Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each (7111 Views)

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance / Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SkyBlue1: 10:21am On May 15, 2008
aisha2:

4Him, There is no need arguing with your arm chair philosophy. we sit on NAiraland all day and compklian, how many of you know your reps or have even written them to ask about what they are doing. If you don't do that ho will you keep them in check. Till you do that then you don't have the moral right to critize them because just like them you are doing nothing, If you send them letters or you make a single attempt to get to yoour rep and they don't reply you its a different matter. we as citizens are also part of Government constitutionally you have a role to play, Make your rep accountable to you or initiate recall if not SHUT THE HALL UP

I wholeheartedly agree that we need to begin to do our own job as citizens too. And as i have said before, if everyone on nairaland were to engage with people in power, from your local government chairman, to the rep from your state, to anybody basically you know in power and enquire as to their vision and what they are doing in their respective sectors etc then that is actually doing something. People always feel helpless as to what we can each do instead of just coming on Nairaland everyday and get dissappointed by yet another Nigerian news story. I for one am going to make the effort to contact my rep and local government chairman. The info is not had to come by. Just go to the website of the Nigerian house of reps and get their info. We really need to engage with each other as a nation and this is a start. Does anybody here work in media please? I mean is it not about time we got some kind off show on the Nigerian airwaves were politicians are dragged on and quized as to what they are doing? Not these "yes sir, thank you sir" shows. Time to play our roles as citizens and also get more involved in our nation building.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by woommy(m): 1:30pm On May 16, 2008
guys dont be dat annoyed in ur comments,it seem u ave 4gotten dat these pple spent so much to get to dat sit and d prayer of every businessman is to make profit,so we dont ave any say or are u d one dat voted for d current honourable in ur constituency? d pple voted for did not eventually got there.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Eziachi: 6:07pm On May 16, 2008
KnowAll:

The fact of the matter is we are one and we must learn to live together,

AKALA, ALAS, DARIYE,ODILI,IGBENIDEON, and that gov from Jigawa forgotting his name now, WHAT has all these guys have in common they are crooks, they are from the 4 corners of our nation. Even if we have a country called Oduduwa, the elites in that new country will be the same elites that are ruling their respective states and looting the treasury. so gentlemen breaking up is not an option. Look at somalia they are all somalians speaking one language yet it is the most disatrous state in Africa today. Lets deal with the ills of society as we are and stop looking for a scape goat blaming everything on the union.

No we are not!! Speak for yourself. We are one in crude oil booty we sharing, minus that, that is where the oneness ends. My village is closer to South West Cameroon than yours but they can't claim that we are one.
Thanks for the Somalia example, at least the Somalians are not claiming to be one with Ethiopian.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Sagamite(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2008
Eziachi,

Do you know what happened when India and Pakistan separated? Was it a peaceful one? Do you know the millions that were killed? Or you don't know why they are still national enemies till today?

With development not distributed in Nigeria (it is centralised in Lagos and a large part of SW, Abuja and PH), multiple ethnicity in each region (e.g. who tells you the Ibiobio/Efik would want a country dominated by Ibos) and a strong religious identity divide, I see Nigeria separation as a recipe for large scale death.

I personally don't mind separation but I am more interested in dealing with the looters by using legislation. China did it by killing all corrupt officials.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Seun(m): 10:40am On May 17, 2008
China did it by killing all corrupt officials.
Oh shut up. Using murder to solve theft? A murderer is worse than a looter.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SkyBlue1: 10:42am On May 17, 2008
@Sagamite, development in Port Harcourt? Since when?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Sagamite(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2008
aisha2:

4Him, There is no need arguing with your arm chair philosophy. we sit on NAiraland all day and compklian, how many of you know your reps or have even written them to ask about what they are doing. If you don't do that ho will you keep them in check. Till you do that then you don't have the moral right to critize them because just like them you are doing nothing, If you send them letters or you make a single attempt to get to yoour rep and they don't reply you its a different matter. we as citizens are also part of Government constitutionally you have a role to play, Make your rep accountable to you or initiate recall if not SHUT THE HALL UP

Aisha2,

What lulu world do you reside in  grin.

You are going to write a citizen letter to an Adedibu-backed Baba Sala thinking legislator who most likely can not read and write. And you expect it to benefit in what way?

Look, I live in the UK, that stuff can happen here but in Nigeria? Where do you live? Dreamland?

So what would you do if your letter is ignored? You will write another one? Or you will pay the rep a visit?

I am almost confident that doing the latter might result in medical expenses after his thugs tell you what they think.

