Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Strictly Chelsea Talk: - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Strictly Chelsea Talk: (64235 Views)

Opinion!!!strictly Chelsea Fans Only. / Strictly Arsenal: / Strictly Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Grizzly(m): 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2006
Hi Rhod, cheesy i've been here and there,
been a lil bit busy, still is, wink smiley
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Rhodalyn(f): 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2006
the correct thing to say is ''still am'' not still is Grizz smiley

I missed ya kiss kiss kiss
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Grizzly(m): 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2006
I've got myself a new English teacher yayyy!! kiss

well *still am*, kiss kiss kiss

missed ya too. wink cheesy cool
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by hucarson(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2006
@ Grizzly,
You may be right when looking at these names on paper but sometimes names do not guarantee success.
Chelsea needs to get some balance and the spirit before thinking of conquering the Premiership and Europe next season.
The team is star-studded but that sometimes work to the team's disadvantage.
Lets keep our fingers crossed on Chelsea for now. Lotta Clubs are waiting for the World Cup season to pick their players so expect some massive influx of players in the Premiership this summer.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Rhodalyn(f): 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2006
Grizzly:

I've got myself a new English teacher yayyy!! kiss

well *still am*, kiss kiss kiss

missed ya too. wink cheesy cool
lol Grizz, hope U didnt take that the wrong way wink Eve's actually making me a mean gurl

kiss kiss i thought U were banned or sumtin cheesy kiss kiss
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Grizzly(m): 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2006
Lol Rhodalyn, if the [b]sucker pundits lipsrsealed[/b] come and catch us on this convo, they will kill us!! shocked shocked

wrong thread, maybe we should go over to the forum game thread or summin

nah i wasnt banned, wink wink wink

cheers, grin grin grin angry >: smiley smiley( cool
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Rhodalyn(f): 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2006
yeah!! U're right Grizz 'the sucker pundits'' is Sure to ban Us 4 this, lets get Outta here cheesy cheesy
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by spikelord(m): 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2006
Grizzzzzzzzzzzz, what'up ?

Where have u been?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Grizzly(m): 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2006
Yeah spike i've been just there, undecided
working my arce up,
well glad to be back sha,
how u been, ?
i see u been up to some lil trouble with huc, grin
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by spikelord(m): 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2006
Yeah, that man wouldn't just pick up an argument with anyone else other than me.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Grizzly(m): 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2006
the more u look ,
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Rhodalyn(f): 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2006
Wow!! Grizz thats cuul, how did ya do that?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Grizzly(m): 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2006
thats ma own secret, tongue tongue tongue
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by slimnike(m): 12:59pm On Jun 06, 2006
I will advise We don't bring in other issues here apart from Chelsea's.What do You guys think?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Grizzly(m): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2006
Thats what it is, no foreign news, cool
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by slimnike(m): 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2006
Does any body here have a Chelsea membership card?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Akolawole(m): 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2006
@Slimnike

What do you need it for?

Old or new one?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Akolawole(m): 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2006
Chelsea longest serving player is on his way out.

Too bad to lose this intelligent player.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by slimnike(m): 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2006
Akolawole:

@Slimnike

What do you need it for?

Old or new one?
I want to get one for my self.But I do not know how to go about it,maybe you can help Me out.here is my id nk_levant@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by slimnike(m): 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2006
Akolawole:

Chelsea longest serving player is on his way out.

Too bad to lose this intelligent player.
He is already out.I saw it at Barca's website just now.Too bad one of the most skillfull strikers We have is gone.Too bad. sad sad sad sad sad sadGood luck Gudyy.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Akolawole(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2006
@Slimnike

I am sad as Gudjohsen left for Barca

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n06061320.shtml

The Iceland captain is leaving stamford bridge. cry cry cry
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Akolawole(m): 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2006
Chelsea bought Gud from Bolton for £4m but sold him for £8.2m

Most intelligent Foreign Chelsea player beside Zola.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Vieira(m): 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2006
This thread is a waste of cyberspace!

