Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Strictly Chelsea Talk: - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Strictly Chelsea Talk: (64489 Views)

Opinion!!!strictly Chelsea Fans Only. / Strictly Arsenal: / Strictly Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by somze(f): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2007
A coward says a thousand words, lets wait for the season to start shall we?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by kitaun(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Jackal

these Chelski seem to forget how they were all going Robben this Robben that  grin

that guy is a sh@tty selfish mofo!  cheesy  cheesy

injury-prone player tongue
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by somze(f): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2007
My reply was not concerning Robben, it was concerning his aspersions on chelsea as a club.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by topeorekoy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2007
in all honesty, which of these 4 players( SIDWELL, PIZZARO, BEN HAIM,MALOUDA) do u think can make an impact in CHELSEA? and please where do they fit in and where will they be played? who is BEN HAIM going to displace in the central back? who is SIDWELL going to displace in the midfield? considering that MOURINHO wants to play 4-3-3. ESSIEN, LAMPARD, BALLACK, MIKEL AND MAKALELE. so where is sidwell playing? 3 attacker- where is PIZARRO going to play? and i hope JM will get it well this time but in all honesty i doubt it. he has PIZARRO, DROGBA, SHEVY, KALOU, MALOUDA, JOE COLE AND CO. upfront. still doubting what formation he will play to include his new buy or maybe they just be on the bench like SRP and be sold to a new club
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Jackal(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2007
@ Somze,
Lets talk football . . . . . . . .

Roman Abrahamovic as a business man is getting tired of CFC. The club is making losses year in year out despite the amount of millions the Russian has splashed since the take-over in 2003. Chelsea made fatal mistakes in the majority of their signings and they ended up selling these players after 1 season at a HUGE loss. This trend is gradually eating into Roman's reserves and the Russian is starting to feel the HEAT.

Chelsea is not a self-financing business. They don't have the fan base of clubs like Man Utd and THEY NEVER WILL.
There's no point in them building a 60,000 seater stadium, like Arsenal, because they wouldn't fill it.
It's very rare that Stamford Bridge is sold out even now. And last season's FA cup semi final at a half empty Old Trafford proves this point entirely.
Meanwhile, United's lowest home crowd last season was 71,000 for a televised 3rd round FA cup match against Portsmouth.

So, in order for Chelsea to maintain their recent successes & pay the highest wages to attract & hold onto the best players, they will always be reliant on Roman's cash which is bad business for Abrahamovic so what do u think will happen in 3 years if this trend continues.
Roman might be forced to dump Chelsea for a more profitable business.
Do u know Roman has dropped from the 11th richest man in the world to 16th? Is Chelsea really eating into this man's wallet?
Please do the math. wink
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by somze(f): 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2007
Tope
Dont be mistaken, we bought players for backup not for making a difference. Our last season, if you are sincere, shows that we have an excellent squad. I dont want to go back to the past but its an open secret that we lost out on some tournaments due to injuries.

The players bought will now present a good backup plan.
Ben Haim - JT or Carvalho
Malouda - Robben
Pizarro - Shevy
Sidwell - essien, mikel - nations cup.

Right now we have our left backs injured and the right backs and left midfielders are coverin up for them. So not all backup plans are full proof.

We have an excellent squad and Alex is joinin in, also Drenthe and Paco may likely follow. I dont think we need the last two but for the future.

If you ask me our problem still lies at the right back.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by topeorekoy(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2007
Is a player bought for back up? or to make an impact in the team? pls enlighten me
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by somze(f): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2007
Jackal is my new maths teacher grin

I've dealt with most of these issues before but anyway let me clarify a few u brought up

Jackal:

Roman Abrahamovic as a business man is getting tired of CFC.

No proof of this fact whatsoeva

Jackal:

The club is making losses year in year out despite the amount of millions the Russian has splashed since the take-over in 2003.
Also the club is the 2nd most highest revenue earners in the world ( referin to football clubs only) This has been dealt with in another thread.
The issue is our wages and losses from bad buys. Management is dealing with this and believes we would break even in 2009.

Jackal:

Chelsea made fatal mistakes in the majority of their signings and they ended up selling these players after 1 season at a HUGE loss.
Be sincere every club makes these mistakes even Manchester.

