Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage (1246 Views)

My Besty Gives Me Attitude When I Use My Fiance Pix As Dp / Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! / Found Condoms In My Fiance's Bag.again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by Q3(m): 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
He is a muslim guy in luv with a Xtain girl (a pastor's daughter) they love themselves so much and planning to tie the knot sometime soon.d problem is d girl wants the guy 2 fake his religion by claiming Xtianity in order 2 seek d consent of the lady's parents.

Nairalanders pls advise:Is it a good idea he heeds 2 d girl's proposal or he should stand his feet as a muslim and watch d girl's parent ruin their dreams.
Note: d guys parents are indifferent of religion, jst d girl's dat are adamant Änð dispise other religion aside xtainity.
Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by obamamate: 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lying is a wrong foundation for any relationship

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by 2goodbobo(m): 12:10am On Jun 13, 2013
How long can you hide the truth? Taking that route is very wrong. Come out clean, if is meant to be it will be
Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:14am On Jun 13, 2013
obamamate: Lying is a wrong foundation for any relationship
Gbam and should be discourage at all cost, what if her parents discover after the wedding that he lied about his religion it will be a disappointment to both parties

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by obi4eze(m): 1:05am On Jun 13, 2013
That thing that is making that girl to want to lie to her parents because of a man is not love. If she eventually marries this man after both of them have lied to her parents, she'd be leaving him with no option than to cheat on her and it's the same group of people that will run to NL when the problem starts or when the husband starts misbehaving.

Does she want to have a lying, deceptive husband? Let her go ahead.
Do she want to have children that would be incurable liars? Let her go ahead.

BTW, both of them are not even compatible in their beliefs and religion (unless she wants to convert to Islam; don't expect him to convert to christianity no matter how much he claims to love her) even though bot of them may claim to love each other.

True love is pure, undefiled and always stands the test of time. It abides forever and can only be seen in godly hearts.

Question: Is the girl born-again?

OP, I just hope it's not you we're talking about here. If you're the one please think twice and look before you leap.
Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 13, 2013
I guess Religion will tear the marriage apart, but i thought marriage was just one man and one woman, now so many criteria, she must yoruba, or igbo, or educated or a christian or Pentecostal and not catholic, when does the segregation end ?
Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by sakaguchi(m): 1:51am On Jun 13, 2013
I understand with this story well being that my girlfriend is a Muslim and I a christian.
Her parents have no problem with me being christian and frankly have never raised the issue up ( though we are still courting, not yet married) my mom seems to be the future mountain we'll cross. She insist either the girl converts or its no deal. I personally don't mind, and I would never cajole her to convert. That thought of letting her feign being a christian and when we are married she can do whatever she is comfortable with crossed my mind. This is what I'll do.
Fight for your love, the strongest of love are fought for, let your parents know you love him and the religion doesn't matter to you ( yes! You are the daughter they raised, you have still not change, only that you refused being a bigot) give them convincing arguments. I have seen christian couples whose marriage fell off the cliff and one of my uncle is a muslim and his wife a christian several years after they wedded. This are the sort of argument that wins there reasoning eventually. If the man is gonna convert to a christian or the woman to a muslim, that decision should be of the persons volition, not that he/she is compelled due to marriage. Trust me, that kind of conversion don't last. Sustenable marriage and not fueled by sameness of religions but by love and mutual respect. What are you even saying, your great grand mother might not even be a christian, so what's the fuss about. Would they rather she marries a south korean christian to a Nigerian Muslim? Hypocrites.
@ OP, don't pretend jaare, fight for your love and win, all the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by UyiIredia(m): 2:02am On Jun 13, 2013
I see religious fundamentalism as a hindrance to religious tolerance because the religious orthodoxy tend to frown on marriage outside the group. Of course, if the parents are fundamentalists (better known as conservatives) telling the truth will be an obstacle in tje marriage. Nevertheless, saying the truth is the ideal to be upheld.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by free2ryhme: 2:20am On Jun 13, 2013
Q3: He is a muslim guy in luv with a Xtain girl (a pastor's daughter) they love themselves so much and planning to tie the knot sometime soon.d problem is d girl wants the guy 2 fake his religion by claiming Xtianity in order 2 seek d consent of the lady's parents.

Nairalanders pls advise:Is it a good idea he heeds 2 d girl's proposal or he should stand his feet as a muslim and watch d girl's parent ruin their dreams.
Note: d guys parents are indifferent of religion, jst d girl's dat are adamant Änð dispise other religion aside xtainity.

to lie is human an never get caught is divine
Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by tpia5: 3:49am On Jun 13, 2013
is she deceiving her parents or she's deceiving herself.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Want Me To Fake My Religion 4 Marriage by wazobiaforu(m): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2013
pregnancy before introduction answer it all.

he should not try to fake it

people should get out of using religion as cult where member can not go out or relate with another cult

(1) (Reply)

5 Unconsidered Facts Why Long Distance Relationships Usually Do Not Work. / A Candid Advice For The Ladies / Ladies Get In Here, Banky W Says He's 100% Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.