All these johhnny come lately's shouting blue forever.

I hope Chelsea has a good Cardiac Arrest center for all these old men they are buying.

Some peeps need to check the history of the club they decide to support before shouting blues forever.

Bagoma you are disgracing us on this thread o!

So if any nigerian join Tottenham, you go begin support them small?

PS. Eidur bye bye, you were one of the few players at Chelsea that I liked, I will miss you in the premiership but since Murinho does not know your worth I don't blame you.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Akolawole(m): 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2006
If it was just a novice in football, i wouldnt even bother to respond but i will reply you.

Vieira:

This thread is a waste of cyberspace!

All these johhnny come lately's shouting blue forever.

Some peeps need to check the history of the club they decide to support before shouting blues forever.

When its Chelsea or United or Liverpool, its a waste of Cyberspace, what are you going to call it if its Arsenal's

Must everyone supports Arsenal.

I am not suprised because i have seen few idiots who keep on asking me when i joined Chelsea.

Oga, What is the history of Arsenal o?

Vieira:

I hope Chelsea has a good Cardiac Arrest center for all these old men they are buying.

The same way your team will need one Gilberto, Pascal Cygan and Campbell.

We are proud of our old men.

## Tell me a better Defensive midfielder in the world than Baba Makalele at 33##

### Only a Stupid Coach will not go for a proven first class midfielder on "free transfer" with 50% Shared image right given to Chelsea###

#### Henry is 28 years old with an extension of 4 years, Shev is 30 years old with 4 years contract ( To refund £6m to Jose if he is injured in the World cup). Which one am i going to prefer? I beg i go for a big game player in Shev###.

#Tomas Rosicky, Gilberto and Sol campbell joined Arsenal when they were 26,26 and 27 respectively [ I thought they say the man Wenger goes to the villages and hamlet to get kids of 13 years old. Are these guys U-18 and UNKNOWN ?#

## What is the difference between 26, 27,29 and 30 ? What is the difference between PDP and NPN ?##
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Akolawole(m): 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2006
Vieira:

PS. Eidur bye bye, you were one of the few players at Chelsea that I liked, I will miss you in the premiership but since Murinho does not know your worth I don't blame you.

The same way i will say Roberto Pires, Patrick Viera, van Brochost are few of the guys i like in Arsenal but Wenger did not know your worth.

Vieira:

Bagoma you are disgracing us on this thread o!
So if any nigerian join Tottenham, you go begin support them small?

Let me tell you, Bagoma is more Gunner than you, in fact she hardly read newspaper that contain Chelsea stories, she switched off TV on sight of Mourinho but i accuse her everytime on her inability to be a good football fan.

He likes Mikel and Nigeria, what do you want her to do?

Hate Mikel?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by twinstaiye(m): 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2006
Nice reply Akolawole, but that is my Arsenal guy, but not withstanding, ay one can promote his/her teams and it is no waste of cyberspace. In the same vein, everyone has right to support any teams, and i hasten to add that, the fact that Mikel is in Chelsea is a boost for more support for chelsea from Nigerians irrespective of whether we like Arsenal or not.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Grizzly(m): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2006
Chelsea has eyes on Philipp lahm,

Chelsea want to sign Germany full-back Philipp Lahm, according to a report in German newspaper Bild.

The London club are said to be prepared to offer £10.25million for the 22-year-old defender but his club side Bayern Munich are not prepared to sell.

Bayern director Karl Hopfner said: 'We don't want to sell Philipp Lahm. We still need him.'

Lahm told Bild: 'This is the World Cup and that's the only thing I'm interested in. I'm not thinking about what will happen afterwards.'

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Vieira(m): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2006
No need to hate Mikel but also no need to support Chelsea!!

Pires and Vieira are both past thier best and you must acknowledge that now.

Van Bronckost?? When we had Silvinhon and Ashley and Clichy?? That na waste now. Two of them were better than him so he was not needed. No be waste!!

