Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation (7176 Views)

Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Learn To Cook Nigerian Food, Aisha Buhari Tells Iara Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
I'm not Nigerian per se - so my opinion(s) may be irrelevant. grin

However, how can you love one another as a nation when there was no nation in the first place? grin Nigeria only exist on paper, hence why the humanoids who occupy that geographical location constructed based on artificial borders will/may never get along.

How about strife to love yourself - and love other people before bringing a ruse of a nation into it? As for me - I love all black people and our diversity!!!

Hey, that's my just my honest opinion, though.

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by supaeagles(m): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
jackbauersballs: I find it very difficult to trust Ibo and Hausa Peopleangry
Do you even trust yourself ?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Evestar200(f): 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
Love,,love,,love,,it must start 4rm our parents,,cuz many parents dont allow their children to marry 4rm oda tribes or some tribes cuz of what they hv done long ago
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by 3ace(m): 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
payless: The problem is that; there is a particular ethnic group that hates everybody in Nigeria. They have refused to move on from what happened decades ago. They like to point fingers at everyone else for their problems. They want to secede and want the Presidency of Nigeria at the same time. There are good people (Chime, Rochas, Ken Nnamani and few other) among them but they won't support them. There is also an ethnic group who believe they are born to rule Nigeria. There is a section of them who think Islam is paramount to Nigerian constitution.

Until these two groups come to their senses, the union is doom forever!
I have come across this kind of indirect post before referring the same set of people but yours looks more direct. d tin for sweet my belle well well if to say u no mention names. Good remark though.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by slimfit1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
Screw that.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Evestar200(f): 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
DIVINE78:
Hard truth!!! When Obasanjo was the president his loudest critics were the Yoruba but other tribes will always rationalize what anybody from their tribe does.
PS: I'm not a Yoruba man.
yea,,cuz He didnt turn yoruba land to dubai,,and build all d best things in yoruba land,,,nonsense
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
op, shut up and just accept what you are: A BRITISH EXPERIMENT!

Love and trust my ass.

I would sooner love and trust scorpions and rattlesnakes than to accept betrayers, backbitters, murderers and parasites as the same nation as mine. Amadioha forbid! Tufiakwa! Ajo ife gbafuo!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Slickest(m): 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
Don't dream!!!!! As long as poverty,unemploymnt,lack of social amenities,corruption,etc remains there would be no trust, no love and hatred wil liv within you... I can only be my brother's keeper if am happy...
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by JohnnyPalmer: 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
The only thing that unites us together is the game of football!
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by akogunwhite: 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
Nice article brother.......team JOGS.....its your boy GEEBOW
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by mjconcept(m): 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
Slickest: Don't dream!!!!! As long as poverty,unemploymnt,lack of social amenities,corruption,etc remains there would be no trust, no love and hatred wil liv within you... I can only be my brother's keeper if am happy...
Hard truth bro......
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by mike404(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
Evestar200: yea,,cuz He didnt turn yoruba land to dubai,,and build all d best things in yoruba land,,,nonsense
EOD. MOD CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: op, shut up and just accept what you are: A BRITISH EXPERIMENT!

Love and trust my ass.

I would sooner love and trust scorpions and rattlesnakes than to accept betrayers, backbitters, murderers and parasites as the same nation as mine. Amadioha forbid! Tufiakwa! Ajo ife gbafuo!

Of course, it was a BRITISH EXPERIMENT. It has come to an end. Believe it. Just love Mama Africa and lovers of Mama Africa.

Would you let the system make you Kill your Brother man,
No dread, dread No.
Would let the system make you HATE your brother man;
No dread No.
The biggest man you ever did see,
was... was once a baby

---- Bob Marley

If you love your tribe so much, try and see to developing a writing system for your language and share the formula with your fellow African brothers. There is strength in our diversity. Lest we are being colonized via information technology by the Americans; albeit in good intentions educationally. Politically? Jah knows best.

One Love bro cool.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Ngwakwe: 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
What kind of unity are we talking about when Fashola will gladly tell a Nigerian to go back to his village and also make good on this threat by deporting them to where he thought is their state of origin.