Jackal:

Chelsea is not a self-financing business. They don't have the fan base of clubs like Man Utd and THEY NEVER WILL.
Like i said we are working on our financing. Our fan base has continued to double each year. I've dealt with this before with loyika and co. ManU is a much bigger club, granted, but neva say neva. Mgt believes in 2014 we would be thereabouts
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by somze(f): 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2007
Tope
Backups make impact in the time. How can you ask such a question? Do i need to give you the list of backups Arsenal, MAnU or other clubs buy. Why do clubs buy young players then. If not to be backups till they get the experience to overtake the older ones.

In reality, every club buys for a reason. WE have given you ours. Its not your money so keep your sentiments.

We are Chelsea dude and WE PAY CASH !!!
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by topeorekoy(m): 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2007
SOMEZ,
i know it aint my money. and am not sentimental about it. watch soccer and watch any club. anyway a club buys for a reason but i guess mainly to make an impact
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Jackal(m): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2007
@ Somze,

I never knew this had been discussed in the past.
Lemme ask u a question and i want a honest answer.
Will Chelsea fill a 60,000 capacity stadium against teams like Wigan, Birmingham and Sunderland week in week out?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by charlione(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2007
@somze
         well done bro.u need to educate some ignorants sometimes.

@ruudie
        please get ur facts right,Chelsea is not a poor club.

@jackal
        Stanford bridge is always filled up when Chelsea play.I can also tell u confidently that Chelsea will sell out when moved to a 70,000 capacity stadium.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by somze(f): 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2007
Tope
Dont take it personal dude. I always use that money line. wink
We did not buy top players, granted and we have our reasons. Thats just what i wanted u to understand.

Jackal
Current statistics answer your question but like i've said earlier we are working on it.

Charlione
Thanks bro, but u may want to cool down on that our stadium always filled up wen we play wink
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by topeorekoy(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2007
SOMEZ,
aint taking it personal. am cool grin
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Jackal(m): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2007
@ Charlione,

Your home attendance v Wigan last season was 40,846 - 1200 below capacity - what makes you think you could sell 60,000 seats for this game in the future?
I would also refer you to home Champions League attendances against Werder Bremen - 32,135 AND Levski Sofia 33,358 - both WAY BELOW capacity. Need I say more?

@ Somze,
Thanx for re-educating charlione over the match attendance kizzack.
He needs alot to learn about his club.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 6:11am On Jul 27, 2007
[size=18pt]JOSE ON THE OPPOSITION [/size]

José Mourinho has been speaking further on the season ahead, and how he sees our opponents for the title measuring up.

Here is a full transcript of the interview.

On Manchester United spending money, he said:
'Man United keep the same team basically - they play one game in Asia, I think it

was exactly the same team that played against us at Wembley. So their team is "there" - I think they have two good talents in Nani and Anderson, gives them more options.

'If Tevez goes there, he is one more good player for them to face the season. I think sometimes last season, when Henrik Larsson was gone, when Louis Saha was injured, they were also in a situation where they were always playing with a lone striker. So I think they did their work well.

'They have money to spend, they spend their money. I know when Chelsea were spending lots of money everybody was jumping - I don't jump because other people spend, they can do what they want with their money. They are contenders for the title of course.'

On Liverpool:

'Four seasons with Benitez, they want the Premiership. They don't hide. Benitez, the players, they all speak about getting the Premiership. I think last season was frustrating for them - they win nothing. But they always have a good group, good players, so I think they'll be better.'

On the North London clubs:

'No Thierry, but last season almost no Thierry too. And they have very, very good young players - last season in the Carling Cup with young players was very good.

'Mixed with some important players, William [Gallas], Gilberto, van Persie, Adebayor. I think they bought a couple of good players, so they are there, without pressure, not many people expect them to do it. This can be in favour. They will see what happens but I think in their minds, they think,

'And it's just a personal opinion, but Tottenham. Because they have more players in the England national team than anybody else - all of them belong, I'm not saying to the eleven, but to the first 25, 30 England players. Robinson, King, Dawson, Lennon, Defoe, Bent - a very good group of players.

'They spend money, they kept all the important players they have - even Berbatov, everyone thinking he was going to leave, so Berbatov staying, I think it shows clearly what they want.

'And again, without pressure, I think Tottenham should be there, creating a difficult situation for us.'

On the pressure for Liverpool having spent money:
'I think everybody wants that pressure, because when you have it you have real chances of doing it. You can say the pressure is a bit higher, because in this moment they cannot point at other people, where in other years they could say, "oh, these guys, they spend a lot of money, they have to win".

