Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each (7110 Views)

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance / Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by dee02(m): 6:28pm On May 11, 2008
Poor Nigerians drink watery akamu for breakfast

locusts and palm kernels for snacks

ground-nut and pkoff pkoff for lunch

Cocoyam and raw palm oil for dinner before finally washing it down with PURE WATER

And our so-called leaders are wallowing in milk and honey

MAY SATAN RAIN HELL FIRE ON ANYBODY DESTROYING NIGERIA and that includes everyone in High positions who have continually failed us while being greedy and selfish

Amadioha send thunder to strike our stupid leaders (past and present) down one by one including OBASANJO AND AKALA!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by OsunAmazon: 6:45pm On May 11, 2008
Amadioha send thunder to strike our stupid leaders (past and present) down one by one including OBASANJO AND AKALA!
Wetin Akala do again? Is he the Adedibu you should be cursing? Again, Obasanjo cleaned up Nigeria a bit abeg. Nigeria was worse than when he became president, the recent economic growth being witnessed in todays Nigeria is the handwork of Obasanjo.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Kemjisuper(m): 7:42pm On May 11, 2008
Sigh! And I thought Nigeria was somehow moving forward with the EFCC scare and all! embarassed
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by omerese(m): 2:49am On May 12, 2008
please! its true we are all disgusted at this blatant diregard of the people by the so called leaders, but is it not possible for us to stop this trend legally? is there no way we can get an injunction?legal guys what can we do apart from venting?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Debsolat(f): 8:40am On May 12, 2008
You won't believe it if i tell you that one of the lawmakers(Oyo State) has 4 houses in UK, and is a wanted person in UK for a crime and still comes in regularly to UK and spending nigerians' money.  Can give you a link to the news.

All these people are worse than normal armed robbers
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 9:06am On May 12, 2008
its all crazy the way Oyo state is been runned as it its a personal business or something, Akala should wake up and realize what he is about to put his hands into, now that Adedibu is back and they are thinking of a replacement fot him due to his failing health; peeps like Gbolaruhmi, Akala himself and Kamoru his son, check this guys profile and what they have contributed to OYO virtually nothing, we have a legislature that has not done anything, a governor that his not thinking and they want to step into the shoes of a man that has contributed nothing and has almost runied my state?its crazy honestly
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Raimond(m): 9:11am On May 12, 2008
N20Million is not something we should shout about.Oyo State to my knowledge does not get so much in terms of allocation,so that is small compared to the waste that is going on in the so-called oil-rich South-south states.The lawmakers in these states receive inducements in  excess of N50 million.It is beleived that the average Local Govt. Chairman in the South-South, has nothing less than N200 million in their accounts.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 9:34am On May 12, 2008
Raimond:

N20Million is not something we should shout about.Oyo State to my knowledge does not get so much in terms of allocation,so that is small compared to the waste that is going on in the so-called oil-rich South-south states.
and thats a reason why it should be allocated because N20 million is not something we should shout about?tell me bro why then does the police grin with smiles and happiness when they burst a robber that stole N1million?why not let him go since other robbers steal as much as N50million?thats no reason men no matter how freaking small it is even if its 10k the question is based on what reason is it being given?, what legal backing has he to carry that out, i dnt care if Oyo state recieves the smallest amount in the whole world(which of course they don't because am  from there). by the way if the amount is that small as u claim how come he can still give as much as N20m to each?do u have an idea of how many legislators they are in Oyo state Assembly and how much that comes to?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Raimond(m): 10:39am On May 12, 2008
The rot is everywhere, from Oyo to Adamawa, from Calabar to Sokoto.The present crop of Governors have learnt the `kiss the son lest he be angry` principle.Settle the lawmakers and save your ass.
The plight of the common man has never been the problem of these politicians,as a matter of fact it`s the least of their worries.
In my own state the slogan from my govenor is `more talk less work`.Go to the car park of our house of Assembly when they are in session, you will think, you are attending a moto show.The govenor has already changed their fleet twice under one year.He first started by giving them the latest Honda CRVs across board, just recently he gave all of them 2008 Toyota Corolla and Avensis for the principal officers, not to talk of the wonder on wheels some of them have acquired with their Ghana-Must-Go Largesse.With all these, nobody seems to be asking questions.
I wonder what EFCC and ICPC are doing?!!!

God Help this nation.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 11:15am On May 12, 2008
AMEN o my bro, i wonder what they are doing,come to Abj and see fleets of cars that are being used as excorts, no one is rulling out giving them a comfortable life, but not at the expense of the masses, when they get to comfortable their brain freezes, they need to constantly be on their toes to undastand the plights of peeps. NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT WAKE UP COS URE SLEEPING
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by dee02(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Wetin Akala do again? Is he the Adedibu you should be cursing? Again, Obasanjo cleaned up Nigeria a bit abeg. Nigeria was worse than when he became president, the recent economic growth being witnessed in todays Nigeria is the handwork of Obasanjo.