@ payless
The only people that is trying hard to make this country their home is those people you hate.

These people have their investments all over the country and are not afraid of all the threats by some disgruntled Northerners and S/Westerners who are counting on the day they will dispossess them of their investments.

8 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by joseph1832(m): 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
Nigerians have been deceiving themselves that yes they can indeed trust, in a Nation where lies, deceit and treachery reigns any one who trust have always find themselves to blame.

The truth is what we all should tell ourselves...
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ngwakwe: What kind of unity are we talking about when Fashola will gladly tell a Nigerian to go back to his village and also make good on this threat by deporting them to where he thought is their state of origin.

@ payless
The only people that is trying hard to make this country their home is those people you hate.

These people have their investments all over the country and are not afraid of all the threats by some disgruntled Northerners and S/Westerners who are counting on the day they will dispossess them of their investments.

That was in the past homeboy. Two wrongs don't make a right. Lets think of the future. we are the future.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Tijay90(m): 6:51pm On Jun 16, 2013
See dem...they all know wat d problem is...yet they still spread hate...& they expect it 2stop...I think we shld see pple as "fellow humans" rather than create unnecessary tribal divisions...

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ikenga67: 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
AniyikayeD1st: As I sit here, I can't help but wonder why things have remained the way they have been and worse. We have been running around the same circle. Old sins are being paid back with new sins. A tribe will give you reasons why it will not forgive another tribe for what they did to them one year or the other and vice-versa. How much more the north and south arguments?!

We should understand that what binds a society together is love and trust not tribal uniformity or differences and other mundane things.

Love binds a society together while trust oils the wheel of progress within the society. It must also be said that without love, there can be no trust.

According to the Bible in the book of Matthew 22;32-40, one of the sadducees asked Jesus “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment." And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” If I obey all civil, criminal and common laws ever made on earth and I break this simple law and fail to adhere to this law, I continue to deny ourselves the sweetness of a peaceful society. It is the greatest law. Love is all that I need.

Without trust, how can I live? I won't buy food or food items if I can't trust the seller. I won't keep money in the bank if I don't trust the banking system. I won't even give to the beggar if I don't trust his or her intention. What if my cook decides to poison me? What if the bus driver swerves to the direction of d oncoming trailer? I have come to realise that more often than not my life is not in my hands(without trying to be religious) but in the hands of the other man whom I MUST trust to do the right thing.

I can give a hundred reasons why the government and the society is bad but hold on a sec,am I not a part of the society? For every act of mine that is devoid of love for the next person, I deny the society peace and trust - Irrespective of where,when and how I commit the act(s). I inadvertently deny my neighbours and myself a chance to live - for how can I live without trust?

What goes around truly comes around.

Happy Father's day!

"Trust and love" will do very well for a family and a religious society but I am sorry what works in a modern nation state is "enlightened self-interest", the pursuit of your own interest within the ambits of the law and being respectful of other's interest. Platitudes like love and trust are very well sounding but they can never be substitutes for the rule of law.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ACM10: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
payless: The problem is that; there is a particular ethnic group that hates everybody in Nigeria. They have refused to move on from what happened decades ago. They like to point fingers at everyone else for their problems. They want to secede and want the Presidency of Nigeria at the same time. There are good people (Chime, Rochas, Ken Nnamani and few other) among them but they won't support them. There is also an ethnic group who believe they are born to rule Nigeria. There is a section of them who think Islam is paramount to Nigerian constitution.

Until these two groups come to their senses, the union is doom forever!

I'm wondering why mod OAM4J left this comment to derail this wonderful thread. This comment is in conflict with the spirit of this thread. The comment is filled with ethnic baits. Don't punish posters from other ethnicities if they decides to respond in kind.

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Afam4eva(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
ACM10:

I'm wondering why the mod OAM4J left this comment to derail this thread. This comment is in conflict with the spirit of this thread. The comment is filled with ethnic baiting. Don't punish posters from other ethnicities if they decides to respond in kind.
I agree, the comment is in bad taste but it's not against the rules. People should be allowed to express themselves as long as they're not insulting anyone.