'This season they have to be with a different speech. They have high responsibilities and high expectations. In the last three years only Chelsea and Man United, so I think

Liverpool, it's a long time they don't win Premiership, so they want [it].

'I heard something in the summer, Gerrard, Carragher, Riise, saying it has to be this season. I think that's normal, positive, I cannot complain with that. Everybody wants - we want too, no problem.

'I can say the pressure is a bit higher because at this moment they cannot point at other clubs spending money whereas years before they could say: "Look at those guys - they spend loads of money. These guys have to win because they spent lots of money".'

'This season they go onto the pitch with a different outlook. They have high responsibilities and high expectations whereas in the last three years only Chelsea and Manchester United have won the title between us.'

On the possibility of a quadruple:

'I keep saying that I don't believe anyone can do it, even when Chelsea was in a position to do it last season, I still didn't think we could do it.

'Manchester United were out of the Carling Cup so even when they were doing well in the Champions League, Premiership and FA Cup they couldn't do it.

'One day it may happen again like it did with Manchester United winning the Treble eight years ago or with Porto four years ago, maybe with other teams in Europe but I don't think it's possible now.'

On who he would bet on for the title:

'You already know my answer. I believe Chelsea has the best players in the world and that's the way I work. I believe to win is to be the best and I will always believe in my players. Who should win the Golden Boot this season? Drogba.

'There will be other players in the frame like Kaka, Ronaldo or Messi, but for me it's Drogba. My players will always be the best players in the world. Who are the candidates to be the best team in the world? Chelsea, always Chelsea. That is my philosophy.

'Everyone has to improve, the club, Jose Mourinho, the players.'
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by toshmann(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2007
basket mouth maurhino grin the guy plays the premiership with the mouth. grin
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2007
and they win d epl with legs!
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by toshmann(m): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2007
Mustay:

and they win d epl with legs!

once every 50 yrs
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 8:59am On Jul 28, 2007
u don craze finish!!!

different decades, different strokes
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by toshmann(m): 9:02am On Jul 28, 2007
chelsea is the greatest club on earth
club record: 3 premierhip wins. 1955,2005,2006.
next win: 2056 grin

hip hip hip hurray grin
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 9:18am On Jul 28, 2007
hater angry

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by tosinawe(m): 2:34am On Jul 30, 2007
Carragher fears CHELSEA THREAT he says blues present d biggest obstacle 2 d premier leaque

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by wormedup(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2007
tosh nwa mama
i reckon this will be the 18th year, yes grin

how many more years will the most crowned club in the league keep putting shame on our face?
i thought they said, "charity begins at home" ? maybe u guy just like being stingy to urselves tongue

what does it feel like, holding the epl trophy ? oh ! sorry i forgot u wouldn't know about that embarassed
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by chad(m): 11:53am On Aug 05, 2007
now guys stop hating.granted man utd and liverpool hav a richer history than chelsea. so wat we'll get there soon enuf.we r doing a good job as it is cos in the last 4yrs we've become a force to reckon with in english futball and europe. u might say we spent money of course we had to, it's d drivin force of futball.some years back we didnt hav the money or the players and not surprisingly didnt do so well.high quality players sell jerseys,promote the club image and increase attendance in d stadium.all this makes money 4 d club.take d case of david beckham in Real for eg they made 300 million euros selling his jerseys alone in just 2 seasons.man utd and liverpool r much older clubs and expectdly hav richer histories but keeps ur socks on,CHELSEA is here 2 stay and remain 1 of the best clubs in english futball and the world.

BLUES FOREVA
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by akins4(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2007
chelsea sucks and jos mourinho is a motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!
i hate chelsea pass satan, lol,lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by whitelexi(m): 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2007
It is time grin grin grin
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by 9ja4eva: 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2007
Roman don get say even with d best players Chelsea aint nowhere so he decided to jst get free transfer.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by nateevs(m): 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2007
9ja4eva:

Roman don get say even with d best players Chelsea aint nowhere so he decided to jst get free transfer.

And?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by software(m): 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2007
che che che chelsea 4 life
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by amodu(m): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2007
What will you gain from all these HATERS?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by toba1909(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2007
Watch out for Arsenal winning the premiership next season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (81) (Reply)

Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020 / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.