Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! (64937 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 5:19am On Jun 29, 2013
toongee8701:

Nope boss.hrd it sells for 40k.jes thinkin of getting it.I nid an android phone badly.fanx for ur kind response thou.u far too kind!!
Is it officially from etisalat.would, and hope it's not locked on their network?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Najwal: 6:59am On Jun 29, 2013
simplicit: Nice work bro, jst got this gionee dream d1, a gr8 fone to b candid bt my prob is dat dey have no cc here n d ba3 is irremovable. What's ur take on dis?
plz hw much did u get d fon n were though i recide in abuja. Tanks
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by AdagzyLAKE: 7:17am On Jun 29, 2013
sheelay:
The Ericsson is very good, but according to u, u said u want something with front cam, but the 10 doesn't have front cam.... Though it comes with an 8.1 af back camera...... It's a very good phone n I can sell it to u for 23k....the price is xclusively for u.... If u want it
Really? Cool.... I'll be back from school by next week Saturday... Drop your digits lemme whatsapp
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by AdagzyLAKE: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2013
sheelay:
The Ericsson is very good, but according to u, u said u want something with front cam, but the 10 doesn't have front cam.... Though it comes with an 8.1 af back camera...... It's a very good phone n I can sell it to u for 23k....the price is xclusively for u.... If u want it
Checked the specs just now... Read it's 1.6 donut,hope yours is rooted tho sad
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 7:59am On Jun 29, 2013
Adagzy_LAKE:
Really? Cool.... I'll be back from school by next week Saturday... Drop your digits lemme whatsapp
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2013
Adagzy_LAKE:
Checked the specs just now... Read it's 1.6 donut,hope yours is rooted tho sad
Mine is on 2.3....can help u upgrade it to jb if u want
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2013
@sheelay
my frnd jst got an s2 i9100p with nfc, hw can we root it?
Thanks.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
leunamme93: @sheelay
Thanks.
What android version is on it?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by chikaotuu(m): 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
leunamme93: @sheelay
Thanks.
new? @wot price
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2013
sheelay:
What android version is on it?
it runs on jelly bean 4.1.2
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
chikaotuu:
new? @wot price
actually got sent frm uk.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2013
leunamme93:
actually got sent frm uk.
Follow d step by step guide on this link: http://m.ibtimes.co.uk/galaxys2-gti9100-root-android412-uhms8-jellybean-clockworkmod-470917.html
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Mod412(m): 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
Your opinion, best value for money among these three, curve 4, tecno n7 or phantom A1, and give reasons pls.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Mod412(m): 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
Yea also, which spec determines the image quality/clarity of a phone(not talking about camera mega pixel), so pixels, screen resolution or lcd/amoled(phone jargons neh)
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
sheelay:
Is it officially from etisalat.would, and hope it's not locked on their network?

Yeah its official from etisalat.but that's the problem. The sim section of the phone is locked to etisalat.that's why am asking hp that won't be a problem..
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2013
toongee8701:

Yeah its official from etisalat.but that's the problem. The sim section of the phone is locked to etisalat.that's why am asking hp that won't be a problem..
The only problems is that u won't be able to use another sim with it, and rooting voids warranty.... So if anything happens to it during the warranty period while still rooted.... U won't get a replacement or free repair...
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
Mod412: Yea also, which spec determines the image quality/clarity of a phone(not talking about camera mega pixel), so pixels, screen resolution or lcd/amoled(phone jargons neh)
I really don't understand ur question, pls clarify....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
Mod412: Your opinion, best value for money among these three, curve 4, tecno n7 or phantom A1, and give reasons pls.

a
phantom all the way..... It beats them all in all areas.... All specs
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
@sheelay my oga thank you for all the good work. Gracias!
Which network,setting is good for browsing using an unrooted phone?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Mod412(m): 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
Thanks, much appreciated sheelay.

As for the previous question, I was trying to find out which 'spec' determines the picture quality of a smartphone, is the screen resolution, pixel density or srceen type(i.e Led, AMOLED etc)
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2013
Mod412: Thanks, much appreciated sheelay.

As for the previous question, I was trying to find out which 'spec' determines the picture quality of a smartphone, is the screen resolution, pixel density or srceen type(i.e Led, AMOLED etc)
All r contributing factors...
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
leunamme93: @sheelay my oga thank you for all the good work. Gracias!
Which network,setting is good for browsing using an unrooted phone?
Right now, it's still the man blackberry subscription.... Gives more data than any other.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2013
sheelay:
Right now, it's still the man blackberry subscription.... Gives more data than any other.....
which network is it nd how can it be done?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
leunamme93:
which network is it nd how can it be done?
MTN.... Send BBC to 21600 for 1k.... And change ur an to blackberry.net
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
@sheelay you are just too humble.you no dey reason say our questions or wahala too much and u take time to answer us all.thanks God keep blessing you.
Abeg no vex oo.now I hav got options for a used galaxy note 1 and a fresh mint us used galaxy samsung s3 which is locked to at&t but unlocked for any sim use.which would you advice a brother to get.its your response I would use in knowin the way forward.I really need this please.cos I heard branded s3 phones usally hav issues.I look forward to a good response thanks!!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by simplicit(m): 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
Najwal: plz hw much did u get d fon n were though i recide in abuja. Tanks
i got it from comp. vill lagos, if u need it, it can b sent to u...39k
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
toongee8701: @sheelay you are just too humble.you no dey reason say our questions or wahala too much and u take time to answer us all.thanks God keep blessing you.
Abeg no vex oo.now I hav got options for a used galaxy note 1 and a fresh mint us used galaxy samsung s3 which is locked to at&t but unlocked for any sim use.which would you advice a brother to get.its your response I would use in knowin the way forward.I really need this please.cos I heard branded s3 phones usally hav issues.I look forward to a good response thanks!!
Bro..... Choose any1....the s3 is a recent phone so it'll have some new features...... Only problem is its branded.... Though if u choose the note1, with the right tweaking, you'd still enjoy it more than d s3.... Choose any one my brother..... Tnx for yr compliments....... I learnt my attitude from my teacher.... @calddon....he thought me all I know a out fones today, it's his humble way I'm replicating....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
Any1 on Skype here? Drop ur Skype Id here.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Najwal: 6:41am On Jun 30, 2013
simplicit: i got it from comp. vill lagos, if u need it, it can b sent to u...39k
ok tanks
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 11:41am On Jun 30, 2013
@all hapi sunday!
@sheelay is it data capped and skype; am on way..
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
leunamme93: @all hapi sunday!
@sheelay is it data capped and skype; am on way..
Yea... 3Gb.....what do u mean u on way?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Its Abt skype, i meant to tel u that i wil soon skype too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (52) (Reply)

Do You Still Remember This (picture) / MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.