When I talk about History I was actually refering to Chelsea's past as a hotbed of rascism and extreme right wing thugs.
That is the main reason I never liked chelsea and why it surprises me nowadays to see so many black supporters.
Back in the early nineties as a black guy I would not even dare near Stamford bridge for fear of the Chelsea Headhunters.

Anyway I had to come on this thread and cause havoc because it is payback time for all the time our Arsenal thread have been hijacked!!!

But I will now leave you in peace to enjoy talking about Chelski, oops I meant Ruski, oops sorry I mean Chelsea.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Vieira(m): 8:52am On Jun 17, 2006

Pires and Vieira are both past thier best and you must acknowledge that now.

Van Bronckost?? When we had Silvinhon and Ashley and Clichy?? That na waste now. Two of them were better than him so he was not needed. No be waste!!

When I talk about History I was actually refering to Chelsea's past as a hotbed of rascism and extreme right wing thugs.
That is the main reason I never liked chelsea and why it surprises me nowadays to see so many black supporters.
Back in the early nineties as a black guy I would not even dare near Stamford bridge for fear of the Chelsea Headhunters.

Anyway I had to come on this thread and cause havoc because it is payback time for all the time our Arsenal thread have been hijacked!!!

But I will now leave you in peace to enjoy talking about Chelski, oops I meant Ruski, oops sorry I mean Chelsea.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Akolawole(m): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2006
Vieira:

Pires and Vieira are both past their best and you must acknowledge that now.

A respected and mature man calling Chelsea Cheski!

A respected and mature man calling this thread "a waste of Cyberspace"

A Gunner coming here to hijack this thread as a retaliation to hijacking Arsenl thread.

I wonder o!
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by slimnike(m): 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2006
Aka somebody spelling Chelsea as Chelski is just a way to tell Us that He is an IDIOT.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by slimnike(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2006
Hate Him.To Me is the best manager in the World now.Read,

Born: January 26, 1963
Birthplace: Setubal, Portugal
Previous Clubs: FC Porto, Uniao de Leiria, Benfica
Honours: Champions League: 2004; UEFA Cup: 2003; English Championship: 2005; English League Cup: 2005; FA Community Shield: 2005; Portuguese Championship: 2003, 2004; Portuguese Cup: 2003
2005/06 Premiership Record
GP 38 | W 29 | D 4 | L 5

Dale Johnson and Henry May
Archive

Under Roman Abramovich, Chelsea want the best personnel in all areas - and usually they get their man.

AubreyWashington/Empics
Bobby Robson and Mourinho as Barcelona take on Hercules in January 1997

When searching for a new manager it was clear they weren't going to settle for anything other than the best - and, according to the man they appointed, that's what they got.

Mourinho is the self-titled 'Special One'.

His rise from being a mere translator to managing the richest club in the world has been nothing short of meteoric.

Despite his father Felix having represented the Portuguese national team as a goalkeeper, Mourinho never played professionally and instead, from a relatively young age, focused his sights on a coaching career.

He had held low-profile positions at Estrela Amadora and Vitoria Setubal before taking his first high-profile role in football in 1992 when appointed to work under Bobby Robson at Sporting Lisbon.

Mourinho initially worked as a translator to Robson, but he turned out to be much more than a linguist. From an early age he had been fascinated by football tactics and impressed by his attention to detail, work ethic and passion, Bobby Robson would give him increasingly more responsibility with the first team.

His tactical insight soon became apparent and he gradually became more involved in team affairs, impressing in the training sessions which he took.

Mourinho had clearly caught Robson's attention, who had a feeling that Jose would make it to the top one day: 'What struck me about Mourinho was that he was a student of football. He was very intelligent, enthusiastic and was very keen to learn.

'He never said to me that he wanted to be a head coach, but I had a feeling that one day he would go a long way in the game. He had great confidence in his own ability.'

And when Robson moved on to Porto in 1993, it was no surprise that he took his good friend and colleague with him; Mourinho duly became his assistant manager. The Robson and Mourinho partnership began to click. In three years at Porto, they clinched two titles.

