Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! (65037 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by FKBZ: 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hello sheelay,

pls just got a tablet.

have been using wifi to browse but now had to get a 3g modem to be to browse with my sim.

when i plugged it in i couldnt recieve or dial out again with my sim and if anyone calls me it doesnt ring out.

what could be wrong or does it mean i cant use my 3g modem to recieve calls frm tablet when plugged in.

also pls could u give me d most convient data plan i can use to browse on either mtn or glo.

and pls what is the code for configuration.

thanks
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by firstlady4(f): 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
Please, what is the advantage of android os to window os as well as the disadvantage. Please, your response is urgently needed. Thanks.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
C@$# mun€£¥:
hey bro..greetings.so i got 82k or thereabouts and ready to go all out 4d sony xperia z,buh i'd like to know if there are better value-for-money phones out there,and also the exact price b4 making a move.no uk used.thanx
It's a very good phone..... I think with the said amount..... U would get it n have a Lil change left with u...... The waterproof feature aside, I think the s3 would do all it can do....AND it's cheaper....if u still wanna go for the xz tho n u r in Lagos..... Check out i cell or krishna telecoms, they're the authorised dealers in Lagos.......
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
FKBZ: Hello sheelay,

pls just got a tablet.

have been using wifi to browse but now had to get a 3g modem to be to browse with my sim.

when i plugged it in i couldnt recieve or dial out again with my sim and if anyone calls me it doesnt ring out.

what could be wrong or does it mean i cant use my 3g modem to recieve calls frm tablet when plugged in.

also pls could u give me d most convient data plan i can use to browse on either mtn or glo.

and pls what is the code for configuration.

thanks
What is d brand n model of the tab...... Maybe it doesn't have gsm capabilities...... My best guess
Best data plan right now is d MTN bis plan...... Just send BBC to 21600 for 1k, and change ur apn to blackberry . net...
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
Will d bis wikly plan work on it, nd how much is it?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
first_lady: Please, what is the advantage of android os to window os as well as the disadvantage. Please, your response is urgently needed. Thanks.
Sorry ma'am for the late response.... Been busy..... Android o's is easily tweaked n u can get a grab of how it works quickly...... It's much more customizable..... Is well ahead in terms of applications u can use..... Has much more users than wp, which has would make it easy to find solutions to any issues it has......
Don't know of any disadvantages yet.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
leunamme93: Will d bis wikly plan work on it, nd how much is it?
Yea..... It costs 499 naira
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by CsmuneEy(m): 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
sheelay:
It's a very good phone..... I think with the said amount..... U would get it n have a Lil change left with u...... The waterproof feature aside, I think the s3 would do all it can do....AND it's cheaper....if u still wanna go for the xz tho n u r in Lagos..... Check out i cell or krishna telecoms, they're the authorised dealers in Lagos.......
thanks buddy.good job on here
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
C@$# mun€£¥:
thanks buddy.good job on here
U welcome... At ur service anytime
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by francis247(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
francis247: Samsung galaxy S2 or HTC one S? I stream a lot. 42 mbps download speed and aluminium body is pulling me 2 one S in spite of its non removable battery and no SD card slot. Also, I've read that it has pentile display which is a bit of a let down as a result of its high resolution, 256ppi on super AMOLED & 4.3 inches screen size. Don't really know what that means.
Awaiting your reply @ Sheelay
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
francis247: Awaiting your reply @ Sheelay
Sorry boss.... Go through this link.... It'll help u make ur decision http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/HTC-One-S-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II_id3011/page/2
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by RedCard1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
Pls I know am late on the thread and am apologising for that. I have been using blackberry (curve 7) since last year until I sold it last month. Am using a HTC phone now. But I need a new phone and I wanna switch to an upgraded version of Nokia. I don't love games, I only visit websites (eg nairaland, myedu, etc), facebook, twitter, whatsapp, badoo, 2go, download songs, watch videos/movies online. I can't use a phone that isn't youtube capable. How good are the Lumia range and which of them is the cheapest? Pls I wana know the exact price of the cheapest Lumia. I need BRAND NEW cos am not used to fairly used phones as they come with their uneasily recognizable faults. So pls which of the Lumia is the cheapest and how good is it? Am waiting for a reply. Thanx.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Wat do i nid to bring d edge/3g sign on my phone. It dosnt com up o
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
Red_Card: Pls I know am late on the thread and am apologising for that. I have been using blackberry (curve 7) since last year until I sold it last month. Am using a HTC phone now. But I need a new phone and I wanna switch to an upgraded version of Nokia. I don't love games, I only visit websites (eg nairaland, myedu, etc), facebook, twitter, whatsapp, badoo, 2go, download songs, watch videos/movies online. I can't use a phone that isn't youtube capable. How good are the Lumia range and which of them is the cheapest? Pls I wana know the exact price of the cheapest Lumia. I need BRAND NEW cos am not used to fairly used phones as they come with their uneasily recognizable faults. So pls which of the Lumia is the cheapest and how good is it? Am waiting for a reply. Thanx.
Lumia 520.... 29k.......okay for starters.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
leunamme93: Wat do i nid to bring d edge/3g sign on my phone. It dosnt com up o
Go to settings..... More settings..... Mobile network...... Network mode.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by FKBZ: 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
hi shely tanks,

