Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? (870 Views)

No Shame? The Chairman Of This Wedding Is Having S*x With The Lady Getting Marri / PHOTO: This Wedding Is Attracting A Lot Of Attention / Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by jumoke5: 6:18pm On May 07, 2008
hi friends, pls i will like to know ur views on this my topic couse to me i see it not been neccessary in the sence that ,after church programe, one can easily entertain guest and let them go to there houses instead of wasting money on reception venue an other expenses on it.

pls ur comment(s) are highly welcome.
Re: Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 07, 2008
I don't see it as a waste of money, 'because you can as well make do with small weddings without inviting the whole world. Personally I plan on going away with the husband after saying my vows. If my family wants a reception they can have it, but I wouldn't want to be there except the husband (despite persuasions from me) wants one undecided.
Re: Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by Encomium(m): 7:01pm On May 07, 2008
It is not necessary as the main thing about wedding is the exchange of rings and marital vows in the Church and after that you can entertain the guests present in the Church premises or at home. People are using reception in a rented hall after wedding to raise fund which I termed fund raising ceremony.
Re: Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 07, 2008
its not a waste of money abeg,its a once in a life time event,so its worth it
Re: Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by HRhotness(f): 7:08pm On May 07, 2008
You dont hav to if you dont want to
My cousin had refreshments in the church gradens where everyone took pictures and said hi, lasted for about 1hr or 2 and then we were all gone, twas a very cute and classy ceremony too

receptions can get really crazy esp with the amount of money spent on them
Re: Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by HRhotness(f): 7:09pm On May 07, 2008
Encomium:

People are using reception in a rented hall after wedding to raise fund which I termed fund raising ceremony.

What kind of weddings do u go to? undecided
Re: Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by sassie(f): 7:13pm On May 07, 2008
Wedding Reception Tips for Brides Upon a Budget

I would have one for sure. Most important thing is to keep costs low.

If you want some advice, read this.

http://www.articleassets.com/Article/Wedding-Reception-Tips-For-Brides-Upon-a-Budget/22853
Re: Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by Busta(f): 7:31pm On May 07, 2008
I'd say . . .cut ur coat according to ur size.

if u can afford, why not? no need to be selfish, besides its ur day and u would wanna share it everybody.
if u cannot . . then make everyone go to the various houses after the wedding or u just have a very nice wedding and reception for just close family and friends.
Re: Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by Cayon(f): 2:34am On May 08, 2008
i love dancing, so my answer is yes
Re: Reception After Wedding, Is It Neccessary? by jumoke5: 8:36am On May 08, 2008
thanks everybody, but it seems its only females that are talking here.
pls i need mens opinion too.

my view is, the fact that church entertains people right there in the church after harvest/anniversary,
so i see nothing stoping our newly wedded couple frm doing the same and save the money or better still invest it for there unborn children.

(1) (Reply)

Are U Single And Ready To Mingle / This Goes To The Ladies new / I Luv Her N She Luvs Me. What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.