Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Strictly Chelsea Talk: - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Strictly Chelsea Talk: (64488 Views)

Opinion!!!strictly Chelsea Fans Only. / Strictly Arsenal: / Strictly Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 9:08am On Jul 01, 2007
Make Drogba just decide instead of wasting our time
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Angybabe(f): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2007
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2007
"

Henry helped Arsenal to two league titles and three FA Cups and led the Gunners to the finals of the 2000 Uefa Cup and 2006 Champions League.

There is no problem with my contract with Chelsea

Didier Drogba

That's d same thing henry said
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by ayoharry(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2007
shoot em all

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by ayoharry(m): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2007
yeah
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2007
Please guard your guns at the arsenal domain and not here
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2007
Please guard your guns at the arsenal domain and not here
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by somze(f): 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2007
Guns without ammos.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 1:51am On Jul 16, 2007
Mourinho and Abramovich end rift

Mourinho is committed to seeing out his contract at the club
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that he and club owner Roman Abramovich held clear-the-air talks at Stamford Bridge last week.
A rift between the pair overshadowed Chelsea's efforts last season.

But speaking in Los Angeles, Mourinho said: "It was a long and enjoyable meeting. I was more than delighted. The air is clear and there's no problem."

Chelsea's US tour got off to a good start as new signing Florent Malouda scored in a 2-1 win over Club America.

Malouda struck a 75th-minute equaliser before setting up skipper John Terry to head in the winner.

New signings Tal Ben Haim and Steve Sidwell also tasted their first action in a Chelsea shirt but Blues fans will be more pleased to hear news of Mourinho and Abramovich's reconciliation.

I want to go back to wingers and play attacking football

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho

BBC Five Live correspondent Nigel Adderley is in Los Angeles and reported: "A breakdown of communications last season seemed to suggest Mourinho was on his way out of Chelsea.

"But their first formal meeting for six months has cleared the air and now the manager is hopeful of staying for another four years at least."

Mourinho's contract ends in 2010 and he said he would be happy to see it out - and could even stay longer.

"I am in my fourth season here and if I can carry on five, six, seven, eight years, then I will go on without any problem," he said.

"I have no desire to change and try something different in Italy or Spain. I don't have that desire.

"I want to stay - and if Chelsea had wanted to make a change, they would have done it by now."

4-3-3 is our best formation as it's one the players can actually play good football in
Looking ahead to the new season, Mourinho sent a warning to midfielder Michael Ballack, saying he is looking to ditch the diamond formation which best suits the German star.

"I want to go back to wingers and play attacking football," Mourinho explained. "The objective of having players like Robben, Cole, Malouda and Kalou is because we want to give width to our game, to give speed, to give creativity.

"I don't want to play football with a diamond any more.

"So I don't think it will be easy for Ballack. But he's a top player, a top personality and I think he's the kind of guy ready to fight for a place."
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 1:52am On Jul 16, 2007
d full gist is at chelseafc.com
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by cabali(m): 8:29am On Jul 16, 2007
this is interesting info cheesy
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2007
YEAH

ONE HOPE OGA AB WILL NOT INTERFERE TOOMUCH NEXT SEASON
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by software(m): 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2007
chelsea for life
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by kgoddie(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2007
nice one.I pray make he be so oooooo!!!! because I like see many goals wey dis boys go score next season.
CHELSEA 4 LIFE
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2007
abi oh.

Oga Malouda is already scoring
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by software(m): 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2007
yes o d guy is already scoring, he does not need 2 wait till d season starts

chelsea 4 life
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 6:09am On Jul 17, 2007
make we see am 4 season dey score too o! he shouldn' t be like ballak
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by FBS: 11:57am On Jul 19, 2007
chelsea forever and I think SWP was amazing in the last match,
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by 9ja4eva: 8:09am On Jul 22, 2007
Malouda ko

Aluta ni
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2007
very dry joke
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by software(m): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2007
chelsea all the way! ;d
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 5:50am On Jul 24, 2007
one blue
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 6:04am On Jul 24, 2007
[size=18pt]The players have been expressing their opinions following Saturday's 1-0 victory over LA Galaxy[/size].
Captain John Terry was pleased by his superb goal, and happy to have achieved another 90 minutes.

'I was delighted to get my second goal of the tour, and hopefully I can continue in this vein,' he said.

Speaking on his injured toe, Terry said: 'I had to have a numbing injection and it just needs a few days rest again. I'll be training on Tuesday when we go back, and ready for the Feyenoord game.'

Another player to feature for the full 90 minutes was Terry's partner at centre back Ricardo Carvalho, and he too proved adept up field, marauding forward with the ball whenever the opportunity presented itself.

'It's important to try more things, and it's good to prepare my condition,' he explained.

