Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation (7175 Views)

Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Learn To Cook Nigerian Food, Aisha Buhari Tells Iara Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Ngwakwe: 5:15am On Jun 17, 2013
So you advocate that Nigeria take the Oil resources from Imo, Abia, Rivers/Delta Igbos, and Anambra States and use them for developing the North and the West.

You just rubbished your comment above.

ecosanders: dis is exactly wat we r saying, an Igbo view wil always b lik d above, if u dnt want Nig y dnt u ppl move away, abi who is holding u? Cal all d Igbo office holders 2 resign, reject allocation frm Nigeria, go ur way n c if Nig wil miss u

2 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ecosanders: 5:53am On Jun 17, 2013
Ngwakwe: So you advocate that Nigeria take the Oil resources from Imo, Abia, Rivers/Delta Igbos, and Anambra States and use them for developing the North and the West.

You just rubbished your comment above.

Far frm it, as long as we remain in d same country, d resources in Nigeria is meant 4 Nigerians. Besides ma comment is a respnse 2 dat mofo derailing d thread, i tell ya dis ethnic group is d cog in d wheel of our Unity. Check out there comment here.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by laughterclub(m): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2013
OAM4J: Good Message!

Preach it on Bro!
OP DONT FORGET,WITHOUT HISTORY NIGERIA WONT MOVE FORWARD,OUR LEADERS GOT JOB AFTER SCHOOL DAYS WIT GOVT CAR N DRIVER...WERE R DOS JOBS NOW,NO JOB NO LUV OR UNITY.EQUAL RIGHT IS WAT WE WNT
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by OneNaira6: 6:36am On Jun 17, 2013
ROYALD: PLEASE CAN SOME ONE TELL ME THE MEANING OF ONE NIGERIA? WE SHOUT ALL THE TIME
.WHICH MEANS THERE IS SOMETHING REALLY WRONG WITH NIGERIA A NATION

HAVE YOU HAD AMERICANS SHOUTING ONE AMERICA? NO
HAVE YOU HAD GHANA SHOUTING ONE GHANA ? NO
,, ,, TOGO SHOUTING ONE TOGO ? NO

ASK YOURSELF WHAT IS THE WRONG WITH NIGERIA AS NATION?

exactly i view this rubbish "one Nigeria" thing. If a countrymen have to constantly let people know the nation is one then the nation is not one.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by OneNaira6: 6:41am On Jun 17, 2013
OP, Nigeria is not united. we not united online, politics, cultural, educational, religious, etc. it's a divided experiment and just like any other experiment, if it's not binding, try something else. imho, for me to support "one Nigeria" again, the people behind the ridicule of a country this nation has become should be kicked out. I.E: take core north and SW out and try again. if it e no work, continue trying until a good solution is found

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by samuelezekiel(m): 7:51am On Jun 17, 2013
let love lead the way.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by inosend: 9:02am On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=ROYALD][/quote]A thousand and one likes
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Briareos(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2013
Marginalization, as opposed to how some people think is quite irrelevant when to the underdevelopment of some parts of this country.

The Northerners have held power more than any zone in Nigeria, yet North is relatively underdeveloped. Obasanjo was president for eight years, the effect is unnoticeable in South West. Goodluck has been ruling since, South South is not developing out of the ordinary.

Nigerians are seeing the problems of this country from a plexiglass; we are not seeing it clearly. The problem is majorly our LEADERS. We have terrible people in the helms of affairs. I've always wondered why no Igbo senator or governor or minister is pro Biafran. Or why no Hausa top echelons practice Islam the way their youth is practicing it. Or why no Yoruba politician is seeing himself better than other tribes and not pallying with others?

Our politicians irrespective of their tribe are busy looting the funds of this country while we the youth are busy fighting each others senselessly.

Is it the Hausas or Igbos that are preventing the South West governors from developing their states? Maybe it is the Igbos that are underdeveloping the North.

If this country splits today - what do the pro 'let's divide' think is going to happen? That our leaders will suddenly change? The same set of people that has been ruling, that are still ruling now will still be the same people that will rule the divided countries.

We think these people are foolish but the truth is that we are not that wise either and they are using us to achieve their aim.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 17, 2013
I have come to realise that Yorubas are the major problematic ethnic group and thrives on tribalism.