Unfortunately with the way things work in Nigeria (lack of care by the government especially in enforcing the rules or providing justice), the only way to force change or stop this wanton legalised looting is for the masses to gather together and pay the House of Assembly a riotious visit every single day till they rescind their decision.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SkyBlue1: 10:49am On May 17, 2008
@Sagamite, so you have tried and it did not happen, or you just don't feel like trying in the first place?
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Sagamite(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2008
Seun,

Cut the pink, liberal, pious, goody two shoes crap.

"Murder is the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice."

Punishment is lawful and different from murder despite what you salvation church might tell you.

If you don't want the punishment then don't commit the crime.

You will be  more justified to call looting of public funds murder if you considered the volumes of Nigerias that die of malnutrition, road accidents, suicide from frustration, poor health, armed robbery, fake drugs etc that the stolen public funds is supposed to be used for or monitor.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Sagamite(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2008
Sky Blue:

@Sagamite, development in Port Harcourt? Since when?

My impression is that it is Nigeria's third city which has a high concentration of foreigners.

Sky Blue:

@Sagamite, so you have tried and it did not happen, or you just don't feel like trying in the first place?

As I said, I live in the UK.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SkyBlue1: 11:02am On May 17, 2008
@Sagamite, port harcourt has practically seen little to no meaningful development in the 8 to 9 years, just a lot of very bad governance. Don't take my word for it, call anyone who lives there and ask them for yourself. Ask them what meaningful development they have seen?
You don't have to live in Nigeria to be able to contact your rep.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Sagamite(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2008
Jamco45,

Don't get it twisted, the Nigerian president does not make N3m a year.

I did a personal analysis of this about 3 months ago. With all the allowances (EXCLUDING ALL LOANS AND ONE-OFF PAYMENTS), Nigeria's president makes circa £145,000 a year (about N34m). In his final year, he makes close to £185,000.

The data is on my laptop which I have sent for repairs. When I get it back, I will post for you to see how much governors, ministers, senators, HOSs earn.

They are milking it.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by klas(m): 10:42pm On May 18, 2008
Seun:

Oh shut up. Using murder to solve theft? A murderer is worse than a looter.

Criminals are not murdered, they are executed.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by AkoEja: 11:11pm On May 21, 2008
These governors did not actually win the election, but they forced themselves in anyway. same thing is happening in Osun state with governor Olagunsole Oyinlola distributing N150 million naira to 26 law breakers
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Sagamite(m): 1:55pm On May 22, 2008
As promised, these are the figures which includes all cash allowances.

PS: I used the conversion rate of £1 to N235 and these are per year pay.

President:                                 £140,641.39
Vice President:                          £123,063.58

Senate President:                     £97,719.15
Deputy Senate President:         £79,129.79
Average Senator:                      £68,510.64 (might be more for those that chair commitees)

Speaker of House:                    £69,123.40
Deputy Speaker of House:        £64,385.11
Average House Member:          £55,465.96 (might be more for those that chair commitees)

Governor:                                £88,939.68
Deputy Governor:                     £85,120.56

Chief Justice:                            £99,370.36

Minister:                                   at least £34,967.06 (I have no figures of most of their allowances but the ones I have shows this as minimum)
Minister of State:                     at least £32,483.18 (I have no figures of most of their allowances but the ones I have shows this as minimum)
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Sagamite(m): 2:03pm On May 22, 2008
So, if Iyabo Obasanjo is earning at least £68,000 per year in Nigeria (not in US or UK and excluding all estacodes she gets when she travels abroad) for doing nothing. Since their is no metrics to measure the lawmakers' performance.

And she still feels the need to steal money meant to cater for the health of those that live on less than 20p per day that are already dying in their thousands then I think the death sentence should not be out of the question.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by muyiserra1(m): 6:17pm On May 23, 2008
These guys are blood thieves and fool, somebody will be paid 20million naire and another person will receive 15.000 naire monthly, can you imagine the difference, if we continue like these, Nigeria can never be develop period!!

They should remember that they are there to serve and not to be served. Cows
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On May 23, 2008
OZA NO BUA EEE ,  These people dey naija dey make this much for doing practically nothing each day? CHAI~!!!! shocked Maybe I need to go become a politician in Nigeria ooo!!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by dee02(m): 9:44pm On May 23, 2008
Thieving and waste of public funds on the highest order

Those idiots who have no fucking clue of the laws but they still get this much money

Majority of them have no business there in the first place because they have no credentials

If each one of this so-called lawmakers have conscience, they would reject the money

The average worker would work a lifetime day and night to save 20MILLION NAIRA

At times i wonder if this idiots know what it takes to Govern or to lead?