Are you AKALA in disguise or are you OBASANJO(wey e no ge better for)?! grin
I repeat to HIM AND ADEDIBU, thunder fire them one by one!!

Did u mean Obasanjo cleaned-out nigeria rather than clean-up? i think he cleaned out nigeria mate

Looks like someone benefitted from the corruption wave sweeping through Nigeria!

I rest my case
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by JJay1(m): 2:16pm On May 12, 2008
Apart fromthe late Bola Ige, Oyo State has been cursed with myopic, un-progressive, numskulls and nonentities as governors. I visited naija a few days ago and spent a night in Ibadan, it was just terrible. No sign of any meaningful development compared to the time I left in 2002. I know Lagos might not be Canaan but I still saw that it has really changed and improved within the same timeframe.

Ibadan still has the VERY SAME potholes that wrecked the shock absorbers of my car in 2001!!!!

As long as scoundrels are elected into the govt house and the house of assembly, we will never record any meaningful growth.

Isnt it ridiculous that Oyo State has a skin-bleacher for a governor? for Bleep's sake
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 2:30pm On May 12, 2008
JJay1:

As long as scoundrels are elected into the govt house and the house of assembly, we will never record any meaningful growth.
Isnt it ridiculous that Oyo State has a skin-bleacher for a governor? for Bleep's sake
and a skin-bleached alaafin as well.only in Nigeria would a person facing murder charge be elected as a senator. arrant nonsense, scoundrels and scoundrels thats what most of them are.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by olamide5: 3:53pm On May 12, 2008
i tell you citizen of this great nation i know we wont continue with this government of chop make i chop that is now in town with all this PDP southwest Governors has turn their lawmakers to the errand boiz i can blame the lawmakers when more than half of them has seen 1 million in their life i tell you with this electoral reform very soon 9ja will be a grate nation
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Eziachi: 5:00pm On May 12, 2008
How many times have I said it over many issues that we should try separation and see how it pans out. Many will jump up now and disagree but it still remain the only solution we haven't tried or tested till date. You do not expect to solve a problem the same way and end up with a different result.

Nigeria has decayed beyond repair and they more they kept patching it up, hoping for miracle to happen, the more they are postponing the the d-day. There is a time that you no longer see how much a house cost to build when you knew that the structure is no longer repairable, and you need to pull it down and start again.

I know some will say now that all tribes in Nigeria has criminal, very true but let each group go home and manage their own individual criminals the best way they can. Let up stop this madness of collective failure. If one group happens to be successful after separation, it's better than nothing. Better than not trying at all. You can never find the answer to a question until effort is made in answering it. Those hoping that things will change are wasting their time, when the same crooks are already planting their children and grand children where they left off.

Let us peacefully separate and then watch who will do better than the other, who will be the worst. This is life and no one likes to be the least performing or the laughing stock. People will now sit up and do something if others are doing better. Government will now be rearer to home and accountable to people and not from far away Abuja. Tax will now mean something to ordinary people and not the monthly christmas cake sharing from oil.

Because of oil and less tax, many Nigerians often forget their money being share by this crooks belongs to them. If an average family is to pay hefty tax annully with a great deal of difficulty, he will not sit quite watching his ruler driving about in SUV bought with his tax money.

Let's put sentiment apart, let us say our goodbyes and separate peacefully, you may disagree with me but it's the bitter truth and the only untried solution yet.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 5:20pm On May 12, 2008
i feel ur point bro it does make sense but bro, nigeria has gotten to a stage where we cannot separate, the best we can do is correct all the ills ,taking each one-by-one. but the idea of 9ja separating can and would never work at the present era, too many people have to many investments scattered around the country to allow such to occur, hasua business men that have investments in large quantity in yoruba states are to do what?pull down and transfer or leave it to be runned by a yoruba or let go?
it cannot happen again, any attempt to bring 9ja to a stage where we would separate would only lead 9ja to another round of serious economic depression(speaking as an economists)nigeria cannot bear anoda 1 minute of civil war,
so our best options are look for the looters as J.Rawlings did and kill them,or probe them or just try correcting the ills or something .but about separation 4get it bro it wont work.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by ono(m): 8:49pm On May 12, 2008
Senator,
That na becos free oil money dey flow reach ya hand for Abuja. Wait make them blow up all the oil pipelines first, and then we go back to cocoa and groundnut pyramid days, then the true test of this fragile union will be brought to lime light.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by ihubabe: 1:56am On May 13, 2008
in response to Jamco45, u may be trying to come up with ideas, but the problem is not the money, it is the character of those in office. no matter how much u pay them they will spend more and steal more, it is an issue of the heart and your desire for the people u serve. all of this we are complaining about will continue until a move of God happens. The problem with Nigeria is greed which leads to the corruption and mayhem which we observe in Nigeria. But really WHAT can we possisbly do. What will it take, we are so busy complaining and compalaining, but we desperately need a solution. It is high time we do SOMETHING! My vision is to find a way to contribute something to the country, if it is small I dont mind as long as i do something, It is time for ACTION. The talking is to much and we have gotten nowhere by simply discussing and getting angry.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 8:44am On May 13, 2008
ono:

Senator,
That na because free oil money dey flow reach ya hand for Abuja. Wait make them blow up all the oil pipelines first, and then we go back to cocoa and groundnut pyramid days, then the true test of this fragile union will be brought to lime light.
my bro no oil money dey flow reach my hand.if we go back to cocoa and groundnut days its all good, because we would still make money from there so.my point is that each tribe separating cannot in anyway solve our problems.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by grandjedi(m): 3:21pm On May 13, 2008
Our problems in Nigeria are complex. Several mentalities can be seen nationwide :
1) IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM.
Most of us complain about corruption when that is the only thing we can do.Of course
this alone never changes anything.

But then, put the average Nigerian in a position of authority (meaning he can steal if
he so chooses) and then we begin to mess up. Many of these same geezers we're
talking about were in our position once. Now they have joined THEM and their
loyalties have changed, I wonder how many of us would do exactly the same
thing if put in the same situation.

2) IF YOU CAN NEITHER BEAT THEM NOR JOIN THEM, BERATE THEM.
As stated earlier this is where most of us are. If things could change by yabbing corrupt
politicians on N/land and other places, then Nigeria would be a paradise.
Another problem is "SOCIETAL EXPECTATIONS". If you were appointed to any "juicy"
office today, your relations and friends would naturally expect you to be big enough to
spread some dough around. They do not seem to care whether it is legal or not. grin grin
Most peeps do oblige, of course they"ld have stuffed their own pockets first.

Both the wolf killing the sheep and the vulture picking the remains are guilty. However,
so is the neighbor's dog who did not take action. It is only a concerted effort by all to
abstain from and expose corruption that can make a difference.

, may the force be with y"all.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 5:24pm On May 13, 2008
grand jedi:

Both the wolf killing the sheep and the vulture picking the remains are guilty. However,
so is the neighbor's dog who did not take action. It is only a concerted effort by all to
abstain from and expose corruption that can make a difference.
really like this piece
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 13, 2008
undecided
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by KnowAll(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2008
If I was a state govenor, all graduates in my state will be registered and an a stipen of N25,000.00 will be given to them monthly untill they get a job, surely that is a better way of spending N20 million.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Nobody: 10:12am On May 14, 2008
Constituency Allowance is a fund given to Representatives to embark on community development projects in their community, eg, Siting Boreholes, Furnshimg Schools and Awarding Schoolarships. Some Lawmakers make good use of this and some squander it. The power of Questioning this allowance lies in the hands of the constituents themselves. If my Representative is being given N20 Million for Constituency allowance and he does not make judicious use of it, it is my duty to query him to render his account of service, not just to stay on Nairaland and criticise.
My Representative in the National Assembly offers Schoolarship to 40 Undergraduates and 10 postgraduate students. Nigerians get englightened abou your role as citizens, if you dont play your role by making your rep accountable, dont come here and display ignorance.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Jamco45: 12:27pm On May 14, 2008
aisha2:

Constituency Allowance is a fund given to Representatives to embark on community development projects in their community, eg, Siting Boreholes, Furnshimg Schools and Awarding Schoolarships. Some Lawmakers make good use of this and some squander it. The power of Questioning this allowance lies in the hands of the constituents themselves. If my Representative is being given N20 Million for Constituency allowance and he does not make judicious use of it, it is my duty to query him to render his account of service, not just to stay on Nairaland and criticise.
My Representative in the National Assembly offers Schoolarship to 40 Undergraduates and 10 postgraduate students. Nigerians get englightened abou your role as citizens, if you don't play your role by making your rep accountable, don't come here and display ignorance.