The poster wrote such a wonder piece and it took a yoruba person to derail the thread ranting on how illiteracy is killing hausas and how un forgiveness is Igbo's major problem.

This type of ranting reminds me of my Nysc camp days: there was an election in my platoon for a financial officer, the yorubas voiced out against the choice of a candidate simply because he's Igbo and to them all Igbos are crooks even without dealing with any Igbo before.

But I appeal to other tribes, do not be like me and generalise this about yoruba.

Granted the most tribalistic set of people I have ever met are yorubas but also the most warm hearted and accepting person I have ever come across is a yoruba person. Do not allow some yoruba bigots shape your opinion of the Yoruba tribe.

The next time any Yoruba bigot attempts to start tribalism on a thread just ignore the post. Do not encourage such e-war of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by toshmann(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lmao! May God deliver u.

Amen cheesy
But I think Nigeria needs the deliverance more grin

C'mon honey lets unite the country, Toshmann style wink
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by remarkD(m): 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
I totally agree with you, however, not all of us have had the (mis)fortune of living amongst these people...
so when we come online and see them fulfilling all the characteristics that one way or another that we have heard of or come to know (of them), its hard not to see them differently...

i have asked a few people that have lived amongst them... hausa or Yoruba... guess their response? (for whom theyd prefer to deal with)
gbaky_floor:
I have come to realise that Yorubas are the major problematic ethnic group and thrives on tribalism.

The poster wrote such a wonder piece and it took a yoruba person to derail the thread ranting on how illiteracy is killing hausas and how un forgiveness is Igbo's major problem.

This type of ranting reminds me of my Nysc camp days: there was an election in my platoon for a financial officer, the yorubas voiced out against the choice of a candidate simply because he's Igbo and to them all Igbos are crooks even without dealing with any Igbo before.

But I appeal to other tribes, do not be like me and generalise this about yoruba.

Granted the most tribalistic set of people I have ever met are yorubas but also the most warm hearted and accepting person I have ever come across is a yoruba person. Do not allow some yoruba bigots shape your opinion of the Yoruba tribe.

The next time any Yoruba bigot attempts to start tribalism on a thread just ignore the post. Do not encourage such e-war of tribalism.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Revolva(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
in Nigerai there is nothing as love...even within tribes...relationship..all people want is what will benefit them...
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
payless: The problem is that; there is a particular ethnic group that hates everybody in Nigeria. They have refused to move on from what happened decades ago. They like to point fingers at everyone else for their problems. They want to secede and want the Presidency of Nigeria at the same time. There are good people (Chime, Rochas, Ken Nnamani and few other) among them but they won't support them. There is also an ethnic group who believe they are born to rule Nigeria. There is a section of them who think Islam is paramount to Nigerian constitution.

Until these two groups come to their senses, the union is doom forever!

My people have a saying "that when the corpse of a stranger is being carried, it feels as if it is dry woods that is being carried".

The slaughtering of our people in Nigeria has continued without any sign it would stop one day and you are busy ranting about "pointing fingers". Let me get your point, we should sit still and not complain while the annihilation continues?

If we don't want one Nigeria, should we be everywhere across this country?

Show us that we are welcomed, stop treating us like animals to be slaughtered at will.

So you think the present agitation for Biafra was because of the civil war?

No sir! It is only the on going campaign of terror being meted on us that keeps reminding us of our beloved Nation!

If you guys are serious, then call for a National conference right away. Let us negotiate Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
The problem is in not accepting the obvious when it tends not to paint a particular tribe, it could be mine or yours, in glowing colours. For example during the debate spurred by Wole Soyinka affirming Chinua Achebe's stand that he was not the father of African literature, Igbo people started using abusive words on Soyinka. Even though they were directed to the page in There Was A Country where he said he was a storyteller, they were still adamant.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
i was raised to believe that other tribes especially hausa are the enemies,coupled with the fact that i lost my paternal grand fathr during the pogrom my dad always took time to hammer it in my head that i was not to trust hausas and yorubas,so dont blame me if i act tribalistic.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ecosanders: 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
igboezue: i was raised to believe that other tribes especially hausa are the enemies,coupled with the fact that i lost my paternal grand fathr during the pogrom my dad always took time to hammer it in my head that i was not to trust hausas and yorubas,so dont blame me if i act tribalistic.
And u havnt grow up enough 2 mak judgement by urself? Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Believe This Car Is In "Almighty" USA / [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density / Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.