Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (180685 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
@tos8 long live blender
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
here is one of my abandoned project, it remains the house texturing, just want to make it look old and wood rough! lazy me. maybe I will lay my hand on it one of this days.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 6:17am On Sep 30, 2014
I changed my mind, decided to do it, since its nothing much, here is the image, I also added some mists, in the first image and in the second image the mist is almost not noticeable.

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2014
nice work yinksy . u didn't ask for correction hope you won't find mine offensive...1) the river should reflect the sky color 2) the cabin roof seems to possess life in it because of the Green grasses which I think is not cool (dead leaves would be great ) 3)the cabin needs more textures cause i suppose is an old cabin which you have tried achieving.
you can as well add a tree beside or close to the cabin.
I love the passion. well done mate.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 11:42am On Sep 30, 2014
Tos87: nice work yinksy . u didn't ask for correction hope you won't find mine offensive...1) the river should reflect the sky color 2) the cabin roof seems to possess life in it because of the Green grasses which I think is not cool (dead leaves would be great ) 3)the cabin needs more textures cause i suppose is an old cabin which you have tried achieving.
you can as well add a tree beside or close to the cabin.
I love the passion. well done mate.

wow! thanks boss! I will do that right away, don't mind me though, just lazy me, I have to get rid of that attitude, BTW corrections are always welcomed...its all about improvement...thanks once again.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yinksey:

wow! thanks boss! I will do that right away, don't mind me though, just lazy me, I have to get rid of that attitude, BTW corrections are always welcomed...its all about improvement...thanks once again.
You well come.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Tos87:
For this, you haven't scratched off cycles surface yet. Of course you can use image as texture in cycles. If you are in Lagos..we can arrange for lots of tuts from my blender tut Lib. .
really grateful for your offer bt I'm based in Bayelsa

Yinksey:
cycles does support it too, you will use emission shader.
will check it out later
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yinksey: I changed my mind, decided to do it, since its nothing much, here is the image, I also added some mists, in the first image and in the second image the mist is almost not noticeable.

some ferns can grow on dead wood.....Yinskey, i think i like the idea of grass growing on the cabin's roof......the canoe could do with some grim..
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
kazuna:

some ferns can grow on dead wood.....Yinskey, i think i like the idea of grass growing on the cabin's roof......the canoe could do with some grim..

yeah thanks, I made the grass slightly yellow, that means it lack some nutrients, I will post the updated image here.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 3:15am On Oct 01, 2014
Here is the final rendition, I think I will stop here!, I enjoyed the stuff, the process was really gainful. more review are still welcome

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jeffriano: 4:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Yinksey: Here is the final rendition, I think I will stop here!, I enjoyed the stuff, the process was really gainful. more review are still welcome
I just dey feel that cabin, you go yarn me how you take do the wood part later, bt now I need to get that tree add-on.... could you plz post the link to it
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 01, 2014
Yinksey: Here is the final rendition, I think I will stop here!, I enjoyed the stuff, the process was really gainful. more review are still welcome
I just dey feel that cabin, you go yarn me how you take do the wood part later, bt now I need to get that tree add-on.... could you plz post the link to it

BTW, that emission thing worked, seems say cycles no wan carry last
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 6:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Preboy:

BTW, that emission thing worked, seems say cycles no wan carry last

click on file > user preferences > add on > look for sapling or type it in the search box, then just enable it by checking on the checkbox in front..

then to use it, it is. usually under curve, shift + A > Curve > Add tree then play with the parameters.

Note: make sure your tree is low poly or else it will slow down your scene.

Tips: I recommended rectangular leaves.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 01, 2014
Yinksey:

click on file > user preferences > add on > look for sapling or type it in the search box, then just enable it by checking on the checkbox in front..

then to use it, it is. usually under curve, shift + A > Curve > Add tree then play with the parameters.

Note: make sure your tree is low poly or else it will slow down your scene.

Tips: I recommended rectangular leaves.
thanks bro
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by CODEEATER(m): 8:57am On Oct 01, 2014
any body plan to go into vfx or game dev?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 11:26am On Oct 01, 2014
Wazzap guys. u guys are really doing some great work, keep it up.
oh and you guys just dey intimidate me with cycles oh Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Lol.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2014
Shimish: Wazzap guys. u guys are really doing some great work, keep it up.

boss! you are still the oga at the top, how far with your movie, can't wait!!!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
CODEEATER: any body plan to go into vfx or game dev?

I'm already into game dev smiley and blender is my asset creation software

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
CODEEATER: any body plan to go into vfx or game dev?
vfx... Working on green screen and camera mapping and tracking. Learning with my blender3D
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Shimish: Wazzap guys. u guys are really doing some great work, keep it up.
even oga at the top no dey use cycles.... at least I am not the only one
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 03, 2014
my first scene with CYCLES!!!!

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 10:27am On Oct 03, 2014
Preboy: my first scene with CYCLES!!!!
Good beginning.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
hmmmm....am enjoyning all these!!....me love cartoon die eh!....abi e get person wey like cartoon pass me?

I am a talented die hard fan of cartoon drawings and animation, and i have searched the web for softwares to start short animated clips...i downloaded MUVIZU, it was nice and fast, but what i don't like about it is the CPU consumption, and again, i can't create ma own characters in it, only edit their preset characters...

Now, fast forward to blender, i wanted to download it, but then it wasn't free...(i like free things o!hahaha)
i just downloaded blender today and am planning to make great short colourful cartoons out of it...(not making games for now)but the funiest thing be say i be COMPLETE BEGINNER!..i know that to make a movie, you need to create characters and objects, animate them, then render your sweet work!...
Now, please i need you guys to help me with what I NEED AS A BEGINNER to start my career in blender...(video or pdf tutorials), i won't rush, i will just take ma time to learn every piece of it....thank you all...

(No vex say i write too much o! Na too much tom & jerry dey affect my brain now..lol)
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
kenkwodoski:
(No vex say i write too much o! Na too much tom & jerry dey affect my brain now..lol)

Hahahahah... Bro I understand your condition.

For your requests don't forget that google is your friend, and by google I mean all of google which includes Youtube. For beginners I will say go for "Blender Basics" it is an ebook and it will help get your engine started. Welcom to the family and don't ever assume that you are more crazy about cartoons than some of us here :
grin
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 04, 2014
BlueMagnificent:

Hahahahah... Bro I understand your condition.

For your requests don't forget that google is your friend, and by google I mean all of google which includes Youtube. For beginners I will say go for "Blender Basics" it is an ebook and it will help get your engine started. Welcom to the family and don't ever assume that you are more crazy about cartoons than some of us here :
grin

thanks magnificent...i will googe 'blender basics' asap!...
ok o! Let me not assume, but (for my mind) na so i dey feel oh!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Jazzcelestin: 8:49am On Oct 04, 2014
did yhis

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2014
Instead of doing something useful with a little time I got, I instead spent it experimenting on Sub surface Scattering undecided
grin grin grin

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
@blueMag nice on,

after watching David ward tutorial series part 5, I recreated the little puppy, it is not perfect. but I learnt a lot of cool stuff.

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
Observation 1. The upper eyelid seems to be passing through the eyeball
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
ladanski:
Observation 1. The upper eyelid seems to be passing through the eyeball

I never noticed that, will adjust it, thanks.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 2:25am On Oct 06, 2014
sleep no dey come! this took me roughly 2hrs.what do you think guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.