Goalkeeper Petr Cech came off at half-time after producing two fine saves, but with his wrist strapped after damaging a tendon in his wrist.

'I didn't feel any sharp pain, and it's not something that will stop me playing or training so it's fine,' he said.

His long reach to deny Abel Xavier's header drew many plaudits. 'It's very important for the goalkeeper to have a good save to help your team mates,' he explained. 'I saw the ball a little bit late and knew the ball was quite far, so I tried to reach as far as I could and I'm very happy with it.'

Cech was also pleased at how the US tour has gone, saying: 'I think we can go home really positive because we've been training hard for a couple of weeks.

'We played three games, we won all three and we had a good spell here in the States and we can go back and really look forward to the season. '

'We can be happy because it's always difficult in pre-season to keep clean sheets, of course there is still room for improvement but it's a good start.'

While the result shows Chelsea's superiority, the headlines are all about one man. Despite only making a cameo appearance, David Beckham stole the show, but it briefly looked like he might be making an early exit.

Just minutes after his introduction, Beckham was left in a heap after a challenge with our own Steve Sidwell, but what did our new recruit make of it?

'I didn't really touch him to be fair,' said Steve, joking: 'It wasn't the heaviest of challenges. I think he's started his acting career a bit early in America!'
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Razorr(f): 8:22am On Jul 24, 2007
Chelsea Rules. kiss
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Ocean2(m): 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2007
Can't wait for next season to start!! Sheva and Ballack betta get their acts together!! And what's that rusted Gun doing on this site. I hera Gallas is complaining that Wenger isn't buying quality players. shocked!!
Shebi he thot it was greener at teh other side!! sorry man space no dey for bridge for u o!!
I agree Jose should tone down on his yabis in the media, tone down i said not STOP!! cos that guy adds tonic to the whole league.
Malouda is a good buy and hopefully wit him and Robben and Joe, teh SKY is the limit for TRU Blues!! i hear Maka has agreed to stay (wise decision).
TRU BLUE for life
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by mrferlie(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2007
Ocean2:

Can't wait for next season to start!! Sheva and Ballack betta get their acts together!! And what's that rusted Gun doing on this site. I hera Gallas is complaining that Wenger isn't buying quality players. shocked!!
Shebi he thot it was greener at the other side!! sorry man space no dey for bridge for u o!!
I agree Jose should tone down on his yabis in the media, tone down i said not STOP!! because that guy adds tonic to the whole league.
Malouda is a good buy and hopefully wit him and Robben and Joe, the SKY is the limit for TRU Blues!! i hear Maka has agreed to stay (wise decision).
TRU BLUE for life

Maka has outlived his revelance in that team. he has lost stamina and aggresiveness needed in that midfield. he should have been sold off.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Abdblues(m): 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2007
I agree but i think his experience can come in handy sometime during the season so he should still stay in the club besidesyou never can tell what inujries have in store for us this season
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2007
abdblues u n te oh
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 26, 2007
Hope for the Blues

It will start with Community Shield
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2007
yeah man
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by RuuDie(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2007
Steve Clarke insists Arjen Robben's absence from the friendly with Feyenoord is not a fresh sign he is leaving Chelsea.

The Dutch winger sat out Wednesday's 1-1 draw due to a knee injury, having already missed one of the club's games in the United States.

Robben's omission from the squad has prompted further speculation that he is closing in on a move to Real Madrid.

The Spanish champions' president Ramon Calderon revealed on Wednesday that negotiations are 'advancing' and he hopes a deal comes to 'fruition'.

But Chelsea assistant manager Clarke explained Robben missed the Feyenoord game due to an injury which will keep him out for a further week.

"He's got a small problem with his knee," said Clarke after the match. "He stayed behind for treatment.

"It's not major - we've decided to rest him for a week to 10 days, and he'll be fine after that.

"He's still a Chelsea player."
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Jackal(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2007
@ Ruudie,

Robben wants out cos there's a general feeling that Christmas is over for the BLUES.
If u look at the transfer signings u will agree with me that Chelsea's brief time in the sun is over.

Truth is - no truly world class player really WANTS to play for Chelsea - well not for less than 150grand a week & that's why I fully expect Chelsea to go the same way as Blackburn in the mid-90s

Do you really think that, when they were children, players like Robben, Drogba & Essien dreamed of playing for Chelsea? Are you really THAT naive?
No, they wanted (still want) to play for Real, Man Utd, Barca,Milan,Bayern - in front of crowds of 100,000 plus, not 40,000 if you're lucky.

This problem will always catch up with a club that is not self-financing. Loads of Chelsea heads doesnt even know Chelsea as a club is Poor, Roman as the owner is rich.
Chelsea have had their time in the sun, now it's time for the old order to be restored.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (81) (Reply)

Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.