@topic
Love and trust does not just happen overnight and to a large extent, i don't think it's the prerogative of the people to learn to love when the system does not support it. The government has a huge role to play. They have to stop being hypocritical. While preaching One-Nigeria, they use the other hand to defile what they preach.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
zuchyblink: how can there be peace when one or two tribes are being maginalised,it won't work the south east and south south people are being maginalised since 1970.no seaport,no airport,bad roads here and there(especially FG Roads)no embassy.achieving peace in this country will be impossible if all these things are properly settled.

Now dat d present occupier happens to come from one of yr seemingly marginalised ethnic group,what has he overtly or covertly done in eida of SE or SS to correct dis yr perceived imbalance.....??

infact i read of the hundreds of abandoned NDDC projects dat litter d gamut of niger delta in a daily newspaper dis morning wherein so called sons-of -the-soil were awarded contracts to do projects dat will profoundly impact d socio-economic landscape of d ND

but wat do we have,failed n abandoned projects all ova

The naked fact about dis country is not about where d president comes from or what religion he or she practices

we only need a God fearing,disciplined,just n visonary individual who cant fight corruption wc has made political n democratic dividends not to trickle down to d governed

i hope d SS wil not eternally rue d failed opportunity dat GEJ divisive presidency has foisted on dem

dia is an avalanche of disquiet even among d SSners owing to GEJ perceived non-performance

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ikenga67: 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
I dont want to trust that my cook would not poison me, I want to trust that there exists a law that puts poisoners in jail for life.
I dont want to trust that my driver would not to swerve into oncoming trailer, I would rather trust on a system that insists that every driver has a minimum training and is not driving under the influence.
I don't want to trust on my banker not to run away with my deposit, I would rather trust on a regulatory system that sets out basic rules and guidelines upon which banks must operate.
I dont want to trust on the food seller not to sell me bad food, I would rather trust on a state that regulates the activities of food sellers and put in jail those that would try to pass off bad food.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
edited
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ACM10: 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
I agree, the comment is in bad taste but it's not against the rules. People should be allowed to express themselves as long as they're not insulting anyone.

You don't even know the rules of this forum, even though you are a mod of the most important and controversial section on this forum.

What does RULE 1 say?
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by IGBOSON1: 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
wellmax: Let's all try to be civil on this thread. The hatred must stop!

^^^Nice one bros.....after that you can try for world peace!

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Afam4eva(m): 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
ACM10:

You don't even know the rules of this forum, even though you are a mod of the most important and controversial section on this forum.

What does RULE 1 say?
Let's continue in the complaints section. Thanks.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ebucha: 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
chidindufrank: congratulation!!! You just won for yourself The Bigot Of The Year Award by derailing this wonderful thread
Now I understand what Payless is talking.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ACM10: 7:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
Let's continue in the complaints section. Thanks.

ok
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ujoinme: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
The problem is always the other person is a sign of childishness, until you grow up,take responsibility and start being the change that you want to see happen,Then you are just paying lip service to the issue.
You mean that your region has not contributed to the tribal problems facing the nation? let he that is not guilty cast the first stone.

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Lincolnburrows(m): 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
I've noticed over time that when someone wants to start a tribal war on nairaland, he opens thread under the guise of trust, love reconciliations and unity of Nigeria. For example: threads like " kiss and make up thread for yorubas and igbos" was full of banters from nairalanders . And now this thread " lets learn to love and trust each other as a nation" is now towing the same line. They always end up showing how much we hate one another. If tomorrow I open a thread like " I'm Yoruba but I love igbos" , just expect another show of hate and abuses from both tribes. My take: time heals all wounds.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Siraleeyu(m): 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
jackbauersballs: I find it very difficult to trust Ibo and Hausa People

Mod dont hide my post o! angry
u try...it will always be difficult for u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra One Of The Most Developed State In Nigeria / Propaganda Alert: Note How A Local Newspaper Reported The Latest Bokoharam Video / Boko Haram Kills 10 In Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.