Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me (1151 Views)

She Loves Me So Much She Had To Do This..(picture Of 18+) / She Loves Me But, I Just Don't Think I Love Her... / My Boyfriend Told Me He Loves Me But Still Has Feelings For His Ex Back Home :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by powertool: 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
There's this lady I really cherish.

Now she tells me she loves me but she is not in love with me.

I have asked her to explain and she is not willing to do so. Am even more confused now grin

Abeg my fellow NLders, what does it mean to love someone and not be in love with that person. Abi she confuse?

Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by texaco1: 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
grin
both of u are confused.
if 2 confused ppl marry ,they will make a confused couple in a confused marriage producing confused children in a confused country.
smh for naija
Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by Emmyk(m): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
LoL. She's confused. Since she doesnt have a reason...
Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by Caracta(f): 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
How do we explain what she can't explain? Do we now read minds?
Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by Monicasque(f): 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
powertool: There's this lady I really cherish.

Now she tells me she loves me but she is not in love with me.

I have asked her to explain and she is not willing to do so. Am even more confused now grin

Abeg my fellow NLders, what does it mean to love someone and not be in love with that person. Abi she confuse?

that is hurting. Sorry hey embarassed. Sometimes the truth has a nasty way of hurting innocent people
Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by doomsdayII(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
Monicasque:

that is hurting. Sorry hey embarassed. Sometimes the truth has a nasty way of hurting innocent people
Someone tell me if this an example of an advice or taunt?
Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by 1one: 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
I'm not really big on commenting or replying on posts...but this question sort of gave me a reason to bend that rule...Now,my answer is not inspired by any similar experience of myself or anybody close to me,but rather what I would have meant if I were the one telling someone even though my answer may not really apply because I'm a guy not a girl,I'm hoping that at least it would give you some faint hint into what she means by "I love you" but not "in love" with you.

I love you means..."I like your person,your personality".."I like the things you stand for,your principles"..It's more like a brotherly-sisterly kinda thing..it's a warm,settling kind of feeling that has no romantic or sexual connotations what so ever.

Imagine telling your biological sister.."I love you"...now that would be more "appropriate" than telling her "Sis,I'm in love with you"

So in essence..being in love with someone has a higher romantic,sexual tone than "I love you"

But there are several other shades to those two statements,if I start breaking it down according to how I understand,the page might get too wordy and boring...One of the other shades could be...being in love with someone is a precursor to loving someone...When you're in love with someone,it's more like the dating/fiance-fiancee period...but then when you're are married..you would most likely express your love for your wife as "I love my wife"..not necessarily as "I'm in love with my wife"...So as I said,it could have different shades of meaning.

But bottom line...based on what she said,I think you should build more on your friendship with her rather than dating her.

3 Likes

Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by kaboninc(m): 8:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
Monicasque:

She's just not into him
Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I must confess,we ladies are not nice sometimes.
Boss, she means you're good as a brother and/or friend but anything beyond that is a NO-NO. All that grammar is so that you won't feel bad. MOVE ON!!!
Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by tpia5: 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
it means she likes you too much to take the relationship further.
Re: She Loves Me But She Is Not In Love With Me by bingbagbo(m): 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
it means she is pregnant for you embarassed

(1) (Reply)

What Is D Worst Response You've Heard From A Girl Wen A Guy Woes(toast) Her / Ladies Do You Care Where Your Man Is Sourcing Money For The Wedding? / I Fell Inlove With My Boss!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.