Because for them, it is all about distributing money to various IOU's and looting for personal gains!

AKALA and the likes of him wasting money that should be better spent on suffering citizens would never know peace

Lawmakers who greedily accept this money with big ugly grins would never know peace if they fail to acknowledge the sufferings of a common man

And the same goes to every other state who treasury is continually looted whilst its indigenes suffer in abject penury!!!!

LAPDOGS CALLING THEMSELVES LAWMAKERS
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Rlst84sale(m): 10:05am On May 24, 2008
Guys please don't forget the 5% value added tax, I guess that's Adedibu's commissions or transaction fee, lol. What a shame!.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by deols(f): 12:40am On May 26, 2008
That oyo state governor is dishing out money, cars,etc is no surprise.have you forgotten how he got into power? He's got to pay his supporters somehow and you know He needs them,especially the Molete warlord who's already thinning out for an assured second term.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by olufunmibi(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2008
why are you guys so disturbed about constituency allowances?that is obviously their own birthright! it is amala politics, it doesn't work out by the principle of common sense like you guys are imagining.moderation is grossly inappropriate in that game. you have to be daft,  animalistic,infact,you have to render your brain redundant and start thinking with your intestines and anus to play the game. and even,who are you? who is your father? your father is or was a dedicated and honest civil servant who has respect for a phenomenon called humanity and worked with the code of responsibility all his working life. if this describes you, you can never understand oyo state politics. you are not in a position to understand .God save us from this "pacesetting" woes!
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2008
@all sorry this is off thread but has anybody seen this?find it hard to swallow, wahala dey o shocked

Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2008
part 2

Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by dee02(m): 10:37am On May 28, 2008
SENATOR JD:

part 2

KAI IBORI DON HAMMER!!! tongue
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Sagamite(m): 1:58pm On May 29, 2008
Senator JD,

Give us some background story to the picture.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by SENATORJD(m): 1:02pm On May 30, 2008
@sagamite dnt really have a background to it, it was sent to my box by a friend of mine, guess it was a discovery of EFCC agents or so thats why i posted it here maybe some1 else might have seen it and would have enough story about it, was difficult for me to swallow, though i know we have some heartless,useless and wicked leaders.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Sagamite(m): 9:04am On May 31, 2008
Ok, chief! Thanks anyway.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by oyebodeba: 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2008
WHAT A WASTE IN OUR DEAR OYO AND NIGERIA IN GENERAL.
IT IS VERY ,VERY GLARING WHEN LEGISLATIVE ARM AND EXECUTIVE ARM IS TOTALLY AND UNANIMOUSLY AGREED TO DO SUCH A THING INFACT ARMED ROBBERS ARE MANY IN THEIR MIDST.A SITUATION WHERE BY EXECUTIVE ARE THE ONE DICTACTING FOR LEGISLATIVE ARM DEFINITLY THEY AV USELESS THEMSELVE INFACT IF THE ISSUE OF TRAVELLING IS NOT THERE FINE AND THE MONEY IS SPENDING JUDICIOUSLY I CAN SAY IT IS LOVELY because GOVERNOR CANT DO ALL BUT IS IT ANY CHECK AND BALLANCE 4 DIS SO CALL CONSTITUENCY ALLOWANCE?NO,IT IS TAKE HOME because THEY AV COLLECTED HALF OF IT AND NO SHOW 4 IT.OUR ROAD IN OYO IS THE MOST WORSIEST ROAD SO FAR,OUR ELECTRICITY ALSO JOIN D RACE OF WOWORITY,ETC.AM ROBBER LEAD AND U ARE EXPECTING GUDNESS FROM HIM NOTHING GUD WILL COM FROM SATAN.
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Lorek: 4:31am On Jun 11, 2008
what a wast, keep this in mind when you pay your taxes,
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by bilymuse: 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2008
they deserve it, its their share of the national cake
Re: Oyo Lawmakers To Receive N20m Each by Echemical(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
I am very glad that I was born a Nigerian. What is happening (to me) is melodramatic. Hum!!!!!!!!

However, let us leave them alone. "The fool is accumulating wealth not knowing who will spend them" is what the Bible says.

If only they could follow the path of Andrew Carnegie, the better for them.

Carnegie died at 84 with his demise truly painful. yet, his works leave after him.

Let our politicians change their greedy and corrupt nature. They should not forget how Abacha ended.

A wise man should learn from others. It is only a fool that will learn from personal experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New 5 Star Hotel For City Of Owerri / Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!fleeing Boko Haram Calls For Ceasefire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.