The Robson-Mourinho combo moved on to Barcelona in 1996, where they won a pair of Spanish Cups (1997 and 1998) and the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1997. However, the Nou Camp was to be the last staging post for the partnership.

In 1998 Robson received an offer from PSV Eindhoven that was too good to refuse - and instead of following his tutor to another new club, Mourinho decided to chance his arm away from Robson and stayed on at Barca in a coaching capacity, this time under new manager Louis Van Gaal.

NealSimpson/Empics
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho

However, under the Dutchman Mourinho's days were numbered and he was forced out of the job as Van Gaal tried, unsuccessfully, to re-unite the coaching team that had led Ajax to so much success.

Mourinho did not have long to wait before landing his first full managerial post, when he was appointed Benfica boss in 2000. But his reign was shortlived, lasting only nine games before he resigned due to problems in the boardroom.

Despite being able to boast that he had been involved with Portugal's top three teams (Sporting, Porto and Benfica), the experience was not one Mourinho enjoyed.

Of course, Mourinho's considerable ambition and drive meant that he wasn't going to be out of a job for long, and within months of taking a new job in 2001 he had taken perennial strugglers Uniao de Leiria into fourth place and into Europe.

Porto took note of the young manager's talents, and when their top job became available after a poor start to the 2002/03 season it was immediately offered to Mourinho, who jumped at the chance to have a crack at the league title with a talented squad.

They recovered from their poor start to finish third, with Mourinho putting in place the ingredients for what would be a phenomenal first full season at the helm.

Mourinho's team, full of pace, power, and attacking flair (exemplified by midfielder Deco), was supremely organized and stormed to the league title, the domestic cup, and a dramatic win in the UEFA Cup final over Martin O'Neill's Celtic.

It was a truly remarkable achievement, and Mourinho was heralded across Europe as a genius - his stock had risen to unprecedented levels, and Tottenham allegedly tried to take him from the Estadio Del Drago.

However, the now fearless Mourinho had unfinished business with Porto; he was determined to win the Champions League. Season 2003/04 inevitably yielded more success - Porto retained their league title but, of course, the outstanding success was their clinching of the European Cup after a 3-0 victory against Monaco.

Their journey to the final included some memorable scalps, notably Manchester United, after which Sir Alex Ferguson and Mourinho exchanged insults in an unpleasant touchline altercation. The two seemed to have since settled their differences however.

Of course when, inevitably, Chelsea came calling in May 2004, Mourinho realized he had taken Porto as far as he could go, and jumped at the chance to take on one of Europe's most challenging (and best paid) jobs.

He has an eye for a good player as exemplified by the team that he built at Porto, on a relatively small budget (Costinha, Ferreira and Carvalho were all bargains considering the success they brought).

NealSimpson/Empics
Mourinho: Likes the mind games

His man management skills are sound, having been tested by the likes of Derlei and Benni McCarthy, and he generally gets on well with the media despite his touch of arrogance.

Mourinho's teams are based on immaculate preparation and organization - the man himself is apparently the first into work everyday and the last home. He is totally dedicated to and obsessed by his job, and with the money at his disposal at Chelsea, the rest of England, and indeed Europe, should be warned.

He knows how to win the Champions League and make no mistake, this man is incredibly confident that he will be successful and he will be ruthless in his pursuit of trophies.

Mourinho has shown, like his predecessor Claudio Ranieri, that he's unafraid to make full use of Abramovich cheque book. With Arsenal and Manchester United looking on anxiously, and helplessly, as Mourinho swooped for old friends Ferreira and Carvalho from Porto.

Also on his shopping list, the signing of two-season wonder Didier Drogba was clinched, as was the less-pricey but nonetheless talented Mateja Kezman. Tiago also arrived from Portugal, as did Morais.