its a bematel tablet,normally i make calls with it but since i plugged the external 3g modem i cant call or recieve calls.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
FKBZ: hi shely tanks,

its a bematel tablet,normally i make calls with it but since i plugged the external 3g modem i cant call or recieve calls.
Do u have a sim card in it, or its still d see sim in d modem?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by RedCard1(m): 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
sheelay:
Lumia 520.... 29k.......okay for starters.....
thanks but does it access YouTube very well and do u think d design is attractive? Is the screen size OK? Can't I get it @27k? Tnx for ur assistance.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 11:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
Red_Card: thanks but does it access YouTube very well and do u think d design is attractive? Is the screen size OK? Can't I get it @27k? Tnx for ur assistance.
That is slots' price, but u can get it less elsewhere..... Google lumia 520 n see if u like what you see..... I can't choose for u nah.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by otodeluxe(m): 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
If you are planning to buy a blackberry phone then I will recommend Blackberry Curve 7, its cheap and has all the features you need in a blackberry phone, click here for the price and where to buy in Nigeria http://deluxejournal.com/blackberry-curve-7-price-in-nigeria/
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 12:14am On Jul 03, 2013
thanks again
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 12:25am On Jul 03, 2013
jst dowmloaded Skype how is iy working
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2013
leunamme93: jst dpwmlpadrd Skype how is iy working
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 12:27am On Jul 03, 2013
already did dat
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 12:47am On Jul 03, 2013
leunamme93: already did dat
What's ur id?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by smartnoni(m): 2:46am On Jul 03, 2013
grin
mimopel: nokia asha 201 for sell wit accessories nd carton jst used for jst 1mnth, very neat almost lyk a new one, white colour for jst 10k fast internet connection, whasapp available jst 10k to grab, it's an amazing sells u ll lyk it!!...interested buyers shuld pls call 07030363986 or whatsapp 08183395004....i bet u ll lyk it
...we re talking android u re talking asha..areu a leaner?lol
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by smartnoni(m): 2:51am On Jul 03, 2013
sheelay:
go to www.sybla.com n download it....then head to play store n get mxplayer
tnx bro..can it work On BB?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 5:56am On Jul 03, 2013
smartnoni: tnx bro..can it work On BB?
Honestly..... I don't know.... But u cN give it a try.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 8:17am On Jul 03, 2013
sheelay:
What's ur id?
sheelay:
What's ur id?
sheelay:
What's ur id?
leunbest
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by RedCard1(m): 9:02am On Jul 03, 2013
smartnoni: grin...we re talking android u re talking asha..areu a leaner?lol
no mind dat guy...I guess he wants to get his 5 minutes of fame on NL by trying to take us back to 1997 (d symbian n java era). Which young adult in his right senses would go for java if he truly needs a smartphone? Lol
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by RedCard1(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2013
sheelay:
That is slots' price, but u can get it less elsewhere..... Google lumia 520 n see if u like what you see..... I can't choose for u nah.....
Oga me good day.. I just googled d Lumia 520 n I like d design. I just hope to get it @27k cos na my budget be dat o..unless I go Nokia store.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 9:20am On Jul 03, 2013
leunamme93: [b][/b]leunbest
Just added u... Sheelay112

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (52) (Reply)

Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan / MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.