise than in conformity with the terms of a licence granted by the Minister or under other lawful authority, uses or displays­-

(a) in connection with the carrying on of any business, trade, profession or calling; or

(b) in connection with the activities of any body of persons, whether corporate or unincorporate, the National Flag, the National Coat of Arms or the Coat of Arms of royalty as Head of the Commonwealth, or any flag or arms so closely resembling that flag or either of those coat of arms that they might reasonably be taken to be that flag or coat of arms, shall be guilty of an offence against this Act.

7. Any person who flies or exhibits the National Flag in a defaced or bad condition shall be guilty of an offence against this Act.

8. Any police officer may seize and remove any flag in respect of which any offence against this Act has occurred, and may cause any flag so seized and removed to be disposed of in such manner as the Minister may direct.

(1) Licences issued by the Minister under the provi­sions of this Act shall contain such terms and conditions as the Minister may deem fit and may at any time be revoked, amended or altered by the Minister.

(2) All applications for such licences shall be in writing addressed to the Director-General of the Ministry having authority in matters to which this Act relates, and shall contain such information as the Minister may, from time to time, require.

Penalty­ 

10. Any person guilty of an offence against this Act shall be liable to a fine of one hundred naira and in the case of a continuing offence to a fine of ten naira for every day or part of a day during which the offence is continued after the day on which such person is first convicted.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/FlagsAndCoatOfArmsAct.htm
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by Ishilove: 6:20am On Jun 14, 2013
So that woman sellin akara down the street is breaking the law??

She uses the Nigerian flag as a hand mitt whenever she wants to bring the pot down from the fire. undecided
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by OneNaira6: 6:43am On Jun 14, 2013
Ishilove: So that woman sellin akara down the street is breaking the law??

She uses the Nigerian flag as a hand mitt whenever she wants to bring the pot down from the fire. undecided

lmfao
Re: State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria by OneNaira6: 6:45am On Jun 14, 2013
naptu2: Katsina Emirate
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/888855_Katsina20Emirate_png54bc10bfc0f199909a8281c8f28ad9e9[/img]

which kain flag be this? dem no try at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Boko Haram Kidnapped Dapchi Schoolgirls - Residents, School Staff / Fayose Visits Ekiti Assembly, Lawmakers Ask Him To Return Home / PHOTO: Another Man To Trek From Maiduguri To Abuja In Honor Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.