Two 'pre-arranged' transfers saw to the arrivals of Euro 2004 stars Petr Cech and Arjen Robben - youngsters to add to Chelsea's embarrassment of riches in the youth department.

Many players were shifted out on loan or given free transfers, as Mourinho has elected to have, with mathematical precision typical of the man, a first-team squad of 24 players.

His solid start to the 2004/05 season suggested to many that he's here primarily to win games, and secondarily to entertain the crowd. A sequence of 1-0 victories to open the season was criticized, but Mourinho always remained single minded in his approach.

Chelsea lost only one Premiership match, and that being to a disputed penalty at Manchester City. They won the Premiership title by 12 points from Arsenal.

Added to that, they won the Carling Cup final against Liverpool after extra-time.

But Rafael Benitez's men got their revenge for that defeat in the Champions League semi-finals. Yet again it was a controversial goal which eliminated the Blues, with Luis Garcia's shot adjudged to have crossed the line despite the desperate attempts of William Gallas to clear.

It was the only goal of the game and Mourinho refuses to acknowledge it was indeed a goal.

Playing the increasingly popular 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation, Chelsea wingers pushed forward with speed in support of the lone striker to great effect. It brought a new angle on the argument against playing just one man up front.

Despite the glittering success of the season on the pitch, Mourinho and Chelsea had numerous run-ins with the authorities.

MikeEgerton/Empics
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger turns the other cheek to Mourinho

The most high-profile case came with the Ashley Cole 'tapping-up' affair. Mourinho, along with club officials, had a series of meetings with the Arsenal defender at a London hotel and led to player, manager and club being charged by the Football Association.

It was the beginning of a breakdown in relations Gunners boss Arsene Wenger which would result in a long-running public feud.

Then there was the row with Liverpool fans, who he had given the 'hush' sign during their Carling Cup final success.

Mourinho also hit trouble in the Champions League, when he alleged that Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard had visited Swedish referee Anders Frisk at half-time during the first leg of their tie at the Nou Camp in February.

UEFA accused Chelsea of making false declarations and 'deliberately creating a poisoned and negative ambience' after they refused to attend the post-match news conference and submitted a report detailing their allegations.

The referee then received death threats from Chelsea fans and announced his retirement from refereeing. UEFA's head of refereeing Volker Roth described Mourinho as an 'enemy of football'.

At the hearing, Mourinho was handed a two-match touchline ban and a fine of around £9,000, which Chelsea was fined around £45,000.

Despite the controversy surrounding Mourinho, he continued to have a good rapport with the press, for the most part. Always willing to produce a soundbite for the thronged media men he was a dream for the tabloids.

Mourinho furthered strengthened ahead of 2005/06, adding Shaun Wright-Phillips, Asier Del Horno and Michael Essien to an already hugely talented squad.

Chelsea started the season on fire, winning their first ten games before hitting something of a blip in October. First they were held to a 1-1 draw by rock-bottom Everton before going out on penalties to Charlton Athletic in the League Cup. They then lost to Real Betis in the Champions League.

And to top the disappointing spell, they were then defeat 1-0 by a beleaguered Manchester United at Old Trafford to bring to an end their 40-match unbeaten Premiership run.

It was around this time that Wenger's spat with the Chelsea boss really began to gather momentum. First Mourinho called Wenger a 'Viewer' due to his alleged obsession with the champions.

Then Wenger hit back by threatening to take legal action against his opposite number. But it didn't end there as Mourinho claimed he had a 120-page dossier listing all the derogatory comments made against his club.

Mourinho attempted to calm matters by offering to apologise - if Wenger did so exactly at the same time. It was an invitation which was never likely to be accepted.

That prompted the League Managers' Association to call for a truce. Wenger simply said he would not be gagged, meaning the war of words is never likely to be healed.

Despite Chelsea's blip few would back against them retaining their Premiership title. Though they may have suffered a wobble, the likes of Arsenal and United have problems of their own to solve in consistency and quality.

But Mourinho's main aim now is to lift the Champions League with Chelsea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (81) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.