Thanks for the info, it makes sense.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by KnowAll(m): 12:48pm On May 14, 2008
Aisha:"My Representative in the National Assembly offers Schoolarship to 40 Undergraduates and 10 postgraduate students. Nigerians get englightened abou your role as citizens, if you don't play your role by making your rep accountable, don't come here and display ignorance. "

would your reps employ all this people that he/she is sponsoring when they graduate, we all know that graduates are 10 a penny, in nigeria, for a country to grow they must absorb their graduates not just producing more graduates without any plan B of finding employment for them. I have so many freinds in Nigeria graduates no job it is deplorable, you will see grown up men & women begging you for a few dough it is a national disgrace. I still insist this kind of fund should be use to support our graduates.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SkyBlue1: 1:07pm On May 14, 2008
@KnowAll, the problem is even deeper than that. There are graduates everywhere and you don't even know the real worth of their degrees given the deplorable state of the education sector. You are getting situations equivalent to graduate surgeons who have never operated before, engineers eith only text book knowledge, etc. The education sector is a serious emergency. Money has to be invested into that sector badly in the first place. So that when graduates are employed they won't have to be sent on training for the most basic of things.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by 4Him1(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2008
aisha2:

My Representative in the National Assembly offers Schoolarship to 40 Undergraduates and 10 postgraduate students. Nigerians get englightened abou your role as citizens, if you don't play your role by making your rep accountable, don't come here and display ignorance.

Its sounds so good but the truth is how many "representatives" are really there for the people? We have politicians installed by political godfathers who then believe they dont owe the people anything.

Your rep offers scholarships bla bla bla, that is bull. Reps in advanced countries dont waste money for what amounts to political grandstanding, they ensure that the appropriate government agencies are capable of extending AID to students in genuine need.
It is not enough to be seen to award pittances in the name of scholarships, where are the jobs for these graduates after school?
What is the quality of the education they are getting?

Nigerians are masters of deciet.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 14, 2008
Hk
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Eziachi: 6:07pm On May 14, 2008
SENATOR JD:

i feel your point bro it does make sense but bro, nigeria has gotten to a stage where we cannot separate, the best we can do is correct all the ills ,taking each one-by-one. but the idea of Nigeria separating can and would never work at the present era, too many people have to many investments scattered around the country to allow such to occur, hasua business men that have investments in large quantity in yoruba states are to do what?pull down and transfer or leave it to be runned by a yoruba or let go?
it cannot happen again, any attempt to bring Nigeria to a stage where we would separate would only lead Nigeria to another round of serious economic depression(speaking as an economists)nigeria cannot bear another 1 minute of civil war,
so our best options are look for the looters as J.Rawlings did and kill them,or probe them or just try correcting the ills or something .but about separation forget it bro it wont work.

You see that is my point about those against separation, you don't stay in an unworkable union or marraige because of investments or Naira and kobo. It's like those married couple that stayed in a lovelss marriage because of the children, only to end up killing one another. The argument of investment as the basis to stay together is very flawed. What about our investments in Ghana, Togo, Benin or Cameroon, even when we are not nationals of those nations. How much of invesment has Nigerians got in the U.K or U.S.A?

Are you saying people can't invest outside their own countries? If that is the case why invite foreigners to come and invest in Nigeria when they are not Nigerians? Separation or fear of separation is our biggest problem. We often talk as if separation is a new phrase in the world, as if it hasn't happen anywhere before and with a successful outcome too. Forget about the obvious separation of the all Soviets republics, what about India and Pakistan? Pakistan and Sri Lanka? Czech and Slovakia? or UAE and Saudi Arabia?

We should forget about this fear which are always a weapon used effectively by the same rogue elements to keep Nigeria as one for the purpose of protecting their livilhood, which separation will totally destroy in a twinkle of an eye because they will now have to come home and live with their people and not from Abuja. They only come home during elections with truck load of armed police and army to protect themselves and rig themselves back to Abuja again.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by KnowAll(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2008
The fact of the matter is we are one and we must learn to live together,

AKALA, ALAS, DARIYE,ODILI,IGBENIDEON, and that gov from Jigawa forgotting his name now, WHAT has all these guys have in common they are crooks, they are from the 4 corners of our nation. Even if we have a country called Oduduwa, the elites in that new country will be the same elites that are ruling their respective states and looting the treasury. so gentlemen breaking up is not an option. Look at somalia they are all somalians speaking one language yet it is the most disatrous state in Africa today. Lets deal with the ills of society as we are and stop looking for a scape goat blaming everything on the union.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Nobody: 9:18am On May 15, 2008
4Him, There is no need arguing with your arm chair philosophy. we sit on NAiraland all day and compklian, how many of you know your reps or have even written them to ask about what they are doing. If you dont do that ho will you keep them in check. Till you do that then you dont have the moral right to critize them because just like them you are doing nothing, If you send them letters or you make a single attempt to get to yoour rep and they dont reply you its a different matter. we as citizens are also part of Government constitutionally you have a role to play, Make your rep accountable to you or initiate recall if not SHUT THE HALL UP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba Is Labour Party's Anambra Governorship Candidate / Pastor Oyakhilome’s Wedding Picture Released As Lawyers Say No Reconciliation / Meet President Buhari's Personal Photographer, Bayo Omoboriowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.